Our client, a prestigious company and brand, requires a Content Analyst to join their Digital Development team.
We are currently seeking a Content Analyst to work on our client’s digital publishing products which are mainly produced in XML.
The successful Content Analyst will be required to undertake quality assurance (QA), testing and management of the platform’s XML content.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience or training in the digital publishing sector (digital production or production) and an interest in the development of digital technologies for the publishing industry.
Skills and experience
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic person with the following attributes:
- Knowledge of XML as applied in a publishing, academic or online environment
- A basic knowledge of HTML would also prove good background experience
- Experience of working with and navigating highly structured documents using XPath
- Excellent written English and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely for a range of audiences
- Experience of or familiarity with XML querying or transformation (xQuery or XSLT)
- Experience of using digital editing software, e.g. oXygen, XML Spy or similar
- Experience of working with a database or CMS
- Familiarity with XML content models (e.g. DocBook or TEI) and validation
- Experience of working in a publishing environment, ideally in academic social sciences or humanities
- An interest in the development of digital technologies for the publishing industry.
- Experience of scripting or coding an advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of our client’s growing digital team.
Calling for experienced Full Stack developers!
Our client is looking for skilled and highly motivated Full Stack Developers to join their growing team and assist in managing their in-house SAAS platform. The platform provides live chat services to the automotive and real estate industries, with plans to expand into other sectors.
The selected Full Stack developer will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and optimising the SAAS solution provided to our client’s customers.
You will be part of a small, friendly, and agile team, who welcome new ideas and suggestions for improvements to the platform. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact and implement new technologies to enhance our client’s product.
They use a range of microservices utilising various technologies. While candidates are not expected to possess expertise in all areas, knowledge and experience with multiple technologies is preferred.
- PHP8 (Laravel Framework + Livewire)
- Experience with Web Sockets (Socket.io)
- Docker/ Virtualisation
- HTML/CSS (Tailwind)
Nice to Have:
- Experience with reporting on large datasets
- Experience with high traffic solutions
- AWS / Server Administration (Especially ECS)
- Experience with Live Chat solutions
Send us your CV or get in touch ASAP for more info!
React Front End Developer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Front End Developer with solid React to join our financial client based just outside of Southampton and Portsmouth.
The role is currently remote and once things return to normal it will be a combination of remote and onsite work.
The successful candidate will be someone who enjoys innovating, problem solving and wants to be at the forefront of transformation. As our client continues to grow organically and through acquisition, the firm is in the process of redefining its technology strategy which requires proprietary applications that can grow at scale.
The current technology landscape is a mixture of off-the-shelf applications and bespoke in-house developments. The integration of these platforms will be paramount before further developing client facing technology.
The role will report to Chief Technology Officer and the role involves:
Front End Development
Delivering bespoke web development to a large client base
To assist in architecting the future state of software development
Python-based application with a web frontend (Flask, Django preferable)
Integration of existing enterprise grade applications
Solid commercial experience
A BSC in Computer Science or an equivalent analytical/numerate subject
Be an ambitious tech advocate who is keen to take advantage of abundant opportunities for personal achievement and to accelerate their career within a leading wealth management form
Have commercial hands-on coding experience
Be well versed with Test Driven Development and Paired Programming
Be passionate about collaboration and influencing peers and junior engineers
Have excellent communication skills and be comfortable communicating complex ideas to people at all levels across our business
For further details, please don't hesitate to apply
React Front End Developer
The role: We are looking for a REACT Front End Developer to join our team in the Sheffield office on a permanent basis; ideally with experience of working in the ecommerce industry.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for adding new and exciting front end functionality to our current client base, creating new solutions and implementing large scale ecommerce websites.
The successful candidate will be required to take the lead on front end tasks and be responsible for the delivery of their front end solutions to a wide range of clients. You will be required to work closely with our clients and our internal delivery teams to ensure our solutions meet the business requirements and are delivered to our clients principles, standards and best practices
• Build and develop REACT websites/web apps, keeping to project specifications and deadlines
• Develop, test, deploy and maintain valid HTML and CSS mark-up.
• Learn other relevant languages and/or frameworks where required.
• Work collaboratively with other developers to share knowledge and solutions.
• Use, maintain and create in-house documentation to integrate a wide variety of features and functionality
• Providing estimates for the implementation of front end projects.
• Identifying impacts of a given task and challenging business requirements or suggesting alternate solutions where necessary.
