Calling for a Senior Solution Architect and Lead developer to join a world leader headquartered in Switzerland for a contract opportunity from February till end of 2023, with possible renewal.
This role will be onsite, working in Geneva.
As a Senior Solution Architect and Lead Developer, you will be responsible for the
solution architecture, development leadership, and expert support for multiple
applications from the Division portfolio.
Your role as Solution Architect and Lead Developer will include the following deliverable tasks:
- Architect, design, develop or oversee the development of a wide range of various business software systems managed by Division.
- Gather, interpret and analyze business requirements related to the applications
managed by the Division.
- Engage with various technical and business stakeholders, as needed, to ensure that the
systems are correctly architected, implemented and can be easily maintained and
supported in the future.
- When needed, lead the development process in an iterative/agile way, with a working
build produced early on and subsequent working builds available in acceptance at the
end of each sprint for feedback from the business team.
- Efficiently collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Assist the Division team in improving its software development practices.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and methodologies, anticipate and analyze
technological trends and assess their impact on delivering and supporting complex
software applications. Put forward recommendations and contribute to the Section’s
integration activities and projects.
- Ensure alignment with client’s technical standards and procedures.
- Deliver complete technical and user documentation.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Follow the client development practices, including activity tracking with JIRA, CICD pipeline
usage and alignment with Cloud Unit practices.
Required skills and experience:
- At least 10 years eperience
- Proven and extensive experience in solution and system architecture, including at least five years of experience deploying major IT systems based on the proposed architectures.
- Extensive hands-on experience in software development.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and written English.
- Agile practices.
Hands-on experience in at least 5 of the following technical areas (in order of priority):
- Java, Spring Boot, JEE, JPA, EJB, JSF
- NodeJS, NestJS
- Core AWS services, Cloud Formation, monitoring and alerts in the cloud
- Data modelling, processing, ETL and migration
- BI, AI, NLP
- SSO, SAML, Open ID Connect
- Elastic Search
- CMS, ERP, CR
Please get in touch for further details on this excellent contract opportunity.
C++ Java Software Engineer
Our military client is seeking a C++, Java Software Engineer to join its existing Team. As the Work is working with the Ministry Of Dfence you will need to be a UK national and be able to be Security Cleared. You will also need to work onsite in either the Weymouth site or the South London site near Ascot.
The work will range from
software development, system engineering, technical governance, and mentoring of a
software design team. The work covers both the Maritime and Land domains.
The role may take either a Software Design Lead or Design Authority for projects as
• Software design, development and review (from concept to final product) for a range
of systems from small embedded single processors through to multi-processor
• Work with systems and hardware engineers to develop multi-discipline solutions,
including the definition of software-hardware and software-firmware interfaces.
• Undertake design activities at both the equipment and system levels
• Meeting technical requirements through all phases of design, integration and leading
to customer acceptance
• Technical governance of a portfolio of projects by acting as Design Authority or
independent reviewer as appropriate.
• Undertake the duties of the Software lead where additional support may be required
on projects, bids and product development activities.
• Make decisions on the suitability of engineering design solutions
• Liaise and co-operate with the Project Managers and Design Authorities to resolve
technical, project or resource problems and conflicts.
• Provision of software mentoring across project personnel
• Supporting the research and development of products within the Company, improving
engineering quality, efficiency and cost.
• Participate in project reviews and support presentations at relevant Design Review
• Support to the business development team and preparation of technical proposals
when required and be able to handle sensitive information in the course of your work.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in all aspects of software design and
• Degree level educated in a related engineering discipline
• Proficient in a high level programming language, C++, Java, Linux based and some
awareness of NetBeans.
• Can evaluate, mitigate and manage engineering risks across projects for which you
will be directly/indirectly responsible.
• Chartered member of a professional institution or working towards Chartered status
would be desirable
• Have a high level of both verbal and written communication skills providing regular
communication to internal and external stakeholders, customers and suppliers
• Be able to manage, motivate and develop engineering employees to ensure they fulfil
their roles and meet targets within agreed timelines and standards of quality
• Excellent written and oral communications
• Ability to present complex ideas to all levels of the customer community and both
internal and external Stakeholders
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multi-site team
• Innovative and creative thinking
• Willingness to work as part of a collaborative enterprise with other companies including
short periods of detached duty where necessary
please don’t hesitate to apply
Our leading global client are looking for a GO Developer to join them on a permanent basis. The role will be based at our clients offices in London and there will be flexibility to work remotely.
