Endeavour Recruitment has a not to be missed permanent opportunity for an experience DevOps Engineer.
Excellent career and financial prospects!
Cape Town or Johannesburg based
As the DevOps Engineer you will be working in an agile environment alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of developers and operational staff.
You will take full responsibility for the uptime, performance, security and deployment of the entire web and development environment.
Fast- paced environment where efficiency is a priority and multi-tasking is a requirement.
You will be instrumental in being part of the transition from a traditional hosted environment to a fully cloud hosted environment with containerisation and serverless on the horizon.
This position is demanding yet very rewarding. If you can visualise the future and drive progress to move towards it, this position is made for you!
- Focus will be on delivering solutions in Azure, AWS and GCP while automating deployment, system maintenance, and keeping the platforms monitored and stable.
- Working in collaboration with the operations team.
- Architect and manage Azure infrastructure.
- Manage AWS and GCP infrastructure.
- Manage security.
- Manage CDN services.
- Implement and oversee secure practices in hosting and the SDLC process.
- Manage backup and disaster recovery.
- Manage infrastructure and licencing budgets.
- Automate deployment, monitoring, response, backup, and recovery procedures.
- Modernize legacy infrastructure to take advantage of Azure capability.
- Collaborate with architects to deliver solutions that are both cost efficient and highly scalable.
- Continuous scalability and cost optimisation.
- Documentation of all infrastructure and procedures.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of IIS, nGinx, ElasticSearch, Redis, MySQL, MS SQL.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Be available after hours to attend to critical outages and planned changes.
Skills and competence:
- Proven track record of designing, implementing, and supporting high scale services.
- Ability to match business needs with smart solutions to meet scalability and costing needs.
- Ability to constructively lead others and by so doing raise team performance.
- An excellent communicator both verbally and written.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to absorb pressure in stressful situations.
- Broad cloud knowledge, staying abreast of all tech trends.
- Flexible about working with a wide range of technologies.
Qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in managing and building scalable infrastructure.
- 5+ years’ hands-on DevOps experience
- 3+ years’ experience in working in agile teams.
- Software related degree/diploma
- Preferred certifications: Microsoft Azure Architect Design / Technologies, Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions and Security Technologies
- Hands on experience with the following:
- Architectural and strategic input
- Cost calculations and budgeting for forecasts and planning
- Documentation for both knowledge sharing and auditing needs
- Virtual Networking
- Secure practices
- MS SQL
- Infrastructure as code
- Serverless architecture
Does the above match your experience and expectations? If so, please get in touch asap. We look forward to receiving your cv!
Endeavour Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our award winning global defence client on a permanent basis. The role will be hybrid and the candidate will be expected to be on-site in Bristol 3 days a week.
Essential skills & experience:
- Working within teams
- Evidence of self-development
- Worked with a variety of programming languages
- Agile practices such as scrum
- Writing code with test-driven development
- Familiarity with architectural and design patterns
- Windows and/or Linux administration
- Continuous Integration and Testing implementation
What’s on offer:
- Our client develops and support a wide variety of software products ranging from Graphical User Interface to Application level business logic across a broad range of our weapon system products.
- The team works across new and existing software products building overall product knowledge. It involves all aspects of the software development lifecycle with a supportive team.
- Our client uses a broad range of software technologies and tools including C++, Java, C#, DDS, Web Services, Qt, Linux and Windows depending on the needs of the project.
- Opportunities for career progression, great bonus/pension scheme, paid overtime and flexible working!
If you want to join a strong team with an open and supportive approach to software development please apply ASAP to be shortlisted.
Infrastructure & Systems Specialist
Endeavour has an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Specialist to join a consultancy firm, based in London, providing a comprehensive array of professional services to fintech companies, online businesses and payment solution providers.
The role offers remote flexibility with presence onsite required when needed.
The successful Infrastructure Specialist will be joining our client’s IT team and be responsible for ensuring that our client’s server and hosted application needs are met and that the health of their global infrastructure is monitored and maintained. You will configure and manage dozens of platforms powering websites, mailboxes, databases, and in-house software. In addition, it’ll be your job to drive improvements, which will include the implementation of automation whether it relates to boosting the effectiveness of processes or the efficiency of internal teams.
