Software Development Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a “people’s person” that’s also a Tech lover with a background in Development to effectively work as a Development Manager, to manage outsourced models, Oversee Development partners, keep abreast of technology, create Technology Strategies, Consult and advise clients, Manage the builds of Websites, Mobile apps and accessibility.
Shape the Digital presence of the company in its UK and US offices. Our client believes in working with people, they are a family-owned company and treat employees as part of the family. It’s a company where you will be heard and valued.
If this sounds of interest, please read on
Our client employs smart thinking and industry insight to create positive outcomes for our clients in the financial, professional services and technology sectors.
With offices in New York, London and Hong Kong our specialists’ deep understanding of our clients’ sectors means we challenge thinking, inspire ambition, and deliver meaningful change across their organisations through effective and integrated brand, digital and marketing communications.
About the position of Development Manager
To manage and liaise with software developers, supporting them in building an industry-leading product using robust architectural practices and innovative software solutions that are fit for purpose. You will be responsible for managing a team of permanent, contract and outsourced development teams to meet the company’s goals and objectives.
You will be Scrum Master for the team, able to protect, mentor and grow the development team. Creating and maintaining a professional culture within the team, where individuals take ownership and are fastidious and proud of delivering excellence and quality.
Responsible for the quality and technical approach taken by team members, ensuring it is in-line with the company strategy – and that projects are delivered on time and budget, this is a hands-on role where you will be expected to code and maintain coding standards, hold the overall technical knowledge around client solutions and platforms.
With a minimum of 5 years relevant experience, the Development Manager’s responsibility is to manage web solutions that meet our clients’ needs and help shape our clients digital offering. You will be as comfortable attending meetings with our clients as developing and scoping work with internal teams. Your creativity and technical excellence will manifest itself in a wide range of products and services which will help to distinguish itself from the competition and offer its’ clients a truly engaging and superior interactive experience at every digital touchpoint.
With previous experience in management, you will be responsible for the organisation, support and mentoring of junior members of the team, managing outsourced vendor relationship and development teams. You will play a key role in structuring the development team and supplier network alongside the Senior Management Team.
You must be a commercially astute, understanding the practicalities of resourcing and delivering a digital project well –working alongside the client services team to ensure work is delivered on time and to budget.
Specific operations-related activity
• To manage the IT & Development Operations budget for the UK head office and ensure that the budget is managed and maintained.
• Responsible for ensuring we have the best operations model, including outsource partnerships so that project can be delivered to the highest quality and optimal resource budget.
• With previous experience managing hosting suppliers and ensuring the SLA are followed accordingly.
Overall, the position holder will:
• Full management of the IT & Development Operations IT budget within the parameters given
• Ensuring GDPR compliance & standards
• Relationship management of cloud / hosting suppliers
• Define technical / product roadmap for the product stack
• Evolve the SaaS product offering for the company
• Effectively manage relationships with client contacts (client facing) and internal scrum teams
• Work within client guidelines to produce innovative solutions
• Present work and articulate technical executions at client level
• Take briefs accurately from the Creative Director or other members of the scrum team
• Train and lead, both formally and informally, members of the team in commercial and technical skills
• Monitor the performance and ability of junior developers in team
• Work alongside the Senior Management Team to improve internal and external testing procedures (browser, functional (including SIT) and accessibility testing).
Specific duties include:
• Full operational control of IT & DevOps processes
• Scrum Master, running the full production process ensuring continuous delivery practices
• Being the Lead Architect, Developer and mentor to the development teams while doing some coding alongside them
• Innovation, using the latest technologies
• Managing freelance, outsource and FTE development teams
• Managing IT systems together with our IT partner, overseeing domains and servers
• Creating and implementing the technical / product roadmap
• Producing accurate and detailed technical documentation, i.e., functional & technical specs, user manuals
• Producing comprehensive and accurate estimates for work
• Testing work thoroughly against specifications and test plans to avoid errors and re-work.
Technical skills required:
• Expert management skills & mentoring
• Able to produce high quality and standards compliant back/front-end code (HTML5,CSS, JScript ,.NET Core MVC, C#, php)
• Extensive experience with Umbraco/Sitecore CMS / Wordpress
• Extensive knowledge of MS SQL Server and Cloud SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
• Expert knowledge of source control systems (GIT)
• Expert knowledge of Continuous Integration using Azure Dev OpsExpert knowledge and practical experience with implementing CMS search capabilities using Lucene and SOLR and Azure search.