As a GO developer you will be…
• Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
• Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
• Writing well-designed, testable, efficient code
• Participating in coding reviews and refactoring existing code
• Ensuring designs are in compliance with specifications
• Preparing and conducting releases of software components up to live
• Working with ops team to onboard new supply and demand partners
• Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternative technologies and presenting these for review
Essential skills and experience:
• Industry experience in Adtech working with third party DSP/SSPs, ad servces or exchanges
• Deep understanding of the principles of real time bidding and ad serving
• Experience in GO developing and programming
• Knowledge in Java
• Knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies
• API design, management and consumption
• High volume data gathering, processing and transformation
• Microservice design, development, deployment and transformation
• AWS and GCP cloud environments
• Experience with test-driven development and continuous integration practices
• Experience with oRTB protocol
• Experience working in an agile environment
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact us ASAP.
Endeavour has an exciting opportunity for a skilled Java Developer with a passion for Data Intelligence to join our London based client on a permanent basis.
Our clients’ products are centred around distribution, tracking, performance, intelligence and monetisation of applications. They combine services into a single platform to allow customers to maximise the advertising spend and improve the quality of advertising inventory.
Our client is Global, operating from US, UK, Hong Kong & Dubai, with all technical operations run from the UK where the London Headquarters are based.
It’s exciting times. The team works in feature streams developing a new SAAS platform with microservice architecture, using Java Spring Boot.
We’re looking for a Lead Java developer that can work independently and has the aptitude to constantly learn to develop solutions and overcome problems within their domain.
As a Java Developer you will be...
- Developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Writing well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Participating in coding reviews and refactoring existing code
- Ensuring designs are in compliance with specifications
- Preparing releases of software components up to live
You will be…
- Passionate about technology, and want to be on the cutting edge.
- A problem solver who uses the right tools to solve real world problems.
- Driven by building solutions that produce engaging products.
- Able to talk about your success and failures that have shaped your career and guide your approach.
- Have a strong view on what success looks like
- Comfortable in an agile/lean environment with a fast and efficient workflow
Your skills and experience…
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience in a senior or lead capacity
- Proven commercial experience in Java development
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2,Hibernate)
- Experience with the Spring Framework
- Experience in developing mico-service web applications using Spring Boot
- API design, management and consumption.
- High volume data gathering, processing and transformation.
- Microservice design, development, deployment and monitoring.
- AWS and GCP cloud environments... Infrastructure, storage, services and tools.
- Bare metal environments... Infrastructure, storage, services and tools
- Experience with test-driven development and continuous integration practices
- Experience with NoSQL database technologies
- Experience in scripting and automation
- Must have extensive industry experience in Adtech and/or Data Intelligence.
- Proven experience working on highly available and highly scalable systems.
- Deep knowledge of designing and delivering SaaS platforms.
- Experience working in product centric and agile environments.
- Excellent communicator.
Our technology landscape includes…
- Java (Spring Boot), PHP, Python, Ruby, R, Vue, Go, Objective-C
- SQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, relational databases,
- TDD and test automation
- CI and CD environments and practices
- Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket), Github
For further details regarding this exciting role, please don’t hesitate to apply
Java Developer – Fully Remote
We require a Java, JEE, Spring, JSP Developer with 6 years plus experience for a fully remote role with our client based in India.
The work is working on international projects for European Clients.
- Contribute to all stages of software development lifecycle
- Analyze Agile stories and implement changes
- Write well designed, testable code
- Conducting software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging
- Participate in all parts of SDLC; including design, development, documentation, testing and supporting production
- Work with various business owners to understand business needs
- Ability to communicate to business in easy to understand non-technical terms
- Ability to work on many projects in various stages concurrently
- Ability to create visual representation of a technical solution
- Broaden the technical abilities of the development team
- Able to find a balance between doing it right and getting it done
- Success is measured by the team’s success as much as the individual’s abilities
- Java/JEE (version 1.6),
- Cloud Technologies - AWS S3, SQS, Beanstalk and Lambda
- Angular JS knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing projects and organizing quick resolution to production issues
- Experience with scrum development methodology
- Provide strategic and innovative technical guidance to the team
- Interest in learning and applying new technologies and architectures
- Collaborate well with business and other technical leaders
- Willing to contribute in a team environment
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude and enjoy making a difference in the business through your contributions
If this role is of interest, please don’t hesitate to apply
-Vous êtes développeur full stack Java?
