Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent permanent opportunity for a PHP Developer with 7 years solid PHP and AWS experience to join the team and to help steer projects in the right direction ensuring success of the company's product and future revenue for the company.
Our client is looking for an experienced PHP developer who has experience with applications running in AWS. Someone that prides themselves in delivering well designed and crafted solutions. You will be the kind of person who loves a challenge and constantly asks if there is a better way to solve a problem. You will advocate adoption of well tested, high quality solutions that adheres to coding standards.
This is a key position within the business that will help steer and shape the future of the company. As such, you will be the kind of person who enjoys refactoring older algorithms in order to drive technology forward with each release.
This is a fully remote role, however travel to Manchester for strategy and team days required quarterly.
Design and deliver scalable, flexible, and secure high-performance applications.
Help identify new opportunities and improvements, playing an active role around input into design and functionality decisions.
Develop and maintain the current system applications and webservices/APIs.
Help solve issues with the external partners and internal systems.
Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and development team to deliver and improve the technology products.
Contribute to continuous improvement of our technical architecture and applications.
Use testing automation and unit tests to improve efficiency and reliability of releases.
Follow Development best practices to design, plan, develop and ship quality and taking responsibility for delivering your work in a timely manner.
Knowledge and experience working with modern object-oriented PHP using MVC frameworks such as Symfony or Laravel.
Experience in production applications on Cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS).
Database design skills (MySQL).
Knowledge of web performance and high volume transactional sites and caching.
Knowledge of payment gateways and data security.
Experience using bitbucket or Git as a version control.
Familiarity with Front End technologies like HTML5, CSS3, ES6, React.js
Knowledge of some or all tools and methods such as Composer, Redis, Elasticache, Continuous Integration, TDD.
The ability to contribute high quality code and contribute to peer reviews offering constructive feedback on code style, naming and design.
Strong teamwork and communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
Endeavour has an exciting opportunity for a skilled Java Developer with a passion for Data Intelligence to join our London based client on a permanent basis.
Our clients’ products are centred around distribution, tracking, performance, intelligence and monetisation of applications. They combine services into a single platform to allow customers to maximise the advertising spend and improve the quality of advertising inventory.
Our client is Global, operating from US, UK, Hong Kong & Dubai, with all technical operations run from the UK where the London Headquarters are based.
It’s exciting times. The team works in feature streams developing a new SAAS platform with microservice architecture, using Java Spring Boot.
We’re looking for a Lead Java developer that can work independently and has the aptitude to constantly learn to develop solutions and overcome problems within their domain.
As a Java Developer you will be...
- Developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Writing well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Participating in coding reviews and refactoring existing code
- Ensuring designs are in compliance with specifications
- Preparing releases of software components up to live
You will be…
- Passionate about technology, and want to be on the cutting edge.
- A problem solver who uses the right tools to solve real world problems.
- Driven by building solutions that produce engaging products.
- Able to talk about your success and failures that have shaped your career and guide your approach.
- Have a strong view on what success looks like
- Comfortable in an agile/lean environment with a fast and efficient workflow
Your skills and experience…
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience in a senior or lead capacity
- Proven commercial experience in Java development
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2,Hibernate)
- Experience with the Spring Framework
- Experience in developing mico-service web applications using Spring Boot
- API design, management and consumption.
- High volume data gathering, processing and transformation.
- Microservice design, development, deployment and monitoring.
- AWS and GCP cloud environments... Infrastructure, storage, services and tools.
- Bare metal environments... Infrastructure, storage, services and tools
- Experience with test-driven development and continuous integration practices
- Experience with NoSQL database technologies
- Experience in scripting and automation
- Must have extensive industry experience in Adtech and/or Data Intelligence.
- Proven experience working on highly available and highly scalable systems.
- Deep knowledge of designing and delivering SaaS platforms.
- Experience working in product centric and agile environments.
- Excellent communicator.
Our technology landscape includes…
- Java (Spring Boot), PHP, Python, Ruby, R, Vue, Go, Objective-C
- SQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, relational databases,
- TDD and test automation
- CI and CD environments and practices
- Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket), Github
For further details regarding this exciting role, please don’t hesitate to apply
Calling for an experienced Full Stack .NET Developer with AWS working experience to join our software development client’s team for a long-term contract opportunity.
