Endeavour has an immediate start contract opportunity for an AWS API Engineer to join a financial client based in Sweden, initially till January 2023, with extensions thereafter.
This is an onsite role.
As an AWS API Engineer on the Amazon API Gateway team, you need to be passionate about API creation and backend development. In line with the key tenets of AWS, you’ll be focused on scalability, reliability, and security for custom built APIs
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS API gateways
- Very good understanding about securing cloud native applications
- Solid knowledge about Oauth2, Basic authentication, OIDC, JWT concepts
- Good understanding in Proxy, Reverse/Forward Proxy concepts
- Good understanding in Kubernetes & Kafka
- Good knowledge of important security guidelines like sql-injection, xss, csrf etc.
- Excellent knowledge about scalable and highly-available Restful APIs.
- Working knowledge of contemporary approach to monitoring, log aggregation, alerting etc.
- Experience with implementing end-end monitoring and tools for APIs, ELK
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- Experience in following best Coding, Security, Unit testing and Documentation standards and practices
- Experience in Banking/Financial domain is highly desired
Please send us your CV or get in touch for further details ASAP.
Endeavour Recruitment has a not to be missed permanent opportunity for an experience DevOps Engineer.
Excellent career and financial prospects!
Cape Town or Johannesburg based
As the DevOps Engineer you will be working in an agile environment alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of developers and operational staff.
You will take full responsibility for the uptime, performance, security and deployment of the entire web and development environment.
Fast- paced environment where efficiency is a priority and multi-tasking is a requirement.
You will be instrumental in being part of the transition from a traditional hosted environment to a fully cloud hosted environment with containerisation and serverless on the horizon.
This position is demanding yet very rewarding. If you can visualise the future and drive progress to move towards it, this position is made for you!
- Focus will be on delivering solutions in Azure, AWS and GCP while automating deployment, system maintenance, and keeping the platforms monitored and stable.
- Working in collaboration with the operations team.
- Architect and manage Azure infrastructure.
- Manage AWS and GCP infrastructure.
- Manage security.
- Manage CDN services.
- Implement and oversee secure practices in hosting and the SDLC process.
- Manage backup and disaster recovery.
- Manage infrastructure and licencing budgets.
- Automate deployment, monitoring, response, backup, and recovery procedures.
- Modernize legacy infrastructure to take advantage of Azure capability.
- Collaborate with architects to deliver solutions that are both cost efficient and highly scalable.
- Continuous scalability and cost optimisation.
- Documentation of all infrastructure and procedures.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of IIS, nGinx, ElasticSearch, Redis, MySQL, MS SQL.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Be available after hours to attend to critical outages and planned changes.
Skills and competence:
- Proven track record of designing, implementing, and supporting high scale services.
- Ability to match business needs with smart solutions to meet scalability and costing needs.
- Ability to constructively lead others and by so doing raise team performance.
- An excellent communicator both verbally and written.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to absorb pressure in stressful situations.
- Broad cloud knowledge, staying abreast of all tech trends.
- Flexible about working with a wide range of technologies.
Qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in managing and building scalable infrastructure.
- 5+ years’ hands-on DevOps experience
- 3+ years’ experience in working in agile teams.
- Software related degree/diploma
- Preferred certifications: Microsoft Azure Architect Design / Technologies, Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions and Security Technologies
- Hands on experience with the following:
- Architectural and strategic input
- Cost calculations and budgeting for forecasts and planning
- Documentation for both knowledge sharing and auditing needs
- Virtual Networking
- Secure practices
- MS SQL
- Infrastructure as code
- Serverless architecture
Does the above match your experience and expectations? If so, please get in touch asap. We look forward to receiving your cv!
Excellent long term contract opportunity for an Amazon AWS Cloud solutions engineer to help maintain, troubleshoot the infrastructure and provide support to internal cloud-based tools.
You will be part of a talented and multilingual team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security for a Leading European Organisation.
Service4Developers is the entry point of autonomous Cloud sandbox development environment.
PublicCloud will be a highly automated Cloud Hosting solution based on WildFly/PostgreSQL.
Qualified engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
At least 3 year professional experience within large-scale Data Centre environments
At least 6 months of professional experience on cloud environments
Create and maintain AWS stacks.
Monitoring tooling performance and production jobs
Troubleshoot end-user incidents on infrastructure level only
Receiving, logging and managing requests from customers via ticketing
Maintain and amend procedures
Participate in meetings and training related to the position
Liaise with other technical teams for problem resolution
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
AWS Cloud experience, certification is appreciated
Proven working experience with UNIX /Linux based environments
A knowledge in the following domain would be considered as an asset (level 1):
Basic to advanced networking principles (e.g: NACL, routing)
ORACLE Database and SQL knowledge
Scripting skills (e.g., powershell, Python)
ITSM Tools knowledge (SMT, BMC Atrium, Patrol, Proactive Net …)
Experience with a monitoring system
Kubernetes and tools around k8s ecosystem
DevOps, GitOps principles
A knowledge in the following domain would be considered as nice to have
Artefact store knowledge (Nexus)
Monitoring Dynatrace, Pandora
English fluent is mandatory (speaking & writing), French is an asset
First IT Service Desk/IT Support experience
You are able to work in shifts (8 AM – 8 PM)
Please get in touch for further details.
