Are you a looking for an excellent career opportunity? Our client, based in Southampton, specialising in delivering IT Technology solutions, is recruiting for a Zabbix Development Engineer to join their team. This is a permanent position and the salary is up to £45,000, depending on experience.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Implement and evolve a resilient monitoring capability based on Zabbix.
- Identify and guide the development teams on the most effective ways to instrument and monitor products.
- Identify, develop and deploy innovative and effective monitoring solutions to meet monitoring requirements.
- Identify and evaluate additional capabilities and solutions that will augment and enhance current capabilities.
- Ensure that monitoring systems are relevant by ensuring alerts and actions are maintained to be appropriate and processes are in place for all events and alerts generated by the systems.
- Communicate and evangelise within the organisation to ensure that the monitoring solutions are used effectively and to gather new requirements and identify new opportunities for their use.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent knowledge of the Zabbix platform including deployment, performance tuning and management
- Experience of developing Zabbix templates, including bespoke items, triggers, actions, discovery processes and automation.
- Strong scripting skills especially on the Windows platforms such as PowerShell and WMI.
- Excellent operational awareness and an understanding of how to deliver value through monitoring and automation.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Dashboard tools and development such as Grafana.
- Experience of automated deployment and management techniques such as Chocolatey.
- Log aggregation and visualisation tools such as Elastic Stack or the cloud hosted equivalents.
- Use of Cloud platforms (AWS & Azure)
Please get in touch for further details on this exciting career opportunity!