PHP Developer / Software Architect
Our client based in Brighton is a rapidly expanding global organization that delivers to millions of customers every year – providing them with solutions globally.
We are looking for PHP Developer / Architect to join the expanding team, help deliver the roadmap of highly scalable services, and have the opportunity to play an integral part in the company’s wider investment strategy.
You will work with the Technical Team under a Senior Architect, giving you the opportunity to grow in your Architecture experience and to work on application design, technical architecture, and delivery.
You will be working on APIs (developing our own and implementing partners’) as well as several established and planned front-end systems (both consumer and business focused).
We work mostly in PHP but are interested in using the right tool for the right job. Our wider tech stack includes: Ubuntu Linux, MS SQL Server, Elasticsearch, Redis, and RabbitMQ. We make use of a large number of AWS services (EC2 Auto-Scaling, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, API Gateway, to name a few), use Git + GitHub for source control and our future roadmap includes Docker and Kubernetes.
- Help design and evolve our technical architecture to best support current and predicted business needs.
- Design solutions which are reliable, scalable, and secure, balancing flexibility against complexity.
- Manage architectural risk across their architecture domain.
- Have initiative and drive to research and promote new technologies, stay current with new technologies, and apply these to help meet business needs.
- Help identify new opportunities and improvements to our existing code base, playing an active role in design and functionality decisions.
- Plan and implement code and infrastructure projects, providing great technical insight and documentation.
- Continuously evaluate development processes to ensure delivery of set goals.
- Anticipate, predict, and resolve problems before schedules are impacted.
- [RT1] Solve problems independently and as part of a team.
- Understand the importance of Quality Assurance and champion it during the development cycle.
Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
- Have experience of software development and database architecture.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in several of the technologies we use.
- See the big picture when working with complex applications and data models.
- Understand data flows involving multiple applications and microservices.
- Have a DevOps mindset, with an understanding of Cloud Computing concepts and Infrastructure as Code.
- Be motivated to learn new technologies and best practices, and champion their use.
- Enjoy and have experience building and integrating APIs.
- Have a strong background or interest in delivering successful products or systems.
- Write high quality, SOLID code whilst thinking about security, performance, resilience, scalability, and re-use when developing.
- Are comfortable writing automated tests for your code (PHPUnit / Behat / PHPSpec / etc).
- Be comfortable on the Linux command-line and hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Anticipate, predict, and resolve problems before schedules are impacted
- Solve problems independently and as part of a team.
- Have strong interpersonal skills with focus on teamwork and collaboration.
- Be proactive, motivated, and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills.
Please contact us for further information regarding this exciting opportunity