Our cyber security client based in Reading are looking for a Development Team Lead to join their organisation.
Our client is very flexible, whether you are already working as a Team Lead, or if you are a developer looking for a step up into a Team Lead/Management position, as long as you have a passion for or interest in cyber security and looking to grow your career, our client will be interested in speaking with you.
Salary up to £60k depending on how much Team Lead experience you have. Excellent benefits package on offer, our client provides plenty of opportunities for both personal and professional growth, and chances to push your development skills further. They provide voluntary bootcamp sessions, free workshops, annual health checks, research opportunities, casual dress code, discount gym membership, and regular off-site events.
For this Software Developer / Development Team Lead role we are looking for someone with the following experience –
- RedHat Linux
- Test Automation
- CI/CD principles
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and work for a company who are passionate about cyber security and growing your skills further please apply asap.
Endeavour has a fantastic contract opportunity for an experienced Test Analyst to join a large European Institution based in Luxembourg.
The successful Analyst will be working alongside a hands-on tester. You will be conducting functional testing of a new software developed in Java.
If you are looking for a long-term opportunity that will make you stand out from the crowd, get in touch ASAP!
All-in rate: EUR 400
Excellent contract opportunity in Amsterdam for an experienced Test Engineer to start a long term project. 6 month + contract with a possibility for extension (36-40 hours a week).
- Application testing using their Fitnesse framework
- Create, execute and validate tests
- Develop new test drivers and validation tools in JAVA
- Collaborate with other engineers and provide insight
- Give input and help with the current test automation strategy
- FitNesse ( desirable)
- Experience with Java programming
- Agile mindset
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for a Java Developer to work for a specialist client in the Software Development sector in Cork, Ireland. The duration of this contract is for 12 months and the all-inclusive daily rate for this role is €340 euros. If you are looking for a new challenge as a java developer; please get in touch!
Role and Responsibilities:
- This will be a technically challenging position, working on a major enterprise application.
- The role will require constant interaction with other developers in the team and project management to develop and maintain a robust, scalable, and performant system.
- A minimum of 3 years commercial experience in back-end and front-end Java EE technologies (Java, JPA, JSP , GWT, Spring Hibernate, Spring Boot).
- N-Tier application design and development
- Spring, Hibernate, JPA, REST
- Excellent knowledge of Java EE
- Web Service Development
- Strong application process flow and problem-solving techniques
- Ability to set and work to fixed deadlines
- Good level of software engineering literacy and communication skills
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Third level IT or related qualification
- Spring MVC
- AngularJS 6+
- Atlassian suite (JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Crucible, Confluence)
- Rules Engines knowledge particularly Drools
If you are a pro-active and eager person wanting to enhance your career and join an international client in the public sector as a Java Developer do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
Endeavour Recruitment has a fantastic new contract opportunity for an experienced Kafka Connect Developer with experience in the banking sector to join a leading client in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
The Kafka Connect Developer must have Java development experience to meet the requirements for the role as an Kafka Connect Developer.
It is desirable that the Kafka Connect Developer is fluent in Dutch but fluency in the English language is essential. The duration of this role is initially 3 months and the all-inclusive daily rate is market related.
Required Skills and Knowledge for the Kafka Connect Developer:
- Configuration of data from mainframe to Hadoop via Infosphere and by Kafka Connect.
- Must be able to work in a cloud environment with AWS/Azure.
- Must have Banking sector experience
- Must be a Kafka developer.
- Create KAFKA topics, define streams, define schema registries to cope with schema evolution.
- It is essential to have Java development experience.
- Must have knowledge of Kafka in combination with Hadoop
- Similar work experience
- Good communication skills (client contact)
- English Speaking is mandatory, Dutch is a preference
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role as a Kafka Connect Developer, then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent contract opportunity for an experienced Data Warehouse Developer with recent experience in the public sector to join a leading client in Maastricht, Netherlands.
The Data Warehouse Developer must have knowledge of ODI to fulfil the requirements for the role as a Data Warehouse Developer.
It is desirable that the Data Warehouse Developer has experience in aviation, but Public Sector experience is essential. The duration of this role is for 24 months and the all-inclusive daily rate is €700 euros.
What is expected of the Data Warehouse Developer? - Role and Responsibilities:
- Data source formats are RDBMS, XLS, CSV, structured or semi-structured text, large and highly nested XML, and Java serialized objects.
For each data source, the assignment must entail:
- Source analysis
- Reverse engineering and maintaining metadata for source systems and all layers of DWH enabling automation of loading patterns
- Modelling of the source data in Data Vault 2.0 standard.
- Automation of Data Vault 2.0 loading patterns using SQL, Groovy, ODI SDK, and ODI KM
- Development of an ODI configuration to automate ingestion of the source data into a staging area.
- Improvements of a framework for automatic generation of ODI transformations of the data from staging area into the Raw Data Vault and further to some areas of Business Vault layer.
