Credit Risk IT –Engineer
You will be responsible for working collaboratively in a cross functional SAFeAgile Scrum feature team to deliver solutions for business partners in the Credit Risk domain. All team members are committed to working together to deliver front and back end components along with automated tests that ensure the quality of deliverables. The team partners directly with key stakeholders and end users in a globally distributed organization to understand requirements and collectively design and develop the best possible solutions.
We are looking for strong big data development skills to enhance our team’s technical capabilities. The team will be working across multiple technologies and will need to work together to ensure delivery of business value. This will mean sharing your technical expertise with teammates and being willing to learn and take up tasks with technologies that may not be your primary skill set.
What You Will Do:
- Analyze user requirements and design appropriate big datasolutions that best fit those requirements
- Work in a cross functional Agile Scrum team to design, develop, test and maintain solutions
- Ensure that solutions are in line with department and domain architecture strategies and contribute to defining and improving those strategies
- Help build, maintain and continually implement tests for an automated testing framework that drives integration tests front to back across components.
- Work collaboratively - sharing knowledge and helping mentor teammates in your areas of expertise.
Skills You’ll Need:
- A Strong hands-on technical lead with 7+ years of software development experience using Scala, Scala, Java, Spring, Spark Framework, R, Python and Cloudera Distribution of Hadoop.
- Excellent problem solving skills in a distributed, multi-technology ecosystem
- Architectural Design Patterns, Highly optimized, Low latency and Massively Scalable Platforms
- Strong understanding of concurrency, distributed systems development and performance optimization.
- Experience of implementation and design of Business Critical, calculation and data intensive data flows using one of key Public Cloud GCP/AWS/Azure, GCP preferred. Experience working with GCP native services like Composer, Cloud Run, Cloud functions, Terraform templates, Data Proc, GCE. GKE, Service Mesh etc.
- A willingness to learn all layers of the development stack, including test and auto deployment tools, to be able to collaboratively deliver front-to-back solutions, as well as champion best practice development techniques.
- Experience with source control (Git), build tools (Maven) and continuous integration (TeamCity / Jenkins)
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and clients while facilitating development of a completed and successful solution.
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of clients’ timelines and budgets.
Skills That Will Help You Excel:
- Financial Services Industry Experience – Exposure to Stress Testing is a huge plus
- Knowledge of Risk Management
- Experience working in SAFe Agile program
- Interest in learning and contributing with some of these technologies:
- REST services
DevOps Co-Ordinator required for a contract position with a leading technology client based in Cork.
You will act as a Release Co-Ordinator, you will manage the process of planning, scheduling and controlling a software build through different stages and environments; including coordinating with the deployment teams to ensure successful implementation.
Our client is looking for a DevOps Co-Ordinator with excellent organisation and communication skills at all levels.
The successful DevOps Co-Ordinator will be responsible for:
- Preparing release builds in Java and Angular and build new projects before a release.
- Supporting multiple project teams and codebases to enable the deployment of application releases to controlled test and production environments.
- Verifying that releases are deployed correctly and monitor code migration between environments.
- Monitoring JIRA to track and maintain the status of all scheduled releases.
- Creating planned and emergency release builds and implementation plans.
- Providing team with issues and resolution steps taken during Monthly Enterprise release weekends.
- Working with Change Management to ensure Change Tickets (ServiceNow) are correct and have the required paperwork in place.
- Submitting release builds for monthly security scanning (Snyk and Checkmarx).
- Improving the process of building and deploying artefacts to test and production environments (automate builds and scans).
- Adhering to and promoting internal information security policies and procedures.
- Supporting software configuration management policies and procedures.
- Supporting intake of production support MBP JIRAs and incidents
- Working with BAs and development to provide LOEs for monthly release packages
- Working with BAs and development to improve the production support process
- Attending meetings with business to discuss the availability of resources for monthly packages
- Experience working with the following are essential:
- Git and Git branches
- Unix and/or Linux platforms
- Experience working with the following are desired but not essential:
- Experience in SDLC methodologies/software development/release/process and configuration management
- Experience in Java, Python and Angular programming desired but not essential
Send us your CV or get in touch for more info on this great contract opportunity!
