Endeavour has an excellent career opportunity for a passionate Junior Test Engineer, who is keen to develop their career, by joining our Cyber Security client, based in Worcestershire. This is a permanent position and the salary is up to £29,000 for the right candidate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will be part of an existing highly skilled development and test team that produces complex cyber security solution software.
- You will be enthusiastic and demonstrate an ability to learn rapidly whilst also making a valuable contribution to the team.
- Writing test scripts under guidance.
- Running tests against scripts.
- Recording and documenting results.
- Raising defects.
- Working within a closely-knit team.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Recent experience of using scripting languages such as Python or PowerShell
- Basic knowledge of software testing.
- Suitability for holding a UK security clearance (SC).
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communications skills are essential in both written and verbal form.
- Either possession of ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing or having an interest in obtaining such a certificate.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience of using Microsoft Test Manager 2017.
- Experience of writing, modifying and executing software tests.
- Test automation experience.
- Experience of testing both network and desktop GUI applications.
- Domain knowledge of cyber security.
- Experience of setting up and using virtual machines, such as VMware or Docker.
- Experience of multiple operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Unix or Solaris 10.
- TCP/IP protocols, particularly SMTP and HTTP.
- Encryption standards (e.g. public key encryption).
- Visual Studio and TFS 2017 or later.
- Cloud-based testing, e.g. AWS or Azure.
- Agile testing techniques.
If you want to develop your career and join a client in the Cyber Security sector do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.