Endeavour Recruitment has a not to be missed permanent opportunity for an experience DevOps Engineer.
Excellent career and financial prospects!
Cape Town or Johannesburg based
As the DevOps Engineer you will be working in an agile environment alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of developers and operational staff.
You will take full responsibility for the uptime, performance, security and deployment of the entire web and development environment.
Fast- paced environment where efficiency is a priority and multi-tasking is a requirement.
You will be instrumental in being part of the transition from a traditional hosted environment to a fully cloud hosted environment with containerisation and serverless on the horizon.
This position is demanding yet very rewarding. If you can visualise the future and drive progress to move towards it, this position is made for you!
- Focus will be on delivering solutions in Azure, AWS and GCP while automating deployment, system maintenance, and keeping the platforms monitored and stable.
- Working in collaboration with the operations team.
- Architect and manage Azure infrastructure.
- Manage AWS and GCP infrastructure.
- Manage security.
- Manage CDN services.
- Implement and oversee secure practices in hosting and the SDLC process.
- Manage backup and disaster recovery.
- Manage infrastructure and licencing budgets.
- Automate deployment, monitoring, response, backup, and recovery procedures.
- Modernize legacy infrastructure to take advantage of Azure capability.
- Collaborate with architects to deliver solutions that are both cost efficient and highly scalable.
- Continuous scalability and cost optimisation.
- Documentation of all infrastructure and procedures.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of IIS, nGinx, ElasticSearch, Redis, MySQL, MS SQL.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Be available after hours to attend to critical outages and planned changes.
Skills and competence:
- Proven track record of designing, implementing, and supporting high scale services.
- Ability to match business needs with smart solutions to meet scalability and costing needs.
- Ability to constructively lead others and by so doing raise team performance.
- An excellent communicator both verbally and written.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to absorb pressure in stressful situations.
- Broad cloud knowledge, staying abreast of all tech trends.
- Flexible about working with a wide range of technologies.
Qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in managing and building scalable infrastructure.
- 5+ years’ hands-on DevOps experience
- 3+ years’ experience in working in agile teams.
- Software related degree/diploma
- Preferred certifications: Microsoft Azure Architect Design / Technologies, Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions and Security Technologies
- Hands on experience with the following:
- Architectural and strategic input
- Cost calculations and budgeting for forecasts and planning
- Documentation for both knowledge sharing and auditing needs
- Virtual Networking
- Secure practices
- MS SQL
- Infrastructure as code
- Serverless architecture
Does the above match your experience and expectations? If so, please get in touch asap. We look forward to receiving your cv!