An international organisation is looking for a Monitoring Expert to join their team. This is the perfect opportunity for somebody who enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment and is looking to take the next step in their career. This is a 1 year contract role and the all-inclusive daily rate for this role is €445.
You will be expected:
- Implement monitoring requests required by the Service Level Manager and the Developer’s Team
- Provide support to Incident Management to diagnose and fix issues in the production environment
- Design, build, configure and test monitoring probes for a wide range of systems and applications.
- Carry out research to define systems according to needs
- Pinpoint malfunction causes and suggest remedial action and alternative solutions
- Act as an acknowledged go-between for experts from other areas
- Investigate alerts
- Add probing to new Linux nodes
- Maintain monitoring CMDB
- Monitor technologies
- Put forward solutions to improve systems performance
- Establish rules for the proper management of systems
- Define systems from a functional and technical standpoint
- Check that standards are implemented
Technical Skills Required:
- University degree with at least 5 years’ experience
- Experience in writing secure and resilient code in Perl and Java
- Experience in using Monitoring tools: CA-Nimsoft is desirable and knowledge of AXWAY/Systar product is required
- Event management based on the interface between the monitoring tool and the ITSM tool
- Event correlation rules design and optimisation experience
- Experience in a vast range of enterprise technologies such as databases, Unix, Linux, Windows, Cloud-based applications, storage and virtualisation technologies, switches and firewalls
- Good knowledge of MS/SQL
- Basic knowledge of ITIL V3 is desirable.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation
- Consistently meeting deadlines with high quality documentation
- Coordination of multiple procedures simultaneously
- Working with and communicating to, stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
If you wish to be considered or you want to know more about the role then please contact us as soon as possible. These opportunities do not present themselves often.