• Knowledge of the azure platform and its services
• Knowledge of Adobe experience manger
• Knowledge of Adobe Marketo.
Overall, the Development Manager is expected to:
• Be a natural born leader, able to translate complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand language for client and internal team to understand
• Be a strong leader, with a professional attitude and lead by example work ethic
• Be bright, highly self-motivated and driven
• Can multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
• Be analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
• Be credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills and the gravitas to deliver ideas clearly and concisely to internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority
• Be reliable, flexible and cooperative
• Be diplomatic and tactful
• Be personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for technology
Azure DevOps Tech Lead
Azure DevOps Engineer - C# .NET
HYBRID in LONDON
SALARY: £60 - £70 K
Our Tech Stack:
Azure, C#, CI/CD, Cloud, DevOps, Terraform, ASP.NET
- Experienced DevOps Engineer with strong knowledge of Azure and CI/CD.
-- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, able to work across teams and advocate for DevOps.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in C# or other scripting/coding languages for automation.
Your responsibilities are:
Our Client is seeking a senior DevOps Engineer with expertise in Azure.
In this role, you will collaborate with engineering teams throughout the organization to provide platform services for building applications on our Azure SaaS platform.
You will be responsible for ensuring seamless application release on the Azure cloud through the implementation of CI/CD pipelines and automation.
Additionally, you will actively participate in technical discussions and contribute to the development of a common toolset and best practices within our DevOps community.
Our modern tech stack includes Azure, and C# .NET Core.
- Collaborate with engineering teams across the business to provide platform services for building applications on the Azure SaaS platform.
- Ensure seamless release of applications on the Azure cloud through CI/CD pipelines and automation.
- Participate in technical discussions and contribute to a common toolset and best practices within the DevOps community.
For further details, please don’t hesitate to apply,
Power Platform Developer
Our Client, a multi-billion-pound organisation is looking to build a Power Platform Team and requires a Power Platform Developer as their first recruit to the team. They require someone with Solid Power Platform and all related areas and technologies.
You will be working closely with a diverse range of IT, Innovation and Project Management colleagues, in this role you will play a vital part in designing, developing, testing, and deploying custom applications and workflows that leverage the Power Platform to meet business needs and drive profitability. This is key to achieving our client service delivery ambitions, ensuring we are delivering bespoke, efficient, and valuable cutting-edge technology solutions for our clients' needs.
Our Client is looking for a confident developer with sound knowledge of the engineering lifecycle who can act as a subject matter expert for the Power Platform, working with our Business Analysts to translate business requirements into technical designs and integrate the Power Platform with 3rd party systems and applications such as iManage, InterAction, Aderant or cloud-based SaaS services; you will also act as technical lead to ensure compliance with data governance policies and practices
Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Power Platform Developer (hands on experience with Power Apps, Power Automate and Power BI)
Strong applied knowledge of the Microsoft Power Platform services, Microsoft Azure, and Microsoft 365.
A strong understanding of the development lifecycle.
For further information regarding this exciting opportunity, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Solutions Architect to grow into CTO role.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Solution Architect from a strong Technical background that’s ambitious and wants to progress into a CTO role. Type of experience would be Solutions Architect, ideally from a .Net / C# Development background with experience of Azure, DevOps and Agile with solid business acumen.
Sponsorship and relocation provided if needed.
This is a Client facing role and experience dealing with external clients is essential.
This is an exciting ongoing project digitalizing and modernizing Multi-Billion Pound organization’s and bringing them to the forefront of technology.
We are looking for someone that’s technically very strong, but also has a strong commercial acumen as well as the ability to lead a team and talk directly to board level executives, Client facing as well as overseeing a Development team of 30 Developers.
Skills and experience:
• Solution Architecture
• Team Leadership
• Strategic Thinker
• .Net C#
• Integration technologies, middleware, service-oriented architecture and API
• Cloud (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS)
• Experience of working with senior business stakeholders
Our client can provide sponsorship.
For further details regarding this exciting permanent opportunity, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Calling a Lead Software Engineer to join our leading client based in London, for an exciting career opportunity.
