We are looking for a Database Administrator or Database Developer, who can demonstrate experience with Mongo DB and SQL server databases, to join an innovative and leading financial services client, working with the retail sector, based in beautiful Vienna
The successful candidate will work as part of global team of database administrators and will be responsible for managing and administering more than 600 databases on more than 140 servers. To succeed in this position you should possess an expert level knowledge of MongoDB as well as experience administering MS SQL server (2005-2017).
- MongoDB and MS SQL server administration
- Backup administration: Backup and restore MongoDB database within different servers
- Security Administration: User management, security hardening and auditing.
- Performance Management
- Redundancy and High Availability Planning and Design, Disaster Recovery (SHARDIng, Replication, SQL Cluster Administration, Mirroring, Availability Group).
- Mongo DB and MS SQL monitoring and performance tuning using Mongo DB management console, SQL profiler, Perfmon, and Extended events.
- Development Team Support and Advisory
- Checking for installed SQL server version and install required updates and patches
- Troubleshooting, optimizing and configuring SQL Server database servers for performance and availability.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Min. Bachelor´s degree from a recognized and accredited University or equivalent qualification, skills, certification or working experience
- Min. 3 years of experience as Database Developer or Database Administrator with focus on MongoDB and SQL server databases
- Experience with administering, installing and configuring Mongo DB – is mandatory!
- Experience with MS SQL server (2005-2017)
- Experience with other databases is advantage: Oracle, MySQL, Progress, Pervasive (SQL)
- Working experience with data migration and integration, SSIS/SSRS/SSAS deployment and development
- Working experience with SQL server Cluster, Mirroring and Availability Group
- Experience with SQL server replication technologies
- Knowledge on capacity management and maintenance of transaction log files
- Knowledge of developing and optimizing advanced SQL/TSQL queries
- Experience with JSON, PowerShell and/or Python – desired
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Great self-organizational skills and autonomy, able to work in a virtual/global and multi-cultural team and able to work effectively and efficiently under stress
- Result-oriented with affinity towards precision and quality.
- Willingness to work on stand-by (approximately 10 hours per months) plus weekend activity from time to time
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply with your CV
Endeavour Recruitment is looking for an Oracle Developer to join their rapidly-growing financial client. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a small but established company, who have an excellent reputation and clients based in the UK, USA and Asia. This is a permanent position, based in a historical and picturesque area near Oxford, with a company offering a competitive salary
As an Oracle Developer, you will be responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, development and operation of Oracle databases, including troubleshooting, 3rd line support and performance testing.
- Development – your main responsibility will be to add resource to the existing development team in the coding of new applications and in maintaining existing products
- Support – on occasion you will be required to assist the support desk in solving user queries
- Testing – a key responsibility will be to create and conduct an application testing program to improve the prototype products generated by the development team
- You will be required to liaise with stakeholders and work in a small Agile team
- 5+ years’ experience with Oracle – PL/SQL development, ideally covering 12c
- Database design, performance turning and optimisation
- Understanding, maintaining and enhancing existing code base
- Excellent communication
- University Degree
- Understanding of Asset Management/Investment management
- Knowledge/experience in implementing advanced queuing
- Azure DevOps/TF/VSTS
- Competitive salary
- 10% performance related bonus
- 5 weeks holiday
- Basic pension, private medial care, childcare voucher scheme
If this excellent opportunity sounds of interest to you, please apply with your CV
Successful E-Commerce business in the Retail & Wholesale Market is looking for a competent C# Developer. As part of a small team you would be a key member in the success and progression of our clients’ E-commerce business. Experience with C# and .Net necessary, as is Excel, SQL or Oracle. Salary £35K to £40K DOE.
Situated in a rural location, that has appeal to many. Enjoy the boutiques, restaurants and ‘chocolate box’ scenery while still being only 90 minutes from London and a stones throw from the M4, M5 and M40.
- Work in a small company culture
- Be key member of the development team
- Holiday rising to 25 days
- Company Pension Scheme
- Option to work remotely
- Flexible working hours
- Training in New Technologies
- Progress to Management
- Increase Technical Knowledge
About the Role:
Primary responsibilities will be to work on new projects, some of which will be ‘mission critical’. On a day to day basis there will be maintenance of existing systems. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn new skills. If solving complex problems is of interest to you then this could be the role for you.
You will be expected:
- To produce structured code
- To take ownership of a task/project
- To Test work thoroughly and produce test plans when required
- To work with the team collaboratively
- To be creative, inspirational and proactive
Technical Skills Required:
- SQL (SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL)
- Excel Advanced User – Pivots & Lookups
- VB6 or VBA
- AWS &/or Azure
- Sage Integration
If you are looking for the next step on the career ladder, then please do not hesitate to apply, or contact us for more information.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for Senior Oracle Database Administrator to work for a large client in Brussels, Belgium. The duration of this role is 6 months and the daily all-inclusive rate is €533 euros.