Excellent long term contract opportunity for an Amazon AWS Cloud solutions engineer to help maintain, troubleshoot the infrastructure and provide support to internal cloud-based tools.
You will be part of a talented and multilingual team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security for a Leading European Organisation.
Service4Developers is the entry point of autonomous Cloud sandbox development environment.
PublicCloud will be a highly automated Cloud Hosting solution based on WildFly/PostgreSQL.
Qualified engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
At least 3 year professional experience within large-scale Data Centre environments
At least 6 months of professional experience on cloud environments
Create and maintain AWS stacks.
Monitoring tooling performance and production jobs
Troubleshoot end-user incidents on infrastructure level only
Receiving, logging and managing requests from customers via ticketing
Maintain and amend procedures
Participate in meetings and training related to the position
Liaise with other technical teams for problem resolution
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
AWS Cloud experience, certification is appreciated
Proven working experience with UNIX /Linux based environments
A knowledge in the following domain would be considered as an asset (level 1):
Basic to advanced networking principles (e.g: NACL, routing)
ORACLE Database and SQL knowledge
Scripting skills (e.g., powershell, Python)
ITSM Tools knowledge (SMT, BMC Atrium, Patrol, Proactive Net …)
Experience with a monitoring system
Kubernetes and tools around k8s ecosystem
DevOps, GitOps principles
A knowledge in the following domain would be considered as nice to have
Artefact store knowledge (Nexus)
Monitoring Dynatrace, Pandora
English fluent is mandatory (speaking & writing), French is an asset
First IT Service Desk/IT Support experience
You are able to work in shifts (8 AM – 8 PM)
Please get in touch for further details.
Calling for Software developers!
Endeavour has a fantastic career opportunity for a Software Developer to join our Multinational Software Manufacturer client, based in Buckinghamshire.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Software Developer with excellent inter-personal skills to join their development team in Milton Keynes, responsible for maintaining their Cloud and Communications Platform-as-a-Service.
Your role as a Software Developer in the team will cover a variety of tasks including programming, system administration, development of back-end services, designing APIs and SDKs for a variety of platforms and languages and maintenance of a resilient distributed system.
- Proficient in at least one programming language, ideally, Python
- Good degree in software (computer science or related subject)
- A good knowledge of Linux, shell scripts and system administration;
- Working knowledge of IP protocols, networking;
- Bright, motivated, analytical, quick to learn;
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Familiarity with AWS services
- Awareness of security in distributed systems;
- Knowledge of real-time and telecommunications media processing;
- Understanding of distributed systems, redis and multi-threading.
Apply ASAP or get in touch for further details on this exciting opportunity!
Endeavour is looking for an experienced Python software engineer to join our Financial client’s growing technology team, based in London for an exciting career opportunity.
The role will follow a hybrid model with proportion of the working week remotely.
The successful Python Developer will be someone who enjoys innovating, problem solving and wants to be at the forefront of transformation. As our client continues to grow organically and through acquisition, the firm is in the process of redefining its technology strategy which requires proprietary applications that can grow at scale.
The current technology landscape is a mixture of off-the-shelf applications and bespoke in-house developments. The integration of these platforms will be paramount before further developing client facing technology.
