Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent permanent opportunity for a PHP Developer with 7 years solid PHP and AWS experience to join the team and to help steer projects in the right direction ensuring success of the company's product and future revenue for the company.
Our client is looking for an experienced PHP developer who has experience with applications running in AWS. Someone that prides themselves in delivering well designed and crafted solutions. You will be the kind of person who loves a challenge and constantly asks if there is a better way to solve a problem. You will advocate adoption of well tested, high quality solutions that adheres to coding standards.
This is a key position within the business that will help steer and shape the future of the company. As such, you will be the kind of person who enjoys refactoring older algorithms in order to drive technology forward with each release.
This is a fully remote role, however travel to Manchester for strategy and team days required quarterly.
Design and deliver scalable, flexible, and secure high-performance applications.
Help identify new opportunities and improvements, playing an active role around input into design and functionality decisions.
Develop and maintain the current system applications and webservices/APIs.
Help solve issues with the external partners and internal systems.
Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and development team to deliver and improve the technology products.
Contribute to continuous improvement of our technical architecture and applications.
Use testing automation and unit tests to improve efficiency and reliability of releases.
Follow Development best practices to design, plan, develop and ship quality and taking responsibility for delivering your work in a timely manner.
Knowledge and experience working with modern object-oriented PHP using MVC frameworks such as Symfony or Laravel.
Experience in production applications on Cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS).
Database design skills (MySQL).
Knowledge of web performance and high volume transactional sites and caching.
Knowledge of payment gateways and data security.
Experience using bitbucket or Git as a version control.
Familiarity with Front End technologies like HTML5, CSS3, ES6, React.js
Knowledge of some or all tools and methods such as Composer, Redis, Elasticache, Continuous Integration, TDD.
The ability to contribute high quality code and contribute to peer reviews offering constructive feedback on code style, naming and design.
Strong teamwork and communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
PHP Developer / Software Architect
Our client based in Brighton is a rapidly expanding global organization that delivers to millions of customers every year – providing them with solutions globally.
We are looking for PHP Developer / Architect to join the expanding team, help deliver the roadmap of highly scalable services, and have the opportunity to play an integral part in the company’s wider investment strategy.
You will work with the Technical Team under a Senior Architect, giving you the opportunity to grow in your Architecture experience and to work on application design, technical architecture, and delivery.
You will be working on APIs (developing our own and implementing partners’) as well as several established and planned front-end systems (both consumer and business focused).
We work mostly in PHP but are interested in using the right tool for the right job. Our wider tech stack includes: Ubuntu Linux, MS SQL Server, Elasticsearch, Redis, and RabbitMQ. We make use of a large number of AWS services (EC2 Auto-Scaling, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, API Gateway, to name a few), use Git + GitHub for source control and our future roadmap includes Docker and Kubernetes.
- Help design and evolve our technical architecture to best support current and predicted business needs.
- Design solutions which are reliable, scalable, and secure, balancing flexibility against complexity.
- Manage architectural risk across their architecture domain.
- Have initiative and drive to research and promote new technologies, stay current with new technologies, and apply these to help meet business needs.
- Help identify new opportunities and improvements to our existing code base, playing an active role in design and functionality decisions.
- Plan and implement code and infrastructure projects, providing great technical insight and documentation.
- Continuously evaluate development processes to ensure delivery of set goals.
- Anticipate, predict, and resolve problems before schedules are impacted.
- [RT1] Solve problems independently and as part of a team.
- Understand the importance of Quality Assurance and champion it during the development cycle.
Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
- Have experience of software development and database architecture.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in several of the technologies we use.
- See the big picture when working with complex applications and data models.
- Understand data flows involving multiple applications and microservices.
- Have a DevOps mindset, with an understanding of Cloud Computing concepts and Infrastructure as Code.
- Be motivated to learn new technologies and best practices, and champion their use.
- Enjoy and have experience building and integrating APIs.
- Have a strong background or interest in delivering successful products or systems.
- Write high quality, SOLID code whilst thinking about security, performance, resilience, scalability, and re-use when developing.
