Our leading client based in Cork, Ireland is seeking a Software Project Manager for a challenging role within a large team, engaged in delivering critical solutions to a well-established eCommerce client.
Work closely with Senior management and peers, Architects and Project Leads to understand client priorities and business requirements
Monitor and Delivery the project within the defined scope, to budget and time-scale.
Develop detailed project schedules and communicate these to the client.
Manage day-to-day client interaction and close collaboration.
Set and manage client expectations.
Appraise the work/deliverables of team members; identify and provide for developmental needs of team; and take corrective action when necessary.
Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
Build a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures
Desired Candidate Skills & Experience:
5+ years demonstrable & successful experience in a project lead or project management position, preferably in a commercial software development organisation, or in a similar exacting technical environment.
Experience of Agile development methodologies, particularly ‘Scrum’
Detailed familiarity with the Software development lifecycle
Possesses good understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
IOS, Android, Windows
Java SC / Java EE
Mongo DB, SQL Server, MySql
Please get in touch for further details on this excellent, long term contract opportunity.
Endeavour Recruitment has an exciting contract opportunity for a UI Software Engineer with 5+ years’ experience.
Join a large client, in the Financial Services Sector based in La Hulpe, Belgium. The contract is initially for 6 months and the all-inclusive daily rate is market related.
Role and Responsibilities:
- As a user interface software engineer working in an Agile team, you are responsible for managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables. With your technical expertise you design, develop, test, maintain and enhance software solutions.
- We need engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems and continually improve our products.
- Design, develop, test, enhance and support cloud applications.
- Participate in feasibility studies to validate technical solutions for product enhancements.
- Analyse problems, propose and implement solutions.
- Understand and address security vulnerabilities.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- University degree in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in Object-oriented design, algorithms, and software design
- Extensive knowledge of Java
- Extensive knowledge of Browser specificities (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Edge, Firefox)
- Knowledge of the security aspects in software design and development and in security technologies (PKI, TLS)
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux (RHEL or similar) operating systems
- Knowledge of UX concepts
- Strong communication; fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Quality oriented, meticulous, rigorous, disciplined
- Adaptability and responsiveness to change
- Proactive and autonomous
- Open to new ideas, innovative mind-set, intellectual curiosity and self-motivated learner
- A team player, willing to work in a multicultural environment
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
An international organisation is looking for a Monitoring Expert to join their team. This is the perfect opportunity for somebody who enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment and is looking to take the next step in their career. This is a 1 year contract role and the all-inclusive daily rate for this role is €445.
You will be expected:
- Implement monitoring requests required by the Service Level Manager and the Developer’s Team
- Provide support to Incident Management to diagnose and fix issues in the production environment
- Design, build, configure and test monitoring probes for a wide range of systems and applications.
- Carry out research to define systems according to needs
- Pinpoint malfunction causes and suggest remedial action and alternative solutions
- Act as an acknowledged go-between for experts from other areas
- Investigate alerts
- Add probing to new Linux nodes
- Maintain monitoring CMDB
- Monitor technologies
- Put forward solutions to improve systems performance
- Establish rules for the proper management of systems
- Define systems from a functional and technical standpoint
- Check that standards are implemented
Technical Skills Required:
- University degree with at least 5 years’ experience
- Experience in writing secure and resilient code in Perl and Java
- Experience in using Monitoring tools: CA-Nimsoft is desirable and knowledge of AXWAY/Systar product is required
- Event management based on the interface between the monitoring tool and the ITSM tool
- Event correlation rules design and optimisation experience
- Experience in a vast range of enterprise technologies such as databases, Unix, Linux, Windows, Cloud-based applications, storage and virtualisation technologies, switches and firewalls
- Good knowledge of MS/SQL
- Basic knowledge of ITIL V3 is desirable.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation
- Consistently meeting deadlines with high quality documentation
- Coordination of multiple procedures simultaneously
- Working with and communicating to, stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
If you wish to be considered or you want to know more about the role then please contact us as soon as possible. These opportunities do not present themselves often.