The selected Python software engineer will report to Chief Technology Officer and be responsible for the following key areas:
• Delivering Python-based application with a web frontend (Django preferable)
• Integration of existing enterprise grade applications
• Delivering bespoke web development to a large client base
• To assist in architecting the future state of software development
• 3 + years commercial experience as a senior developer
• A BSC in Computer Science or an equivalent analytical/numerate subject
• Have commercial hands-on coding experience
• Experience of leveraging REST APIs to undertake application integration
• Experience of unit and end-to-end testing of Python
• Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
• Experience with software version control, specifically Git/GitHub (checking in/out, committing,
branching and tagging)
• Be well versed with Test Driven Development and Paired Programming
• Be passionate about collaboration and influencing peers and junior engineers
• Have excellent communication skills and be comfortable communicating complex ideas to
people at all levels across our business
Send us your CV or get in touch for more details on this fantastic opportunity!
Contract opportunity for a Desktop Support profile to start ASAP.
You will be joining a growing financial sector business IT team.
This will be a hybrid remote role.
For the right Desktop Support candidate, there will be the opportunity to become a permanent member of our client’s IT team.
As a Desktop Support representative, you will be responsible for providing IT application
and infrastructure support, as well as developing business solutions that help bring about
operational efficiencies and improvements to our client’s technology capabilities. You will report
to the Head of IT within a team of four other members. Day-to-day the role will largely involve
working with internal users as well as working closely with our third-party IT suppliers.
The successful Desktop Support profile will be:
- Customer focused – able to put themselves into the end users’ shoes to understand their
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships.
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude – able to use initiative to bring about positive change,
especially in ambiguous situations.
- Well organised and able to manage a competing work volume.
- Logically thinking – able to plan out the sequence of steps to understand and resolve a
- Driven to progress in their career and takes responsibility for their development.
- Is not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo.
- Willing to travel between offices when required (Solent, Bournemouth, and London) on
- ccasions (20% travel)
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working with the end users of technology
- A strong demonstrable desire to build a career in IT
- At least a 2:1 university degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics
- (STEM) subject that contained modules with programming exposure.
- Experience of working in a financial services operational department (ideally within a
- wealth management context)
- Evidence of improving a process using technology solutions
- Evidence of providing customer support, either in a technical or non-technical capacity
- Knowledge and experience of using the Microsoft Azure, PowerApps, and Power Automate
- Technical background with evidence of programming experience in an object orientated or
- Advanced Excel skills
Infrastructure & Systems Specialist
Endeavour has an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Specialist to join a consultancy firm, based in London, providing a comprehensive array of professional services to fintech companies, online businesses and payment solution providers.
The role offers remote flexibility with presence onsite required when needed.
The successful Infrastructure Specialist will be joining our client’s IT team and be responsible for ensuring that our client’s server and hosted application needs are met and that the health of their global infrastructure is monitored and maintained. You will configure and manage dozens of platforms powering websites, mailboxes, databases, and in-house software. In addition, it’ll be your job to drive improvements, which will include the implementation of automation whether it relates to boosting the effectiveness of processes or the efficiency of internal teams.
The selected Infrastructure Specialist will have the following demonstrable skills/experience required:
- Five or more years of experience in system administration or related IT role.
- Experience administering a wide variety of *nix platforms.
- Proven experience configuring and managing systems running Debian and CentOS (or derivatives), and software such as OpenSSH, Nginx, Apache, MySQL, Postfix, and Dovecot.
- Experience with tools and products like Chef/Ansible and Vagrant/Docker.
- Automate everything mindset with a ridiculous amount of experience in automating tasks through scripting.
- Knowledge of one or more languages such as Python, Go, Perl, Java, Bash, and PHP.
- Strong familiarity with supporting high-volume eCommerce websites.
- Understanding of hardware, information security, networking concepts, and enterprise applications.
- Basic abilities in network administration: experience working with Cisco/F5 products and a solid understanding of network protocols.
- Ability to quickly analyse complex issues, come up with innovative solutions, and determine possible causes. A high aptitude for problem solving is required.
- Ability to balance conflicting concerns such as security, maintainability, and usability.
- Experience supporting remotely located end users and systems, and an understanding of the impact of technology on the business.
- Ability to work to a very high standard and tight deadlines with colleagues from across the globe.
