Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent contract opportunity for a skilled Technical Test Analyst to join a European client in the Hague on an initial 3-month contract with strong possibility of extension.
Required skills and experience :
- 5 years + Software testing experience
- 3 + years experience organizing/executing Non-Functional Systems or Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT) of developed applications and/or tests on ICT infrastructure changes covering aspects such as efficiency, backup & restore, disaster recovery, ICT security, monitoring, installations.
- 1 year + experience in testing of (Windows/Linux) servers and network infrastructure, including aspects like VLANs, firewalls, load balancing, certificates, server hardening and patching.
- A years experience testing client infrastructure, ie PC/laptop/mobile/tablet/printer including operating system upgrades, hardening, GPOs, Client apps, Client virtualization.
- 6 months + experience in testing/scripting infrastructure packages in relation to servers in a virtualized environment (eg VMware) using DevOps approaches.
- A minimum of 6 months experiences testing of supporting services, such as Active Directory, LDAP, MS Exchange, PKI, Queueing systems.
- Knowledge of continuous testing of ICT infrastructure packages deployed using a DevOps approach.
- Knowledge of scripting with PowerShell
- Knowledge on structured test approaches & techniques on higher test levels (eg System-testing, Operational Acceptance Testing)
- Knowledge of testing the following Software Quality Characteristics: Functionality, Technical Security, Usability, Efficiency, Reliability, Maintainability, Portability.
- Knowledge of security vulnerability scanning tools (eg NESSUS, OWASP ZAP).
- Knowledge of using performance test tools (eg Visual Studio Load tests, HP Loadrunner, jMeter).
- Knowledge of centralised monitoring tools (eg SCOM, Nagios) and/or, virtualization consoles (eg vSphere).
- ISTQB and/or ITIL certified
Please get in touch for further details regarding this role.
The successful candidate will join the Cyber Security Intelligence & Solutions – Security Engineering team which is part of the Corporate Technology Cyber Security Management division. The Security Engineering team designs, develops, implements, integrates, supports and manages the security infrastructure components required to support the data management and communication needs of the business applications (smartcards, PKI, Identity Federations software, client security components, Web Application Firewalls,)
You will develop definite expertise in products owned by the CIS Security Engineering team, and sufficient expertise in Web Security technologies in order to be able to support them in Production.
Essential skills and experience:
You have 0 OR 3 years relevant experience preferred or minimum a good theoretical background.
- Targeted platforms : Linux REDhat, Microsoft.
- Apache Module development
- .Net is an asset.
- Smartcard PKCS# Standard, Common Criteria, Java Cards.
Knowledge Websphere Security technologies:
- Reverse proxies, firewalls, Imperva securesphere application firewalls
- Apache, Linux, Windows
- Networks, DMZ
- Good knowledge PKI technologies (Smartcard, PKI Core, standard related to PKI technologies)
- Knowledge in Nexus Secure product.
- Knowledge in smartcard (Gemalto, Java card …)
* Experience in systems integration
Please get in touch for further details on to be missed contract opportunity !
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Be responsible for development of product upgrades and changes to a live system
- Provide technical support to issues raised by the Service Ops Centre
- Be responsible for the investigation and delivery of defect resolutions through Engineering in to the Production Environment without impacting the Live service.
- Be responsible for delivering engineering changes to time and quality
- Be responsible for following the engineering lifecycle
Good understanding and proven track record of the following Technologies
- VMware ESXi
- VMware vSphere
- HP Server Hardware
- HP Desktop Hardware
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012R2
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience of working in a secure infrastructure environment
- Be capable of producing concise install documentation.
- Windows Installer
- IP / Firewall technologies
- Databases (SQL, Oracle)
- Windows Vista/7
- McAfee Products
- Lumension Products
Endeavour is looking for an experienced Information System Architect to join our reputable client in the financial sector, based in Brussels, for an initial contract till the end of the year.
If you have proven experience in large-size application development of highly resilient systems, and more specifically in dealing with cyber security impacts on large IT driven organization, we definitely want to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will also have a clear understanding of an heterogeneous application landscape, design, development and operations.
French or Dutch speaking would be beneficial for this position.
Required skills and experience :
• Multi-Factor Authentication concepts, solutions, application impacts, roll-out strategies.
• Network Zoning concepts, solutions, application impacts, roll-out strategies.
• Internet Access Segregation concepts, solutions, application impacts.
• Access Management (role-based, privileged) concepts, solutions, application impacts, roll-out strategies.
• Application Protection (through WAF) concepts, solutions, application impacts.
• Secure Development Lifecycle concept & processes (incl. in an outsourcing context).
• Cloud Security Strategy concepts, solutions, application impacts.
• IT asset management & inventory in support of the cyber-resilience processes.
• Knowledge in key technology stacks : IBM mainframe (DB2, Cobol, PLI, CICS), HP Tandem and distributed (Linux, Windows).
