Content Analyst XML
Our Client, a leading publisher requires a Content Analyst to join the team. As a content analyst you will be working with ground-breaking digital publishing products which are mainly produced in XML. The role is currently remote but will eventually be onsite 3 days a week in the London Office.
You will be responsible for the management of the platform’s XML content, which includes quality assurance (QA), testing.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an award-winning publishing house and be a part of its growing digital team.
- Checking XML coded texts against source editions for structural and textual errors.
- Following automated and manual routines and checklists systematically in order to identify and rectify errors in the XML files.
- Inputting and checking any required metadata and taxonomy indexing to aid discoverability of XML texts.
- Quality assurance (QA), testing and management of the platform’s XML content.
- Testing online content on various platforms to identify data/platform issues.
- Analysing content and contributing to mark-up guidelines.
- Managing the workflow from conversion to upload for content sets on existing platforms.
Skills and experience
- Knowledge of XML
- A basic knowledge of HTML would also prove good background experience.
- Experience of working with and navigating highly structured documents using XPath.
- Excellent written English and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely for a range of audiences.
- Acute attention to detail and a thorough, scrupulous, and highly responsible attitude to work
- An awareness of editorial issues as related to digital content conversion.
- Experience of or familiarity with XML querying or transformation (xQuery or XSLT)
- Experience of using digital editing software, e.g. oXygen, XML Spy or similar
- Experience of working with a database or CMS.
- Familiarity with XML content models (e.g. DocBook or TEI) and validation
- Experience of working in a publishing environment, ideally in academic social sciences or humanities.
- An interest in the development of digital technologies for the publishing industry.
For further information regarding this exciting role, pleas apply.
Endeavour has a fantastic career opportunity for a driven Front-end developer to strengthen our Defence and Security client’s team, based in Bristol.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, autonomous and tech savvy developer focusing on producing scalable software solutions within the development team.
The successful Front-end Developer will be part of a cross-functional team, responsible for the design of new products with your focus on the development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
Essential required skills/experience:
- A minimum of 3 years’ recent and relevant experience
- Experience of being part of a development team
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- In depth knowledge and experience of in Node.js
- Experience of front-end frameworks (such as vue, bootstrap, reactjs, angular)
- Familiarity with common stacks - specific experience of the TICK stack
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- An analytical, inquisitive mind
Important! Due to the nature of our client’s business, we can only consider applicants eligible to go through a security vetting process.
Please don’t delay and apply today, or contact us for more info on this exciting permanent opportunity!
Are you a Front-End Developer looking for a new career opportunity in London?
Do you have proven experience of working with large, scalable web applications?
Are you experienced working with Magento?
Then read on…
The successful Front-End developer will be joining a team of experts who design, develop and support sizeable and complex e-commerce websites around the globe.
As a Front-End developer, your role will involve working with data from our sites or extending the functionality on the Magento front end in a wide range of creative approaches.
Amongst your deliverable tasks, you will be expected to:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimise applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Evaluating requirements, specifications, and code - analysis, problem definition & solution
- Present ideas, solutions and methodologies to team and clients.
- Experience with Magento 2
- Strong styling skills: Sass, Less, CSS. Use with dynamic, responsive sites.
- The role will require working with Magento, PHP, HTML / XML, Responsive design, Sass/Less, Git
- Experience with Progressive Web Application development and React.js / Vue.js
- Good working knowledge of Knockout.js
- Libraries - JQuery & JQuery UI
- Require.js, Grunt and Gulp.js
- OOP & functional programming
- Asynchronous control flow, partial page updates, AJAX
- Good understanding of debugging techniques, browser rendering behaviour and performance
Please, send us your application or get in touch for further details about this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and passionate team.
- Do you have experience with PHP Development in a commercial environment?
- Do you have prior experience building new applications from the ground up?
We are seeking a Software Developer who has experience with PHP, MVC Frameworks, and SQL to join our client, a fintech company based in Southampton. You will be responsible for developing the core systems for their clients services, helping the team build these systems from scratch.