- Development of transformations of the data from Raw Data Vault to Business Vault layer, including implementation of Soft Rules.
- Development of transformations of the data to self-service presentation layer (including dimensional models, 3NF relational models and flat wide de-normalized reporting tables/views).
- Development of historical data purging rules.
- Development, execution and reporting of integration and user acceptance tests, including Tableau visualisation
- 5 years of practical professional experience with Oracle VLDB
- 5 years of practical professional experience with ODI.
- 3 years of practical professional experience with ODI automation using ODI SDK.
- Successfully manufactured technical and user-facing documentation of the data modelling design and transformation design
- Years of practical professional experience with Data Vault and, specifically, Data Vault 2.0.
- Years of practical professional experience in modelling and handling spatio-temporal data in a self-service BI context
- Prior knowledge in modelling air traffic, sector and airspace configuration, staff rostering and allocation, flow measures, weather, delay, and/or occurrences.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role as a Data Warehouse Developer, then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to work for a financial client based in Anderlecht, Belgium. The selected DevOps Engineer is expected to have excellent knowledge of French and Dutch and have experience with Java to work with our client as a DevOps Engineer. It is essential that the DevOps Engineer chosen for the role can use middleware operations in CI/CD and is assesses risks and identifies critical service and system dependencies to fulfil their duties as a DevOps Engineer.
The duration of this role is initially until the end of 2019 and the all-inclusive hourly rate is €87.50 euros.
What is expected of the DevOps Engineer? - Role and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the project planning activities
- Designs and develops new/changed services to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Assesses risks and identifies critical service and system dependencies linked to the new/ change service requests
- Designs the release package and establishes the final release configuration, including knowledge, information, hardware, software and infrastructure
- Builds the release and provides support.
- Tests the release prior to independent testing and coordinates the integration and user acceptance test within scope of work/responsibility
- Establishes and reports outstanding known errors and workarounds
- Provides input to support change authorization and ensures all approvals are in place for standard changes
- Supports service deployment activities, either by deploying new modules and upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment or by making modules ready for production, which entails moving them according to specific procedures and documenting knowledge transfer
- Ensures day-to-day follow up of the different production flows for the applications portfolio and puts in place a communication mechanism to inform stakeholders on issues occurred during the night and Ensures all system and operating documentation and knowledge is up to date and properly utilised
What skills are required of you as an DevOps Engineer?
- Knowledge of Dutch AND French is mandatory
- Middleware operations in CI/CD
- Angular JS
- Angular 2
- Jboss, Tomcat, Jmosel, Liferay
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role as a DevOps Engineer, then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
Java Software Engineer wanted! Our client based in Weymouth is seeking a talented Java Software Engineer. A background in UX / UI is essential. A skilled and talented person with a keen interest in software technology and the User journey through UX / UI is the ideal candidate. Extremely competitive salary on offer.
The Java Software Engineer should have UML experience using Enterprise Architect. Our client operates in areas where they support systems and equipment, both in the UK and International. This job will be in the area of underwater warfare.
- UX / UI
- Requirement Analysis
- Knowledge of Agile, Waterfall and V
- NetBeans, Eclipse, Java Swing, Java FX
- VMware, RedHat, Linux, Ansible
- Software Test Planning
- Configuration and Build
- SVN, Jenkins, Hudson
- Sonar or Signal Processing
- RTI DDS
- Degree in Computer Science or related subject
- Previous experience working as a Java Software Engineer
- Must be eligible for Security clearance
If you have the talent and skill to be a Java Software Engineer plus experience with UX / UI then please apply now with an up to date version of your CV.
Endeavour Recruitment are looking for a Java Developer to join our Digital Transformation client’s team, based in Sheffield on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a renowned company, with good prospects of career progression.
The successful candidate will be assisting in the solution design, implementation and technical delivery of complex solutions to a wide range of clients, as well as mentoring Junior Developers
- Working closely with clients and the internal delivery team to ensure solutions meet business requirements and are delivered to client’s principles, standards and best practises
- Assisting in the production of solution design documents covering baseline and target architectures for applications, integrations, data and technology
- Participating in all aspects of technical design, design workshops, suggesting recommendations and reasons for key design decisions
- Estimating the implementation effort of large-scale and complex eCommerce solutions and assisting in the delivery, migration and go-live planning
- Contributing to the technical delivery, ensuring and demonstrating the quality of the deliverable, from code quality through to performance, scalability and security of the solution
- Keeping up to date with technology changed (e.g. trends, software updates, platform updates, 3rd party solutions) and reviewing these for recommendation into new projects or existing clients
Skills & Experience
- Experience with Java and J2EE development
- Develop performant and secure code (incl. SQL) for high-traffic production use, following pre-defied principles and guidelines
- Good Front-End Development skills in HTML, CSS and JS framework
- Desirable to have experience of eCommerce development
- Previous experience of working in both Agile and Waterfall environments
If this role sounds of interest to you, please get in touch with your CV