• You are able to steer design & development teams.
• You have good analytical skills.
• You can abstract generic/transversal solutions for individual problems.
• You can address problems globally but are also able to go into details when required.
• You demonstrate good communication and negotiation skills.
• You speak/write English fluently (French or Dutch is an asset).
• You have the ability to drive and work with a virtual team.
• You are meticulous in your work.
Please, get in touch for further details on this exciting contract opportunity!
Calling for an experienced System Engineer to join our reputable client in the financial sector, based in lovely Brussels, for an initial contract till the end of the year!
As an IT System Engineer, you will join the Enterprise System Management team. The team is in charge of the products infrastructure supporting the ITIL processes such as incident & problem management, asset management, capacity management.
The team is also responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the monitoring infrastructure in a very large high-availability environment ( 15000 agents, 500K-800K events/month, 12000 tickets/month) covering +/- 3000 servers (Windows, Linux, AIX, Solaris) spread into 3 data centers across Europe and provide automatic and real-time alerting to support teams.
It also includes monitoring of several mainframes, links with network monitoring tools, performance and capacity monitoring system and HP Non stop servers. These solutions are then critical for business and support teams.
French or Dutch speaking would be beneficial for this position.
You will be involved in the following tasks:
- Participate on the support of our monitoring or ITIL products infrastructure. All in accordance with security policies and guidelines:
- Interview a broad variety of stakeholders (e.g. network engineers, systems engineers, storage engineers, DBAs, application engineers, developers, end-users), to ascertain how best to monitor the infrastructure components and the applications which they support.
- Configure monitoring definitions and code monitoring scenario / rules according to initial end-users and technical specialists requirements
- Be involved in third-line and second-line support of those solutions and platforms; fixing technical incidents on these platforms (restoring the service) and proposing long term solutions or improvements;
- Participate in cross-functional teams to develop, design and build documents, work plan timelines to meet project timeframes
- Document and complete knowledge transfer to other team members
- Working with vendors to resolve problems
- Be involved in Watch duty and week-end work activities
Please get in touch to apply for this exciting position.
Endeavour Recruitment is seeking an experienced Infrastructure Engineer for their busy IS Department. The role is technical in nature and needs specialist application skills supported by expansive technical skills. This is a permanent opportunity with our client based in East Grinstead. Salary between £42K to £45K plus excellent benefits package.
About this role:
- Working closely with third parties to ensure Applications meet required Service Levels.
- Technical design work in the general Computing Infrastructure (physical and virtual) to implement high quality support and continuous improvement
- Insurance activities that support pro-active management, monitoring and optimisation of the insurance application infrastructure.
- Extensive working with third parties
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Developing such skills as are necessary to support new technologies
- Personal workload management in support of ITIL Incident and Problem Management, through use of ticketing systems.
- Adherence to ITIL Change Management processes.
- Good technical authoring and procedure writing skills.
- Flexible working hours, with frequent need to work additional hours at short notice.
- Inclusion on the teams 24x7 service support rota
- Extensive IT industry experience
- Experience of working with 3rd party application providers
- Ability to plan, track and coordinate complex technical activities
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the confidence to interact with technical peers
- Microsoft skills to include Windows server, SharePoint and some SQL server.
- Strong customer facing verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated by efficient use of technology to solve business problems
- Lateral thinking and problem solving ability
- Good personal workload management and ability to work to deadlines
- ‘Completer finisher’ with a high attention to detail
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for personal improvement
If you believe you have the right experience and previous track record to successfully deliver in this role, then please apply quickly in order to be shortlisted.
Endeavour Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a talented Database Administrator to join our leading client based in the wonderful city of Vienna. This is a long-term contract with an hourly rate in the region of €54EUR per hour. Candidates must have excellent knowledge of German.
Key skills and experience required:
- Administration of the databases: Windows, MS SQL, Oracle
- Experience in the structure of high-availability environments in the database environment (SQL Server)
- Results in virtual environments
- Experience in troubleshooting and performance tuning
- T-SQL Scripting
- Desirable multi-year experience SQL Server DBA: replication, log shipping, clustering, availability groups (large databases)
- SAN storage, SQL Server CLR, Error tracking, PowerShell Scripting
- Virtualization (VMware ESXi)
- Monitoring (Nagios / Icinga / Check_MK)
- Windows Server 2012R2/ 2016
Endeavour Recruitment is looking for an experienced Database Administrator, to join a large client in the financial sector, based in Belgium on an English speaking site, for an exciting 1 year contract.
The successful DBA will be able to work independently and show initiative.
As a Database Administrator, you will be a member of the team in charge of the Oracle DB Server infrastructure.