Calling for Software developers!
Endeavour has a fantastic career opportunity for a Software Developer to join our Multinational Software Manufacturer client, based in Buckinghamshire.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Software Developer with excellent inter-personal skills to join their development team in Milton Keynes, responsible for maintaining their Cloud and Communications Platform-as-a-Service.
Your role as a Software Developer in the team will cover a variety of tasks including programming, system administration, development of back-end services, designing APIs and SDKs for a variety of platforms and languages and maintenance of a resilient distributed system.
- Proficient in at least one programming language, ideally, Python
- Good degree in software (computer science or related subject)
- A good knowledge of Linux, shell scripts and system administration;
- Working knowledge of IP protocols, networking;
- Bright, motivated, analytical, quick to learn;
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Familiarity with AWS services
- Awareness of security in distributed systems;
- Knowledge of real-time and telecommunications media processing;
- Understanding of distributed systems, redis and multi-threading.
Apply ASAP or get in touch for further details on this exciting opportunity!
AWS DevOps Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for an AWS DevOps Engineer to join our client, a world leader in with bookings / transfer solutions.
The role is fully remote, occasional visits to the office will be required.
We are looking for someone to take ownership of the AWS Environments. Working alongside the senior management team to develop and grow your role.
You will love working in a fast-paced organisation where technology is central to everything we do. Working alongside passionate and innovative people your key areas of responsibilities will be:
Maintaining current AWS workloads in multiple environments.
Designing, deploying, and maintaining new infrastructure based on application requirements.
Communicating with management, developers third party technology providers.
Reviewing security practices regularly and implementing any required changes.
Driving infrastructure improvements and migrations to new services and technologies.
Planning and leading maintenance schedules and windows.
Support and identify faults both in and out of hours.
Reviewing costs and budgets for infrastructure in all environments.
Skills & Experience
You will have experience working with and maintaining highly available AWS workloads in a productionised environment using many of the following services: EC2 Autoscaling, RDS, DynamoDB, API Gateway, CloudFront, WAF, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, VPC, S3, Route 53, IAM.
We are also looking for the successful candidate to have proficiency in:
Server configuration with Ansible.
Infrastructure provisioning with CloudFormation.
Working with Linux and Windows Server.
Maintaining a CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins
CLI scripting i.e. Bash or Python.
PHP, Python and Node.js
Consul and Vault
Highly Available RabbitMQ
Windows Server, SQL Server & Active Directory
Redshift and Grafana
Working with monolithic applications
Future direction to breakdown services & micro services, containerisation etc etc.
Serverless stacks and event driven architecture
For further information regarding this exciting opportunity, please don’t hesitate to apply.
0044 (0) 2380 456 517
For all of our latest vacancies, please visit: http://www.endeavourrecruitment.com/candidates
This electronic message contains information from Endeavour Recruitment, which may be privileged and confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or the entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email to the contact details above.
Registered Proprietor: Endeavour Recruitment Solutions Limited, Registered in England No. 08345034.
Endeavour Recruitment has an opportunity for a Devops Engineer to join our client’s fast-growing Information Technology and Services company, specializing in the SMME market.
This is a Perm role, and we are open to all candidates who are willing to relocate to Cape Town, South Africa, as this work placement is onsite.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Devops Engineer who has experience with Azure, Linux, Jenkins, Ansible, Kubernetes and AWS. You will be working with and managing/mentoring a strong team, leading the team to produce the best possible outcome for the company.
The devops engineer will provide our client with devops support and services as seen fit by the company involved.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assist with setting up IT and development environments for the developers on new and existing projects through an agile approach incorporating scrum techniques.
• Assist with making recommendations and executing improvements/optimization of the development environments.
• The above will be done in all phases of the projects be they development, staging or live environments.
• Going forward assist with ongoing services to clients in a devops as a service capacity.
• Maintain relevant live environments to ensure applications run optimally.
• Troubleshoot application issues and devise an approach to fixing them.
• Make use of relevant in-house applications of customers to facilitate the work placement.
• Constant communication with all relevant parties on projects, maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
You will be working with technologies like Azure, Linux based, Jenkins, CI/CD, Ansible,Kubernetes, AWS etc.
Our requires two profiles, one Azure heavy and one AWS heavy.
