Calling for experienced PHP Developers!
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join a rapidly expanding, established travel
business. As the company scales up, our client is looking for talented senior software engineers
to join their team.
This position will be remote (but you can work from Manchester office if convenient)
Our client is looking for an experienced PHP developer who has managed applications
running in AWS.
The successful PHP developer will be working remotely as part of an in-house Dev team, reporting to the Lead Developer;
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop and enhance bespoke PHP applications, web services and APIs.
• Implement web service integrations with third parties.
• Contribute to the Technology Architecture.
• Utilise the AWS platform to supercharge the eCommerce platform
• Ensure the AWS infrastructure enables the applications to scale
• Ensure your code is secure and efficient and that it will meet capacity demands.
• Follow Development best practices to design, plan, develop and ship good code (agile process is centered around sprint planning, fortnightly sprints, retrospectives)
• Contribute ideas to progress and increase the success of the business.
• Take responsibility for delivering your projects in a timely manner.
• Enjoy communicating plans and progress clearly via Teams and Jira
• Strong knowledge and experience working with modern object-oriented PHP using
MVC frameworks such as Symfony or Yii.
• Designed, implemented and supported production applications on AWS
infrastructure. Great if you have your AWS Certified Solutions Architect cert.
• Strong database design skills (MySQL) and the ability to perform optimisation and
• Experience using Git as a version control system in a team context.
• Familiarity with modern frontend technologies like HTML5, CSS3, ES6, React.js
• Knowledge of some or all tools and methods such as Composer, Redis, Elasticache,
Continuous Integration, TDD, Atlassian Suite.
• The ability to contribute high quality code and contribute to peer reviews offering
constructive feedback on code style, naming and design.
• Strong teamwork and communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
• Strong knowledge of web performance optimisation and caching.
• Great problem solving and organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
• Experience writing clear specifications from gathered requirements and breaking
down projects into simple tasks that can be delegated to keep all business priorities
Get in touch or apply and send your CV ASAP for this not-to-be missed opportunity!