Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for an experienced SQL Architect to work for an internationally renowned organisation in Luxembourg. The selected SQL Architect is expected to have at least 6 years of experience as an SQL Architect or similar. Our client has requested that the SQL Architect chosen for this role has experience with PowerShell and has expertise in using MS SQL version 2012 to 2016 to fulfill their duties as an SQL Architect.
The duration of this role is initially for 6 months and the all-inclusive daily rate is €473 euros.
What is expected of the SQL Architect? - Role and Responsibilities:
- The Architect is responsible for the definition of complex middleware infrastructures and architectures for at least one of the domains for our client. You are a technical leader in the relevant domain, most of the times in multiple domains.
- The Architect will also assist project teams with technical issues including the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy, research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out solutions.
What skills are required of you as a SQL Architect?
- Expertise in using MS SQL version 2012 to 2016
- Experience with High Availability using "Always On"
- Knowledge of PowerShell is mandatory
- At least 6 years of professional experience in a similar position
- In-depth technical knowledge of the concerned domain (Senior Level)
- Architectural studies and technical documentation, design and review of strategies, policies and best practices
- Organizational skills and analytical ability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing purchase justifications, training users in complex topics, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with upper management
- Team working ability, communication and leadership skills
- Capability to manage small technical projects
- Capable to produce concise technical documentation
- Solid documentation skills
- Participation in product evaluation and project management
- Define policies and standard operating procedures (SOP) to be used by the operational teams
- Problem solving in a Problem Management context
- Impact assessments for changes
- Capacity management of the infrastructure used for the technological domain
- Provides technical lead for concerned technological domains
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role as a SQL Architect, then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
Are you available?
Are you a hands-on problem solver with excellent communication skills?
Endeavour is looking for a dedicated IT Technical Support Analyst to join our client’s team in their London office ASAP.
Our client is the leading provider of customer service solutions for the Public Sector.
The successful Technical Support Analyst will be solving 3rd and 2nd line support tickets.
Your role will involve liaising with Technical Consultants and making sure all the queries are resolved.
- 1+ year experience in a SaaS Technical Support role
- Experience with third line (development) support and bug fixing
- Experience with databases and SQL (MySQL and MS SQL)
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to details
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work with large amount of information and prioritise tasks
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical customers or colleagues
- Willingness to learn and knowledge share
- You are initiative and willing to mentor less technical colleagues
- Knowledge of git and GitHub
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, especially S3 and SDB services
If you are an experienced Technical Support Analyst wanting to join an established and reputable client, then get in touch for further details ASAP!
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our client, a leading publishing company, based in Central London, near Covent Garden. You will provide your expertise to realise the development of new systems, you will ideally have experience working within the Publishing industry and have experience with Bibliographic databases. Salary IRO £45,000 per annum.
You will be responsible for defining requirements, analysing data, managing vendors and stakeholders, and supporting the Project Office.
Required Skills and Knowledge –
- Requirement gathering
- BPMN/UML Workflow
- Experience working with third-party APIs
- Stakeholder management
- Beneficial – Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies
- Beneficial – Knowledge of SQL and understanding of ETL and data modelling
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
Please apply as soon as possible to be included on the shortlist for this role.
We are looking for a Solution Architect to join our Digital Transformation client’s team, based in Sheffield on a permanent basis.
The ideal profile will have experience of working with a Java-based eCommerce technologies such as IBM WebSphere Commerce, SAP Hybris, Salesforce DemandWare or Oracle-ATG.
The successful candidate will be required to lead the solution design, assist in solution implementation and be responsible for the technical delivery of complex solutions to a wide range of clients.
You will be required to work closely with clients and the internal delivery teams to ensure our solutions meet the business requirements and are delivered to our client’s principles, standards and best practices. The candidate should be business focused and have a proven track record of delivery.
- Producing and owning technical solutions to fit business requirements and ensuring successful delivery.
- Producing and owning solution design documents covering baseline and target architectures for applications, integrations, data and technology – ensuring the design meets architecture principles and best practices for the technology platform and justifying the solution design against other options.
- Producing technical specifications for lead developers covering mid-low level application, interface and database design, including identifying relevant design patterns and application frameworks.