To be successful in this PHP Developer role we are seeking the following experience –
- MVC Frameworks
- RESTful Web Services
- Writing and optimising SQL queries
Please apply asap to be considered for this PHP Developer role
Excellent new opportunity for a Senior PHP Developer to work for a large transportation client in Brussels, Belgium.
Our client has requested that the candidate chosen for this role is fluent in Dutch or French with a good understanding of the other and English.
The duration of this role is initially until the end of 2019 with possibility of extensions and the all-inclusive daily rate is €435 euros.
What is expected of the Senior PHP Developer? - Role and Responsibilities:
- As a PHP Developer, you have the opportunity to collaborate on projects that are technically and functionally challenging.
- You are not afraid to look for and find a good technical solution for all types of problems
- Monitor standards in our PHP domain and ready to promote the overall quality of the code
- Ready to pass on your knowledge
- Ready to promote the general quality of the code
- This project is both back-end and front-end oriented. Equal attention will therefore be paid to the technical skills required for the back-end as well as for the front-end.
Extensive experience with the following skills is required:
- Zend Framework
- Symfony 3 & 4
- Linux : Debian/CentOS/Ubuntu
- Node JS
- Percona cluster
- Agile / Scrum
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role as a Senior PHP Developer, then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
We have a fantastic 24 Month long contract role working for a prestigious, world renowned client in Brussels, Belgium. This is an English-speaking role and pays an all-inclusive daily rate of €245 euros.
Role and Skills:
- Our client is looking for someone who can provide technical support on basic user issues related to the use and configuration of their Web CMS based on Drupal, as well as the Web Tools.
- You will resolve simple and straightforward technical issues based on the documentation and best-practices available in the knowledge base. Very complex technical issues will be escalated to a higher level of support.
- Your job is to gather as much information as possible from the user. The information could be data files or forms, error or warning messages, screen shots or any sequence of steps followed by the user.
- This information needs to be recorded into the appropriate issue tracking system. You will be asked to properly qualify and prioritise issues in the different tracking systems.
- An important part of the job is to follow-up issues in these multiple tracking systems for the users. You will regularly remind and occasionally help higher levels of support to resolve escalated issues.
The following skills are mandatory:
- Experience with CMS such Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 (from a user perspective)
- Experience with distributed version control i.e. GitHub
- Able to quickly debug front-end web developments
- Able to create user stories (or behavioural specifications)
- Basic knowledge of terminology in Agile software development
- Fluent in English
- Able to follow up issues escalated to 2nd or 3rd line support operators
The following skills are desirable:
- Experience working with another service desk
- Basic knowledge in Business informatics
- Experience with Blogs such as WordPress
- Experience with Wikis such as Confluence and MediaWiki
- Experience with Web Analytics for example: Google Analytics and Piwik
- Experience with SEO such as Google Search Console
- Basic knowledge in social networks i.e. Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
- Basic knowledge in mobile platforms such as Android and iOS
APPLY NOW FOR THIS NOT TO BE MISSED OPPORTUNITY!
Are you a looking for an excellent career opportunity? Our client, based in Southampton, specialising in delivering IT Technology solutions, is recruiting for a Web Developer to join their growing, dynamic team. This role is a permanent position.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Deliver high quality functional software within agreed timescales.
- Collaborate with a team to prepare designs, estimates and functional specifications.
- Maintain quality through code and document reviews.
- Participate in Agile based meetings to ensure iterations are well defined, planned and delivered.
- Investigate software/system faults and devise solutions to these problems.
- Review team & iteration performance to identify improvements to future deliveries.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and develop changes.
- Maintain accurate documentation.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience implementing exceptional User Experience whilst providing input on design of User Interfaces.
- Experience in working with RESTful Web APIs, JSON and XML
- Must have good experience working with C# using SOLID principles or a good understanding of how to apply them.
- Writing unit tests in Jasmine, Karma, Specflow, Selenium and xUnit.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with Linux environment, AWS, Serverless (AWS Lambda) and Docker.
- SQL and DBMS
- SASS / LESS
- Knowledge on Accessibility (WCAG)
Please, get in touch for further details on this exciting career opportunity as a Web Developer!
