Excellent permanent opportunity for an experienced, Security Cleared Systems Engineer to be responsible for provisioning and maintaining infrastructure running both on-premises and in the cloud. This infrastructure is delivered by the Infrastructure Engineering department as part of the platforms consumed by the Product Development group.
The ideal candidate will have been designing and deploying infrastructure (x86) for several years, having a good understanding of the trade-offs involved and attributes needed for stable operations, and will have experience with at least one of the major virtualization vendors.
The candidate will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary platform team which builds the platform layer and supporting infrastructure for development teams to consume in a self-service manner.
Technical capability, adaptability to business needs, staying focused on delivering results, and relishing a challenge are all essential to the success of this role.
- Experienced, hands-on infrastructure architect, likely to be from an infrastructure design and/or system administration background
- Administration experience of one or more of the major virtualization providers (preferably Nutanix, but may include VMware/vSAN, KVM)
- HCI experience, especially regarding storage
- Linux (preferably RHEL) configuration, patching and management
- Candidate with a Linux/Unix background
- UK security clearance (current or lapsed)
Any of the following would be advantageous:
- Networking including VLANs, routing, WANs
- Familiar with modern monitoring and logging tools (Splunk, Prometheus, etc), an understanding of SIEM, and an interest in IT security more generally
- Security appliances such as those by Fortinet, PaloAlto or Check Point
- Familiarity with modern infrastructure provisioning tooling, such as Terraform
- Public cloud provisioning, especially Azure Resource Manager
- Familiarity, or more, of Kubernetes (or one of the managed K8s offerings, such as OpenShift) run ton the infrastructure and it interacts with, for example, the Nutanix CSI
- Product evaluation and vendor selection, including running Proofs of Concept/Value to compare
- Ability to work and communicate in an international and multi-cultural environment.
- Professional approach when dealing with internal and external customers, including clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of initiative, accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude under stressful circumstances.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change in a complex global organization.
- High aptitude for learning and high degree of self-motivation.
- Acquire new competencies and accept new challenges.
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities.
- Fluent in English. French, is an advantage.
Should the above requirements match your experience and expectations, please don’t hesitate to apply.