Our client, a prestigious company and brand, requires a Content Analyst to join their Digital Development team.
We are currently seeking a Content Analyst to work on our client’s digital publishing products which are mainly produced in XML.
The successful Content Analyst will be required to undertake quality assurance (QA), testing and management of the platform’s XML content.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience or training in the digital publishing sector (digital production or production) and an interest in the development of digital technologies for the publishing industry.
Skills and experience
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic person with the following attributes:
- Knowledge of XML as applied in a publishing, academic or online environment
- A basic knowledge of HTML would also prove good background experience
- Experience of working with and navigating highly structured documents using XPath
- Excellent written English and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely for a range of audiences
- Experience of or familiarity with XML querying or transformation (xQuery or XSLT)
- Experience of using digital editing software, e.g. oXygen, XML Spy or similar
- Experience of working with a database or CMS
- Familiarity with XML content models (e.g. DocBook or TEI) and validation
- Experience of working in a publishing environment, ideally in academic social sciences or humanities
- An interest in the development of digital technologies for the publishing industry.
- Experience of scripting or coding an advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of our client’s growing digital team.