SQL Developer / Data Engineer
Our financial client based on the outskirts of Southampton and Portsmouth on the south coast have an opportunity for a SQL Developer / Data Engineer to join the team.
You will sit within the Data Team and work with technical and non-technical people across the whole company.
What will you be doing?
• Development and maintenance of data warehouse (Azure Data Factory, SQL Server)
• Writing SQL views and stored procedures
• Assisting with Power BI development and maintenance
• Database modelling, development and optimisation
• Azure DevOps
• Requirements gathering from senior stakeholders
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a can-do attitude – able to use initiative to bring about positive change and take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data
• Has experience in using PowerBI
• Has a strong command of SQL
• Thrives on problem solving and able to suggest solutions
• Can communicate effectively and be comfortable communicating ideas to people at all levels across the firm
• Can distil a complex problem into a workable solution and implement it
• Has gumption and strives to continuously learn and implement new skills and technologies on the fly. Can take an assignment and “run with it”.
• Has advanced Excel usage
Bonus Points for:
• Working in the financial industry
• Experience with Azure, especially Azure Data Factory and Azure DevOps
• Previous coding experience
• API experience
For further details regarding this exciting role, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Excellent long term contract opportunity for an Amazon AWS Cloud solutions engineer to help maintain, troubleshoot the infrastructure and provide support to internal cloud-based tools.
You will be part of a talented and multilingual team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security for a Leading European Organisation.
Service4Developers is the entry point of autonomous Cloud sandbox development environment.
PublicCloud will be a highly automated Cloud Hosting solution based on WildFly/PostgreSQL.
Qualified engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
At least 3 year professional experience within large-scale Data Centre environments
At least 6 months of professional experience on cloud environments
Create and maintain AWS stacks.
Monitoring tooling performance and production jobs
Troubleshoot end-user incidents on infrastructure level only
Receiving, logging and managing requests from customers via ticketing
Maintain and amend procedures
Participate in meetings and training related to the position
Liaise with other technical teams for problem resolution
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
AWS Cloud experience, certification is appreciated
Proven working experience with UNIX /Linux based environments
A knowledge in the following domain would be considered as an asset (level 1):
Basic to advanced networking principles (e.g: NACL, routing)
ORACLE Database and SQL knowledge
Scripting skills (e.g., powershell, Python)
ITSM Tools knowledge (SMT, BMC Atrium, Patrol, Proactive Net …)
Experience with a monitoring system
Kubernetes and tools around k8s ecosystem
DevOps, GitOps principles
A knowledge in the following domain would be considered as nice to have
Artefact store knowledge (Nexus)
Monitoring Dynatrace, Pandora
English fluent is mandatory (speaking & writing), French is an asset
First IT Service Desk/IT Support experience
You are able to work in shifts (8 AM – 8 PM)
Please get in touch for further details.
Endeavour Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for an experienced developer in test to join our leading financial client on a contract basis. This role can be full-time or flexible to fit around you, it will be fully remote.
We are looking for someone who has created technical tests before and who is enthusiastic in revamping and reviewing existing processes.
• SQL Server
Please apply ASAP to be shortlisted for this exciting opportunity.
Contract opportunity: calling profiles for a Head of Analytics role with our London based client!
This is a hybrid work role, with the expectation to be 2/3 days onsite.
Our client is looking for a profilewith Power BI experience and good technical knowledge of BI tools to be the face of analytics/data in the organisation and help them move forward in their analytics transformation journey.
The successful Head of Analytics will demonstrate excellent communication skills and ideally have the following experience:
- Senior leadership experience in an analytics related role, with multiple stakeholders, and a complex and technical operating environment.
- Commercial experience with a record of delivering outcomes that add value or impact on service delivery and produce ROI.
- Experience of working with a range of operational stakeholders; demonstrating excellent communication and engagement.
- Experience in managing projects or delivering analytics transformation programmes successfully.
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service; preferably delivering analytics.
- Experience of shaping strategy and vision for your service area and delivering it successfully
- Good experience of working in an agile product delivery model, ideally data related products, as the responsible person
Your technical skills will include:
- Good knowledge (Head of level) around data and analytics that optimise performance and deliver value; user experience, design, technical skills, and platform knowledge. To the level that are able to engage with technical staff and data architectures or experts.
- Excellent knowledge of Power BI and other analytics or data tools, technologies, preferably Microsoft. As well as good understanding of data architecture. To the level that you are able to engage with technical staff and data architectures or experts.