- Communicating technical architectures and designs to internal teams, including developers and testers.
- Communicating directly with the customer on all aspects of the technical design, including running design workshops, participating in architecture reviews, providing recommendations and reasons for key design decisions and explaining complex technical designs to non-technical stakeholders.
- Communicating directly with 3rd parties to agree designs, especially in the integration domain.
- Identifying impacts of a given solution/architecture and challenging business requirements or suggesting alternate solutions where necessary.
- Identifying and managing key stakeholders of the architecture change.
- Working collaboratively with other architects and lead developers to share knowledge and solutions.
- Estimating the design and implementation effort of large-scale and complex ecommerce solutions and assisting in the delivery, migration and go-live planning.
- Ownerships of the technical delivery, ensuring and demonstrating the quality of the deliverable, from code quality through to performance, scalability and security of the solution.
- Leading new application/technical architects in all aspects of the above.
- Keeping up todate with technology changes (e.g. trends, software updates, platform updated, 3rd party solutions) and reviewing these for recommendation into new projects or existing clients.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Proven experience in leading or assisting and delivering large-scale architecture change projects in ecommerce, retail or manufacturing.
- Proven technical leadership skills with an internal team within a client facing environment.
- An understanding of web technologies and an appreciation for capacity and performance design considerations
- Java and J2EE development (e.g. JSP, EJB, JPA, Struts, Spring, core JAVA)
- Develop performant and secure code (incl. SQL) for high-traffic production use, following pre-defined principles and guidelines
- Working knowledge of application server technologies (e.g. WebSphere Application Server) including clustered environments
- Have good front-end development skills in HTML, CSS and JS frameworks (e.g. JQuery) and are familiar with Ajax
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Preferable to have a good understanding of IBM WebSphere Commerce (WC) functional and technical architecture including design and development best practice and the associate technologies:
- WebSphere Commerce (WC) functional architecture (e.g. store, catalog, merchandising, marketing, orders)
- WC frameworks (e.g. Command framework, MVC,)
- WC search
- Common WC data models (User, Orders, Catalogs, Promotions etc.)
- WC messaging infrastructure (inbound and outbound, REST, MQ, BOD)
- WC persistence layer (SDO and EJB/access/data beans)
- WC development environment, SVN and GIT repos
- SOLR search
- IBM DB2 Database
- Demonstrate and develop to WC best practices, especially with regards to security and customisations
- Have a working knowledge of Dynacache
- An understanding of WC deployment models (e.g. 3-tier, de-coupled storefront/search
- Previous experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience developing headless WebSphere Commerce solutions
- An interest in the ongoing developments of WebSphere Commerce (e.g. xC programming model, JPA)
- Web-tier configuration experience (e.g. Apache, IIS)
- Having worked on solutions utilising edge-caches and CDNs
If this role sounds of interest to you, please get in touch ASAP or apply with your CV
Our client, a large European Organisation is looking for a motivated person to join their Documentum administration team, working on a large-scale IT infrastructure project.
The contract will involve the operational support of the platform and the response to customer incidents.
Operate day-to-day the Documentum and Preservica platforms and implement of changes
Handle incidents on the Documentum and Preservica platforms, including participation in a 24/7 oncall rotation
Work to improve operational efficiency by providing automation and contribute to updating procedures
2 years of experience with EMC Documentum or another Enterprise Content Management software
Experience working on JEE application servers (Weblogic/JBoss/Wildfly)
Hands-on experience with Linux and SQL
Extensive experience working in a multi-cultural environment
Desirable skills (nice to have)
Knowledge of Electronic Records Management solutions
Experience writing Ansible jobs
Knowledge of another European language
Please apply for further details of this excellent contract opportunity.
Endeavour Recruitment is seeking a Senior Software Engineer, somebody who is passionate about design and development. Candidates should have a Masters’ or Degree in Computer Science plus 3-4 years relevant industry experience. Salary circa £50K DOE.
A background in SaaS will be beneficial for this role, as is previous experience of working in the automotive industry. With easy access to the M1, this makes our clients’ location in Milton Keynes accessible from many locations. Pictured originally as a new London overspill, Milton Keynes is a modern city halfway between London and Birmingham.
