C++ Java Software Engineer
C++ Java Software Engineer
Our military client is seeking a C++, Java Software Engineer to join its existing Team. As the Work is working with the Ministry Of Dfence you will need to be a UK national and be able to be Security Cleared. You will also need to work onsite in either the Weymouth site or the South London site near Ascot.
The work will range from
software development, system engineering, technical governance, and mentoring of a
software design team. The work covers both the Maritime and Land domains.
The role may take either a Software Design Lead or Design Authority for projects as
• Software design, development and review (from concept to final product) for a range
of systems from small embedded single processors through to multi-processor
• Work with systems and hardware engineers to develop multi-discipline solutions,
including the definition of software-hardware and software-firmware interfaces.
• Undertake design activities at both the equipment and system levels
• Meeting technical requirements through all phases of design, integration and leading
to customer acceptance
• Technical governance of a portfolio of projects by acting as Design Authority or
independent reviewer as appropriate.
• Undertake the duties of the Software lead where additional support may be required
on projects, bids and product development activities.
• Make decisions on the suitability of engineering design solutions
• Liaise and co-operate with the Project Managers and Design Authorities to resolve
technical, project or resource problems and conflicts.
• Provision of software mentoring across project personnel
• Supporting the research and development of products within the Company, improving
engineering quality, efficiency and cost.
• Participate in project reviews and support presentations at relevant Design Review
• Support to the business development team and preparation of technical proposals
when required and be able to handle sensitive information in the course of your work.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in all aspects of software design and
• Degree level educated in a related engineering discipline
• Proficient in a high level programming language, C++, Java, Linux based and some
awareness of NetBeans.
• Can evaluate, mitigate and manage engineering risks across projects for which you
will be directly/indirectly responsible.
• Chartered member of a professional institution or working towards Chartered status
would be desirable
• Have a high level of both verbal and written communication skills providing regular
communication to internal and external stakeholders, customers and suppliers
• Be able to manage, motivate and develop engineering employees to ensure they fulfil
their roles and meet targets within agreed timelines and standards of quality
• Excellent written and oral communications
• Ability to present complex ideas to all levels of the customer community and both
internal and external Stakeholders
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multi-site team
• Innovative and creative thinking
• Willingness to work as part of a collaborative enterprise with other companies including
short periods of detached duty where necessary
please don’t hesitate to apply
Systems Engineer / London
Excellent permanent opportunity for an experienced, Security Cleared Systems Engineer to be responsible for provisioning and maintaining infrastructure running both on-premises and in the cloud. This infrastructure is delivered by the Infrastructure Engineering department as part of the platforms consumed by the Product Development group.
The ideal candidate will have been designing and deploying infrastructure (x86) for several years, having a good understanding of the trade-offs involved and attributes needed for stable operations, and will have experience with at least one of the major virtualization vendors.
The candidate will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary platform team which builds the platform layer and supporting infrastructure for development teams to consume in a self-service manner.
Technical capability, adaptability to business needs, staying focused on delivering results, and relishing a challenge are all essential to the success of this role.
- Experienced, hands-on infrastructure architect, likely to be from an infrastructure design and/or system administration background
- Administration experience of one or more of the major virtualization providers (preferably Nutanix, but may include VMware/vSAN, KVM)
- HCI experience, especially regarding storage
- Linux (preferably RHEL) configuration, patching and management
- Candidate with a Linux/Unix background
- UK security clearance (current or lapsed)
Any of the following would be advantageous:
- Networking including VLANs, routing, WANs
- Familiar with modern monitoring and logging tools (Splunk, Prometheus, etc), an understanding of SIEM, and an interest in IT security more generally
- Security appliances such as those by Fortinet, PaloAlto or Check Point
- Familiarity with modern infrastructure provisioning tooling, such as Terraform
- Public cloud provisioning, especially Azure Resource Manager
- Familiarity, or more, of Kubernetes (or one of the managed K8s offerings, such as OpenShift) run ton the infrastructure and it interacts with, for example, the Nutanix CSI
- Product evaluation and vendor selection, including running Proofs of Concept/Value to compare
- Ability to work and communicate in an international and multi-cultural environment.
- Professional approach when dealing with internal and external customers, including clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of initiative, accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude under stressful circumstances.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change in a complex global organization.
- High aptitude for learning and high degree of self-motivation.
- Acquire new competencies and accept new challenges.
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities.
- Fluent in English. French, is an advantage.
Should the above requirements match your experience and expectations, please don’t hesitate to apply.
DevOps Azure Engineer / South Africa
Endeavour Recruitment has a not to be missed permanent opportunity for an experience DevOps Engineer.
Excellent career and financial prospects!