This role will be hybrid: 2 days onsite.
The select Lead Software Engineer will be part of an agile cross-functional team in developing and maintaining our client flagship digital platform.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be providing expert technical leadership in the design of our client’s cloud-based platform. You will help define the engineering standards, implement best practice, and contribute to their technical and product roadmap. You will act as a coach and mentor, providing technical leadership to the engineering teams.
You will have a passion and solid experience in designing solutions that are to a high-quality coding standard, secure, scalable, and resilient. to solve business needs.
You have demonstrable experience in setting the technical direction of the engineering pillar by having a deep understanding of the needs of the organization around you. You influence this direction through a consensus-based approach using your people leadership skills and technical expertise.
You will have technical experience and knowledge of the following:
- Expert level experience with software development on the Microsoft tech stack using .NET, ReactJS, REST APIs and Azure services in a microservice architecture
- Experience with both Azure SQL Server and no SQL DBs such as ComosDB
- Experience with cloud-based development using Azure services (Service bus, logic App, Function App Azure API Manager)
- Experience with DevOps automated tooling technology (GIT, Azure DevOps)
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concepts and SOLID principles
- Enthusiastic about delivery and experience working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Degree/certification in Computer Science/IT or equivalent
Send your CV ASAP or get in touch for more info.
Devops Engineer required to join our Housing sector client in London.
This is a hybrid contract role: 2 days onsite – 3 days remote
Expected start date: end of July
Outside IR35 - £450 – £500 per day DoE
Our client is looking for a DevOps Engineer with the following profile:
- Experience of Azure
- Azure integration services
- Dynamics platform
- arm templates
Please get in touch ASAP and send us your CV to be considered for this excellent contract opportunity!
Calling for an experienced Solutions Architect for a remote project with a global and highly reputable organisation, headquartered in Geneva.
The role is fully remote
As a Solution Architect, you will be responsible of all aspects of the lifecycle of the architectures of his/her own domain.
The project will include the following tasks:
- The architect will design and select the on-premise part of the hybrid architecture for the RSP project;
- Within the context of RSP, the solution architect will be in charge of analyzing the current environment and propose the future state architecture taking into account backup and disaster recovery options;
- Assess the existing solution architecture and work with technical colleagues to recommend changes in order to create better and more efficient solution;
- Review and analyze all other options for the architecture put forward by team members.
- Build an integrated solutions architecture model fulfilling the needs of technical teams developing technical solutions for addressing business needs;
- Create and validate detailed designs that are suitable for implementation according to the existing production environments and in line with strategic developments;
- Ensure the proposed solution architecture have a complete integrated view and incorporate industry best practices;
Skills and experience required:
- At least 10 years’ professional experience
- Extensive experience in architecting integrated and scalable ICT solutions
- Knowledge of industry standards and ability to build solutions based on these evolving standards
- Ability to address complex designs for ICT solutions, both on premise and in the cloud
- Ability to design ICT solutions that are innovative and future looking
- Solid technical background in computing, data systems and software development
- Sound knowledge of software defined architectures, virtualization stacks and hyper convergent technologies (i.e.: cloud based, web based, software application awareness, server infrastructure, virtualization technologies, hyperconverged systems, storage systems, database solutions, data center concepts, etc.)
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and written English
- VmWare ESX
- Storage Area Networks
- Linux OS
- Application Architecture
- Cloud technologies(AWS or AZURE) expertise
- SAFE Certification
Send us a copy of your CV or get in touch for further details
DCRM Developer with Microsoft PowerApps required to join a London based client.
Remote – Full Time – UK 9 am – 5 pm
Contract or Permanent. Ideally Contract to Permanent.
Visa can be provided for the right candidate.
Transform processes and extend Dynamics 365 through connected and embedded apps built on Power Platform with advanced security, business rules and logic.
Essential skills and requirements:
• Dynamics CRM development experience as a senior.
• Experience with Dynamics 365 online and Microsoft Power Platform
• Experience with power automate and power apps
• Knowledge with Azure Integration services (Service bus, logic App, Function App), Azure SQL Server
• Experience with DevOps technology (GIT, Azure DevOps, CI/CD)
• Agile working, excellent communication skills, mentoring/overseeing junior developers
• Degree/certification in Computer Science/IT or equivalent
If you would like to join an organisation where you can bring real value and creativity, please apply.
