DevOps Co-Ordinator required for a contract position with a leading technology client based in Cork.
You will act as a Release Co-Ordinator, you will manage the process of planning, scheduling and controlling a software build through different stages and environments; including coordinating with the deployment teams to ensure successful implementation.
Our client is looking for a DevOps Co-Ordinator with excellent organisation and communication skills at all levels.
The successful DevOps Co-Ordinator will be responsible for:
- Preparing release builds in Java and Angular and build new projects before a release.
- Supporting multiple project teams and codebases to enable the deployment of application releases to controlled test and production environments.
- Verifying that releases are deployed correctly and monitor code migration between environments.
- Monitoring JIRA to track and maintain the status of all scheduled releases.
- Creating planned and emergency release builds and implementation plans.
- Providing team with issues and resolution steps taken during Monthly Enterprise release weekends.
- Working with Change Management to ensure Change Tickets (ServiceNow) are correct and have the required paperwork in place.
- Submitting release builds for monthly security scanning (Snyk and Checkmarx).
- Improving the process of building and deploying artefacts to test and production environments (automate builds and scans).
- Adhering to and promoting internal information security policies and procedures.
- Supporting software configuration management policies and procedures.
- Supporting intake of production support MBP JIRAs and incidents
- Working with BAs and development to provide LOEs for monthly release packages
- Working with BAs and development to improve the production support process
- Attending meetings with business to discuss the availability of resources for monthly packages
- Experience working with the following are essential:
- Git and Git branches
- Unix and/or Linux platforms
- Experience working with the following are desired but not essential:
- Experience in SDLC methodologies/software development/release/process and configuration management
- Experience in Java, Python and Angular programming desired but not essential
Send us your CV or get in touch for more info on this great contract opportunity!
Endeavour Recruitment has a not to be missed permanent opportunity for an experience DevOps Engineer.
Excellent career and financial prospects!
Cape Town or Johannesburg based
As the DevOps Engineer you will be working in an agile environment alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of developers and operational staff.
You will take full responsibility for the uptime, performance, security and deployment of the entire web and development environment.
Fast- paced environment where efficiency is a priority and multi-tasking is a requirement.
You will be instrumental in being part of the transition from a traditional hosted environment to a fully cloud hosted environment with containerisation and serverless on the horizon.
This position is demanding yet very rewarding. If you can visualise the future and drive progress to move towards it, this position is made for you!
- Focus will be on delivering solutions in Azure, AWS and GCP while automating deployment, system maintenance, and keeping the platforms monitored and stable.
- Working in collaboration with the operations team.
- Architect and manage Azure infrastructure.
- Manage AWS and GCP infrastructure.
- Manage security.
- Manage CDN services.
- Implement and oversee secure practices in hosting and the SDLC process.
- Manage backup and disaster recovery.
- Manage infrastructure and licencing budgets.
- Automate deployment, monitoring, response, backup, and recovery procedures.
- Modernize legacy infrastructure to take advantage of Azure capability.
- Collaborate with architects to deliver solutions that are both cost efficient and highly scalable.
- Continuous scalability and cost optimisation.
- Documentation of all infrastructure and procedures.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of IIS, nGinx, ElasticSearch, Redis, MySQL, MS SQL.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Be available after hours to attend to critical outages and planned changes.
Skills and competence:
- Proven track record of designing, implementing, and supporting high scale services.
- Ability to match business needs with smart solutions to meet scalability and costing needs.
- Ability to constructively lead others and by so doing raise team performance.
- An excellent communicator both verbally and written.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to absorb pressure in stressful situations.
- Broad cloud knowledge, staying abreast of all tech trends.
- Flexible about working with a wide range of technologies.
Qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in managing and building scalable infrastructure.
- 5+ years’ hands-on DevOps experience
- 3+ years’ experience in working in agile teams.
- Software related degree/diploma
- Preferred certifications: Microsoft Azure Architect Design / Technologies, Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions and Security Technologies
- Hands on experience with the following:
- Architectural and strategic input
- Cost calculations and budgeting for forecasts and planning
- Documentation for both knowledge sharing and auditing needs
- Virtual Networking
- Secure practices
- MS SQL
- Infrastructure as code
- Serverless architecture
Does the above match your experience and expectations? If so, please get in touch asap. We look forward to receiving your cv!
Excellent long term contract opportunity for an Amazon AWS Cloud solutions engineer to help maintain, troubleshoot the infrastructure and provide support to internal cloud-based tools.
You will be part of a talented and multilingual team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security for a Leading European Organisation.
Service4Developers is the entry point of autonomous Cloud sandbox development environment.
PublicCloud will be a highly automated Cloud Hosting solution based on WildFly/PostgreSQL.