-Vous êtes en mesure de travailler sur une mission au Luxembourg (2jours sur site requis)?
Le client recherche un développeur full stack avec un esprit d’équipe pour cette mission dans le cadre d’un développement de projet.
Votre rôle en tant que développeur full stack inclura les responsabilités suivantes :
- Fournir des fonctionnalités livrables dans le cadre des équipes Scrum.
- Suggérer, influencer, développer et mettre en œuvre des solutions innovantes pour améliorer et enrichir la gamme de solutions logicielles.
- Selon votre expérience, accompagner et coacher les développeurs juniors votre domaine d'expertise.
Profil et compétences requises :
- Excellente compréhension du Java et du stack technologique basée sur Java en général
- Un vif intérêt pour les technologies Open Source
- Une expérience pragmatique avec Angular ou Angular JS serait un avantage
- Une certaine connaissance des outils et pratiques de développement de logiciels industrialisés tels que Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Maven, Nexus, JUnit, refactoring, intégration continue et basé sur Docker déploiement pour n'en nommer que quelques-uns
- Bonne expérience de l'écriture et du test de logiciels de qualité à l'aide de concepts orientés objet
- Certaines compétences en conception Web pour compléter vos compétences de base en programmation
- État d'esprit agile (collaboration, grandir ensemble, soutenir les membres plus juniors de l'équipe,
- Humilité intellectuelle et fort désir d'apprendre)
- Capacité éprouvée à respecter les délais
Si ce profil vous correspond, contactez-nous dès que possible pour plus de renseignements.
DevOps Co-Ordinator required for a contract position with a leading technology client based in Cork.
You will act as a Release Co-Ordinator, you will manage the process of planning, scheduling and controlling a software build through different stages and environments; including coordinating with the deployment teams to ensure successful implementation.
Our client is looking for a DevOps Co-Ordinator with excellent organisation and communication skills at all levels.
The successful DevOps Co-Ordinator will be responsible for:
- Preparing release builds in Java and Angular and build new projects before a release.
- Supporting multiple project teams and codebases to enable the deployment of application releases to controlled test and production environments.
- Verifying that releases are deployed correctly and monitor code migration between environments.
- Monitoring JIRA to track and maintain the status of all scheduled releases.
- Creating planned and emergency release builds and implementation plans.
- Providing team with issues and resolution steps taken during Monthly Enterprise release weekends.
- Working with Change Management to ensure Change Tickets (ServiceNow) are correct and have the required paperwork in place.
- Submitting release builds for monthly security scanning (Snyk and Checkmarx).
- Improving the process of building and deploying artefacts to test and production environments (automate builds and scans).
- Adhering to and promoting internal information security policies and procedures.
- Supporting software configuration management policies and procedures.
- Supporting intake of production support MBP JIRAs and incidents
- Working with BAs and development to provide LOEs for monthly release packages
- Working with BAs and development to improve the production support process
- Attending meetings with business to discuss the availability of resources for monthly packages
- Experience working with the following are essential:
- Git and Git branches
- Unix and/or Linux platforms
- Experience working with the following are desired but not essential:
- Experience in SDLC methodologies/software development/release/process and configuration management
- Experience in Java, Python and Angular programming desired but not essential
Send us your CV or get in touch for more info on this great contract opportunity!
Endeavour Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our award winning global defence client on a permanent basis. The role will be hybrid and the candidate will be expected to be on-site in Bristol 3 days a week.
Essential skills & experience:
- Working within teams
- Evidence of self-development
- Worked with a variety of programming languages
- Agile practices such as scrum
- Writing code with test-driven development
- Familiarity with architectural and design patterns
- Windows and/or Linux administration
- Continuous Integration and Testing implementation
What’s on offer:
- Our client develops and support a wide variety of software products ranging from Graphical User Interface to Application level business logic across a broad range of our weapon system products.
- The team works across new and existing software products building overall product knowledge. It involves all aspects of the software development lifecycle with a supportive team.
- Our client uses a broad range of software technologies and tools including C++, Java, C#, DDS, Web Services, Qt, Linux and Windows depending on the needs of the project.
- Opportunities for career progression, great bonus/pension scheme, paid overtime and flexible working!
If you want to join a strong team with an open and supportive approach to software development please apply ASAP to be shortlisted.