Endeavour has an exciting opportunity for a Cloud Systems Administrator to join an Energy industry sector client based in Leicestershire, initially for a 3 months contract, with renewals after that period.
The role is 100% remote outside IR35 – working in UK
Our client is looking for a Cloud Systems Administrator to plan for, deploy, and administer their cloud-based infrastructure. Together with their IT department, renewable energy engineers, and other stakeholders, you will be responsible for the deployment, monitoring, and optimisation of their cloud-based systems, as well as the protection and adherence of those systems.
- Create and deploy cloud-based solutions to sustain solar, wind, and hydroelectric power plants, making sure they run smoothly and effectively.
- Conceive, develop, and implement cloud-based data collecting and analysis systems for monitoring and optimising the performance of renewable energy assets, such as energy output, weather, and equipment health, in real time.
- Integrate cloud-based tools and services, such as remote monitoring and control of renewable energy assets, predictive maintenance, and energy forecasting, into renewable energy systems in collaboration with renewable energy engineers.
- Implementing best practices for data protection, access control, and regulatory compliance, such GDPR, NERC CIP, will help us keep our renewable energy systems running smoothly and securely in the cloud.
- Using diagnostic tools and monitoring data, locate and fix problems with cloud-based renewable energy systems including slowdowns in performance or corrupted data.
- Incorporate regular backups, replication, and testing of disaster recovery strategies into our cloud-based renewable energy systems.
- Increase the efficiency and efficacy of our renewable energy systems by implementing the newest trends and technology in cloud computing, renewable energy, and related disciplines and provide recommendations for adopting new technologies and best practices.
Required skills and experience:
- Proficiency in cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP), including cloud infrastructure management, virtualization, networking, and storage.
- Experience with cloud-based data collection and analysis tools, such as IoT platforms, data lakes, and big data analytics frameworks, for monitoring and optimizing renewable energy systems.
- Strong scripting and automation skills using languages such as Python, PowerShell, or Bash, for automating cloud operations, system configuration, and deployment processes.
- Knowledge of cloud security best practices, such as identity and access management (IAM), encryption, auditing, and compliance, and experience in implementing security measures for cloud-based systems.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and tools, such as CI/CD pipelines, version control systems (e.g., Git), and configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible), for managing cloud-based infrastructure and applications.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing concepts, technologies, and best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Apply and send us your CV ASAP to be considered for this excellent opportunity!