Endeavour Recruitment has an exciting contract opportunity for a UI Software Engineer with 5+ years’ experience.
Join a large client, in the Financial Services Sector based in La Hulpe, Belgium. The contract is initially for 6 months and the all-inclusive daily rate is market related.
Role and Responsibilities:
- As a user interface software engineer working in an Agile team, you are responsible for managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables. With your technical expertise you design, develop, test, maintain and enhance software solutions.
- We need engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems and continually improve our products.
- Design, develop, test, enhance and support cloud applications.
- Participate in feasibility studies to validate technical solutions for product enhancements.
- Analyse problems, propose and implement solutions.
- Understand and address security vulnerabilities.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- University degree in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in Object-oriented design, algorithms, and software design
- Extensive knowledge of Java
- Extensive knowledge of Browser specificities (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Edge, Firefox)
- Knowledge of the security aspects in software design and development and in security technologies (PKI, TLS)
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux (RHEL or similar) operating systems
- Knowledge of UX concepts
- Strong communication; fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Quality oriented, meticulous, rigorous, disciplined
- Adaptability and responsiveness to change
- Proactive and autonomous
- Open to new ideas, innovative mind-set, intellectual curiosity and self-motivated learner
- A team player, willing to work in a multicultural environment
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.