PHP Developer with AWS
Our client, a market leader in online booking system is going through a process of investment and development and they are looking to take on a skilled Developer with Solid PHP and AWS to join the team in a Senior capacity and to help steer the project in the right direction ensuring success of the companies product and future revenue for the company.
We are looking for an experienced PHP developer who has managed applications running in AWS. Someone that prides themselves in delivering well designed and crafted solutions. You will be the kind of person who loves a challenge and constantly asks if there is a better way to solve a problem. You will advocate adoption of well tested, high quality solutions that adheres to coding standards.
This is a key position within the business that will help steer and shape our future. As such, you will be the kind of person who enjoys refactoring older algorithms in order to drive our technology forward with each release. You will actively contribute to our Technical Architecture and Roadmap. In addition to maintaining and enhancing our existing applications, there will be plenty of opportunity for working on greenfield projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop the system applications, web services and APIs.
- Ensure our Infrastructure as Code AWS infrastructure efficiently meets volume demands and performs well
- Implement web service integrations with third parties
- Ensure your code is secure and efficient and that it will meet capacity demands
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our Technical Architecture.
- Use automation to improve efficiency and reliability of releases.
- Follow Development best practices to design, plan, develop and ship good code
- Represent the development team with internal and external customers
- Speak up and contribute ideas to progress and increase the success of the business.
- Take responsibility for delivering your projects in a timely manner
- Enjoy communicating plans and progress clearly via Teams, Jira, Email etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with modern object-oriented PHP using MVC frameworks such as Symfony or Yii.
- Designed, implemented and supported production applications on AWS infrastructure and have obtained your AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification
- Strong database design skills (MySQL) and the ability to perform optimisation and performance improvements.
- Experience using Git as a version control system in a team context
- Familiarity with modern frontend technologies like HTML5, CSS3, ES6, React.js
- Knowledge of some or all tools and methods such as Composer, Redis, Elasticache, Continuous Integration, TDD, Atlassian Suite.
- The ability to contribute high quality code and contribute to peer reviews offering constructive feedback on code style, naming and design.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong knowledge of web performance optimisation and caching
- Great problem solving and organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience writing clear specifications from gathered requirements and breaking down projects into simple tasks that can be delegated to keep all business priorities moving forwards.
What we offer:
- Full time role, with six weeks annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Company share scheme, so the opportunity exists to own equity in the business by strongly contributing towards the company exceeding its growth targets and ambitions
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Pension Scheme (once passed probation)
- Flexible hours
- Relaxed atmosphere
APPLICATION OPERATIONS MANAGER required for long-term contract opportunity with global reputable organisation, based in Switzerland.
This is an excellent remote contract!
As an Application Operations Manager, you will be responsible for release, deployment and operation of a diverse portfolio of complex projects and business applications, providing a support role to the owners of business applications and ensuring operational efficiency, compliance, risk mitigation and the achievement of business area results. You will also help with onboarding of resources and setting up of development environments.
The selected Application Operations Manager will cover the following deliverable tasks:
- Be the first point of contact for application specific incidents. Provide analysis and details to business clients and development teams.
- Be responsible for maintaining of the lists of application specific incidents. Identify and analyse causes, prioritize improvements and work with teams on fixes.
- Working close with development and other client teams, continuously improve monitoring, alerting and resolution capabilities. Provide technical leadership and oversee the planning, design, implementation, and support of a wide range of varied and complex business software systems from release and operations point of view.
- Support and help business teams with onboarding, setting up of environments, access and using the systems. Input, correct and review business data if required.
- Support and help development teams with onboarding, setting up of environments, access to systems, interpretation of operational data, release management and CI/CD pipelines.
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies and methodologies, anticipate and analyse technological trends and assess their impact for delivering and supporting complex software applications.
- Ensure collaborative and active stakeholder engagement. Manage relationships between IT and business areas in major functional areas with multiple lines of service with a view to understanding and anticipating business and IT needs and establishing clear service expectations.
- Perform other related duties as required.
• Advanced university degree in computer science, information science or other closely related field. A first-level university degree, preferably in computer or information science, plus two years of relevant experience in addition to the experience required below may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Desirable: ITIL or another service and/or project management framework
• At least 5 years of experience in the provision of IT services working with the development and deployment of major IT systems.
• Significant hands-on experience in monitoring, problem analysis, prioritization and optimization.
• Good understanding of release management and SDLC
• Hands-on experience in at least 2 of the following technical areas:
o Monitoring and alerting in AWS environment
o CI/CD in AWS cloud
o CI/CD of Java based applications
o Data backup, recovery and migration
• Experience or training in at least 2 of the following:
o ITIL or another service management framework
o Managing defects and incidents
o Business continuity practices and/or ISO Quality Management Standards
o PRINCE2 or another project management framework
• Demonstrated soft skills in critical thinking, creativity, problem solving and adaptability.
• Ability to cultivate innovation and manage change. Proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives and accountability in delivering results.
• Ability to communicate on technical issues with a diverse audience. Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Please apply ASAP or get in touch for more info on this not-to-be-missed long-term opportunity!
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join one of Britain’s biggest newspaper groups on a remote, permanent basis. The successful candidate will be joining the Ad Product team to work on the clients brand safety and contextual analysis project.
What they are looking for
Someone that has experience building scalable products and services on cloud platforms and integration these with customer systems, happy to work on your own initiative, yet at the same time play an important role in ensuring the success of the team.
Ownership and communication are also key. The client is looking for people who care deeply about the code they write while at the same time are able to bridge the gap between the technical and business areas of the company effectively.
The client needs people with solid experience and understanding of product and services development, from initial design, through iterative development cycles, tuning for performance and scalability, and pre- and post-sales support integrating with customer platforms.
Their tech stack includes:
- Core product built on IBM Cloud, using Cloud Foundry, Postgres database services, Watson NLU and Visual Recognition, Cloud Object Storage, Cloud Functions, Kafka streams, DevOps Toolchains, Akamai CDN
- Node.js – for REST service APIs and interactive UI (using Vue.js)
- Platform monitoring and alerting with Sysdig and LogDNA
- Integration with news products on AWS platform (using S3, Lambda functions, DynamoDB/Kinesis streams, Postgrad database service, CloudFormation)
Other things they would like to see:
- Unit and integration testing experience (TDD and BDD even better)
- Application performance monitoring and optimisation
- Integration of 3rd party components and services
- Experience with NoSql databases and caches (e.g. Redis)
- Familiarity with microservices architectures, containers and stream processing
- Any experience with other programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, Python)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days and bank holidays
- Pension plan
- Bonus scheme
- Company cycle/car/purchase schemes
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Web Developer to work for a renowned publishing client on a remote, permanent basis. You will be part of the Ad Product team, working closely with the wider product and engineering teams, building, and maintaining the systems which deliver advertising and other commercial components across a range of digital products.
We are looking for someone with solid experience and understanding of web development (Frontend UX and deeper application development) and ad tech. The tech stack includes:
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Grunt, SASS, Babel, Pug, NPM
- Mocha, Karma, Chai, Sinon, Nightwatch, Jest
- Drone CI, Docker
- AWS platform (S3, Lambda, ECS, Fargate, CloudFormation…)
- Google Ad Manager (formerly Doubleclick for Publishers, DfP)
- Wider Google platform (Tag Manager, Analytics, Data Studio, BigQuery…)
- Escenic Java-based CMS
Other things we’d like to see
- Unit and integration testing experience (TDD and BDD even better)
- Web application performance monitoring and optimisation
- A good understanding of ad serving concepts and ecosystem
- Use of Ad Manager/DfP – via the publisher console and API’s, template and wrapper code
- Integration of 3rd party components and services
- Capture and use of data to inform product development (Web Analytics, Real User Monitoring, A/B and Multivariate testing, Ad Manager reporting tools, etc)
- Exposure to near real-time; creation of reporting and data visualisation tools
- An experience with other programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, Python)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days + 8 bank holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Company cycle / car / computer purchase scheme
Endeavour has an exciting contract opportunity for a Dutch speaking Data Engineer, to work with a client, based in Belgium, for 6 months
The successful Data Engineer will be part of a project aiming to make the world’s largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely.
Our client is looking for a bilingual English/Dutch Data Engineer, with the following skills and experience:
- Python development experience
- Pyspark Data Processing
- Experience with workflow management and data load job scheduling (Airflow or other DAG based data pipelines orchestrators)
- Development of data pipelines
- Knowledge of Cloud services (preferably AWS)
- Knowledge of developing in an Agile environment.
- Fluent in English and Dutch
Please, get in touch ASAP to discuss in further details, or send us your CV to be considered for this fantastic contract opportunity!
Are you looking for a new career opportunity, to start in 2020?
Are you a skilled and enthusiastic engineer with Web development experience?
Are you passionate about Cloud technologies?
Do you have an interest for Digital marketing?
If the answer is yes, then this new opportunity could be just for you!
Endeavour is looking for a keen Software Engineer to join our client from the telecommunications sector, based in Buckinghamshire and work in Web development.
This permanent role would suit a software engineer who would enjoy a mixed role - both supporting our client’s website and digital marketing initiatives.
The successful Web Development Engineer will be working with engineering teams building converged cloud communications applications.
- degree in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline.
- Up to 2 years’ experience is desirable, although a more recent graduate with an excellent degree will certainly be considered.
- System administration and software development on Linux and Windows
- Knowledge of Web Security
- Virtualisation (AWS EC2, VMWare)
- Database programming (MySQL, SQL Server)
- Web Services/REST APIs & Cloud Based Applications
- Understanding of TCP/IP and networking
- Webpage design
Please send us your CV and get in touch ASAP, for further details about this exciting opportunity to join an established client with Global scope.
Endeavour Recruitment are seeking a Junior Support Engineer to join our client based in Leeds. You will test and validate software releases and provide technical support for their systems.
You will ideally have worked in a support/developer role previously, and have the following experience –
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Software Development/Scripting experience – ideally Bash, Python, and/or PowerShell
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Python, AWS, and/or Azure would be beneficial
Please apply asap to be considered for this Junior Support Engineer role.
Endeavour has an exciting opportunity for a Full Stack Developer to work with a renowned client on a permanent basis in the heart of Stockholm, Sweden. This client does not fit into a single box, their company entails payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking, creating a unique opening for the successful candidate.
Relocation support is provided
· Helping to build a unique solution for the company to align to PSD2 requirements in the EU, that would serve millions of customers around the world
· Identifying and authenticating millions of active users every month
· Working in small, highly collaborative Agile team
· Focus on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation
Some of the technologies you would be working with
· Identify and access management
· Web and app security experience
· Authentication & Authorization
· Device linking and signatures
· Secure user sign in, sign up and access control
· Web experience
· React / React Native
· BS degree in Computer Science or related technical fields, or equivalent practical experience
· Experience with API development, user interfaces and product development
· Passion for writing clean and testable code
· Successfully applied Agile/XP practices (Pairing, TDD/BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)
· Willingness to learn new technologies and move between different tech stacks
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply with your CV in English
Do you have a passion for software and technology?
Are you a dedicated provider of Customer Service solutions?
Endeavour is looking for an experienced Technical Support Analyst to join our client's team in their Central London office ASAP.
Our client is a fast growing company, providing leading SaaS platform for automating government services.
The successful Technical Support Analyst will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and used to work with large amount of information.
Your role will involve providing quality product and technical solutions to help customers realize their goals utilizing our client's products and services as well as liaising with Technical Consultants and making sure all the queries are resolved.
- Previous experience in a SaaS Technical Support role
- Excellent customer service skills - the ability to communicate clearly and concisely while also empathetic, accurate, compassionate, resourceful and conscientious
- Ability to evaluate, troubleshoot and follow-up on customer issues; replicate and document issues for further escalation
- Experience with third line (development) support and bug fixing; excellent problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to be organised, work with large amount of information and prioritise tasks
If you are an experienced Technical Support Analyst wanting to join a fast growing and positive company, then get in touch for further details ASAP!
Our Client is looking for a Software Team Lead with strong technical and people skills to lead a team of Software Developers.
The role is based in our Clients Brighton Office and paying a salary of £50,000.
You will own the development roadmap, develop project plans and resource projects, manage, mentor and coach the team, and ensure high standards of software quality.
You must have previous experience with hands on software development and a passion for technology.
Our client uses the following technologies, you aren’t expected to know all of them, but firm experience coding with some of them would be beneficial.
• .Net / MVC
• REST / SOAP
• MS SQL Server or MS SQL
• PHP Frameworks, Symfony, Zend, MVC
• Version Control using GitHub or SVN
• AWS or other Cloud Infrastructure
• Mobile platforms / applications.
For further information regarding this exciting opportunity, please don’t hesitate to apply.