- Are comfortable writing automated tests for your code (PHPUnit / Behat / PHPSpec / etc).
- Be comfortable on the Linux command-line and hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Anticipate, predict, and resolve problems before schedules are impacted
- Solve problems independently and as part of a team.
- Have strong interpersonal skills with focus on teamwork and collaboration.
- Be proactive, motivated, and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills.
Please contact us for further information regarding this exciting opportunity
Candidate will be required to be based in or close to Luxembourg as onsite presence will be necessary.
The role is part of the Service Design department under the responsibility of the Lead Architect, and specifically part of a development team of 14 persons with a dev leader and deputy.
This team creates and maintains the customer portal and internal tooling.
The developer will analyses the business needs for new forms to be created, estimates the effort, implements, tests, and releases.
- Analysing requirements, development tests and releases
- Skills and experience with PHP development
- Experience with PHP Symfony
- Experience with React
- API and web services
- Task follow-up tools such as Jira
- ITIL Foundation certified
- Able and used to working according to an Agile methodology
- Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment
- Service-oriented mind-set
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally in a clear and concise manner
- Initiative, accuracy and attention to detail
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential. Any other European language is a plus
- EU citizenship
We have an exciting opportunity for an PHP developer to join our client, a world leader in with bookings / transfer solutions.
The role can be fully remote, with occasional visits to the office required.
Our client is looking for PHP profiles with excellent organisation, time management and planning skills
The successful PHP developer will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and delivering flexible, high-performance web applications.
Your role will involve:
- Working within an Agile development environment.
- Having initiative and drive to research and promote new technologies.
- Anticipating, predicting and resolving problems before schedules are impacted.
- Solving problems independently and as part of a team.
- Maintaining and improving the existing code base; providing great technical insight and documentation.
- Helping identify new opportunities and improvements, playing an active role around input into design and functionality decisions
- Software development experience.
- Experience building and integrating APIs.
- Strong background or interest in delivering successful products/systems.
- Experience writing high-quality, solid code taking into account security, performance, resilience, scale and re-use when developing.
- Be comfortable writing automated tests for your code (PHPUnit/Behat/PHPSpec etc…).
- Devops mindset, particularly around automation.
- Comfortable on Linux command line.
This is a fantastic opportunity with an exciting company that offers the room to grow and expand technically and professionally.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role, then please do not hesitate to apply.
Infrastructure & Systems Specialist
Endeavour has an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Specialist to join a consultancy firm, based in London, providing a comprehensive array of professional services to fintech companies, online businesses and payment solution providers.
The role offers remote flexibility with presence onsite required when needed.
The successful Infrastructure Specialist will be joining our client’s IT team and be responsible for ensuring that our client’s server and hosted application needs are met and that the health of their global infrastructure is monitored and maintained. You will configure and manage dozens of platforms powering websites, mailboxes, databases, and in-house software. In addition, it’ll be your job to drive improvements, which will include the implementation of automation whether it relates to boosting the effectiveness of processes or the efficiency of internal teams.
The selected Infrastructure Specialist will have the following demonstrable skills/experience required:
- Five or more years of experience in system administration or related IT role.
- Experience administering a wide variety of *nix platforms.
- Proven experience configuring and managing systems running Debian and CentOS (or derivatives), and software such as OpenSSH, Nginx, Apache, MySQL, Postfix, and Dovecot.
- Experience with tools and products like Chef/Ansible and Vagrant/Docker.
- Automate everything mindset with a ridiculous amount of experience in automating tasks through scripting.
- Knowledge of one or more languages such as Python, Go, Perl, Java, Bash, and PHP.
- Strong familiarity with supporting high-volume eCommerce websites.
- Understanding of hardware, information security, networking concepts, and enterprise applications.
- Basic abilities in network administration: experience working with Cisco/F5 products and a solid understanding of network protocols.
- Ability to quickly analyse complex issues, come up with innovative solutions, and determine possible causes. A high aptitude for problem solving is required.
- Ability to balance conflicting concerns such as security, maintainability, and usability.
- Experience supporting remotely located end users and systems, and an understanding of the impact of technology on the business.
