Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to work for a financial client based in Anderlecht, Belgium. The selected DevOps Engineer is expected to have excellent knowledge of French and Dutch and have experience with Java to work with our client as a DevOps Engineer. It is essential that the DevOps Engineer chosen for the role can use middleware operations in CI/CD and is assesses risks and identifies critical service and system dependencies to fulfil their duties as a DevOps Engineer.
The duration of this role is initially until the end of 2019 and the all-inclusive hourly rate is €87.50 euros.
What is expected of the DevOps Engineer? - Role and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the project planning activities
- Designs and develops new/changed services to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Assesses risks and identifies critical service and system dependencies linked to the new/ change service requests
- Designs the release package and establishes the final release configuration, including knowledge, information, hardware, software and infrastructure
- Builds the release and provides support.
- Tests the release prior to independent testing and coordinates the integration and user acceptance test within scope of work/responsibility
- Establishes and reports outstanding known errors and workarounds
- Provides input to support change authorization and ensures all approvals are in place for standard changes
- Supports service deployment activities, either by deploying new modules and upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment or by making modules ready for production, which entails moving them according to specific procedures and documenting knowledge transfer
- Ensures day-to-day follow up of the different production flows for the applications portfolio and puts in place a communication mechanism to inform stakeholders on issues occurred during the night and Ensures all system and operating documentation and knowledge is up to date and properly utilised
What skills are required of you as an DevOps Engineer?
- Knowledge of Dutch AND French is mandatory
- Middleware operations in CI/CD
- Angular JS
- Angular 2
- Jboss, Tomcat, Jmosel, Liferay
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role as a DevOps Engineer, then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for a Lead Software Architect to work for a large client in Brussels, Belgium. The duration for this role is initially 6 months and the all-inclusive daily rate for this role is €722 euros.
Required skills and knowledge:
- Must have a university degree or equivalent in experience.
- 3 - 5 years direct experience in system design or software architecture, spanning backend systems, mobile apps and/or IoT. Working knowledge of programming styles and languages is required.
- Functional analysis skills, including gathering of functional and non-functional requirements and functional specifications, analysing their impact and producing supporting documentation.
- Well-versed with documenting complex systems; proficient in modelling languages such as UML or SysML.
- End-to-end software architecture design spanning all layers (including complex, large-scale and distributed systems), using proven styles and patterns where applicable.
- Hands-on experience with SOAP, REST, layered, event-driven and (micro)service architectures.
- Experience with code analysis, complexity and dependency analysis.
- A solid understanding of software security essentials.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies, techniques and tools.
- An analytical approach and attitude, with an eye for detail, yet able to maintain the oversight of the overall architecture.
- Experience with agile methods and DevOps.
- Ability to articulate the relationship between business strategy and technology strategy.
- Continuously staying up to date on new technologies, trends and architectural patterns, and evaluating their implications.
- Strong project management skills and high performance ensuring agile delivery of complex solutions complying with high quality standards.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with Domain-Driven Design (DDD).
- Experience with regulated environments (GxP, HIPAA).
- French and/or Dutch speaking is an asset.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
Endeavour has a “not-to-be missed” career opportunity for a seasoned Technology expert to join a well-established client, who is a leading provider of customer service solutions for the Public Sector, based in London.
Required skills/ experience:
- 5+ years of solid industry experience, preferably with at least 3 in an architecture role
- Experience working with geographically diverse teams
- Experience working with outsourced development teams
- Experience working with SaaS products
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Exceptional technical knowledge across the board, with experience with AWS, microservice architectures, DevOps/SysOps, networking,
- Exceptional knowledge of web security principles
If this sounds like your next career move, please get in touch ASAP for further details
Endeavour Recruitment is looking for an Oracle Developer to join their rapidly-growing financial client. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a small but established company, who have an excellent reputation and clients based in the UK, USA and Asia. This is a permanent position, based in a historical and picturesque area near Oxford, with a company offering a competitive salary
As an Oracle Developer, you will be responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, development and operation of Oracle databases, including troubleshooting, 3rd line support and performance testing.
- Development – your main responsibility will be to add resource to the existing development team in the coding of new applications and in maintaining existing products
- Support – on occasion you will be required to assist the support desk in solving user queries
- Testing – a key responsibility will be to create and conduct an application testing program to improve the prototype products generated by the development team
- You will be required to liaise with stakeholders and work in a small Agile team
- 5+ years’ experience with Oracle – PL/SQL development, ideally covering 12c
- Database design, performance turning and optimisation
- Understanding, maintaining and enhancing existing code base
- Excellent communication
- University Degree
- Understanding of Asset Management/Investment management
- Knowledge/experience in implementing advanced queuing
- Azure DevOps/TF/VSTS
- Competitive salary
- 10% performance related bonus
- 5 weeks holiday
- Basic pension, private medial care, childcare voucher scheme
If this excellent opportunity sounds of interest to you, please apply with your CV
Endeavour Recruitment is looking for a Tech Lead Java Developer to join their client for a project building back-end solutions and working with system integration, based on micro services architecture. This is a contract based in Stockholm, for someone to start immediately with an end date of 30/06/2019, strong possibility of extension.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving technical vision within the development team, and working closely with developers to implement it
- Working closely with the Architect team and other key stakeholders
- Leading the team in technical matters, in collaboration with the Scrum Master and Team Manager
- Ensuring that Best Practices are applied in the team’s Development and Maintenance methodology
- 10+ years’ experience with Java
- Experience working as Tech Lead/Lead Developer/System Architect/Lead Designer/Engineering Manager etc.