About the Role:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work as part of the automotive team and be fully involved in the design, development, testing and delivery of solutions for vehicle tracking.
Technical skills sought:
- Microsoft Full Stack
- SQL Server
Applications are invited from talented individuals who have the motivation to combine design with programming. Is this you? Please send your application across to be shortlisted.
Endeavour Recruitment has an opportunity for a Lead Developer to join our client, a fast-growing and innovative, digital marketing agency specialising in interactive advertisements. Our client is based in Central London with easy access to the mainline and tubes, salary up to £100k.
- React – Redux
- REST APIs
- Machine Learning experience/knowledge is beneficial
Applicants are invited to apply as soon as possible to be included in the shortlist.
Are you looking for an excellent, new long-term contract role as a Data Scientist working in Brussels, Belgium? Can you speak fluent French or Dutch? Then this role is for you! This contract is for a duration of 12 months and pays an all-inclusive daily rate of €530 euros.
What are our clients expectations:
- In the TV division, our client works hard to improve the customer experience. Our client uses advanced tools based on technologies for big data, predictive models and machine learning.
- As a Data Scientist, you will strengthen the team to discover innovative ways to enhance the customer experience and consecutively launch these improvement initiatives.
- You will be faced with various challenges for which you will work with big data & TV experts in order to achieve tangible results.
What do you need to be right for this role?:
- Hold a PhD or Master's degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics)
- Be fluent in French or Dutch.
- Have a particular interest in techniques of statistical analysis and machine learning (significance / multinomial confidence intervals and correlations, data reduction, clustering, segmentation, Bayesian algorithms, hierarchical regression).
- Have experience in programming (Python, R, SparkR, Shiny, ggplot2, html, PHP, C, SQL, VBA)
Desirable and Soft Skills:
- Experience in big data environments (HDFS, Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, Ambari, Hortonworks)
- Experience with IDTV environments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
Please get in touch for further details on this excellent, not to be missed contract opportunity!
Are you a looking for an excellent career opportunity? Our client, based in Southampton, specialising in delivering IT Technology solutions for payments in the retail sector, is recruiting for a 1st line Technical Support Analyst to join their team. The ideal candidate will have excellent demonstrable communication and problem-solving skills and be customer service orientated.
• NVQ1/GCSEs and above (or equivalent) in key competencies
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Problem analysis/problem solving
• Good Timekeeping
• Attention to detail
• Working in a very pressurised environment
• Understanding of SLAs and KPIs
• Computer Literate
• Quick learner
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE (not essential):
• Windows Operating System ranging from 2000 – Windows 7
• Network infrastructure
• Borland & SQL
• Visual Basics and C#
• Microsoft office
• Card Payment Processes
• Remote Connections
Please, get in touch for further details on the exciting career opportunity!
Endeavour Recruitment is looking for an Oracle Developer to join their rapidly-growing financial client. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a small but established company, who have an excellent reputation and clients based in the UK, USA and Asia. This is a permanent position, based in a historical and picturesque area near Oxford, with a company offering a competitive salary
As an Oracle Developer, you will be responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, development and operation of Oracle databases, including troubleshooting, 3rd line support and performance testing.
- Development – your main responsibility will be to add resource to the existing development team in the coding of new applications and in maintaining existing products
- Support – on occasion you will be required to assist the support desk in solving user queries
- Testing – a key responsibility will be to create and conduct an application testing program to improve the prototype products generated by the development team
- You will be required to liaise with stakeholders and work in a small Agile team
- 5+ years’ experience with Oracle – PL/SQL development, ideally covering 12c
- Database design, performance turning and optimisation
- Understanding, maintaining and enhancing existing code base
- Excellent communication
- University Degree
- Understanding of Asset Management/Investment management
- Knowledge/experience in implementing advanced queuing
- Azure DevOps/TF/VSTS
- Competitive salary
- 10% performance related bonus
- 5 weeks holiday
- Basic pension, private medial care, childcare voucher scheme
If this excellent opportunity sounds of interest to you, please apply with your CV