Endeavour is looking for an experienced Python software engineer to join our Financial client’s growing technology team, based in London for an exciting career opportunity.
The role will follow a hybrid model with proportion of the working week remotely.
The successful Python Developer will be someone who enjoys innovating, problem solving and wants to be at the forefront of transformation. As our client continues to grow organically and through acquisition, the firm is in the process of redefining its technology strategy which requires proprietary applications that can grow at scale.
The current technology landscape is a mixture of off-the-shelf applications and bespoke in-house developments. The integration of these platforms will be paramount before further developing client facing technology.
The selected Python software engineer will report to Chief Technology Officer and be responsible for the following key areas:
• Delivering Python-based application with a web frontend (Django preferable)
• Integration of existing enterprise grade applications
• Delivering bespoke web development to a large client base
• To assist in architecting the future state of software development
• 3 + years commercial experience as a senior developer
• A BSC in Computer Science or an equivalent analytical/numerate subject
• Have commercial hands-on coding experience
• Experience of leveraging REST APIs to undertake application integration
• Experience of unit and end-to-end testing of Python
• Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
• Experience with software version control, specifically Git/GitHub (checking in/out, committing,
branching and tagging)
• Be well versed with Test Driven Development and Paired Programming
• Be passionate about collaboration and influencing peers and junior engineers
• Have excellent communication skills and be comfortable communicating complex ideas to
people at all levels across our business
Send us your CV or get in touch for more details on this fantastic opportunity!
Long-term contract opportunity – 100% remote!
A growing UK based client is looking for a Technical Business Analyst to be part of their global team and help them with a transformation program.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and forward -thinking BA, used to working with development teams, specially focused on C#, .NET, Azure technologies.
Experience with financial, accounting debt management software payment systems industry is a strong asset.
The selected Technical Business Analyst will join a team to help deliver bigger and better Digital platforms. You will work with the developers to plan stories and take the lead as the BA throughout the development projects. In this role, you will build relationships across all levels of the organisation and help solve complex challenges by creating innovative business and/or digital enterprise solutions, within an Agile environment.
- Experience of working within a regulated industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at senior levels, both written and oral, within the business and IT strategy areas.
- Experience of projects with significant integration challenges. Deep understanding of integration approaches and technologies.
- Experience of at least one technical architecture discipline (application, data or infrastructure), some knowledge of others.
- A broad and recognised set of knowledge across the full spectrum of Architecture, including things like; Leadership and ownership of technology solutions, Cloud transformation, Digital transformations, Technology architecture tools and techniques as well as knowledge of TOGAF or equivalent method awareness and real-world experience, Technology domain knowledge and experience.
- Establishing good relationships with clients and other professionals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative approach for driving decisions
- Fluent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
- Strong problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Working alongside Development teams working in an Agile Environment with DevOps, .Net, C#, Azure
- Experience in working with teams of >= 5 members
If this sounds like you, please send us your CV or get in touch ASAP for further details!
Technical Business Analyst
Technical Business Analyst – Banking – Finances
We have a long-term contract opportunity for a Technical Business Analyst to join our client in January 2022 for a 12-month contract.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Business Analyst who has worked in large financial organisations and has experience in software development within the financial industry.
The tasks/activities will include:
- Assistance to the business departments in writing business cases.
- Business analysis of complex projects, this will encompass the following tasks:
- Eliciting requirements,
- Requirements analysis,
- Co-authoring of the business requirements with the business experts,
- Authoring of the functional requirements.
- Be the interface between the business experts and the IT project managers, solution architects and developers.
- Assisting the IT developers and IT testers on the business and functional aspects of the projects.
- Writing conceptual data model, business processes and building the functional architecture of the projects.
- Eventually participating to the testing activities: writing test strategies, test cases, preparing test data, executing test cases.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in business analysis in large (more than 500 employees) financial organisations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development in the finance industry is mandatory.
- Software architecture experience is recommended.
- Testing of IT applications in the financial field.
- Demonstrable knowledge in:
- Modelling technics and languages: UML and business process modelling.
- English writing skills (C1 European Level), French is recommended (B2 European Level)
VBA Subject Matter Expert required for a very long-term contract based in Luxembourg at the client’s headquarters.
|Start date: January 2022 till January 2026|
The Subject Matter Expert is needed to provide the following services:
o Support several applications (mainly visual basic for applications ("VBA") and macros) in particular the Funding division
o Perform analysis, testing, documentation, reporting, and change management
o Maintain customer relationships including managing change processes and communication
o Act as a change agent to help facilitate effective deployments/modifications to new and current practices
o Identify risks and liaise on issues related to changes
o Work with the client's subject matter experts to gather business requirements and any other relevant input required for various projects as requested.