The selected Infrastructure Specialist will have the following demonstrable skills/experience required:
- Five or more years of experience in system administration or related IT role.
- Experience administering a wide variety of *nix platforms.
- Proven experience configuring and managing systems running Debian and CentOS (or derivatives), and software such as OpenSSH, Nginx, Apache, MySQL, Postfix, and Dovecot.
- Experience with tools and products like Chef/Ansible and Vagrant/Docker.
- Automate everything mindset with a ridiculous amount of experience in automating tasks through scripting.
- Knowledge of one or more languages such as Python, Go, Perl, Java, Bash, and PHP.
- Strong familiarity with supporting high-volume eCommerce websites.
- Understanding of hardware, information security, networking concepts, and enterprise applications.
- Basic abilities in network administration: experience working with Cisco/F5 products and a solid understanding of network protocols.
- Ability to quickly analyse complex issues, come up with innovative solutions, and determine possible causes. A high aptitude for problem solving is required.
- Ability to balance conflicting concerns such as security, maintainability, and usability.
- Experience supporting remotely located end users and systems, and an understanding of the impact of technology on the business.
- Ability to work to a very high standard and tight deadlines with colleagues from across the globe.
- Autonomous, detail-oriented, highly organized, and quick to adapt to changes.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willingness and ability to learn and master new tools and latest trends.
- Ability to work outside of typical business hours on occasion.
- Certifications (e.g. CompTIA Linux+, LPIC-*, RHCSA, ITIL® etc.) a huge asset.
If this sounds like you, send your CV or get in touch for further details!
Are you looking for a new career opportunity, to start in 2020?
Are you a skilled and enthusiastic engineer with Web development experience?
Are you passionate about Cloud technologies?
Do you have an interest for Digital marketing?
If the answer is yes, then this new opportunity could be just for you!
Endeavour is looking for a keen Software Engineer to join our client from the telecommunications sector, based in Buckinghamshire and work in Web development.
This permanent role would suit a software engineer who would enjoy a mixed role - both supporting our client’s website and digital marketing initiatives.
The successful Web Development Engineer will be working with engineering teams building converged cloud communications applications.
- degree in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline.
- Up to 2 years’ experience is desirable, although a more recent graduate with an excellent degree will certainly be considered.
- System administration and software development on Linux and Windows
- Knowledge of Web Security
- Virtualisation (AWS EC2, VMWare)
- Database programming (MySQL, SQL Server)
- Web Services/REST APIs & Cloud Based Applications
- Understanding of TCP/IP and networking
- Webpage design
Please send us your CV and get in touch ASAP, for further details about this exciting opportunity to join an established client with Global scope.
We are seeking someone who has experience with 1st Line Support to join our client for an initial 6 week contract based in Twickenham. You will provide day to day operational support, support the installation and deployment of hardware and software, manage and plan upgrades, and maintain existing systems. Rate IRO £100 per day.
To be successful in this 1st Line Support Engineer role you must have the following experience –
- Windows desktop and office support and troubleshooting
- Basic Windows server administration
- Office 365 support and administration
- Basic knowledge of networking
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this 1st Line Support role.
Excellent new opportunity for a Senior PHP Developer to work for a large transportation client in Brussels, Belgium.
Our client has requested that the candidate chosen for this role is fluent in Dutch or French with a good understanding of the other and English.
The duration of this role is initially until the end of 2019 with possibility of extensions and the all-inclusive daily rate is €435 euros.
What is expected of the Senior PHP Developer? - Role and Responsibilities:
- As a PHP Developer, you have the opportunity to collaborate on projects that are technically and functionally challenging.
- You are not afraid to look for and find a good technical solution for all types of problems
- Monitor standards in our PHP domain and ready to promote the overall quality of the code
- Ready to pass on your knowledge
- Ready to promote the general quality of the code
- This project is both back-end and front-end oriented. Equal attention will therefore be paid to the technical skills required for the back-end as well as for the front-end.