Qualified engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
At least 3 year professional experience within large-scale Data Centre environments
At least 6 months of professional experience on cloud environments
Create and maintain AWS stacks.
Monitoring tooling performance and production jobs
Troubleshoot end-user incidents on infrastructure level only
Receiving, logging and managing requests from customers via ticketing
Maintain and amend procedures
Participate in meetings and training related to the position
Liaise with other technical teams for problem resolution
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
AWS Cloud experience, certification is appreciated
Proven working experience with UNIX /Linux based environments
A knowledge in the following domain would be considered as an asset (level 1):
Basic to advanced networking principles (e.g: NACL, routing)
ORACLE Database and SQL knowledge
Scripting skills (e.g., powershell, Python)
ITSM Tools knowledge (SMT, BMC Atrium, Patrol, Proactive Net …)
Experience with a monitoring system
Kubernetes and tools around k8s ecosystem
DevOps, GitOps principles
A knowledge in the following domain would be considered as nice to have
Artefact store knowledge (Nexus)
Monitoring Dynatrace, Pandora
English fluent is mandatory (speaking & writing), French is an asset
First IT Service Desk/IT Support experience
You are able to work in shifts (8 AM – 8 PM)
Please get in touch for further details.
We have an exciting opportunity for an PHP developer to join our client, a world leader in with bookings / transfer solutions.
The role can be fully remote, with occasional visits to the office required.
Our client is looking for PHP profiles with excellent organisation, time management and planning skills
The successful PHP developer will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and delivering flexible, high-performance web applications.
Your role will involve:
- Working within an Agile development environment.
- Having initiative and drive to research and promote new technologies.
- Anticipating, predicting and resolving problems before schedules are impacted.
- Solving problems independently and as part of a team.
- Maintaining and improving the existing code base; providing great technical insight and documentation.
- Helping identify new opportunities and improvements, playing an active role around input into design and functionality decisions
- Software development experience.
- Experience building and integrating APIs.
- Strong background or interest in delivering successful products/systems.
- Experience writing high-quality, solid code taking into account security, performance, resilience, scale and re-use when developing.
- Be comfortable writing automated tests for your code (PHPUnit/Behat/PHPSpec etc…).
- Devops mindset, particularly around automation.
- Comfortable on Linux command line.
This is a fantastic opportunity with an exciting company that offers the room to grow and expand technically and professionally.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role, then please do not hesitate to apply.
AWS DevOps Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for an AWS DevOps Engineer to join our client, a world leader in with bookings / transfer solutions.
The role is fully remote, occasional visits to the office will be required.
We are looking for someone to take ownership of the AWS Environments. Working alongside the senior management team to develop and grow your role.
You will love working in a fast-paced organisation where technology is central to everything we do. Working alongside passionate and innovative people your key areas of responsibilities will be:
Maintaining current AWS workloads in multiple environments.
Designing, deploying, and maintaining new infrastructure based on application requirements.
Communicating with management, developers third party technology providers.
Reviewing security practices regularly and implementing any required changes.
Driving infrastructure improvements and migrations to new services and technologies.
Planning and leading maintenance schedules and windows.
Support and identify faults both in and out of hours.
Reviewing costs and budgets for infrastructure in all environments.
Skills & Experience
You will have experience working with and maintaining highly available AWS workloads in a productionised environment using many of the following services: EC2 Autoscaling, RDS, DynamoDB, API Gateway, CloudFront, WAF, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, VPC, S3, Route 53, IAM.
We are also looking for the successful candidate to have proficiency in:
Server configuration with Ansible.
Infrastructure provisioning with CloudFormation.
Working with Linux and Windows Server.
Maintaining a CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins
CLI scripting i.e. Bash or Python.
PHP, Python and Node.js
Consul and Vault
Highly Available RabbitMQ
Windows Server, SQL Server & Active Directory
Redshift and Grafana
Working with monolithic applications
Future direction to breakdown services & micro services, containerisation etc etc.
Serverless stacks and event driven architecture
For further information regarding this exciting opportunity, please don’t hesitate to apply.
0044 (0) 2380 456 517
For all of our latest vacancies, please visit: http://www.endeavourrecruitment.com/candidates
This electronic message contains information from Endeavour Recruitment, which may be privileged and confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or the entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email to the contact details above.
Registered Proprietor: Endeavour Recruitment Solutions Limited, Registered in England No. 08345034.
Solution Architect / C# .Net, Azure
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled Solution Architect / Senior Architect / Lead Architect with strong Microsoft experience in C# .Net and Azure to join our client based in London.
This is an exciting ongoing project digitalizing and modernizing a Multi-Billion Pound organization and bringing them to the forefront of technology.