Role and Responsibilities:
- PL/SQL programming
- ERD realisation and validation (3NF modelling)
- Query tuning (xplain, trace)
- DB tuning (ASH, AWR, Advisor, DB parameters)
- Writing complex queries (also recursive queries and hierarchical queries)
- Architectural solution
- Security model (also GDPR)
- Data workflow analysis
- Provide high value technical solutions in Oracle for specific problems
- Test and Validation through proof of concept
- Assure daily DBA operational activities covering:
- Daily Monitoring
- Day to day DBA tasks (import/export, space management –TBS - ASM, problem solving, ACL, Schema management, security, session, promotion management, application migration to another database)
- Maintenance of monitoring tools
- DB installation and configuration
- Technical lead on DB upgrades and migration
- Be the first technical support in the scope of the projects and in operations
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- You have a master’s degree in computer science and at least 10 years of relevant experience as DBA and/or DB developer
- Administration of Oracle 11R2, 12R1 and 12R2.
- APEX 5 (Oracle express)
- SQL (Oracle style and sql ansi standard)
- Basic Linux knowledge + scripting
- Dynamic queries
- Links (db_link, Sqlloader, impdp, Sftp)
- Transaction validation (A.C.I.D.)
- Java in DB
- Scheduler Job
- Triggers (tables, system)
- Data security
- Data loading
Please get in touch for further details on this excellent, not to be missed contract opportunity!
Endeavour Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to start a contract in the Financial sector. This will run until March 2019, and is based in the Hague. Our client is looking to strengthen their engineer culture and carry out more in-house development, with continuous integration and delivery on the AWS and Azure Cloud.
- Will be a member of the DevOps, using SCRUM as a way of working;
- Will be responsible for Developing and Operating a system called ‘iRisk’, developed in Java, running on Windows Server, Oracle DB, IBM WebSphere utilizing IBM Cognos and IBM Open Pages modules;
- Will be responsible for the security and reliability of the application.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience; (HBO or university);
- Cloud expertise, preferably AWS certified or willing to certify;
- Windows Server;
- Oracle Server;
- IBM WebSphere;
- Tooling for Continuous Delivery and continuous Integration: GitLab, Artifactory.
- Like to improve our applications and take initiatives;
- Are a proactive, collaborating DevOps team member in an agile / scrum environment;
- Have excellent communication skills, both in written and spoken form (English and/or Dutch);
- Have a thorough understanding of the necessity of security management as a part of your work.
We have a new opportunity for an experienced Support Engineer to join our client in the banking sector based in Brussels, Belgium. This is a 6 month contract role and the all-inclusive daily rate for this role is €550 Euros.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Shell scripting
- SQL developer
Skills that are nice to have:
- Second line support on SBS solution
- Experience in the banking sector or payment
Please get in touch for further details on this excellent long term contract opportunity.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent long-term contract opportunity for a Second Line Support Engineer to join a client in the Banking sector based in Belgium.
Skills / experience :
3-5 years experience in the following :
- Scripting Shell
- SQL (Oracle)
Desirable skills :
The client uses IWS (IBM Workload Scheduler) so it is a nice to have
Knowledge of the Dutch language
Please get in touch for further details on this excellent long term contract opportunity.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for a C# Backend Developer to join our client based in Leicester.
Your main responsibility will be designing and implementing server-based applications.
Previous experience of working on Mission Critical Systems is essential, as well as industry experience in either Logistics, Automation, or Process Control.
Excellent rates on offer for the right candidate.
- Visual Studio
- SQL Server
- Linq Lambda Expressions
- TCP/IP Communication Protocols
- Systems Engineering
- Industry experience in Logistics, Automation, or Warehousing
If you are interested in this role, please apply with the most up to date version of your CV.
Excellent contract opportunity for a Technical Architect to join an International client in the Pharmaceutical sector on an initial 3-month contract with long-term extension.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of portal and workflow solutions, enterprise integration, SDLC technical standards & SDLC tools - configuration and management.
Relevant professional expertise:
(eg SAP (ERP, Basis, Netweaver, Portal) Master Data Management, Identity Access Management, Workflow/Case management, Portal/Content Management and Unified Communications) are desirable.
- Good technical knowledge of implementing portal and workflow solutions.
- Good technical knowledge of SDLC methodologies, technical standards and tools.
- Extensive working experience in delivering solutions following:
- Service Oriented Architecture principles.
- Enterprise integration patterns.
Experience in the following technologies:
- JDK 8/JEE 7
- JMS, JTA, JAX-RS
- Oracle Weblogic
- SPARX Enterprise Architect
If you have the above skills and looking for a new, exciting opportunity please apply.
Endeavour Recruitment has a new opportunity for an experienced Data Steward, this will be a long-term contract based in Luxembourg and will pay up to €700 per day depending on experience. We are looking for someone who speaks fluent French and is experienced with Oracle and SQL.
Your main responsibilities will be designing new datasets, establishing functional and technical dictionaries of the datasets, and setting up an automatic measurement of the quality of the data present in these new datasets.
Required Skills –
- Fluent in French
- 10 years’ experience in Business Intelligence
- Experience working in the Insurance industry
- Knowledge of databases in a business context
- Experience solving complex problems
- Project Management skills
- SAS Enterprise Guide
- SAS Visual Analytics
If you meet the required criteria please apply with a copy of your most up to date CV.