The Subject Matter Expert’s responsibilities and deliverable tasks will include:
- Develop new required features in the VBA applications and macros the Expert Consultant is responsible for:
o Follow up on deliverables with internal and external parties
o Prepare documents to support internal decision making, testing and training material
o Perform testing, create change management documentation and otherwise support the deployment of technologies and perform production support
o Ensure all material is stored on the client's SharePoint environment for audit purposes
o Other related tasks as applicable such as organising and running meetings, developing agendas, preparing minutes, following up on open actions, identifying risk and issues with appropriate mitigating actions.
- Microsoft documents including the related computer code for all developments and applications.
- Complete and reliable functional and technical documentation concerning implemented functionalities.
- Complete test management for all functionalities and developments including:
- Creation and execution of relevant test cases, demonstrating the expected behaviour in terms of requirements fulfilment and software quality;
- Creation and execution of training, support, communications and other change management material as needed to support the change management processes.
Required Technical skills/experience:
• Software development experience with VBA and Microsoft Office macros (Access and Excel)
• Ability to manage multiple tasks under competing deadlines and shifting priorities
• Minimum 8years of IT experience
• Have a minimum of 5 years of direct experience with similar and relevant IT responsibilities
• Ability to document clear and complete business requirements
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
Please get in touch for further details or send your CV to apply for this not-to-be-missed long-term opportunity!
Exciting long-term contract opportunity for a Salesforce Application Security Expert to work with a reputable global client.
The role is fully REMOTE!
The selected Salesforce Application Security Expert will work in one of three centers of excellence (CoE), consisting of several teams that together build the front office application. You will help orchestrate security in the CoEs and provide them with guidelines on the security requirements that we have from and ensure they adhere to them. To this end, you will work with the different development teams (squads) in the COEs and for instance support them with secure design patterns, help them understand the impact of design decisions and ensure a standard security approach over the teams.
You are capable of managing meetings with all kinds of stakeholders (business, marketing). You will work closely with other CoEs in the organisation, as well as with our Operating Companies to orchestrate security in the solution that we deliver.
- Perform threat modelling on the business processes being modeled
- Ensuring security by design in the architectural design patterns
- Evaluate the performance of development teams in relation to Security by Design
- Working with internal and external stakeholders on all levels to map security requirements and support integrating them in the designs and products
- Ensure the setup and implementation of a secure ecosystem with the Salesforce front office as your main responsibility
- Setup a Security Operations Center together with your Security Colleagues of the other CoEs for the front office and make sure that the correct Operating Model is implemented
Skills and experience required:
- master’s/Bachelor’s degree in Information technology or equivalent qualification
- thorough knowledge of salesforce, software development in salesforce and integrating with salesforce
- knowledge of security patterns for web technology
- understanding of modern full stack solutions, RESTful APIs and data modeling
- understanding of automated software delivery (CI/CD)
- vendor/stakeholder management
- requirements analysis
- 5-7 years of experience a as security specialist
- 5-7 years of experience in a global corporate environment
- information security and data privacy
- experience with salesforce is a must
- experience in complex stakeholder management
- demonstrated ability to think strategically about security, business, product, and technical challenges
Please send your CV ASAP or get in touch for further details on this exciting remote contract opportunity!
Are you looking for a new career opportunity, to start in 2020?
Are you a skilled and enthusiastic engineer with Web development experience?
Are you passionate about Cloud technologies?
Do you have an interest for Digital marketing?
If the answer is yes, then this new opportunity could be just for you!
Endeavour is looking for a keen Software Engineer to join our client from the telecommunications sector, based in Buckinghamshire and work in Web development.
This permanent role would suit a software engineer who would enjoy a mixed role - both supporting our client’s website and digital marketing initiatives.
The successful Web Development Engineer will be working with engineering teams building converged cloud communications applications.
- degree in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline.
- Up to 2 years’ experience is desirable, although a more recent graduate with an excellent degree will certainly be considered.
- System administration and software development on Linux and Windows
- Knowledge of Web Security
- Virtualisation (AWS EC2, VMWare)
- Database programming (MySQL, SQL Server)
- Web Services/REST APIs & Cloud Based Applications
- Understanding of TCP/IP and networking
- Webpage design
Please send us your CV and get in touch ASAP, for further details about this exciting opportunity to join an established client with Global scope.
A successful cyber-security company is looking for an AWS Cloud Engineer to join their growing cloud focused team. This is the perfect opportunity for somebody who has a passion for the cloud and solving problems.
