Endeavour is looking for an experienced Information System Architect to join our reputable client in the financial sector, based in Brussels, for an initial contract till the end of the year.
If you have proven experience in large-size application development of highly resilient systems, and more specifically in dealing with cyber security impacts on large IT driven organization, we definitely want to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will also have a clear understanding of an heterogeneous application landscape, design, development and operations.
French or Dutch speaking would be beneficial for this position.
Required skills and experience :
• Multi-Factor Authentication concepts, solutions, application impacts, roll-out strategies.
• Network Zoning concepts, solutions, application impacts, roll-out strategies.
• Internet Access Segregation concepts, solutions, application impacts.
• Access Management (role-based, privileged) concepts, solutions, application impacts, roll-out strategies.
• Application Protection (through WAF) concepts, solutions, application impacts.
• Secure Development Lifecycle concept & processes (incl. in an outsourcing context).
• Cloud Security Strategy concepts, solutions, application impacts.
• IT asset management & inventory in support of the cyber-resilience processes.
• Knowledge in key technology stacks : IBM mainframe (DB2, Cobol, PLI, CICS), HP Tandem and distributed (Linux, Windows).
• You are able to steer design & development teams.
• You have good analytical skills.
• You can abstract generic/transversal solutions for individual problems.
• You can address problems globally but are also able to go into details when required.
• You demonstrate good communication and negotiation skills.
• You speak/write English fluently (French or Dutch is an asset).
• You have the ability to drive and work with a virtual team.
• You are meticulous in your work.
Please, get in touch for further details on this exciting contract opportunity!
Calling for an experienced System Engineer to join our reputable client in the financial sector, based in lovely Brussels, for an initial contract till the end of the year!
As an IT System Engineer, you will join the Enterprise System Management team. The team is in charge of the products infrastructure supporting the ITIL processes such as incident & problem management, asset management, capacity management.
The team is also responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the monitoring infrastructure in a very large high-availability environment ( 15000 agents, 500K-800K events/month, 12000 tickets/month) covering +/- 3000 servers (Windows, Linux, AIX, Solaris) spread into 3 data centers across Europe and provide automatic and real-time alerting to support teams.
It also includes monitoring of several mainframes, links with network monitoring tools, performance and capacity monitoring system and HP Non stop servers. These solutions are then critical for business and support teams.
French or Dutch speaking would be beneficial for this position.
You will be involved in the following tasks:
- Participate on the support of our monitoring or ITIL products infrastructure. All in accordance with security policies and guidelines:
- Interview a broad variety of stakeholders (e.g. network engineers, systems engineers, storage engineers, DBAs, application engineers, developers, end-users), to ascertain how best to monitor the infrastructure components and the applications which they support.
- Configure monitoring definitions and code monitoring scenario / rules according to initial end-users and technical specialists requirements
- Be involved in third-line and second-line support of those solutions and platforms; fixing technical incidents on these platforms (restoring the service) and proposing long term solutions or improvements;
- Participate in cross-functional teams to develop, design and build documents, work plan timelines to meet project timeframes
- Document and complete knowledge transfer to other team members
- Working with vendors to resolve problems
- Be involved in Watch duty and week-end work activities
Please get in touch to apply for this exciting position.
Endeavour Recruitment has a number of fantastic contract opportunities for UNIX Engineers across the UK. Locations include Derby, Nottingham and Newcastle. Initially 6 month contracts, these are likely to be extended and the rate available is up to £330 per day depending on experience.
The ideal UNIX Engineer will be experienced in at least one mainstream UNIX/LINUX operating system; Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, SUSE or RedHat. As an experienced engineer you may have design experience, or seeking the opportunity to develop your design experience.