The role offers flexibility to work fully remotely!
The Full Stack developer will report to the Software Project Manager and occasionally to appropriate Development Directors.
The selected Full Stack developer will have the following responsibilities:
- Running .NET Core services in containers
- Extensive commercial development experience in C# and ASP.Net
- Excellent knowledge of MS SQL Server including Strong T-SQL (Stored Procedure) skills
- Comfortable with Test Drive Development using mocking frameworks and libraries e.g., Moq, NUnit, SpecFlow, etc.
- Software development using Agile methodologies
- Using messaging framework like NServiceBus, Masstransit or equivalent advantageous
To be considered for the Full Stack developer, you must have:
- At least 2 years of cloud experience in AWS is essential
- AWS Lambda
- SNS & SQS
- Experience with integrating databases/services on premise with the cloud required
- AWS API Gateway
- AWS Cognito
- CI/CD experience
- ECS/EKS/AWS Fargate
- CloudWatch (or similar monitoring tool/service)
- AWS Glue
Get in touch ASAP for further details about this excellent contract opportunity!
Endeavour has an excellent opportunity for an IT Administrator to join our Multinational Software Manufacturer client, based in Buckinghamshire.
Our client is looking for an IT Administrator who has excellent communication skills, organisational skills and an eye for details.
Your role as an IT Administrator will include:
- ISO 9001/27001/documentation and managing ACR’s (Access Control Requests), test backup/restore, log checks and monitoring, updating IT process/manuals, stock control, auditing software/hardware/networking, and general network management/admin.
- Help to manage the vSphere environment we have and develop and maintain the MS on-prem servers, including Exchange/SQL.
- IT activities such as PC/Laptops builds, WEEE disposal etc.
- Business/Computer studies degree.
- Ideally have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Product knowledge or understanding of:
- Backup Exec
- Cisco/Sonicwall firewall
- vSphere – VM management
- MS Active Directory management
- MS SQL
- Amazon AWS
- MS Azure
- Linux admin
- Datastores; storage backbends and NAS/DAS
- Helpdesk support systems
- SLA and KPI’s (performance metrics)
- Good fundamentals about networking
Preferred Technical background:
- CRM systems (Gold-Vision) & marketing automation
- AWS DDB, S3, etc.
- Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE, Edge, etc.)
- Less important, but useful (SIP, WebRTC, PHP, Wordpress)
- Web servers; IIS Apache and nginX
- Network security/PEN testing
- MS NAV
- ISO quality standards 9001 and 27001
Send us your CV or get in touch ASAP for more information on this not-to-be-missed opportunity!
Endeavour has an immediate start contract opportunity for an AWS API Engineer to join a financial client based in Sweden, initially till January 2023, with extensions thereafter.
This is an onsite role.
As an AWS API Engineer on the Amazon API Gateway team, you need to be passionate about API creation and backend development. In line with the key tenets of AWS, you’ll be focused on scalability, reliability, and security for custom built APIs
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS API gateways
- Very good understanding about securing cloud native applications
- Solid knowledge about Oauth2, Basic authentication, OIDC, JWT concepts
- Good understanding in Proxy, Reverse/Forward Proxy concepts
- Good understanding in Kubernetes & Kafka
- Good knowledge of important security guidelines like sql-injection, xss, csrf etc.
- Excellent knowledge about scalable and highly-available Restful APIs.
- Working knowledge of contemporary approach to monitoring, log aggregation, alerting etc.
- Experience with implementing end-end monitoring and tools for APIs, ELK
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- Experience in following best Coding, Security, Unit testing and Documentation standards and practices
- Experience in Banking/Financial domain is highly desired
Please send us your CV or get in touch for further details ASAP.
Endeavour Recruitment has a not to be missed permanent opportunity for an experience DevOps Engineer.
Excellent career and financial prospects!
Cape Town or Johannesburg based
As the DevOps Engineer you will be working in an agile environment alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of developers and operational staff.
