Credit Risk IT –Engineer
You will be responsible for working collaboratively in a cross functional SAFeAgile Scrum feature team to deliver solutions for business partners in the Credit Risk domain. All team members are committed to working together to deliver front and back end components along with automated tests that ensure the quality of deliverables. The team partners directly with key stakeholders and end users in a globally distributed organization to understand requirements and collectively design and develop the best possible solutions.
We are looking for strong big data development skills to enhance our team’s technical capabilities. The team will be working across multiple technologies and will need to work together to ensure delivery of business value. This will mean sharing your technical expertise with teammates and being willing to learn and take up tasks with technologies that may not be your primary skill set.
What You Will Do:
- Analyze user requirements and design appropriate big datasolutions that best fit those requirements
- Work in a cross functional Agile Scrum team to design, develop, test and maintain solutions
- Ensure that solutions are in line with department and domain architecture strategies and contribute to defining and improving those strategies
- Help build, maintain and continually implement tests for an automated testing framework that drives integration tests front to back across components.
- Work collaboratively - sharing knowledge and helping mentor teammates in your areas of expertise.
Skills You’ll Need:
- A Strong hands-on technical lead with 7+ years of software development experience using Scala, Scala, Java, Spring, Spark Framework, R, Python and Cloudera Distribution of Hadoop.
- Excellent problem solving skills in a distributed, multi-technology ecosystem
- Architectural Design Patterns, Highly optimized, Low latency and Massively Scalable Platforms
- Strong understanding of concurrency, distributed systems development and performance optimization.
- Experience of implementation and design of Business Critical, calculation and data intensive data flows using one of key Public Cloud GCP/AWS/Azure, GCP preferred. Experience working with GCP native services like Composer, Cloud Run, Cloud functions, Terraform templates, Data Proc, GCE. GKE, Service Mesh etc.
- A willingness to learn all layers of the development stack, including test and auto deployment tools, to be able to collaboratively deliver front-to-back solutions, as well as champion best practice development techniques.
- Experience with source control (Git), build tools (Maven) and continuous integration (TeamCity / Jenkins)
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and clients while facilitating development of a completed and successful solution.
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of clients’ timelines and budgets.
Skills That Will Help You Excel:
- Financial Services Industry Experience – Exposure to Stress Testing is a huge plus
- Knowledge of Risk Management
- Experience working in SAFe Agile program
- Interest in learning and contributing with some of these technologies:
- REST services