NEW ROLE APRIL 2019
Endeavour Recruitment has an exciting new opportunity for a DevOps Engineer for a contract in Vienna. Deep knowledge of DevOps and related tools essential. Good knowledge of Java and SQL and working in an Agile environment. This is initially a 12 month contract with a further 12 month renewal anticipated, offering a rate of €60EUR per hour.
The beautiful city of Vienna has recently been ranked as the most liveable city in the world. This role will provide the opportunity for somebody to live and work in Vienna. Fluent English is essential and German is advantageous.
- Providing an efficient delivery pipeline, covering build, deployment and test automation as well as provisioning of infrastructure components on premise and in cloud infrastructures
- Devise concepts, evaluate tools & technologies to set up a delivery pipeline infrastructure
- Support developers, testers and operations to automate every aspect of the delivery pipeline
- Ensure efficient management in development, test and production environments
- Devise and enforce policies for developers, testers and operations that guarantee a stable delivery pipeline
- Establish solutions for logging and effective monitoring
- Work as part of an agile delivery team (Scrum)
- Degree in Computer Science/related subject or significant work experience
- Deep Knowledge of DevOps methods and related tools
- Unix / Linux
- Cloud / Virtualization / Containers
- Shell Scripting
- Agile – Scrum and Kanban
- Confluence and Jira
- Fluent English – Excellent Communication Skills
- German is advantageous
If you are an experienced DevOps Engineer with a passion for technology looking for a new and exciting opportunity, then please do not hesitate to apply!
Endeavour Recruitment has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Solution Architect. There are three contracts available. French speaking is not essential but advantageous. At least 10 years’ experience as a Solution Architect is essential. Excellent rate of €550-€600 EUR per day.
The technical skills required for this role are:
- Web Architecture: Angular, Ionic, Apache Camel, Portal Architecture, Authentication/authorisation protocols (OpenID Connect, OAuth2)
- Middleware Technologies (ESB API Gateway)
- PaaS Technologies
- RDBMS and NoSQL, HDFS
- Network Knowledge: LANs, Firewall and Filtering policies
- Modelling Techniques: UML, Archimate in Enterprise Architect Tool
- Agile including Scaled Agile Framework such as SAFe and DevOps
- Experience with Offshore Development
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability and willingness to learn new information quickly
If you believe you have the right experience and previous track record to successfully deliver in this role, then please apply quickly in order to be shortlisted.
Looking to join a world leader in technology?
We have a fantastic long term contract opportunity for a Java Backend Engineer to join an exciting project on a 12 month + contract based in Belgium. Excellent career prospects!
Candidates must hold a Master’s degree in a relevant scientific field, be fluent in English, and have the following skills and experience.
Skills and experience :
- 4+ years of back-end development experience
- Java EE, Spring
- RESTful services
- Big Data tools and technologies such as
- Hadoop, Spark
- Redis, Cassandra
Excellent coding, reviewing and testing skills
Experience with continuous integration tools
- Experience in fraud detection (in any industry: gaming, banking, insurance…)
- Experience in data analytics and machine learning
- Experience in DevOps
- Cloud computing: AWS, Google Cloud
- Data analytics: R, KNIME, WEKA, FICO, TensorFlow
- Programming: Scala, Haskell
Please get in touch for further details. Looking forward to your application!
Endeavour is looking for a DevOps Specialist to join a reputable, multinational client in The Hague, initially for a 10 months contract.
