Endeavour Recruitment have an excellent permanent opportunity for a Software Engineer with Embedded software experience to join our client based in Chertsey.
Candidates applying for this role must be eligible for Security Clearance.
This work may include assisting and mentoring junior engineers as appropriate.
The selected Software Engineer will be involved in the following deliverable tasks:
- Software design, development, and review (from concept to final product) for a range of systems from small embedded single processors through to multi-processor networked systems.
- Work with system and hardware engineers to implement software solutions that may include software-hardware and software-firmware interfaces.
- Work to detailed technical requirements through all phases of design, integration, and testing.
- Communicate effectively with other team members within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Generate clear and concise technical documentation as required, both for internal company use and as part of a deliverable customer documentation pack.
- