Role and Responsibilities
- The Software Engineer will be part of an existing highly skilled development team, reporting directly to the Lead Developer, writing complex security solution software. The following are key responsibilities:
- Writing high quality code following in-house full life cycle development methodologies and using our chosen toolset
- Being able to time manage across multiple concurrent tasks with different priorities and different deadlines
- To work within a closely knit team
- Be proactive in looking for ways to improve all aspects of the products we produce whether that’s the code, tests or documentation
- Suitability to hold UK security clearance is essential
- Computing, scientific or mathematical degree is preferred
- Recent experience of full life-cycle software development is essential
- Domain knowledge of application security is preferred
- The ability to work collaboratively across functions within the business and to have sufficient flexibility to adapt to changing business priorities is essential
- Good communications skills are essential in both written and verbal form
- Strong programming skills
- Good understanding of UNIX
- Network programming
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Full product life cycle development knowledge
- Desirable Experience
- Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
- Deep understanding of Internet standards and protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, SNMP, syslog, NTP
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMWare, Docker, AWS, Azure
- Object orientated programming languages such as C++, C#, JAVA
- Development experience on different operating systems such as Windows, Linux and Solaris
Looking to join a world leader in technology?
We have a fantastic long term contract opportunity for a Java Backend Engineer to join an exciting project on a 12 month + contract based in Belgium. Excellent career prospects!
Candidates must hold a Master’s degree in a relevant scientific field, be fluent in English, and have the following skills and experience.
Skills and experience :
- 4+ years of back-end development experience
- Java EE, Spring
- RESTful services
- Big Data tools and technologies such as
- Hadoop, Spark
- Redis, Cassandra
Excellent coding, reviewing and testing skills
Experience with continuous integration tools
- Experience in fraud detection (in any industry: gaming, banking, insurance…)
- Experience in data analytics and machine learning
- Experience in DevOps
- Cloud computing: AWS, Google Cloud
- Data analytics: R, KNIME, WEKA, FICO, TensorFlow
- Programming: Scala, Haskell
Please get in touch for further details. Looking forward to your application!
Unique opportunity for a Video Intelligence Research Engineer to join our client in Dublin to work on a 12-month contract. A PhD or Masters’ in Computer Vision, Image Processing, Deep Learning or Machine Learning is required, as well as commercial experience in the same area. €400-€600 day rate.
This is good chance to join our global client in a pioneering Research and Development environment in Dublin and be part of a team that will be applying data science and machine learning based research to computer vision and Video data processing.
Skills and Experience:
- PhD or Master’s in Computer Vision, Image Processing, Deep Learning or Machine Learning
- At least 3 years of Industry experience in at least one or more of Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Data Science
- 5 plus years’ experience in video, visual data analytics and processing or video metadata labelling and semantic analysis
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB on large datasets
- Java, C++ or Python
- Frameworks such as Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch (Pytorch) or Keras
- AWS or other cloud platforms and container such as Docker
- Experience of Computer Vision and Machine Learning packages such as Opencv, SciKit-Learn, xgboost
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU.
Applicants must be experienced in contracting.
Applicants are invited to apply as soon as possible in order to be included in the shortlist. Please confirm your availability and rate required in Euros for this Contract position.
Do you have at least 5 years’ experience as a Java Backend Developer?
Do you have a University qualification in software engineering or computer science?
Have you got excellent verbal communication and documentation writing skills?
Are you a Team player with an eye for detail?
If you can answer yes to the above questions, then Endeavour Recruitment really want to hear from you.
Endeavour Recruitment is urgently looking for a English speaking Senior Java Developer with proven backend experience to join a large European organisation on a new data management platform project, based in Brussels to maintain and develop Management Applications. On an initial 4 month contract. Candidate day rate €450 per day.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience as a software developer.
- Hands-on Java development using frameworks, including Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience with data models, schemas, datatypes, attributes and data mapping.
- Display competency with of one-way hashing and Personally Identifiable Information.
- Knowledge of REST with JSON, and SOAP with XML interfaces.
- Familiarity with FTP/SFTP and file processing.
- Design patterns for asynchronous events, queuing, and producer/consumer.
- Integration via API management platforms such as WSO2.
- Required knowledge: Java 8, JBoss EAP Application Server 6.4.10, Oracle SQL Database Version 12C, Spring Boot, Apache Camel (message router), Hibernate, ESB, REST and SOAP services, SQL, Git, continuous integration through Jenkins (automatic build and deploy), understanding of Agile methodology, experience with standard UML.
- Having worked with populating cloud services would be an advantage.
- Experience with JIRA for requirements management.
- Knowledge of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Familiarity with Google’s Publish/Subscribe cloud service and Amazon AWS.
- Prior experience within the telecommunications sector.
- Prior experience with marketing automation integration.
- Any specific integration experience with Oracle Eloqua, Adobe Audience Manager, Adobe Target, Taktik Ozone, Tealium Tag Manager, Magnolia CMS or Salesforce.
We look forward to receiving your applications along with your most up to date CV that includes all relevant experience.
We have a new opportunity for an experienced Software Developer to join our client in Brussels. Talented Java and Python needed. This is a 12 month contract with extension opportunities. Hourly rate of EUR€65.00.