Experience will include a solid mix of;
- At least 3 years’ experience of using, building and maintaining Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, SUSE or RedHat
- Web Server (Sun One, iPlanet, Apache)
- RDBMS (Oracle)
- Application Server (Apache, JBoss, TomCat, WebLogic)
- Networking fundamentals (Firewalls, Routers, TCP/IP, Load Balancers)
- High Availability and Clustering
- J2EE Architecture
- UNIX/LINIX Scripting
- Cloud Technologies
- Veritas Volume Manager and File System Management
- Virtualisation technologies (e.g. VMWare, Hyper-V, P2V, P2P, PlateSpin, DoubleTake, Grid, LPARS, WPARS, aPARS)
SC Clearance will be required. Ideally you will be SC Cleared, my client may consider those eligible for clearance.
If you are interested in these contract opportunities please send me your CV today.
Endeavour Recruitment is seeking an experienced Infrastructure Engineer for their busy IS Department. The role is technical in nature and needs specialist application skills supported by expansive technical skills. This is a permanent opportunity with our client based in East Grinstead. Salary between £42K to £45K plus excellent benefits package.
About this role:
- Working closely with third parties to ensure Applications meet required Service Levels.
- Technical design work in the general Computing Infrastructure (physical and virtual) to implement high quality support and continuous improvement
- Insurance activities that support pro-active management, monitoring and optimisation of the insurance application infrastructure.
- Extensive working with third parties
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Developing such skills as are necessary to support new technologies
- Personal workload management in support of ITIL Incident and Problem Management, through use of ticketing systems.
- Adherence to ITIL Change Management processes.
- Good technical authoring and procedure writing skills.
- Flexible working hours, with frequent need to work additional hours at short notice.
- Inclusion on the teams 24x7 service support rota
- Extensive IT industry experience
- Experience of working with 3rd party application providers
- Ability to plan, track and coordinate complex technical activities
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the confidence to interact with technical peers
- Microsoft skills to include Windows server, SharePoint and some SQL server.
- Strong customer facing verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated by efficient use of technology to solve business problems
- Lateral thinking and problem solving ability
- Good personal workload management and ability to work to deadlines
- ‘Completer finisher’ with a high attention to detail
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for personal improvement
If you believe you have the right experience and previous track record to successfully deliver in this role, then please apply quickly in order to be shortlisted.
Have you had exposure to Linux and are looking for the chance to become an out-and-out Linux Systems Administrator?
If so, we have an outstanding opportunity with a market leading, global Digital Agency based in Central London.
Unsurprisingly, they work out of a really cool office, provide amazing perks, have a benefits package as long as your arm and to top it off, work with World leading brands on high profile, award winning projects.
In short, this is a great place to work!
We are looking for someone who has enough experience with Linux to feel comfortable from day one and eager to learn from and be mentored by some of the best.
The London team provide Sys Admin & DevOps support locally and often teaming up with colleagues remotely throughout EMEA and the US.
Initially assisting with the day-to-day running of the infrastructure, you will soon be recommending changes & improvements, working with Dev-Ops team and ultimately, taking lead on various projects.
You will be familiar with or had exposure to a number of the following;
- Support - Linux (Ubuntu / Debian)
- Automation - Puppet and Foreman
- Monitoring – Nagios (Graylog / Cacti beneficial)
- Virtualisation – VMware vSphere
- Qualifications – such as Linux+/RHCSA, CCNA, VMware Certified Associate (VCA) and MCSA
- Beneficial – Atlassian (Jira, Confluence & Bitbucket), Apache, Syslog, Active Directory (AD), Cisco ASA/Palo Alto and Commvault
This really is an amazing opportunity to take your career to the next level. Alongside the perks and the benefits, the starting salary on offer is around £40,000
If this sounds like the role that you have been waiting for, don’t delay, send us your CV today!
Endeavour Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our leading client based in London. This is an initial 6-month contract with a daily rate of £500+ depending on experience. Candidates must hold Security Clearance.
Responsibilities will include;
- Improve and expand AWS platform
- Apply changes using configuration management tools
- Support and troubleshoot complex micro-service based environment
- Improve monitoring and performance measurement tools
- Implement and improve security stack/tools
- Automating various tasks using puppet, ansible and scripting
Your skill set should include a solid mix of the following:
- AWS, services, SDK
- Ruby/Python or any other high-level language
- WEB servers (Apache, Nginx)
- Networking (TCP/IP, LoadBalancing, Firewalls)
- Databases (Mongo, Postgres or alternative)
- RabbitMQ or alternative
- Security in the cloud
- Continues integration for developing applications (Jenkins, GIT, Nexus, Artifactory)
We at Endeavour Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced Full Stack Developer to join a dynamic team in central London. Large reputable corporation.