The ideal DevOps specialist will be an excellent communicator and have strong interpersonal skills. Knowledge of another language – French or German – would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Review, propose and improve workflows intended for the future state of the CI/CD pipeline;
- Support the technical personnel in delivering solutions that adhere to the principles, policies and patterns established in the enterprise architecture;
- Design, code and engineer, integrate, test, correct and document customisations;
- Adhere where appropriate to the overall enterprise architecture through the delivery of solutions, solution architectures and models, design patterns, principles, models, requirements, standards and policies of security;
- Perform the necessary implementations, customizations and integrations, based on the current platform state and setup, to update and to deliver Container-based deployments;
- Interface with corresponding directorates as well as with other contracting services, e.g. in the context of plugin maintenance and process automation;
- Perform platform maintenance tasks and support build projects in case of issues and in their evolution;
- Support the introduction of Git/Bitbucket and HipChat, especially during the project’s guarantee phase and maintenance;
- Support the newly created Container-based CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise test setup by implementing related changes (if needed);
- Design and implement a Container-based platform system test spanning SCM, Jenkins, Nexus and potentially SonarQube;
- Deliver solutions to open, build platform-related Jira tickets, especially for (but not restricted to) Nexus, SonarQube, Docker/Container-related, Maven/Maven-plugin-related;
- Develop and implement a REST API-based HipChat data export and import option;
- Trigger and support either SVN-to-Git migration or guide the introduction of code access restriction for development projects that have stayed/decided to stay on Subversion (the process for access restriction is known);
Required skills and experience
- University degree
- Experience with multi-sourcing delivery environments;
- Expert knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices;
- DevOps mentality;
- Expert knowledge on Distributed Source Code Management solutions and corresponding work flow models;
- Strong implementation and development skills;
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation;
- Knowledge of ITIL v3;
- Good troubleshooting capabilities;
- Good Communication skills, interpersonal skills and analytical skills.
- Being active in a multi-cultural environment, the applicant shall have a very good level of English (oral and written).
You will also have demonstrable knowledge/experience of as many as possible of the following technical skills:
- Expert knowledge in the tools which are part of the build and deployment platform (such as SVN, Git/Bitbucket, HipChat, CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise, Maven, Nexus, SonarQube);
- Demonstrated experience with plugin development for Bitbucket and Maven;
- Expert knowledge in the area of Software Containers/Docker;
- AMF and ADS expert knowledge;
- Knowledge in Middle-tier (web services, web clients, backend of web clients, REST, Java/Groovy, JBoss);
- Good knowledge of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and shell scripting (bash);
- Good knowledge of JEE technologies;
Please apply for further details on this not-to-be-missed contract opportunity!
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent contract opportunity for a skilled Technical Test Analyst to join a European client in the Hague on an initial 3-month contract with strong possibility of extension.
Required skills and experience :
- 5 years + Software testing experience
- 3 + years experience organizing/executing Non-Functional Systems or Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT) of developed applications and/or tests on ICT infrastructure changes covering aspects such as efficiency, backup & restore, disaster recovery, ICT security, monitoring, installations.
- 1 year + experience in testing of (Windows/Linux) servers and network infrastructure, including aspects like VLANs, firewalls, load balancing, certificates, server hardening and patching.
- A years experience testing client infrastructure, ie PC/laptop/mobile/tablet/printer including operating system upgrades, hardening, GPOs, Client apps, Client virtualization.
- 6 months + experience in testing/scripting infrastructure packages in relation to servers in a virtualized environment (eg VMware) using DevOps approaches.
- A minimum of 6 months experiences testing of supporting services, such as Active Directory, LDAP, MS Exchange, PKI, Queueing systems.
- Knowledge of continuous testing of ICT infrastructure packages deployed using a DevOps approach.
- Knowledge of scripting with PowerShell
- Knowledge on structured test approaches & techniques on higher test levels (eg System-testing, Operational Acceptance Testing)
- Knowledge of testing the following Software Quality Characteristics: Functionality, Technical Security, Usability, Efficiency, Reliability, Maintainability, Portability.
- Knowledge of security vulnerability scanning tools (eg NESSUS, OWASP ZAP).
- Knowledge of using performance test tools (eg Visual Studio Load tests, HP Loadrunner, jMeter).
- Knowledge of centralised monitoring tools (eg SCOM, Nagios) and/or, virtualization consoles (eg vSphere).
- ISTQB and/or ITIL certified
Please get in touch for further details regarding this role.
Our global IT services client seeks contract DevOps Engineers to be based on client site in Newcastle become part of an Agile delivery responsible for building production and technical test services as required. The DevOps Engineers will also be responsible for the installation, configuration and integration of apps across the environment. Due to the nature of our client’s business and the short duration of this contract, we are ideally looking for candidates with existing SC clearance. The rate available for this contract is up to £365 per day.