- Good knowledge of SQL, ETL technologies and data modelling. Knowledge of programming languages useful for data analytics such as Python
- Good knowledge of the Azure cloud data platform and the potential to use its services to improve analytics
- Good knowledge of testing BI software, release cycles, devops (dataops) and how to successfully move a product from development to production
- Ability to understand complex technical/technology solutions and concepts, with the ability to solve complex problems.
- Effective IT skills including basic/intermediate/advanced MS Office skills
- Ability to mitigate and manage complex risks; including technical or regulatory ones such as GDPR, SDR etc.
Please send your CV or get in touch for further information ASAP!
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experience developer to join our leading client based on a contract basis. Our client is based in Vienna and the role is 50% on-site and 50% remote. The hourly rate is €70.
The right candidate will be speak English and German and be experienced in the field of software engineering.
- Sufficient knowledge of IT systems (Linux servers), IT system architecture and processes
- Support in system design as well as system and integration testing of applications with DB usage
- Maintenance and replacement of legacy systems (PL/SQL, Oracle Forms)
- High willingness to learn and flexibility in familiarizing with new topics
- Structured approach and solution-oriented way of working
- Quality-conscious and proactive way of working
- High competence in analysis and design
- Desirable experience with JIRA
If you think you have the right skills for this opportunity then please apply ASAP!!
Endeavour is looking for an experienced Python software engineer to join our Financial client’s growing technology team, based in London for an exciting career opportunity.
The role will follow a hybrid model with proportion of the working week remotely.
The successful Python Developer will be someone who enjoys innovating, problem solving and wants to be at the forefront of transformation. As our client continues to grow organically and through acquisition, the firm is in the process of redefining its technology strategy which requires proprietary applications that can grow at scale.
The current technology landscape is a mixture of off-the-shelf applications and bespoke in-house developments. The integration of these platforms will be paramount before further developing client facing technology.
The selected Python software engineer will report to Chief Technology Officer and be responsible for the following key areas:
• Delivering Python-based application with a web frontend (Django preferable)
• Integration of existing enterprise grade applications
• Delivering bespoke web development to a large client base
• To assist in architecting the future state of software development
• 3 + years commercial experience as a senior developer
• A BSC in Computer Science or an equivalent analytical/numerate subject
• Have commercial hands-on coding experience
• Experience of leveraging REST APIs to undertake application integration
• Experience of unit and end-to-end testing of Python
• Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
• Experience with software version control, specifically Git/GitHub (checking in/out, committing,
branching and tagging)
• Be well versed with Test Driven Development and Paired Programming
• Be passionate about collaboration and influencing peers and junior engineers
• Have excellent communication skills and be comfortable communicating complex ideas to
people at all levels across our business
Send us your CV or get in touch for more details on this fantastic opportunity!
Contract opportunity for a Desktop Support profile to start ASAP.
You will be joining a growing financial sector business IT team.
This will be a hybrid remote role.
For the right Desktop Support candidate, there will be the opportunity to become a permanent member of our client’s IT team.
As a Desktop Support representative, you will be responsible for providing IT application
and infrastructure support, as well as developing business solutions that help bring about
operational efficiencies and improvements to our client’s technology capabilities. You will report
to the Head of IT within a team of four other members. Day-to-day the role will largely involve
working with internal users as well as working closely with our third-party IT suppliers.
The successful Desktop Support profile will be:
- Customer focused – able to put themselves into the end users’ shoes to understand their
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships.
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude – able to use initiative to bring about positive change,
especially in ambiguous situations.
- Well organised and able to manage a competing work volume.
- Logically thinking – able to plan out the sequence of steps to understand and resolve a
- Driven to progress in their career and takes responsibility for their development.
- Is not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo.
- Willing to travel between offices when required (Solent, Bournemouth, and London) on
- ccasions (20% travel)
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working with the end users of technology
- A strong demonstrable desire to build a career in IT
- At least a 2:1 university degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics
- (STEM) subject that contained modules with programming exposure.
- Experience of working in a financial services operational department (ideally within a
- wealth management context)
- Evidence of improving a process using technology solutions
- Evidence of providing customer support, either in a technical or non-technical capacity
- Knowledge and experience of using the Microsoft Azure, PowerApps, and Power Automate
- Technical background with evidence of programming experience in an object orientated or
- Advanced Excel skills