Extensive experience with the following skills is required:
- Zend Framework
- Symfony 3 & 4
- Linux : Debian/CentOS/Ubuntu
- Node JS
- Percona cluster
- Agile / Scrum
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role as a Senior PHP Developer, then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
Are you a looking for an excellent permanent role? We are recruiting for a Windows Build and Deployment Engineer to join a client in Southampton, Hampshire. This role is a permanent position.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Windows build and update deployment in accordance with industry best practices for secure systems.
- Updates and patches are to be reviewed and tested whilst liaising with the security team to ensure any vulnerabilities are remediated effectively.
- Optimise and improve the system build and imaging processes for customer systems.
- Working with the security team to maintain system hardening standards (CIS).
- Maintaining anti-virus and anti-malware configuration.
- Testing software patches in line with regression test scripts.
- Maintain the security patching process for OS system images, ensuring systems receive then action appropriate updates on time and with minimal system impact.
- Deploying and managing application deployment into system images.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure ongoing compliance and governance is maintained.
- Support third party vulnerability testing and audit of system builds.
- Working with the security council and raising security incidents relating to system builds.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have Desktop, EPOS build and configuration experience
- Experience of deployment tools, Ghost, Windows MDT and WDS
- You must have Product Activation Techniques (MAK/KMS)
- Proven experience of creating and deploying custom OS images
- You should have Windows 7, Windows 10 build and MS troubleshooting experience
- Intermediate network skills
- Technical Knowledge of Intel based hardware systems
- You must have commercial experience in basic IT infrastructure
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Scripting (PowerShell/Python)
- Understanding of windows licencing models.
- Windows or InfoSec industry Certifications
Please, get in touch for further details on this exciting career opportunity as a Windows Build and Deployment Engineer!
Software Test Engineer Needed! Endeavour Recruitment is seeking an experienced Software Test Engineer for their client in Leicester. The Software Test Engineer is required to take responsibility for testing software on multiple projects and ensure all defects are resolved. A background in process control, warehouse automation or industrial control logistics advantageous. Salary up to £40K plus benefits.
Our client is based in Leicester, the largest city in the East Midlands. It is home to manufacturing, engineering and IT industries. With an excellent infrastructure of road and rail links this makes Leicester accessible from many regions.
- Pension Contribution of 6%
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Dental Plan
- Travel Insurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Home Insurance
- Holiday Trading Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts on Shopping, Cinema, Days Out
Working collaboratively with Software Engineers the Software Test Engineer would take ownership of the testing requirements. You must ensure that all function and non-functional requirements are translated into test cases. Manage the configuration control of hardware and software test environments. Perform testing and record results. Ensure testing is carried out with the project constraints.
Working Knowledge Required:
- Software release and configuration management systems.
- Installation and configuration of applications on Windows/Unix/Linux server environments.
- SQL to query database table content.
- Work in Process Control, Warehouse Automation, Control Logistics or a similar business area.
- Experience in performing Factory and User Acceptance Testing.
- Testing of mission critical high availability systems.
- Generating test scenarios from client’s brief and translating into functional tests.
- Minimum of ISEB foundation certificate for software testing
- Experience using both V-model and Waterfall methodology is essential
If you believe you have the right experience and previous track record to successfully deliver in this role, then please apply quickly in order to be shortlisted.
A successful cyber-security company is looking for a Researcher to join their growing research team. This is the perfect opportunity for somebody who has an analytical mind and possesses a broad understanding of the digital world.
What are the clients expectations of you? :
- Undertake desktop research on topical cyber security issues
- Follow up on announcements of the latest cyber-attacks
- Liaise with other professionals in order to obtain further information and insight
- Prepare written summaries of the research work
- Create demonstrations
- Contribute to research publications and presentations
- Must be eligible for SC clearance.
- Experience of scripting in languages such as Python and Powershell
- Installing and configuring basic operating systems such as Windows and CentOS
- Working in virtualised environments, in the cloud and on premise
- Diagnosing network problems using tools i.e. Wireshark
- Using hex editors to probe the structure of files
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications
- Develop prototype software, integrate basic system components and present results in reports and presentations.
- You will have a computing based degree.
If you wish to be considered or you want to know more about the role then please contact us as soon as possible. These opportunities do not present themselves often.