Cape Town or Johannesburg based
As the DevOps Engineer you will be working in an agile environment alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of developers and operational staff.
You will take full responsibility for the uptime, performance, security and deployment of the entire web and development environment.
Fast- paced environment where efficiency is a priority and multi-tasking is a requirement.
You will be instrumental in being part of the transition from a traditional hosted environment to a fully cloud hosted environment with containerisation and serverless on the horizon.
This position is demanding yet very rewarding. If you can visualise the future and drive progress to move towards it, this position is made for you!
- Focus will be on delivering solutions in Azure, AWS and GCP while automating deployment, system maintenance, and keeping the platforms monitored and stable.
- Working in collaboration with the operations team.
- Architect and manage Azure infrastructure.
- Manage AWS and GCP infrastructure.
- Manage security.
- Manage CDN services.
- Implement and oversee secure practices in hosting and the SDLC process.
- Manage backup and disaster recovery.
- Manage infrastructure and licencing budgets.
- Automate deployment, monitoring, response, backup, and recovery procedures.
- Modernize legacy infrastructure to take advantage of Azure capability.
- Collaborate with architects to deliver solutions that are both cost efficient and highly scalable.
- Continuous scalability and cost optimisation.
- Documentation of all infrastructure and procedures.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of IIS, nGinx, ElasticSearch, Redis, MySQL, MS SQL.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Be available after hours to attend to critical outages and planned changes.
Skills and competence:
- Proven track record of designing, implementing, and supporting high scale services.
- Ability to match business needs with smart solutions to meet scalability and costing needs.
- Ability to constructively lead others and by so doing raise team performance.
- An excellent communicator both verbally and written.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to absorb pressure in stressful situations.
- Broad cloud knowledge, staying abreast of all tech trends.
- Flexible about working with a wide range of technologies.
Qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in managing and building scalable infrastructure.
- 5+ years’ hands-on DevOps experience
- 3+ years’ experience in working in agile teams.
- Software related degree/diploma
- Preferred certifications: Microsoft Azure Architect Design / Technologies, Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions and Security Technologies
- Hands on experience with the following:
- Architectural and strategic input
- Cost calculations and budgeting for forecasts and planning
- Documentation for both knowledge sharing and auditing needs
- Virtual Networking
- Secure practices
- MS SQL
- Infrastructure as code
- Serverless architecture
Does the above match your experience and expectations? If so, please get in touch asap. We look forward to receiving your cv!
Cloud and Tooling Support Administrator
Excellent long term contract opportunity for an Amazon AWS Cloud solutions engineer to help maintain, troubleshoot the infrastructure and provide support to internal cloud-based tools.
You will be part of a talented and multilingual team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security for a Leading European Organisation.
Service4Developers is the entry point of autonomous Cloud sandbox development environment.
PublicCloud will be a highly automated Cloud Hosting solution based on WildFly/PostgreSQL.
Qualified engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
At least 3 year professional experience within large-scale Data Centre environments
At least 6 months of professional experience on cloud environments
Create and maintain AWS stacks.
Monitoring tooling performance and production jobs
Troubleshoot end-user incidents on infrastructure level only
Receiving, logging and managing requests from customers via ticketing
Maintain and amend procedures
Participate in meetings and training related to the position
Liaise with other technical teams for problem resolution
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
AWS Cloud experience, certification is appreciated
Proven working experience with UNIX /Linux based environments
A knowledge in the following domain would be considered as an asset (level 1):
Basic to advanced networking principles (e.g: NACL, routing)
ORACLE Database and SQL knowledge
Scripting skills (e.g., powershell, Python)
ITSM Tools knowledge (SMT, BMC Atrium, Patrol, Proactive Net …)
Experience with a monitoring system
Kubernetes and tools around k8s ecosystem
DevOps, GitOps principles
A knowledge in the following domain would be considered as nice to have
Artefact store knowledge (Nexus)
Monitoring Dynatrace, Pandora
English fluent is mandatory (speaking & writing), French is an asset
First IT Service Desk/IT Support experience
You are able to work in shifts (8 AM – 8 PM)
Please get in touch for further details.
Calling for Software developers!
Endeavour has a fantastic career opportunity for a Software Developer to join our Multinational Software Manufacturer client, based in Buckinghamshire.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Software Developer with excellent inter-personal skills to join their development team in Milton Keynes, responsible for maintaining their Cloud and Communications Platform-as-a-Service.
Your role as a Software Developer in the team will cover a variety of tasks including programming, system administration, development of back-end services, designing APIs and SDKs for a variety of platforms and languages and maintenance of a resilient distributed system.