- Ability to work to a very high standard and tight deadlines with colleagues from across the globe.
- Autonomous, detail-oriented, highly organized, and quick to adapt to changes.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willingness and ability to learn and master new tools and latest trends.
- Ability to work outside of typical business hours on occasion.
- Certifications (e.g. CompTIA Linux+, LPIC-*, RHCSA, ITIL® etc.) a huge asset.
If this sounds like you, send your CV or get in touch for further details!
Calling for experienced PHP Developers!
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join a rapidly expanding, established travel
business. As the company scales up, our client is looking for talented senior software engineers
to join their team.
This position will be remote (but you can work from Manchester office if convenient)
Our client is looking for an experienced PHP developer who has managed applications
running in AWS.
The successful PHP developer will be working remotely as part of an in-house Dev team, reporting to the Lead Developer;
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop and enhance bespoke PHP applications, web services and APIs.
• Implement web service integrations with third parties.
• Contribute to the Technology Architecture.
• Utilise the AWS platform to supercharge the eCommerce platform
• Ensure the AWS infrastructure enables the applications to scale
• Ensure your code is secure and efficient and that it will meet capacity demands.
• Follow Development best practices to design, plan, develop and ship good code (agile process is centered around sprint planning, fortnightly sprints, retrospectives)
• Contribute ideas to progress and increase the success of the business.
• Take responsibility for delivering your projects in a timely manner.
• Enjoy communicating plans and progress clearly via Teams and Jira
• Strong knowledge and experience working with modern object-oriented PHP using
MVC frameworks such as Symfony or Yii.
• Designed, implemented and supported production applications on AWS
infrastructure. Great if you have your AWS Certified Solutions Architect cert.
• Strong database design skills (MySQL) and the ability to perform optimisation and
• Experience using Git as a version control system in a team context.
• Familiarity with modern frontend technologies like HTML5, CSS3, ES6, React.js
• Knowledge of some or all tools and methods such as Composer, Redis, Elasticache,
Continuous Integration, TDD, Atlassian Suite.
• The ability to contribute high quality code and contribute to peer reviews offering
constructive feedback on code style, naming and design.
• Strong teamwork and communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
• Strong knowledge of web performance optimisation and caching.
• Great problem solving and organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
• Experience writing clear specifications from gathered requirements and breaking
down projects into simple tasks that can be delegated to keep all business priorities
Get in touch or apply and send your CV ASAP for this not-to-be missed opportunity!
PHP Developer with AWS
Our client, a market leader in online booking system is going through a process of investment and development and they are looking to take on a skilled Developer with Solid PHP and AWS to join the team in a Senior capacity and to help steer the project in the right direction ensuring success of the company’s product and future revenue for the company.
We are looking for an experienced PHP developer who has managed applications running in AWS. Someone that prides themselves in delivering well designed and crafted solutions. You will be the kind of person who loves a challenge and constantly asks if there is a better way to solve a problem. You will advocate adoption of well tested, high quality solutions that adheres to coding standards.
This is a key position within the business that will help steer and shape our future. As such, you will be the kind of person who enjoys refactoring older algorithms in order to drive our technology forward with each release. You will actively contribute to our Technical Architecture and Roadmap. In addition to maintaining and enhancing our existing applications, there will be plenty of opportunity for working on greenfield projects.
What you’ll be doing:
· Develop the system applications, web services and APIs.
· Ensure our Infrastructure as Code AWS infrastructure efficiently meets volume demands and performs well
· Implement web service integrations with third parties
· Ensure your code is secure and efficient and that it will meet capacity demands
· Contribute to continuous improvement of our Technical Architecture.
· Use automation to improve efficiency and reliability of releases.
· Follow Development best practices to design, plan, develop and ship good code
· Represent the development team with internal and external customers
· Speak up and contribute ideas to progress and increase the success of the business.
· Take responsibility for delivering your projects in a timely manner
· Enjoy communicating plans and progress clearly via Teams, Jira, Email etc.
· Strong knowledge and experience working with modern object-oriented PHP using MVC frameworks such as Symfony or Yii.
