Endeavour has an excellent career opportunity for a passionate Test Engineer, who is keen to further their career, by joining our Cyber Security client, based in Worcestershire. This is a permanent position and the salary is up to £40,000 for the right candidate.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Writing test plans and test scripts at all levels.
- Running tests against scripts.
- Recording and documenting results.
- Raising defects.
- Prioritising your own work.
- Working within a closely-knit team.
- Production of documentation using industry-standard tools.
- Mentoring test engineers.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Suitability for holding a UK security clearance (SC).
- Recent experience of writing, modifying and executing software tests.
- Test automation experience.
- Recent experience of using scripting languages such as Python or PowerShell
- Experience of testing either network or desktop GUI applications (preferably both).
- Recent use of Test and Defect Management Tools.
- Experienced use of at least one of the following operating systems: Windows, Linux, Unix or Solaris 10.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Domain knowledge of cyber security.
- Experience of setting up and using virtual machines, such as VMware or Docker.
- Performing packet capture and analysis.
- TCP/IP protocols, particularly SMTP and HTTP.
- Encryption standards (e.g. public key encryption).
- Experience of setting up integrated test environments.
- Visual Studio and TFS 2017 or later.
- Cloud-based testing, e.g. AWS or Azure.
- Agile testing techniques.
If you want to enhance your career and join a client in the Cyber Security sector do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.