- Proficient in at least one programming language, ideally, Python
- Good degree in software (computer science or related subject)
- A good knowledge of Linux, shell scripts and system administration;
- Working knowledge of IP protocols, networking;
- Bright, motivated, analytical, quick to learn;
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Familiarity with AWS services
- Awareness of security in distributed systems;
- Knowledge of real-time and telecommunications media processing;
- Understanding of distributed systems, redis and multi-threading.
Apply ASAP or get in touch for further details on this exciting opportunity!
Endeavour Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our award winning global defence client on a permanent basis. The role will be hybrid and the candidate will be expected to be on-site in Bristol 3 days a week.
Essential skills & experience:
- Working within teams
- Evidence of self-development
- Worked with a variety of programming languages
- Agile practices such as scrum
- Writing code with test-driven development
- Familiarity with architectural and design patterns
- Windows and/or Linux administration
- Continuous Integration and Testing implementation
What’s on offer:
- Our client develops and support a wide variety of software products ranging from Graphical User Interface to Application level business logic across a broad range of our weapon system products.
- The team works across new and existing software products building overall product knowledge. It involves all aspects of the software development lifecycle with a supportive team.
- Our client uses a broad range of software technologies and tools including C++, Java, C#, DDS, Web Services, Qt, Linux and Windows depending on the needs of the project.
- Opportunities for career progression, great bonus/pension scheme, paid overtime and flexible working!
If you want to join a strong team with an open and supportive approach to software development please apply ASAP to be shortlisted.
We have an exciting opportunity for an PHP developer to join our client, a world leader in with bookings / transfer solutions.
The role can be fully remote, with occasional visits to the office required.
Our client is looking for PHP profiles with excellent organisation, time management and planning skills
The successful PHP developer will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and delivering flexible, high-performance web applications.
Your role will involve:
- Working within an Agile development environment.
- Having initiative and drive to research and promote new technologies.
- Anticipating, predicting and resolving problems before schedules are impacted.
- Solving problems independently and as part of a team.
- Maintaining and improving the existing code base; providing great technical insight and documentation.
- Helping identify new opportunities and improvements, playing an active role around input into design and functionality decisions
- Software development experience.
- Experience building and integrating APIs.
- Strong background or interest in delivering successful products/systems.
- Experience writing high-quality, solid code taking into account security, performance, resilience, scale and re-use when developing.
- Be comfortable writing automated tests for your code (PHPUnit/Behat/PHPSpec etc…).
- Devops mindset, particularly around automation.
- Comfortable on Linux command line.
This is a fantastic opportunity with an exciting company that offers the room to grow and expand technically and professionally.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role, then please do not hesitate to apply.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experience developer to join our leading client based on a contract basis. Our client is based in Vienna and the role is 50% on-site and 50% remote. The hourly rate is €70.
The right candidate will be speak English and German and be experienced in the field of software engineering.
- Sufficient knowledge of IT systems (Linux servers), IT system architecture and processes
- Support in system design as well as system and integration testing of applications with DB usage
- Maintenance and replacement of legacy systems (PL/SQL, Oracle Forms)
- High willingness to learn and flexibility in familiarizing with new topics
- Structured approach and solution-oriented way of working
- Quality-conscious and proactive way of working
- High competence in analysis and design
- Desirable experience with JIRA
If you think you have the right skills for this opportunity then please apply ASAP!!
Endeavour Recruitment has an opportunity for a Devops Engineer to join our client’s fast-growing Information Technology and Services company, specializing in the SMME market.
This is a Perm role, and we are open to all candidates who are willing to relocate to Cape Town, South Africa, as this work placement is onsite.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Devops Engineer who has experience with Azure, Linux, Jenkins, Ansible, Kubernetes and AWS. You will be working with and managing/mentoring a strong team, leading the team to produce the best possible outcome for the company.
The devops engineer will provide our client with devops support and services as seen fit by the company involved.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assist with setting up IT and development environments for the developers on new and existing projects through an agile approach incorporating scrum techniques.
• Assist with making recommendations and executing improvements/optimization of the development environments.
• The above will be done in all phases of the projects be they development, staging or live environments.
• Going forward assist with ongoing services to clients in a devops as a service capacity.
• Maintain relevant live environments to ensure applications run optimally.
• Troubleshoot application issues and devise an approach to fixing them.
• Make use of relevant in-house applications of customers to facilitate the work placement.
• Constant communication with all relevant parties on projects, maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
You will be working with technologies like Azure, Linux based, Jenkins, CI/CD, Ansible,Kubernetes, AWS etc.
Our requires two profiles, one Azure heavy and one AWS heavy.
Please send your CV or get in touch for further details as soon as possible for this career building opportunity.