2 years serverless AWS experience required.
About the Role:
The role of Cloud Engineer is to develop and support cloud operations. As a member of the Cloud Solutions team, you will be responsible for all aspects of the cloud operations. This entails contributing to early product/solution concepts that include translating business uses cases for new cloud services, to working designs, build and ultimately operational support once deployed.
The Cloud Engineer function resides within the Solution Centre of Excellence, this allocates some of your time interfacing with customers or partners during project on-boarding. The role will involve extensive use of the latest serverless and DevOps approaches to develop solutions for both small internal projects, and very highly available external services.
You will be expected:
- Work closely with the development / test teams
- Combine your creative aptitude whilst working with the company’s pioneering Content Threat Removal Platform.
- Interact with the Solution Architect team and assist in training them to become subject matter experts in cloud platform.
- Design, prototype and build various cloud-based solutions for Content Threat Removal using the latest appropriate techniques.
- Help support and improve cloud services in production.
- Work with customers to enable use of products and services.
- Promote and encourage use of the cloud within the business.
- Keep up to date with new cloud features and identify opportunities they present.
- A willingness to learn new technologies.
- Requirement for some remunerated out of hours operational support.
- Attend relevant cloud-based seminars / training events.
Technical Skills Required:
- A strong history of working with AWS products.
- Experience of software development with multiple languages.
- Ability to communicate technical solutions.
- A strong understanding of the various technologies and protocols involved in API and web development.
- Experience of running services in production.
If you wish to be considered or you want to know more about the role then please contact us as soon as possible. These opportunities do not present themselves often.
Are you a looking for an excellent career opportunity? Our client is recruiting for a Software Development Project Manager to join their team in Southampton. This is a permanent position and the salary for this role is up to £45,000 depending on experience.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject, or with equivalent experiences
- Accredited project management qualification(s) in a relevant methodology (e.g. SCRUM (Agile), PRINCE2 or ITIL)
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple planned and unplanned projects, large and small changes, absorbing complex technical and logistical issues and rapidly defining and implementing resolution plans
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in carrying out a Project Managers role within a software development environment performing within an Agile framework
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of major development projects from initiation to completion
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with proven experience in communicating directly with customers, suppliers and stakeholders at all levels within the business
- Strong analytical skills, strategic vision, and logical approach to problem solving, coupled with a strong oral and written communication skills
- A flexible, task orientated positive and pragmatic approach to managing projects
- Be able to refine approach and focus as business requirements dictate
- Demonstrate a high level of Customer Facing disciplines and project successes.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Operational experience in a development environment
- Understanding of Retail and Loyalty & Payment Solutions
- Experience with the use of CA Rally
- Strong background in Retail business understanding and development
- Experience with ERP implementations
Please, get in touch for further details on the exciting career opportunity!
Endeavour has an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Software developer, to join a global client in the Energy industry, based in Oxfordshire.
The successful candidate will be working on cloud visualization for our client’s Landmark geoscience applications.
This position is open to all candidates - entry level to senior
- Bachelors in Computer Science/Engineering/IT required for entry level position..
- 5+ years’ experience in software development.
- Good development skills in cloud visualization applications where knowledge is key.
- Computer Graphics
- MEAN stack.
- Augmented/Virtual Reality
- Game Engines
- Video streaming a plus.
Please, get in touch to discuss and apply for this exciting role!
Endeavour Recruitment has a new opportunity for a Technical Project Manager. Working closely with the project manager, primary responsibility will be the delivery of the technical scope of projects throughout the full life cycle.
The Technical Project Manager will manage teams of software engineers and testers to deliver projects to requisite quality standards on time and within budget. There will also be responsibility for the delivery of the technical scope of the project throughout the complete project lifecycle. This is not a “hands on development role” but is about management of teams, resolving issues arising and guiding where necessary.
- Minimum of 5 Years in Full Software Development Lifecycle
- Minimum of 3 Years in a Technical Lead role
- Experience of Designing & Implementing High Availability Systems
- Analysing Requirements & Compiling Functional Design
- Agile, Waterfall and V methodologies
- C# - ASP.Net – Visual Studio
- Experience of working in ISO9001 environment
- Onsite Testing experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related subject
- Business Intelligence reporting and associated dashboard design capability.
- Good working knowledge of current software legislative requirements.
- Previous experience in either Logistics, Material Handling or Airports or Manufacturing.
- Eligible for, or holds current SC clearance
Applicants are invited to apply as soon as possible in order to be included in the shortlist.