You will take full responsibility for the uptime, performance, security and deployment of the entire web and development environment.
Fast- paced environment where efficiency is a priority and multi-tasking is a requirement.
You will be instrumental in being part of the transition from a traditional hosted environment to a fully cloud hosted environment with containerisation and serverless on the horizon.
This position is demanding yet very rewarding. If you can visualise the future and drive progress to move towards it, this position is made for you!
- Focus will be on delivering solutions in Azure, AWS and GCP while automating deployment, system maintenance, and keeping the platforms monitored and stable.
- Working in collaboration with the operations team.
- Architect and manage Azure infrastructure.
- Manage AWS and GCP infrastructure.
- Manage security.
- Manage CDN services.
- Implement and oversee secure practices in hosting and the SDLC process.
- Manage backup and disaster recovery.
- Manage infrastructure and licencing budgets.
- Automate deployment, monitoring, response, backup, and recovery procedures.
- Modernize legacy infrastructure to take advantage of Azure capability.
- Collaborate with architects to deliver solutions that are both cost efficient and highly scalable.
- Continuous scalability and cost optimisation.
- Documentation of all infrastructure and procedures.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of IIS, nGinx, ElasticSearch, Redis, MySQL, MS SQL.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Be available after hours to attend to critical outages and planned changes.
Skills and competence:
- Proven track record of designing, implementing, and supporting high scale services.
- Ability to match business needs with smart solutions to meet scalability and costing needs.
- Ability to constructively lead others and by so doing raise team performance.
- An excellent communicator both verbally and written.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to absorb pressure in stressful situations.
- Broad cloud knowledge, staying abreast of all tech trends.
- Flexible about working with a wide range of technologies.
Qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in managing and building scalable infrastructure.
- 5+ years’ hands-on DevOps experience
- 3+ years’ experience in working in agile teams.
- Software related degree/diploma
- Preferred certifications: Microsoft Azure Architect Design / Technologies, Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions and Security Technologies
- Hands on experience with the following:
- Architectural and strategic input
- Cost calculations and budgeting for forecasts and planning
- Documentation for both knowledge sharing and auditing needs
- Virtual Networking
- Secure practices
- MS SQL
- Infrastructure as code
- Serverless architecture
Does the above match your experience and expectations? If so, please get in touch asap. We look forward to receiving your cv!
Excellent long term contract opportunity for an Amazon AWS Cloud solutions engineer to help maintain, troubleshoot the infrastructure and provide support to internal cloud-based tools.
You will be part of a talented and multilingual team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security for a Leading European Organisation.
Service4Developers is the entry point of autonomous Cloud sandbox development environment.
PublicCloud will be a highly automated Cloud Hosting solution based on WildFly/PostgreSQL.
Qualified engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
At least 3 year professional experience within large-scale Data Centre environments
At least 6 months of professional experience on cloud environments
Create and maintain AWS stacks.
Monitoring tooling performance and production jobs
Troubleshoot end-user incidents on infrastructure level only
Receiving, logging and managing requests from customers via ticketing
Maintain and amend procedures
Participate in meetings and training related to the position
Liaise with other technical teams for problem resolution
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
AWS Cloud experience, certification is appreciated
Proven working experience with UNIX /Linux based environments
A knowledge in the following domain would be considered as an asset (level 1):
Basic to advanced networking principles (e.g: NACL, routing)
ORACLE Database and SQL knowledge
Scripting skills (e.g., powershell, Python)
ITSM Tools knowledge (SMT, BMC Atrium, Patrol, Proactive Net …)
Experience with a monitoring system
Kubernetes and tools around k8s ecosystem
DevOps, GitOps principles
A knowledge in the following domain would be considered as nice to have
Artefact store knowledge (Nexus)
Monitoring Dynatrace, Pandora
English fluent is mandatory (speaking & writing), French is an asset
First IT Service Desk/IT Support experience
You are able to work in shifts (8 AM – 8 PM)
Please get in touch for further details.
Calling for Software developers!
Endeavour has a fantastic career opportunity for a Software Developer to join our Multinational Software Manufacturer client, based in Buckinghamshire.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Software Developer with excellent inter-personal skills to join their development team in Milton Keynes, responsible for maintaining their Cloud and Communications Platform-as-a-Service.