Endeavour Recruitment has exciting opportunities for a Cyber Security/SOC Architects for their client, in various locations in France or Germany.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a company to work for, offering a very competitive salary, a variety of benefits and the prospect of career growth and progression.
Our client, a European cybersecurity specialist, has the mission to protect the National Critical Infrastructure, as well as government and defense against cyber threats. Reliable and high-performance security products and services are able to detect, analyze and neutralize the most sophisticated cyber attacks.
Your responsibilities will include among the following tasks:
- You intervene on the SOC architecture studies, in order to specify the most suitable to be taken into account for the supervision of the safety in relation to the need of the customer.
- You are the privileged interface of the project manager, and you have to define the build project strategy with him. You bring the elements to define the risks and project opportunities.
- You act within the company to control the technical teams (IDS, SIEM, WAF..), and you are the technical referent vis-à-vis our customers in the phase of construction.
- You are required to make a technical watch on the progress in the world of the cyber- security, attack methods and system protection methods, and security solutions supervision.
Experience & Knowledge
- Holder of a diploma of Engineer Bac+5 (or equivalent) in the field of cybersecurity or a related discipline.
- 3 years minimum experience in a similar position and ISO 27001 certification.
- Solid knowledge of cyberdefence products: IDSIIPS, management system of log, SIEM, vulnerability scanner, APT detection tools, etc.
- Linux and Windows skills.
- You're always curious, invested, concerned. As a team, you promote transparency and listening to your people.
- Language skills: advanced level in English. Fluent in French or German
- Please note this position requires a security clearance.
- There may be requirements to travel to customer premises (predominantly national but also limited international).
Please, get in touch ASAP for further details on these superb career opportunities.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for a Dutch or French speaking Infrastructure Project Manager to work for a client in the financial sector in Brussels, Belgium. This duration of this role is initially until the end of 2018 with possibility of extension thereafter and the rate is market related.
- Manage an internal project in order to define and implement a full application and batch monitoring solution.
- Scope the work required
- Develop workable project plans and financial models
- Assign resources, monitor progress and take corrective action to deliver solutions within project budget and time lines.
- Identify and mitigate project risks.
- Accountable for the evaluation and management of appropriate testing methods.
- Produce reports
- Know, understand and apply corporate standards (methods, tools and processes)
- Have a deep knowledge and experience with applicative monitoring within a critical IT environment.
- Planning and organisation
- Must be fluent in Dutch or French
- Stress Tolerance
- Able to assist the implementation when needed.
- Experience with Unix/ Windows Shell Scripting is required.
- Knowledge of Monitor Now and/or Newtest is an advantage
- Experience with scheduling tools such as CA Dollar universe is an advantage
- Open minded
- Team Player
- Structured and analytical approach
- Effective in communication (written and spoken)
- Excellent problem solving skills.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent contract opportunity for an experienced French and or Dutch-speaking Project Manager with a technical infrastructure background to join a great team in Brussels, Belgium.
IT infrastructure projects are executed in a matrix organisation in which the technical delivery is responsible for various specialized teams across the Delivery organisation.
The Project Management will be required to coordinate and support delivery activities within the different domain.
Required skills and experience :
- Technical skills focused on Windows Operating systems and Microsoft ecosystems (AD, Exchange, Sharepoint,) as well as virtual environments based on Citrix.
- 5 to 7 years of experience with management of IT infrastructure projects or initiatives as a Project Manager, a Technical Team Leader, Line Manager or equivalent function.
- 2 to 3 years of experience with delivery of mid to large size IT infrastructure projects of medium to high complexity.
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills.
- Strong client- and service-oriented mindset.
- Excellent knowledge of Project Management practices and methodologies (e.g. PMBOK or Prince2), planning tools, with relevant certificates and accreditations (or equivalent knowledge and experience).
- Understands the objectives related to the project from a cost, schedule, technical and quality perspective. Individual is able to make project trade-offs in complex and/or sensitive situations.