• Keeping up to date with technology changes (e.g. trends, software updates, platform updated, 3rd party solutions) and reviewing these for recommendation into new projects or existing clients.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Experience developing medium/large scale react applications
Experience developing medium/large scale react applications
Experience with hybrid react apps (SSR & client-side rendering)
Strong understanding of web fundamentals, including HTML and CSS, browser support and accessibility
Experience with pre-processor CSS languages (sass/less)
Are knowledgeable about modern build and versioning tools, including git, npm/gulp
Strong understanding of mobile-first, responsive and adaptive design
ADDITIONAL/ DESIRABLE SKILLS
• Previous experience of working in an Agile environment.
• Experience developing IBM WebSphere Commerce sites.
• Experience developing Progressive Web Apps.
• Strong communication and time management skills
• Well organised team player
• Desire and drive to progress through the organisation
• Confident telephone, workshop and client meeting manner
• Display a positive attitude
Contract opportunity for a Desktop Support profile to start ASAP.
You will be joining a growing financial sector business IT team.
This will be a hybrid remote role.
For the right Desktop Support candidate, there will be the opportunity to become a permanent member of our client’s IT team.
As a Desktop Support representative, you will be responsible for providing IT application
and infrastructure support, as well as developing business solutions that help bring about
operational efficiencies and improvements to our client’s technology capabilities. You will report
to the Head of IT within a team of four other members. Day-to-day the role will largely involve
working with internal users as well as working closely with our third-party IT suppliers.
The successful Desktop Support profile will be:
- Customer focused – able to put themselves into the end users’ shoes to understand their
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships.
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude – able to use initiative to bring about positive change,
especially in ambiguous situations.
- Well organised and able to manage a competing work volume.
- Logically thinking – able to plan out the sequence of steps to understand and resolve a
- Driven to progress in their career and takes responsibility for their development.
- Is not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo.
- Willing to travel between offices when required (Solent, Bournemouth, and London) on
- ccasions (20% travel)
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working with the end users of technology
- A strong demonstrable desire to build a career in IT
- At least a 2:1 university degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics
- (STEM) subject that contained modules with programming exposure.
- Experience of working in a financial services operational department (ideally within a
- wealth management context)
- Evidence of improving a process using technology solutions
- Evidence of providing customer support, either in a technical or non-technical capacity
- Knowledge and experience of using the Microsoft Azure, PowerApps, and Power Automate
- Technical background with evidence of programming experience in an object orientated or
- Advanced Excel skills
Are you looking for a new full-time opportunity in the Southampton area?
Do you have at least 1-2 years’ experience as a software developer?
An IT Consultancy client is looking for a Software developer to join their small but growing team serving clients across a number of sectors.
The selected Software developer will be taking on responsibility for back-end development across several related client systems, including real time data exchange with third parties.
Our client is looking for a developer experienced in C#, .Net and SQL.
You will have the possibility to progress to design and leadership roles across these projects.
This position will offer flexible working options and support for professional development and training.
C#, .NET, SQL Server
Salary range: £30-40k
Please send your CV or get in touch for further details ASAP on this excellent career opportunity!
Full stack developer required!
A client focused on Defence and Security industry is looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to work on their edge orchestration, sensor and systems management platforms within their development team.
This is a remote position!
The selected Fullstack developer will be part of a cross-functional team that's responsible for the design of new products where they will be involved in all aspects of the lifecycle, from conception to deployment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with engineering teams and product managers to ideate software solutions and engaging visual designs
- Design innovative client-side and server-side architecture
- Lead weekly sprint meetings
- Help mentor junior staff
- Design, build and maintain efficient, useable, and reliable front-end applications
- Develop product features with minimal supervision.
- Turn prototypes into production-ready code
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Help maintain code quality, organisation and automation
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Work with Engineering and Capability Delivery to improve software
- Proven experience as a Senior Full Stack Developer
- Ability to lead a small team
- 8+ years of development experience
- Experience of being part of an agile development team
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Knowledge of source control including Git
- Familiarity with tools such as AdobeXD, Photoshop, Illustrator and others
- Strong sense of web design and an understanding of the UX best Practices, cross-platform compatibility, responsive design principles
Apply and send your CV or get in touch ASAP for further details on this exciting new opportunity!
Front End Developer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Front End Developer to join our client, a leading digital agency / ecommerce company based in Sheffield. This is a permanent role and is remote, but ideally they want people who are local to them and can come into the office when needed.