- Experience with RESTFul APIs, Spring Framework and micro services
- DevOps and Open Shift experience desirable
- Experience setting up a Maintenance Team is beneficial
- Previous experience working in the Finance industry is advantageous
- Swedish and English Fluent
If this role would be of interest to you, please apply with your CV.
- Work in a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications for a well-defined set of applications and customer communities.
- Ensures end-to-end responsibility for the application portfolio.
- Participate in the project planning activities
- Design and develop new/changed services to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Assesses risks and identify critical service and system dependencies linked to the new / change service requests
- Design the release package and establishes the final release configuration, including knowledge, information, hardware, software and infrastructure
- Build the release
- Test the release prior to independent testing and coordinate the integration and user acceptance tests within scope of work/responsibility
- Establish and report outstanding known errors and workarounds
- Provides input to support change authorisation and ensures all approvals are in place for standard changes
- Support service deployment activities, either by deploying new modules and upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment or by making modules ready for production, which entails moving them according to specific procedures and documenting knowledge transfer
- Provide support for the deployed service and lead the resolution of incidents and problems (L2 / L3 support)
- Ensure day-to-day follow up of the different production flows for the applications portfolio and put in place a communication mechanism to inform stakeholders on issues occurred during the night
- Ensure all system and operating documentation and knowledge is up to date and properly utilise
- Drive improvements to processes and identify opportunities for automation to continuously improve the production environment
NEW ROLE APRIL 2019
Endeavour Recruitment has an exciting new opportunity for a DevOps Engineer for a contract in Vienna. Deep knowledge of DevOps and related tools essential. Good knowledge of Java and SQL and working in an Agile environment. This is initially a 12 month contract with a further 12 month renewal anticipated, offering a rate of €60EUR per hour.
The beautiful city of Vienna has recently been ranked as the most liveable city in the world. This role will provide the opportunity for somebody to live and work in Vienna. Fluent English is essential and German is advantageous.
- Providing an efficient delivery pipeline, covering build, deployment and test automation as well as provisioning of infrastructure components on premise and in cloud infrastructures
- Devise concepts, evaluate tools & technologies to set up a delivery pipeline infrastructure
- Support developers, testers and operations to automate every aspect of the delivery pipeline
- Ensure efficient management in development, test and production environments
- Devise and enforce policies for developers, testers and operations that guarantee a stable delivery pipeline
- Establish solutions for logging and effective monitoring
- Work as part of an agile delivery team (Scrum)
- Degree in Computer Science/related subject or significant work experience
- Deep Knowledge of DevOps methods and related tools
- Unix / Linux
- Cloud / Virtualization / Containers
- Shell Scripting
- Agile – Scrum and Kanban
- Confluence and Jira
- Fluent English – Excellent Communication Skills
- German is advantageous
If you are an experienced DevOps Engineer with a passion for technology looking for a new and exciting opportunity, then please do not hesitate to apply!
Endeavour Recruitment has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Solution Architect. There are three contracts available. French speaking is not essential but advantageous. At least 10 years’ experience as a Solution Architect is essential. Excellent rate of €550-€600 EUR per day.
The technical skills required for this role are:
- Web Architecture: Angular, Ionic, Apache Camel, Portal Architecture, Authentication/authorisation protocols (OpenID Connect, OAuth2)
- Middleware Technologies (ESB API Gateway)
- PaaS Technologies
- RDBMS and NoSQL, HDFS
- Network Knowledge: LANs, Firewall and Filtering policies
- Modelling Techniques: UML, Archimate in Enterprise Architect Tool
- Agile including Scaled Agile Framework such as SAFe and DevOps
- Experience with Offshore Development
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability and willingness to learn new information quickly
If you believe you have the right experience and previous track record to successfully deliver in this role, then please apply quickly in order to be shortlisted.
Looking to join a world leader in technology?
We have a fantastic long term contract opportunity for a Java Backend Engineer to join an exciting project on a 12 month + contract based in Belgium. Excellent career prospects!
Candidates must hold a Master’s degree in a relevant scientific field, be fluent in English, and have the following skills and experience.
Skills and experience :
- 4+ years of back-end development experience
- Java EE, Spring
- RESTful services
- Big Data tools and technologies such as
- Hadoop, Spark
- Redis, Cassandra
Excellent coding, reviewing and testing skills
Experience with continuous integration tools
- Experience in fraud detection (in any industry: gaming, banking, insurance…)
- Experience in data analytics and machine learning
- Experience in DevOps
- Cloud computing: AWS, Google Cloud
- Data analytics: R, KNIME, WEKA, FICO, TensorFlow
- Programming: Scala, Haskell
Please get in touch for further details. Looking forward to your application!