Your main responsibility will be doing hands on front and back end development. Working language is English and the role is based close to the Airport. A Masters’ Degree is essential for this role.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related subject
- Unit and Systems Testing Skills
- Git or Github
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum Environment
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
If you meet the criteria please apply with a copy of your most up to date CV.
Endeavour is looking for a seasoned Infrastructure Engineer to join our global telecoms service client, based in Brussels, initially for a 3 months contract, with possibility of extension.
As the successful candidate, you will be an active member of the IT infrastructure engineering team and maintain strong relationships with your peers from the operational, architect, network teams.
You role will involve:
- taking technical leadership & engineering ownership around multiple IT infrastructure components:
· Storage systems
· Linux platforms
· Virtualization platforms
- Delivering design for new solutions.
- Delivering extension / improvement design of the existing infrastructure & solutions based on latest capacity growth, delivered performance and based on future evolution forecasts.
- Managing the systems lifecycle (supplier roadmap evaluation, trigger new sw upgrades or system replacements).
- Conducting the necessary LAB Testing for any new solution validation (new technical solution, new software validations).
- Monitoring technological and supplier/market evolutions, shares best practices, lessons learned, define & document the detailed technical system architecture blueprints
- Contributing & driving technological infrastructure roadmap. Contributing in the definition of technical standards (solution standards, tools and methodologies).
- Conducting technical infrastructure workshops involving multiple stakeholders working in different units of the organization (IT operational, architect, network, business).
- Driving automation by building the necessary framework, tooling & procedures and by stimulating the use of the recommended scripts and tools within the organization.
- Analyzing and recommending plans for investing in IT infrastructure that will support the company strategic targets, improve the organization performance and/or provide cost reduction opportunities.
The ideal Infrastructure Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
Expert level (proven hands-on expertise) on:
- OS administration: Solaris, Redhat, Ubuntu
- Software distribution using tools like Redhat satellite, Puppet or equivalent
- SAN & NAS technologies: V-MAX, VNX, 3-PAR.
- virtualization platforms: VMware & KVM.
Good understanding of:
- Database technologies: MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle.
- Containers technologies: Docker
- IaaS services: AWS, Google & Azure
- Datacenter routing & switching (incl. integration with firewalling layers) : BGP, OSPF, 802.1Q, QinQ, Vswitch, Virtual Connect, VXLAN, NSX.
- Knowledge of system monitoring tools: Nagios, Netcool, Cacti
- Familiarity with project management (planning, follow up, communication)
Please apply for further details on the excellent contract opportunity!
Endeavour Recruitment has a great new opportunity for an experienced Java Developer with Big Data. Candidates should have at least 4 years’ experience working in Java EE and Big Data. A background in Security / Fraud would be beneficial for this role. This is a 12-month contract based in Belgium with a rate of EUR€65 per hour.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar role. Strong back-end development is required for this role as well as experience in developing solutions using Big Data tools and technologies.
Essential Skills: -
- 4 years+ Back-End Development
- Java EE
- Big Data:
- Testing Skills
- Integration Tools
- Fraud Detection
- Machine Learning
- Cloud computing – AWS or Google Cloud
- Data analytics:
- Programming: Scala or Haskell
If you feel you have the skills to flourish in this role, then please send over a copy of your most up to date CV.
Endeavour Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our leading client based in London. This is an initial 6-month contract with a daily rate of £500+ depending on experience. Candidates must hold Security Clearance.
Responsibilities will include;
- Improve and expand AWS platform
- Apply changes using configuration management tools
- Support and troubleshoot complex micro-service based environment
- Improve monitoring and performance measurement tools
- Implement and improve security stack/tools
- Automating various tasks using puppet, ansible and scripting
Your skill set should include a solid mix of the following:
- AWS, services, SDK
- Ruby/Python or any other high-level language
- WEB servers (Apache, Nginx)
- Networking (TCP/IP, LoadBalancing, Firewalls)
- Databases (Mongo, Postgres or alternative)
- RabbitMQ or alternative
- Security in the cloud
- Continues integration for developing applications (Jenkins, GIT, Nexus, Artifactory)
Endeavour Recruitment are seeking an experienced Windows Systems Administrator to undertake a 6 month contract with our market leading client in Cork.
Over the next few months our client are implementing & upgrading some key enterprise applications and they are looking for a very capable Windows Systems Administrator to assist the team with project delivery and BAU support.
You will need to demonstrate a strong Systems Administration background across Windows, including VMware, Storage (such as Dell Compellent/EMC) and Cloud (pref. AWS). Previous experience as a Solutions Architect or supporting/deploying JD Edwards would be beneficial.
The city and county of Cork have plenty to offer, including direct flights to major UK and EU cites.
The rate available for this contract is circa EUR400 per day
Please apply with an up to date CV to be shortlisted for this fantastic contract.
Endeavour Recruitment has a Brand New opportunity for an experienced Cloud Delivery Architect to work in the Beautiful City of Vienna. The successful candidate will be tasked with obtaining an overview of the existing system and propose the new Infrastructure on a Cloud based system. This is a long term contract of between 2-5 years. Excellent rate for the right person.
Key skills and experience required:
- Fluent in English and German
- Architecture of Cloud products
- Good understanding of Azure
- IBM Softlayer
- Cloud Orchestration Solutions
- Expertise in Infrastructure and Delivery
- Knowledge of Server and Storage based Infrastructures
If you are an experienced developer with a passion for technology looking for a new and exciting opportunity, then please do not hesitate to apply!