· Designed, implemented and supported production applications on AWS infrastructure and have obtained your AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification
· Strong database design skills (MySQL) and the ability to perform optimisation and performance improvements.
· Experience using Git as a version control system in a team context
· Familiarity with modern frontend technologies like HTML5, CSS3, ES6, React.js
· Knowledge of some or all tools and methods such as Composer, Redis, Elasticache, Continuous Integration, TDD, Atlassian Suite.
· The ability to contribute high quality code and contribute to peer reviews offering constructive feedback on code style, naming and design.
· Strong teamwork and communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
· Strong knowledge of web performance optimisation and caching
· Great problem solving and organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
· Experience writing clear specifications from gathered requirements and breaking down projects into simple tasks that can be delegated to keep all business priorities moving forwards.
What we offer:
· Full time role, with six weeks annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
· Company share scheme, so the opportunity exists to own equity in the business by strongly contributing towards the company exceeding its growth targets and ambitions
· Flexibility to work remotely
· Pension Scheme (once passed probation)
· Flexible hours
· Relaxed atmosphere
Software Development Manager / Technical Hands on Team Lead
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Development Manager to join our client, helping them scale the business and fuel their technology success which is at the core of their business. The Role is for a Development Manager, we are either looking for people with experience as a Development Manager or someone that has a Software and Leadership background that wants to step into a Development Manager role.
Our client specialises in the Travel and Tourism industry. They are one of Europe’s largest in their given specialism.
What we’re looking for:
We're on the lookout for an experienced technology leader – you could be a software development team leader or manager right now – who wants to build and lead a great tech team, who will analyse, choose and enhance the right technology (as well as implementing sensible and effective development processes) in order to deliver the platform and technology solutions.
This is a key position within the business that will help steer and shape our future. You will enjoy learning about our business and understanding our strategic technology needs. You will be comfortable learning and working with complex existing platforms. You will be the kind of person who enjoys translating these learnings into our Technology Architecture and Roadmap. And you’re the person to deliver this roadmap leading your tech team and collaborating with the wider company.
The role is hands on, the are currently suing a mix of PHP, React and AWS. They would like someone to have or be able to pick up PHP and to be able to learn React.JS. You will be leading, mentoring, code reviews, Architecting, Managing and Delivering the software solutions
What you’ll be doing:
Working with MD, Exec & Board on Technology Strategy
- Reporting to the Managing Director, you will work with the MD, and the Board to define and agree Business Strategy.
- Secure budgetary approval from Board to ensure that the technology team is structured and resourced appropriately to implement the Technology Roadmap
Define Architecture and Application Development Approach
- Define the Technical Architecture Roadmap. Ensure that the detailed Technical Architecture is correctly designed by pulling together inputs from Exec, Development Team and your own extensive technical experience
- With architecture and roadmap defined, carve out time to personally execute high-quality hands-on coding and system configuration, utilising your skills as an expert technologist to ensure the best solutions are delivered in a timely manner
- Ensure best practice software development processes are utilised by the Dev Team, including Agile Delivery, Code Standards, Peer Review, Coaching, Quality Control, Performance Bechmarking
Delivering Technology Strategy through Timely Project Delivery
- Plan the work required to implement the Technology Strategy and Roadmap for the current financial year, selecting the critical path for investment projects and assigning prioritised projects for delivery to each quarter based on business cases
- Control Technical Teams actual delivery against the Spec, Design and Plan for each project, addressing issues and risks in order to bring project delivery back to plan
- Communicate status of projects against plan to interested stakeholders
Looking after your people
- Co-ordinate hiring efforts for all Technology Team Members
- Co-ordinate career development processes with technical team members to ensure high team retention levels
- Prepare and agree annual IT budget with Managing Director
- Control technology delivery against budget on a monthly basis
Security, Business Continuity and IT Operations
- Define Security Strategy to be implemented to ensure industry best practice security protocols and processes are adopted across the technology stack and related processes
- Implement routine - daily, weekly, monthly – operations and tools to ensure security and business continuity strategy is implemented, monitored and tested
- Ensure regular vulnerability assessments are conducted and any findings addressed
- Ensure regular penetration tests are conducted and their findings addressed
- Ensure industry standard backup and recovery processes are implemented and tested regularly
- Ensure Business Continuity testing is carried out on a routine basis
- Oversee Technology service desk functioning to ensure system uptime is maximised and business interruptions are minimised
- Implement and improve best practice IT operations including appropriate Incident, Problem, Capacity and Change Management processes
What you can do:
We're looking for a technology leader that sets high standards for themselves and challenges themselves and their team to produce their best work. You will enjoy working in a team delivering exceptional work in a collaborative atmosphere.
