PHP Developer with AWS
Our client, a market leader in online booking system is going through a process of investment and development and they are looking to take on a skilled Developer with Solid PHP and AWS to join the team in a Senior capacity and to help steer the project in the right direction ensuring success of the company’s product and future revenue for the company.
We are looking for an experienced PHP developer who has managed applications running in AWS. Someone that prides themselves in delivering well designed and crafted solutions. You will be the kind of person who loves a challenge and constantly asks if there is a better way to solve a problem. You will advocate adoption of well tested, high quality solutions that adheres to coding standards.
This is a key position within the business that will help steer and shape our future. As such, you will be the kind of person who enjoys refactoring older algorithms in order to drive our technology forward with each release. You will actively contribute to our Technical Architecture and Roadmap. In addition to maintaining and enhancing our existing applications, there will be plenty of opportunity for working on greenfield projects.
What you’ll be doing:
· Develop the system applications, web services and APIs.
· Ensure our Infrastructure as Code AWS infrastructure efficiently meets volume demands and performs well
· Implement web service integrations with third parties
· Ensure your code is secure and efficient and that it will meet capacity demands
· Contribute to continuous improvement of our Technical Architecture.
· Use automation to improve efficiency and reliability of releases.
· Follow Development best practices to design, plan, develop and ship good code
· Represent the development team with internal and external customers
· Speak up and contribute ideas to progress and increase the success of the business.
· Take responsibility for delivering your projects in a timely manner
· Enjoy communicating plans and progress clearly via Teams, Jira, Email etc.
· Strong knowledge and experience working with modern object-oriented PHP using MVC frameworks such as Symfony or Yii.
· Designed, implemented and supported production applications on AWS infrastructure and have obtained your AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification
· Strong database design skills (MySQL) and the ability to perform optimisation and performance improvements.
· Experience using Git as a version control system in a team context
· Familiarity with modern frontend technologies like HTML5, CSS3, ES6, React.js
· Knowledge of some or all tools and methods such as Composer, Redis, Elasticache, Continuous Integration, TDD, Atlassian Suite.
· The ability to contribute high quality code and contribute to peer reviews offering constructive feedback on code style, naming and design.
· Strong teamwork and communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
· Strong knowledge of web performance optimisation and caching
· Great problem solving and organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
· Experience writing clear specifications from gathered requirements and breaking down projects into simple tasks that can be delegated to keep all business priorities moving forwards.
What we offer:
· Full time role, with six weeks annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
· Company share scheme, so the opportunity exists to own equity in the business by strongly contributing towards the company exceeding its growth targets and ambitions
· Flexibility to work remotely
· Pension Scheme (once passed probation)
· Flexible hours
· Relaxed atmosphere