Infrastructure & Systems Specialist
Endeavour has an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Specialist to join a consultancy firm, based in London, providing a comprehensive array of professional services to fintech companies, online businesses and payment solution providers.
The role offers remote flexibility with presence onsite required when needed.
The successful Infrastructure Specialist will be joining our client’s IT team and be responsible for ensuring that our client’s server and hosted application needs are met and that the health of their global infrastructure is monitored and maintained. You will configure and manage dozens of platforms powering websites, mailboxes, databases, and in-house software. In addition, it’ll be your job to drive improvements, which will include the implementation of automation whether it relates to boosting the effectiveness of processes or the efficiency of internal teams.
The selected Infrastructure Specialist will have the following demonstrable skills/experience required:
- Five or more years of experience in system administration or related IT role.
- Experience administering a wide variety of *nix platforms.
- Proven experience configuring and managing systems running Debian and CentOS (or derivatives), and software such as OpenSSH, Nginx, Apache, MySQL, Postfix, and Dovecot.
- Experience with tools and products like Chef/Ansible and Vagrant/Docker.
- Automate everything mindset with a ridiculous amount of experience in automating tasks through scripting.
- Knowledge of one or more languages such as Python, Go, Perl, Java, Bash, and PHP.
- Strong familiarity with supporting high-volume eCommerce websites.
- Understanding of hardware, information security, networking concepts, and enterprise applications.
- Basic abilities in network administration: experience working with Cisco/F5 products and a solid understanding of network protocols.
- Ability to quickly analyse complex issues, come up with innovative solutions, and determine possible causes. A high aptitude for problem solving is required.
- Ability to balance conflicting concerns such as security, maintainability, and usability.
- Experience supporting remotely located end users and systems, and an understanding of the impact of technology on the business.
- Ability to work to a very high standard and tight deadlines with colleagues from across the globe.
- Autonomous, detail-oriented, highly organized, and quick to adapt to changes.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willingness and ability to learn and master new tools and latest trends.
- Ability to work outside of typical business hours on occasion.
- Certifications (e.g. CompTIA Linux+, LPIC-*, RHCSA, ITIL® etc.) a huge asset.
If this sounds like you, send your CV or get in touch for further details!