- Flexible to travel, if and as required.
- Experience in the banking industry would be advantageous.
- English + Dutch and/or French
Please get in touch for further details on this not to be missed contract opportunity.
Endeavour Recruitment is looking for two Permanent Test Analysts for their client based in Brighton. This is primarily a Manual Testing role, but experience of Automated Testing would be advantageous. Training for this would also be provided. Between 2-5 years’ experience required. The salary on offer is between £25K to £30K.
The ideal candidates will have worked in a Testing role before and therefore be familiar with Agile, TDD, and implementing test plans. The client requires candidates who are excellent communicators, are extremely business focussed and are keen to build on their testing abilities to help deliver automated regression testing.
Essential Candidate Experience:
- 2-5 years’ Testing experience
- Jira &/or Bugzilla
- Linux / Windows
- Web Based Applications
- NoSQL, MySQL & SQL Server
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Apache, Tomcat, jBoss
If you are interested in this role and you have the right experience, then please apply for the role with your most up to date CV that includes the experience you have relevant to the role.
Endeavour has an urgent Document Processing Specialist contract opportunity for a global European organisation, based in Switzerland.
This contract would be initially for 3 months, with possible extensions.
The successful candidate will assist in the processing of images and data received and published by our client.
Skills and experience required:
- 4 years+ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to manipulate images and scanned documents (resize, crop, retouch etc.) using Photoshop and other tools.
- Ability to process scanned documents to make them more readable.
- Ability to edit XML documents using a text editor and to validate these documents against a DTD or schema.
- Good knowledge of Windows and Linux, Document creation tools, including Word, Adobe, Excel, graphic files tools, ZIP, ASCII Text Editors, FTP.
- Ability to work quickly and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French.
Your daily duties will involve the following tasks:
- Resizing, cropping, retouching and manipulating images to ensure they meet the necessary quality and standards for publication.
- Enhancing scanned documents which were received electronically in order to make them more readable.
- Correcting XML data to make it conform to published DTDs/schemas.
- Making the data available via FTP.
- Performing the above tasks in a timely manner
- Using the in-house developed tools which assist this process and participate in their further development
- Performing other duties as required.
Please apply and get in touch for further details on the excellent contract opportunity!
Endeavour Recruitment has a new requirement for an experienced Service Desk Analyst for their busy client in Brighton. Our client is seeking candidates who are Customer Focused and can provide technical troubleshooting support at 1st and 2nd Line. This is a Desktop, Server and LAN support role. The salary will be commensurate with experience.
Primary responsibilities will be to maintain computer stations and software, set up new users, liaise with 3rd party suppliers, prioritise tickets and ensuring that all SLA’s are met.
- 2 Years’ Experience in a similar role
- Windows Desktop O/S
- Windows & Linux
- Office 365
- Networking – Switches, Routers, Broadband, Leased Lines, VoIP and Cabling
- Security – Patching & Firewalls
- Contact Centre Software
- Service Desk and Projects
If you don’t have all of the required experience, then please still apply as our client is keen to find the “right person” for the role regardless of experience.
Endeavour Recruitment has a new permanent opportunity for a commercially aware Software tester.
The successful candidate should come from a testing background and have at least five years software testing experience.
The self-motivated Software Tester should possess a good work ethic with proven analytical skills and have strong oral and written communications skills.
You should be confident, organised, with good analytical and excellent attention to detail.
This role is based in North London and the salary will be in £25k p/a.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science
- Ability to plan, design and conduct presentations to small or large audiences
- Knowledge of working in financial services or the printing industry would be advantageous.
- Testing in a multi-platform environment – using both Windows and Web based applications
- Testing of software in a QA/QC environment as well as pre-production and production environments
- Working in an Agile environment
- Hands on experience of SCRUM
- Capability of simple C# development
- Knowledge and experience with structured test methodologies
- Test analysis, design, plans, scenarios and scripting
- Knowledge of automated test tools.
Applicants are invited to apply as soon as possible to be included in the shortlist.