- Autonomous, detail-oriented, highly organized, and quick to adapt to changes.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willingness and ability to learn and master new tools and latest trends.
- Ability to work outside of typical business hours on occasion.
- Certifications (e.g. CompTIA Linux+, LPIC-*, RHCSA, ITIL® etc.) a huge asset.
If this sounds like you, send your CV or get in touch for further details!
Full stack developer required!
A client focused on Defence and Security industry is looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to work on their edge orchestration, sensor and systems management platforms within their development team.
This is a remote position!
The selected Fullstack developer will be part of a cross-functional team that's responsible for the design of new products where they will be involved in all aspects of the lifecycle, from conception to deployment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with engineering teams and product managers to ideate software solutions and engaging visual designs
- Design innovative client-side and server-side architecture
- Lead weekly sprint meetings
- Help mentor junior staff
- Design, build and maintain efficient, useable, and reliable front-end applications
- Develop product features with minimal supervision.
- Turn prototypes into production-ready code
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Help maintain code quality, organisation and automation
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Work with Engineering and Capability Delivery to improve software
- Proven experience as a Senior Full Stack Developer
- Ability to lead a small team
- 8+ years of development experience
- Experience of being part of an agile development team
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Knowledge of source control including Git
- Familiarity with tools such as AdobeXD, Photoshop, Illustrator and others
- Strong sense of web design and an understanding of the UX best Practices, cross-platform compatibility, responsive design principles
Apply and send your CV or get in touch ASAP for further details on this exciting new opportunity!
A Software Test Engineer is required to join the software QA test team of our Buckinghamshire based client, a manufacturer of software for the telecommunications and speech processing market.
This is a fantastic career opportunity to work and be part of our client’s QA team, responsible for ensuring that all products and services offered are fit for purpose.
The selected Software Test Engineer in this team will have the following responsibilities:
• Software development of tools and scripts for use by the QA team
• Creating tests and writing test plans.
• Executing test plans.
• Raising issues with the development teams and then working with those teams to help resolve the issues found.
• Creating test systems that will fully exercise the products on test and that will give us “real use” coverage.
• Bright, motivated, analytical, quick to learn
• Good communication and team working skills
• Programming experience in one or more of the following languages
• A good knowledge of TCP/IP networks and how to configure their setup
• Experience working with Linux and Windows servers at an administration level
If this sounds like you, send us your CV or get in touch ASAP for more info!
Are you a European citizen looking for an exciting, long term contract opportunity in Luxemburg?
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Business Intelligence Architect to join the internal IT hosting services provider of a large European Institution.
The role is part of a team of 40 technical architects and 5 service architects under the responsibility of the Lead Architect; this team designs services for Database, Middleware, BI, web servers, that are consumed by application owners in various policy domains.
- Handle the design of hosting services and their update (new versions and functionalities) based on business intelligence products. This includes technical architecture and design of the service delivery pipeline, including inventory, monitoring, etc.
- Advise on design and other improvements to services
- Ensure that service documentation is kept up to date
- Qualify new version and patches through functional testing, performance testing, and security assessments
- Work to improve operational efficiency by providing automation and clear procedures to operational colleagues
- Essential Technical skills
- Installation and administration of Qlik Sense
- Automation and monitoring of IT services
- Report development in SAP BO or Qlik Sense
- Python, Perl or Shell scripting
- Desirable Technical skills
- Installation and administration of SAP BO and SAP DS
- SAS administration
- SAP HANA administration
- Web services development
- Working experience in a medium to large IT environment
- At least 5 years of experience in IT architecture in any domain
- Ablity to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment
- Service-oriented mind-set
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally in a clear and concise manner
- Initiative, accuracy and attention to detail
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential. Any other European language is a plus
- Improvements to Qlik services including Nprinting, Geoanalytics
- Automation of the Qlik Sense hosting service
- Possibly, introduction of new services based on R or HANA
Please get in touch for further details.