Your role as a Software Developer in the team will cover a variety of tasks including programming, system administration, development of back-end services, designing APIs and SDKs for a variety of platforms and languages and maintenance of a resilient distributed system.
- Proficient in at least one programming language, ideally, Python
- Good degree in software (computer science or related subject)
- A good knowledge of Linux, shell scripts and system administration;
- Working knowledge of IP protocols, networking;
- Bright, motivated, analytical, quick to learn;
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Familiarity with AWS services
- Awareness of security in distributed systems;
- Knowledge of real-time and telecommunications media processing;
- Understanding of distributed systems, redis and multi-threading.
Apply ASAP or get in touch for further details on this exciting opportunity!
AWS DevOps Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for an AWS DevOps Engineer to join our client, a world leader in with bookings / transfer solutions.
The role is fully remote, occasional visits to the office will be required.
We are looking for someone to take ownership of the AWS Environments. Working alongside the senior management team to develop and grow your role.
You will love working in a fast-paced organisation where technology is central to everything we do. Working alongside passionate and innovative people your key areas of responsibilities will be:
Maintaining current AWS workloads in multiple environments.
Designing, deploying, and maintaining new infrastructure based on application requirements.
Communicating with management, developers third party technology providers.
Reviewing security practices regularly and implementing any required changes.
Driving infrastructure improvements and migrations to new services and technologies.
Planning and leading maintenance schedules and windows.
Support and identify faults both in and out of hours.
Reviewing costs and budgets for infrastructure in all environments.
Skills & Experience
You will have experience working with and maintaining highly available AWS workloads in a productionised environment using many of the following services: EC2 Autoscaling, RDS, DynamoDB, API Gateway, CloudFront, WAF, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, VPC, S3, Route 53, IAM.
We are also looking for the successful candidate to have proficiency in:
Server configuration with Ansible.
Infrastructure provisioning with CloudFormation.
Working with Linux and Windows Server.
Maintaining a CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins
CLI scripting i.e. Bash or Python.
PHP, Python and Node.js
Consul and Vault
Highly Available RabbitMQ
Windows Server, SQL Server & Active Directory
Redshift and Grafana
Working with monolithic applications
Future direction to breakdown services & micro services, containerisation etc etc.
Serverless stacks and event driven architecture
For further information regarding this exciting opportunity, please don’t hesitate to apply.
0044 (0) 2380 456 517
For all of our latest vacancies, please visit: http://www.endeavourrecruitment.com/candidates
This electronic message contains information from Endeavour Recruitment, which may be privileged and confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or the entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email to the contact details above.
Registered Proprietor: Endeavour Recruitment Solutions Limited, Registered in England No. 08345034.
Endeavour Recruitment has an opportunity for a Devops Engineer to join our client’s fast-growing Information Technology and Services company, specializing in the SMME market.
This is a Perm role, and we are open to all candidates who are willing to relocate to Cape Town, South Africa, as this work placement is onsite.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Devops Engineer who has experience with Azure, Linux, Jenkins, Ansible, Kubernetes and AWS. You will be working with and managing/mentoring a strong team, leading the team to produce the best possible outcome for the company.
The devops engineer will provide our client with devops support and services as seen fit by the company involved.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assist with setting up IT and development environments for the developers on new and existing projects through an agile approach incorporating scrum techniques.
• Assist with making recommendations and executing improvements/optimization of the development environments.
• The above will be done in all phases of the projects be they development, staging or live environments.
• Going forward assist with ongoing services to clients in a devops as a service capacity.
• Maintain relevant live environments to ensure applications run optimally.
• Troubleshoot application issues and devise an approach to fixing them.
• Make use of relevant in-house applications of customers to facilitate the work placement.
• Constant communication with all relevant parties on projects, maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
You will be working with technologies like Azure, Linux based, Jenkins, CI/CD, Ansible,Kubernetes, AWS etc.
Our requires two profiles, one Azure heavy and one AWS heavy.
Please send your CV or get in touch for further details as soon as possible for this career building opportunity.