Your responsibilities will include:
•Providing technical support for the database environment, including support of the production but also supporting the development and enhancement of applications
•Helping to achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives, highest reliability and performance possible
•Software installation procedure + configuration of the servers
•Upgrade/migrations of databases
•Day-to-day administration of the infrastructure
•Disaster recovery plans
•Defining standards and guidelines
•Security of DB servers
•Replication of data
•Research & Development : Assessment and implementation of new technologies and providing IT with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities.
•Providing and designing tools to assist in the management of the databases.
•Participate in the watch duty role (24/24 on call for a total of about 7/10 days/month)
Your skills / experience
•5+ years’ experience with Oracle DB (as from version 11g and above) and MS SQL Server (as from version 2008R2 and above)
•Strong operational focus including security, patch revision control, performance management and tuning, high availability and licensing
•Experience with Oracle Management Server (installation, configuration & usage)
•Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
•Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
•OPERATING SYSTEMS: Red Hat Linux, AIX, Windows
•Good written and oral communication skills
Please get in touch for further details on this excellent contract opportunity.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent long term contract opportunity for a Software Test Analyst with extensive Testing experience including Hands on Testing, Test Analysis, Test Management and client facing. Applicants are required to be eligible for Security Clearance.
To test and develop software across multiple projects ensuring that all output meets defined functional and non-functional requirements and that all defects are effectively managed and resolved.
- Ensure that all functional and non-functional design requirements are correctly translated into test cases/scenarios.
- Ensure the configuration control of the hardware and software test environment is managed.
- To perform the required testing and accurately record/report test results.
- Perform testing activities within the project budget and on time.
- Ensure that identified defects are properly identified and reviewed.
- To read the requisite design documentation and gain a full understanding of the functional and non-functional project requirements.
- To independently decompose the system design requirements into logical units for testing purposes.
- To create the test strategies, plans and specifications and include detailed test cases to validate positive/negative scenarios for each logical unit.
- Configure environments as needed to complete assigned testing.
- To work within customer environments performing and recording tests.
- To execute the detailed test cases and maintain the test records with associated results/configurations.
- Provide test summary reports to the Project Team.
- To provide necessary support to the software development team by resolving queries relating to identified defects.
- To advise on the selection of any test software or tools required for testing.
- Monitor and update defect reports including defect closeout.
- Deliver released software from development/test to customer sites and complete final User Acceptance Testing at the clients facility.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Knowledge of Airline/Handler baggage operational processes
- Working knowledge of current legislative requirements as applied to software products (eg graphical user interface standards).
- A working knowledge of software release, configuration management systems.
- A working knowledge of installing/configuring applications on Windows/Unix/Linux server environments
- Experience of using SQL to query database table content (preferably Oracle)
- Experience of working in an ISO 9001/Tickit environment.
- Experience of performing similar roles in airports/logistics or materials handling.
- Working in process control, warehouse automation, industrial control logistics or a similar business area.
- At least 3 years' experience in performing Factory and User Acceptance Testing role.
- Testing of mission critical high availability systems.
- Experience of generating test scenarios from client's brief and decomposing into functional tests.
- Degree in an engineering or computer science related discipline.
- Minimum of ISEB foundation certificate for software testing.
- Ability to plan and organise multiple workload requirements.
- Ability to work and manage defined deadlines within programme and budget.
- Able to work as part of a team and independently.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
Please get in touch ASAP for consideration for this not to be missed contract opportunity.
Endeavour Recruitment is looking for an experienced, multilingual Windows Support Engineer for an exciting long-term contract.
The successful applicant will be joining our well-established European client, in the financial sector, based in Belgium
As the ideal Windows Support Engineer, you will be responsible for the deployment and maintenance of applications delivered via Citrix, VDI and Workstations and the underlying infrastructure, as well as delivering second line support to end-users and the onsite support teams across all entities.
- Deploy applications, debug and solve related problems on Citrix and Workstations.
- Manage patching for applications and operating systems.
- Provide application support for internal clients.
- Maintain and monitor infrastructure components.
Report on application deployment progress and baseline compliancy.
- Incident, request and problem management.
- Apply standard operating procedures and actively contribute to continuously improve operational processes.
Required skills and experience:
- 5 years + experience in a Windows end-user environment, with specialisation in application delivery.
- Fluent in French/English or Dutch/English.
- Advanced SCCM experience, including baseline management and custom reporting.
- Operational knowledge of App-V, Appsense, Powershell, MSI and other packaging/scripting technologies.
- Proven administrator experience in a Citrix environment.
- Good knowledge of IT Security Principals and overall understanding of IT Service Management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and in-depth troubleshooting of application issues (MSI technology, read and understand installation logfiles).
- Sufficient knowledge of the common office applications to be able to deliver applications.
If you have a customer oriented attitude with good communication skills , we definitely want to hear from you.
Please get in touch ASAP to find further details about this “not-to-be-missed” contract opportunity.