Cybersecurity Analyst / Engineer - Security Operations Centre (SOC)
Our client has an exciting long-term contract opportunity for a Cybersecurity Engineer / Analyst for a fully remote or hybrid role working with a global market leader. This role will be an initial 12-month contract with further extensions. You need to be willing to work hours on GMT time.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ensure daily management, administration & maintenance of security devices to achieve operational effectiveness.
- Quickly resolve any security devices system failures and troubleshoots issues with the OEM.
- Research Cybersecurity Technologies & keep abreast of trends and standards.
- Provides advice on technical aspects of Cybersecurity solution development and integration (including management of security infrastructure changes, deviations from specifications, etc.).
Support the implementing and operate the processes to support the Security Operations Framework and highlight the challenges in managing the SLAs with the Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP).
- Manage and collaborate on security incidents through to resolution between security operations and the Regional Security Officers (RSO’s).
- Review and analyse reports, dashboards, metrics to support SOC operations. Suggest and implement remediation actions where needed.
- Obtains vulnerability information and co-ordinates remediation efforts with the Regional Security Officers (RSO’s).
- Ensuring that the MSSP incident response activities are conducted in accordance with Aspen Group approved policies and procedures, appropriate to the severity and risk of the incident.
- Take proactive actions to prevent an information security incident from occurring or escalating, where possible.
- Perform and support any Cyber Security activities to enhance the Cyber Security posture for the Aspen Group Cybersecurity Center of Excellence.
Current Industry certification in Information Security, Cyber Security and Cloud Security
Current Industry certification in Cloud Security Platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure).
Business Process Management Methodology (i.e., BPM, SDLC, ITIL, DevOps, Agile, COBIT)
3+ working years’ experience in Cyber Security Operations.
3+ working years’ experience in engaging with a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP).
A sound understanding in various application development software from a plan, build and run perspective
Proven technical experience in managing Cloud platform Security from a plan, build and run perspective.
Desirable, but not essential
IT Technical/professional knowledge
Cyber Security Industry knowledge
Microsoft Sentinel and Microsoft Defender
Qualys and or other Vulnerability Management solutions
Identity & Access Management
Python, C++, Java development and code scripting, C++
Linux, Windows, Unix operating systems
Lead Full Stack Developer / London
Endeavour Recruitment has a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Full Stack Developer to join our client based in Kings Cross, London. The role is Hybrid, two days a week onsite. Our client is going through a major digitalization program and upgrade.
We are looking for a Lead Full Stack Developer that has proven experience leading a team of Developers as well as strong Technical experience with DevOps, C#.Net, Agile, React, SQL Server and Azure / Cloud.
We are also looking for you to have strong interpersonal skills to be able to deal with internal customers, understand their requirements, create solutions and to influence business stakeholders.
Manage a team of Software Developers in the creation and maintenance of high-quality software within agreed project deadlines.
Work in an Agile team taking ownership of the technical delivery of changes.
Ensure that stories and tasks are appropriately sized, scoped and defined.
Drive the DevOps maturity roadmap within the team.
Ensure the smooth running and support of live systems; providing the appropriate monitoring information to stakeholders for awareness and decision making.
Contribute to the wider enterprise technology strategy and roadmap.
Ensure the team continue to produce high levels of services, expertise, development and test processes that are scalable and maintainable within expectations of the stakeholders (including adherence to SDLC)
Ensure the appropriate levels of system and support document are created and maintained.
Contribute to vendor solution due diligence.
Coach and mentor staff members through training and individual support.
Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including agile scrum ceremonies.
Participate as a member of information technology teams, contributing to software development discussions, investigating the use of new development tools, and facilitating change.
Skills and Technologies Used:
Experienced in CI/CD and enthusiastic using Azure DevOps.
Web applications development in C#, ASP .NET, MVC, Web API/RESTful API
Distributed source control i.e. GIT
JS frameworks such as ReactJS or similar and an understanding of HTML and CSS
SQL Server, NoSQL (CosmosDB) • Excellent organisational and analytical abilities.
Outstanding problem solver.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
This is an excellent opportunity with an organisation that makes a real difference in the world. For further details, please forward us a copy of your CV.