Please send your CV or get in touch for further details as soon as possible for this career building opportunity.
- You will be responsible for the deployment of updates and fixes.
- You will provide Level 2 technical support and build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience.
- As part of this role you will develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems, perform root cause analysis for production errors and investigate and resolve technical issues.
- You will develop scripts to automate visualization and design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- GitHub, you should have great knowledge of bash.
Our Globally renowned Client has a need for an AWS Architect with Vendor Management / Governance experience to join the London based team.
This is a global role dealing with teams across Europe, America and India.
As the AWS Architect, you will be involved with Vendor Management and Governance.
The role is part remote / part onsite in the London office.
Work is carried out by multiple vendors and there are 15 Development Teams; each vendor has an architect. We need an internal Architect to oversee the Vendors Architects, governance, work recommendations, AWS and to manage the spend.
The role also included a £4,500 London excess, Company Car, Health Car, Pension and 28 days holiday.
- Manage, facilitate, and drive the Technical Architecture Board. Participate in and review solution and infrastructure architectural discussions and decisions with the various vendors on the platform
- Act as a focal point of for all security related matters by interfacing with Nissan InfoSec teams, business owners and implementation vendors
- Oversee Nissan teams and 3rd party suppliers through the complete lifecycle to deliver solutions which are secured, supportable and scalable. Collaborate and work with Technical Delivery Managers as required.
- Act as Hosting and Infrastructure Product Owner to make recommendations that balance operational performance and strategic activities
Key Tasks Defined
- Coordinate architectural input with the main implementation vendors and develop documentation for ratification in the review boards
- Manage security architecture reviews, run security incident management responses, provide assistance during audits and facilitate penetration tests when required
- Participate in daily stand-ups manage by suppliers and facilitate internal stand-ups
- Review AWS usage and keep track of spending. Find and implement hosting cost reduction
Skills and Attributes Required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can-do attitude and the ability to work independently and prioritize work with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excited about working on a team of highly diverse, technical and non-technical , all aiming for the same goal and mutually supportive of each other
Qualifications or Knowledge Required
- 3+ years of proven experience managing or delivering technical solutions ideally involving part of the technology components list like AWS (EC2, S3, EBS, Cloudfront etc.), Apigee, Adobe Experience Manager, Tomcat servers
- Good understanding of AWS cloud technologies. Relevant AWS Certification recommended.
- Understanding of Information Security concepts and importance of cyber security in modern day organisations. Relevant certification is a plus.
- Comfortable working with JIRA, Confluence and other Atlassian tools
- Project and stakeholder management skills
This is not an exhaustive list and you are required to be flexible in your approach to carrying out your duties which may change from time to time to reflect changes in the Company’s approach to a culture of continuous improvement.
For further information regarding this exciting opportunity, please apply and we will be in contact.
Calling for experienced PHP Developers!
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join a rapidly expanding, established travel
business. As the company scales up, our client is looking for talented senior software engineers
to join their team.
This position will be remote (but you can work from Manchester office if convenient)
Our client is looking for an experienced PHP developer who has managed applications
running in AWS.
The successful PHP developer will be working remotely as part of an in-house Dev team, reporting to the Lead Developer;
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop and enhance bespoke PHP applications, web services and APIs.
• Implement web service integrations with third parties.
• Contribute to the Technology Architecture.
• Utilise the AWS platform to supercharge the eCommerce platform
• Ensure the AWS infrastructure enables the applications to scale
• Ensure your code is secure and efficient and that it will meet capacity demands.
• Follow Development best practices to design, plan, develop and ship good code (agile process is centered around sprint planning, fortnightly sprints, retrospectives)
• Contribute ideas to progress and increase the success of the business.
• Take responsibility for delivering your projects in a timely manner.
• Enjoy communicating plans and progress clearly via Teams and Jira
• Strong knowledge and experience working with modern object-oriented PHP using
MVC frameworks such as Symfony or Yii.
• Designed, implemented and supported production applications on AWS
infrastructure. Great if you have your AWS Certified Solutions Architect cert.
• Strong database design skills (MySQL) and the ability to perform optimisation and
• Experience using Git as a version control system in a team context.
• Familiarity with modern frontend technologies like HTML5, CSS3, ES6, React.js
• Knowledge of some or all tools and methods such as Composer, Redis, Elasticache,
Continuous Integration, TDD, Atlassian Suite.
• The ability to contribute high quality code and contribute to peer reviews offering
constructive feedback on code style, naming and design.
• Strong teamwork and communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
• Strong knowledge of web performance optimisation and caching.
• Great problem solving and organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
• Experience writing clear specifications from gathered requirements and breaking
down projects into simple tasks that can be delegated to keep all business priorities
Get in touch or apply and send your CV ASAP for this not-to-be missed opportunity!