The successful candidate will be required to work on and deliver front end solutions to a wide range of clients. Will be required to work closely with clients and internal delivery teams to ensure solutions meet the business requirements and are delivered to principles, standards and best practices.
Build and develop React websites/web apps, keeping to project specifications and deadlines.
Develop, test, deploy and maintain valid HTML and CSS mark-up.
Learn other relevant languages and/or frameworks where required.
Work collaboratively with other developers to share knowledge and solutions.
Use, maintain and create in-house documentation to integrate a wide variety of features and functionality.
Providing estimates for the implementation of front end projects.
Identifying impacts of a given task and challenging business requirements or suggesting alternate solutions where necessary.
Keeping up to date with technology changes (e.g. trends, software updates, platform updated, 3rd party solutions) and reviewing these for recommendation into new projects or existing clients.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Experience developing medium/large scale react applications.
Experience with hybrid react apps (SSR & client-side rendering).
Strong understanding of web fundamentals, including HTML and CSS, browser support and accessibility.
Experience with pre-processor CSS languages (sass/less).
Are knowledgeable about modern build and versioning tools, including git, npm/gulp.
Able to communicate well and are able to simplify technical concepts to stakeholders.
Strong understanding of mobile-first, responsive and adaptive design
Ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude.
ADDITIONAL/ DESIRABLE SKILLS
Previous experience of working in an Agile environment.
Experience developing IBM WebSphere Commerce sites.
Experience developing Progressive Web Apps.
For further details regarding the role and this client, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Excellent long term, off shore contract opportunity for a Lead Developer.
Lead Developer requirements
- Solid development experience using PHP, Mysql as well as experience with Opensource platforms including Wordpress and Magento
- Revises, updates, refactors, and debugs code
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics
- Experience in any charting libraries, NOSQL databases, CMS (WordPress, Magento)
- Experience in Web services (preferably AWS)
- E-commerce (Magento) or large site architecture experience a plus
- Payment gateway setup and integration experience a plus
Lead Developer responsibilities
- 8-10 years’ work experience
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Ability to communicate with UK/US customer with strong verbal and written comms
- Will be expected to attend technical meetings with client to provide solutions to issues and new ideas
- Excellent attention to detail and time-management skills
- Serves as an expert on developed applications and provides technical support to other members of the team, providing training, guidance and mentoring where needed
- Assisting in the planning, estimating and refinement of project requirements
- Collaborates with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Knowledge of Agile frameworks (i.e. Scrum) and has worked with Jira
Please get in touch for further details on this excellent contract opportunity.
Front End Developer / Vue or React
We have an exciting opportunity for a Front End Developer to join our client, a market leader in the booking industry.
This is a key position within the business that will help steer and shape of our clients future. As such, you will be the kind of person who enjoys driving technology forward with each release. You will actively contribute to the Technical Architecture and Roadmap. In addition to maintaining and enhancing existing applications, there will be plenty of opportunity for working on greenfield projects.
- Work with Back-end Developers to design and develop web-sites, partner white labels, web services and APIs.
- Deliver high-quality, high conversion rate solutions that provide an intuitive workflow for internal users and external customers.
- Collaborate on application architecture, design and UX to develop solutions that are usable, accessible and make a strong visual impact.
- Ensure code is secure and efficient and that it will meet capacity demands.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of Technical Architecture.
- Use automation to improve efficiency and reliability of releases.
- Follow Development best practices to design, plan, develop and ship good code.
- Represent the development team with internal and external customers.
- Speak up and contribute ideas to progress and increase the success of the business.
- Take responsibility for delivering projects in a timely manner.
- Enjoy communicating plans and progress clearly via Teams, Jira, Email etc.
- Restful Api
- Practical understanding of UI/UX design concepts
- Produced your own and worked with agency wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Methodical approach to Cross-browser/multi-device coding
- Strong knowledge of web page performance optimisation
- Experience using Git as a version control system in a team context
- Experience working on multilingual applications
- Understanding of front end automation and testing frameworks
- The ability to contribute high quality code and contribute to peer reviews offering constructive feedback on code style, naming and design.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
- Great problem solving and organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience writing clear specifications from gathered requirements and breaking down projects into simple tasks that can be delegated to keep all business priorities moving forwards
- Experience working with and helping improve PHP APIs developed by Backend team would be desirable, but not essential
- Full Stack Development experience would also be desirable
Please get in touch for further detail on this excellent career opportunity.