- Strong technical background - predominantly in Unix and RedHat Linux.
- Proven working knowledge and experience in Unix (IBM AIX), Red Hat Linux & Scripting.
- Proven experience in technical automation and tools, including HP CSA, SA, OO as well as Chef, Puppet, Git.
- Knowledge and experience of RPMS would be highly advantageous.
Please APPLY today to learn more about this exciting contract opportunity.
Endeavour has a fantastic contract opportunity for an API Product Specialist Expert to join a Digital Transformation reputable organisation, based in Brussels, for an initial 3 months contract.
The successful candidate must be able to :
- define and implement a technical deployment architecture of the API Gateway infrastructure taking into consideration non-functional constraints like sizing, performance, monitoring
- define and implement APIs on the API Gateway for SOAP and REST services using WS-Security, OAuth, OpenID Connect
- define and implement a DevOps release-build-deploy-test cycle of deployment artifacts targeted towards the API Gateway
Skills and experience:
- Red Hat Linux, Oracle database, Kibana
- Jenkins C.I. server
- WS-Security, OAuth, OpenID Connect
- DevOps release-build-deploy-test cycle experience
Please apply and get in touch for further details on this exciting new challenge!
Endeavour Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our leading client based in London. This is an initial 6-month contract with a daily rate of £500+ depending on experience. Candidates must hold Security Clearance.
Responsibilities will include;
- Improve and expand AWS platform
- Apply changes using configuration management tools
- Support and troubleshoot complex micro-service based environment
- Improve monitoring and performance measurement tools
- Implement and improve security stack/tools
- Automating various tasks using puppet, ansible and scripting
Your skill set should include a solid mix of the following:
- AWS, services, SDK
- Ruby/Python or any other high-level language
- WEB servers (Apache, Nginx)
- Networking (TCP/IP, LoadBalancing, Firewalls)
- Databases (Mongo, Postgres or alternative)
- RabbitMQ or alternative
- Security in the cloud
- Continues integration for developing applications (Jenkins, GIT, Nexus, Artifactory)
Calling for all Linux experts looking for their next challenge!
A large and reputable Telecoms client, based in Brussels is looking for a Linux expert with strong Devops experience, and passionate about Openstack, to join their team for an exciting 6 months contract initially.
As the successful candidate you will be part of a team that designs, implements and operates tailor-made and standardized ICT solutions. You will ensure service management, technical consultancy and pre/after sales support in order to meet/exceed customer expectation.
Daily tasks will include the following:
- validating proposed solution in pre-sales phase
- designing service delivery for ICT solutions
- implementing, operating and maintaining ICT solutions
- providing technical advice towards customers and colleagues in order to effectively inform them, and recommend the appropriate technical solution.
- developing, maintaining and sharing technical expertise and customer specific information
Skills and Experience:
Industrial engineer or equivalent by experience.
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience and expertise in:
- General Linux (RHEL)
- Basics Network & Security
- HA Proxy
- Openstack / Openshift
- Basics Database: MySQL / Oracle (RAC) / Dataguard / Gridcontrol
- Dutch and French speaking are assets
If you are customer- minded, enjoy working in a team, and this role sounds of interest, please apply for further details.
Endeavour Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our client based in Leeds on a long-term contract. Candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance (SC). There is a daily rate in the region of £450.00 plus expenses.
As a DevOps engineer you will be working as part of an agile team utilising your Linux administrator skills.
- Experience designing systems within a DevOps environment
- Linux, GitHub, Continuous Integration, Cloud technologies, Virtualisation Tools, Monitoring utilities, Disaster recovery process/tools
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Experience in System Integration
- Knowledge of the following: Hadoop, Flume, Sqoop, Map Reduce, Hive/Impala, Hbase, Kafka, Spark Streaming
- Experience of ETL tools incorporating Big Data Shell Scripting, Python
- Understanding of: LAN, WAN, VPN and SD Networks
- Hardware and Cabling set-up experience
- Experience of implementing and supporting Big Data analytics platforms built on top of Hadoop
- Knowledge and appreciation of Information security
If you are looking for a challenging role in an exciting environment, then please do not hesitate to apply!!