You will have:
- Demonstrable Technology Architecture, Software Development and Project Delivery experience
- Executive or Board Level Communication experience
- Experience of Growing IT Teams with successes in team member retention
- Experience implementing Security and Business Continuity Best Practice
- In depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services (including Architecture Design, Infrastructure as Code, Autoscaling, Security, Administration)
- PHP will have been recently or still is one of your go to programming languages (you will have experience working with high volume web services, caching, legacy monolith refactoring)
- Exposure to High Availability Databases and Data Modelling
- Strong teamwork and communication skills with technical and non-technical team members
- Great problem solving and organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience writing clear specifications from gathered requirements and breaking down projects into simple tasks that can be delegated to keep all business priorities moving forwards.
What we offer:
- Salary: Competitive (£55K to 65K, depending on experience)
- Hours: 40
- Full-time role, with six weeks annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Company share scheme - the opportunity exists to own equity in the business which can provide returns as you actively contribute towards the company’s growth targets and ambitions
- Flexibility to work remotely or in Manchester office when required.
- Pension Scheme (once passed probation)
- Flexible hours and remote working days
- Relaxed atmosphere
There will be a three-month probation period to determine whether you are suited to the role within our business.
Excellent long term, off shore contract opportunity for a Lead Developer.
Lead Developer requirements
- Solid development experience using PHP, Mysql as well as experience with Opensource platforms including Wordpress and Magento
- Revises, updates, refactors, and debugs code
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics
- Experience in any charting libraries, NOSQL databases, CMS (WordPress, Magento)
- Experience in Web services (preferably AWS)
- E-commerce (Magento) or large site architecture experience a plus
- Payment gateway setup and integration experience a plus
Lead Developer responsibilities
- 8-10 years’ work experience
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Ability to communicate with UK/US customer with strong verbal and written comms
- Will be expected to attend technical meetings with client to provide solutions to issues and new ideas
- Excellent attention to detail and time-management skills
- Serves as an expert on developed applications and provides technical support to other members of the team, providing training, guidance and mentoring where needed
- Assisting in the planning, estimating and refinement of project requirements
- Collaborates with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Knowledge of Agile frameworks (i.e. Scrum) and has worked with Jira
Please get in touch for further details on this excellent contract opportunity.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent permanent opportunity for a FileMaker Developer to join a leading client (low carbon technologies) based in Canary Wharf.
Qualifications and Experience:
FileMaker Certification or 3 years working Multicultural organisations.
Ability to use the development tools and methodologies as specified.
Experience in at least one of the following technical areas are desirable:
- Oracle DBMS development
Skills and responsibilities:
- Assistance with design activities and prototyping.
- Design and implement software, based on requirements and/or analysis artefacts. Implement and perform unit tests reflecting system specifications.
- Implement and maintain the necessary software development lifecycle artefacts.
- Working experience in using static code analysis software and addressing violations raised by the product is desirable.
- Working experience in using defect tracking software and addressing defects.
- Experience in working in an environment with technical teams comprised of testers, analysts and system administrators and solution architects.
- Capacity to assist the support team with training the users of the system.
- Assistance with operational support of software produced.
- Capacity to assist with evaluating and testing products delivered by external system suppliers to ensure that they conform to requirements and methodology.
- Knowledge in IT Service Management and/or Risk frameworks, and/or international standards is desirable.
- Analytical skills to establish root causes of defects and incidents are required.
If you are a FileMaker Developer looking for a new career opportunity, then please apply.