We are looking for someone that’s technically very strong, but also has a strong commercial acumen as well as the ability to lead a team and talk directly to board level executives, Client facing as well as overseeing an Indian Development team of 30 Developers.
Skills and experience:
• Solution Architecture
• Team Leadership
• Strategic Thinker
• .Net C#
• Integration technologies, middleware, service oriented architecture and API
• Cloud (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS)
• Experience of working with senior business stakeholders
Our client can provide sponsorship. Ideally they are looking for a permanent placement, but they will consider contractors.
For further details regarding this exciting permanent opportunity, please don’t hesitate to apply
Senior Golang Developer
- Building the team.
- Leading junior GoDev members.
- Implementation of the logic of the microserver’s new functional:
- API design
- Extend the API to specific methods in accordance with business features
- Implement data processing logic
- Write a nats handler for new messages
- Update data replicas
- Solid Golang development experience;
- At least 5+ years directly related software development experience;
- At least 4+ years experience with Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms;
- Advanced-expert experience with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL) and a deep understanding of database performance optimization;
- Strong knowledge of Docker.
- Basic understanding of DevOps tools and processes;
- Strong knowledge of goroutine and interface concepts;
- Knowledge of common Goroutine and channel patterns
- Experience with the full site of Go frameworks and tools, including:
- Dependency management tools such as Godep, Sltr, etc.
- Go’s templating language
- Go’s code generation tools, such as Stringer
- Popular Go web frameworks, such as Revel
- Router packages, such as Gorilla Mux
- Ability to write clean and effective Godoc comments
- Familiarity with code versioning tools
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks;
- Strong attention to detail.
- Passion for programming/coding;
- Composure, ability to focus on problem-solving tasks;
- Ability to work remotely;
- Level of English – intermediate and higher.
Endeavour Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Power Platform Engineer to join our established client with an annual turnover of £909 million. This is a permanent opportunity based in London.
This is a very exciting time to join an established high performing team and a multi-million programme of works for the future.
As part of an agile cross-functional team you’ll be producing productivity, accessibility and usability improvements using the Microsoft low code suite of applications like Power Apps, Power Automate and Virtual Assistants. Using Agile methodology, you will be delivering business improvements rapidly.
You will also work with other peripheral products including SharePoint and Dynamics in the context of automation and functionality for PowerPlatform.
The role requires an excellent understanding of Microsoft Power Platform, Dynamics 365 and Office 365. You will have experience of creating commercial business applications and automation using Microsoft Power Platform suite of products.
You will have technical experience and knowledge of the following:
- Development experience on the power platform (minimum 2 years)
- Experience of power automate and canvas/model driven app
- Experience of integration with SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, REST APIs
- Knowledge of Azure integration services (logicApps, Function Apps)
- Knowledge of DevOps technology (GIT, AzureDevOps, Docker, CI/CD pipelines)
- Experience of working with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience overseeing junior developers
- Background of working with databases and visualisation tools especially PowerBI
If you would like to join an organisation where you can bring real value and creativity please apply within.
Endeavour Recruitment has an opportunity for a Devops Engineer to join our client’s fast-growing Information Technology and Services company, specializing in the SMME market.
This is a Perm role, and we are open to all candidates who are willing to relocate to Cape Town, South Africa, as this work placement is onsite.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Devops Engineer who has experience with Azure, Linux, Jenkins, Ansible, Kubernetes and AWS. You will be working with and managing/mentoring a strong team, leading the team to produce the best possible outcome for the company.
The devops engineer will provide our client with devops support and services as seen fit by the company involved.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assist with setting up IT and development environments for the developers on new and existing projects through an agile approach incorporating scrum techniques.
• Assist with making recommendations and executing improvements/optimization of the development environments.
• The above will be done in all phases of the projects be they development, staging or live environments.
• Going forward assist with ongoing services to clients in a devops as a service capacity.
• Maintain relevant live environments to ensure applications run optimally.
• Troubleshoot application issues and devise an approach to fixing them.
• Make use of relevant in-house applications of customers to facilitate the work placement.
• Constant communication with all relevant parties on projects, maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
You will be working with technologies like Azure, Linux based, Jenkins, CI/CD, Ansible,Kubernetes, AWS etc.
Our requires two profiles, one Azure heavy and one AWS heavy.
Please send your CV or get in touch for further details as soon as possible for this career building opportunity.
- You will be responsible for the deployment of updates and fixes.
- You will provide Level 2 technical support and build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience.
- As part of this role you will develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems, perform root cause analysis for production errors and investigate and resolve technical issues.
- You will develop scripts to automate visualization and design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- GitHub, you should have great knowledge of bash.