Software Developer – Java and React
Our client, a Global Leader in mobile satellite communications has a need for a skilled Software Developer to join the Team.
React and or Java. We can split the role into two positions.
• To undertake software development and support of applications
• Working with system and application users to understand new requirements, develop and test new features
• To organise and present design and code reviews for work undertaken • To provide written and verbal progress reports
• Have a conscientious approach to testing and documentation
• Working alongside engineers from the Development & Engineering divisions to understand the design and architecture of new services to be launched and ensuring there are appropriate interfaces to allow the collection of appropriate monitoring and service information
• Interact with Operations, Product Management and Customer Support teams to answer customer questions and help resolve customer network issues, identify and resolve software bugs
• To take responsibility for the enhancement and maintenance of software supporting the Billing/Assurance streams
• Ongoing work with Inmarsat’s Billing and IT Operational teams aiming to agree clear demarcation and responsibility for the delivery of operational solutions and tools • Support Billing/Assurance Operational teams with fault finding/diagnosis.
• Liaise with engineering divisions to ensure systems correctly reflects any proposed changes to existing services
• To support and troubleshoot the operational systems developed and supported by the SAS group. This may include providing on-call/call out support Knowledge and Skills:
• BSc in either Computer Science or a technical/engineering discipline • Hands-on Java development working in a real-time operational environment
• Experience of Windows and Linux operating systems
• Familiarity with Web/REST API programming
• Experience in web development frameworks, such as ReactJS and Angular • Experience with event streaming platforms, such as Kafka, in particular use of Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams, and KSQL
• Practical experience of whole software development lifecycle, producing high quality re-useable code in a team environment
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills in team and corporate environments
• A reasonable understanding and appreciation of IT and network security best practices Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
• Good understanding of IP networks and exposure to network troubleshooting using Wireshark or similar tools
• Experience of concurrent programming
• Experience in user interface design
• Experience in using Apache Camel, Scala and Groovy to manage Active MQ environments
• Exposure to micro service architecture and RESTful web services • Good experience of scripting and task automation using languages such as Awk, Maven • Familiarity with Influx/Tick Stack Additional Information You must be eligible to work in this location advertised. Values:
• Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
• Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
• Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do
For further details regarding this opportunity, please don’t hesitate to apply.