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for a Senior Full Stack .Net Developer to work for a large pharmaceutical client in Belgium. The selected .Net Developer is expected to have at least 7 years of experience as a .Net Developer. Our client has requested that the .Net Developer chosen for this role is fluent in English. Experience working with Xamarin is desirable.
The duration of this role is initially for 6 months and the all-inclusive daily rate is €525 euros.
What is expected of the .Net Developer? - Role and Responsibilities:
• You'll be responsible for developing web and mobile applications backed by RESTful API’s for both internal users as patients and healthcare professionals
• You'll have the function of translating functional requirements into technical solutions with your team, in collaboration with business partners
• You’ll join an existing SCRUM team and will take part in delivering cutting-edge digital solutions, bringing value to the end users
Required Skills and Knowledge:
• You are an ambitious and passionate developer with at least 7 years of experience, of which 3+ years of experience was in an environment with complex business logic applications
• You have a bachelor or master’s degree in IT or equivalent experience
• You are fluent in English.
• You are an expert in .NET 4.5 and preferably have experience in .NET Core 2.1+ (C#, Web API, LINQ, async/await)
• You know that a RESTful API means more than having GET and POST methods
• You have knowledge of AngularJS and Angular 2+ with a deep understanding of observables
• Experience with Azure cloud computing (Azure App Services, Azure AD/B2C, API management)
• Experience with SCRUM methodology
• Experience with VSTS / Azure DevOps and Git
• Experience in writing automated tests
• Knowledge of Vue, React and Redux is a plus
• Knowledge of OAuth2, OpenID Connect, Azure AD or Azure B2C is desirable
• Experience in Xamarin is desirable
• Experience in writing unit/integration/e2e tests for frontend applications is considered a plus
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role as a .Net Developer, then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
Endeavour Recruitment is seeking a Software Engineer to join our client, a SaaS company providing solutions to the automotive industry, based in Milton Keynes. As a Software Engineer you will be fulling involved with the design, developing, testing, and delivery of solutions. Our client is offering a salary of up to £55k DOE.
The successful Software Engineer will have experience with the following –
- SQL Server
- Database modelling
Please apply ASAP to be considered for this Software Engineer role.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent contract opportunity for an experienced Data Warehouse Developer with recent experience in the public sector to join a leading client in Maastricht, Netherlands.
The Data Warehouse Developer must have knowledge of ODI to fulfil the requirements for the role as a Data Warehouse Developer.
It is desirable that the Data Warehouse Developer has experience in aviation, but Public Sector experience is essential. The duration of this role is for 24 months and the all-inclusive daily rate is €700 euros.
What is expected of the Data Warehouse Developer? - Role and Responsibilities:
- Data source formats are RDBMS, XLS, CSV, structured or semi-structured text, large and highly nested XML, and Java serialized objects.
For each data source, the assignment must entail:
- Source analysis
- Reverse engineering and maintaining metadata for source systems and all layers of DWH enabling automation of loading patterns
- Modelling of the source data in Data Vault 2.0 standard.
- Automation of Data Vault 2.0 loading patterns using SQL, Groovy, ODI SDK, and ODI KM
- Development of an ODI configuration to automate ingestion of the source data into a staging area.
- Improvements of a framework for automatic generation of ODI transformations of the data from staging area into the Raw Data Vault and further to some areas of Business Vault layer.
- Development of transformations of the data from Raw Data Vault to Business Vault layer, including implementation of Soft Rules.
- Development of transformations of the data to self-service presentation layer (including dimensional models, 3NF relational models and flat wide de-normalized reporting tables/views).
- Development of historical data purging rules.
- Development, execution and reporting of integration and user acceptance tests, including Tableau visualisation
- 5 years of practical professional experience with Oracle VLDB
- 5 years of practical professional experience with ODI.
- 3 years of practical professional experience with ODI automation using ODI SDK.
- Successfully manufactured technical and user-facing documentation of the data modelling design and transformation design
- Years of practical professional experience with Data Vault and, specifically, Data Vault 2.0.
- Years of practical professional experience in modelling and handling spatio-temporal data in a self-service BI context
- Prior knowledge in modelling air traffic, sector and airspace configuration, staff rostering and allocation, flow measures, weather, delay, and/or occurrences.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role as a Data Warehouse Developer, then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.