- Front End and Back End development of the DevNet Platform
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integrating data from various back-end service and databases
- Actively participate in project planning, solutions and technical strategy discussions, and documentation
- Excellent PHP Skills
- Excellent Programming skills
- OO and design patterns, especially distributed architectures
- Domain modelling skills
- HTTP RESTful API design
- Worked in Agile environment with cross functional teams
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced and informal environment
- Hands on experience with testing
- Prepared to travel internationally
Desirable skills :
- Experience of developing scalable and highly available services
- Knowledge of Linux containers and their eco-system (we using containers more and more as we break services out)
- Understanding and working with AWS services
- SOA experience (We are migrating towards an SOA architecture)
- Working with geographically dispersed teams
Please get in touch for further details on this excellent career opportunity.
German Speaking - Storage Developer – Vienna – 4 Year Contract
Endeavour Recruitment has a New opportunity for an experienced Storage Developer to work in the Beautiful City of Vienna. Advanced knowledge of IBM Products such as V5000 / 7000 Storwize and Spectrum Virtualize Controller. Project runs to 2021. EUR€54 Per Hour.
Key skills and experience required:
- V5000 / 7000 Storwize
- Spectrum Virtualize Controller
- SVC SAN Volume Controller
- Cisco MDS SAN Directors
- Fibre Channel Storage
- Storage Virtualization
- FC SAN Switch Infrastructure
- Monitoring/Optimizing/Turning Storage (preferably IBM Spectrum Control
- Good knowledge of data storage for virtual environments & databases
- Windows Server / Linux
- Nagios / Icinga / Check MK
If you are an experienced developer with a passion for technology looking for a new and exciting opportunity, then please do not hesitate to apply!
Calling for all Linux experts looking for their next challenge!
A large and reputable Telecoms client, based in Brussels is looking for a Linux expert with strong Devops experience, and passionate about Openstack, to join their team for an exciting 6 months contract initially.
As the successful candidate you will be part of a team that designs, implements and operates tailor-made and standardized ICT solutions. You will ensure service management, technical consultancy and pre/after sales support in order to meet/exceed customer expectation.
Daily tasks will include the following:
- validating proposed solution in pre-sales phase
- designing service delivery for ICT solutions
- implementing, operating and maintaining ICT solutions
- providing technical advice towards customers and colleagues in order to effectively inform them, and recommend the appropriate technical solution.
- developing, maintaining and sharing technical expertise and customer specific information
Skills and Experience:
Industrial engineer or equivalent by experience.
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience and expertise in:
- General Linux (RHEL)
- Basics Network & Security
- HA Proxy
- Openstack / Openshift
- Basics Database: MySQL / Oracle (RAC) / Dataguard / Gridcontrol
- Dutch and French speaking are assets
If you are customer- minded, enjoy working in a team, and this role sounds of interest, please apply for further details.
Endeavour Recruitment are seeking a number of contract Linux Engineers to help support multiple environments. The existing solution comprises of mainly Linux based applications and database servers.
Within the role the successful Linux Engineers will be supporting all deliverables including; Server & Workstation builds, Active Directory, Group Policies, Security control applications and databases.
Your skills and experience will be a solid mix of the following;
- Linux Red Hat 5.x system admin
- JBOSS application admin
- Weblogic application server admin
- Oracle, SQL, PLSQL
- SunOne Directory server 7.
- Open LDAP
- Firewall understanding
- Deep understanding of Networking protocols
- Exposure in building and supporting large infrastructure projects
- Experience of working within large government projects
- Scripting in either ksh or Perl
This is a rolling 5 month contract and the rate on offer ranges from £200 to £325 per day.
Please apply immediately with your CV to be considered for this contract.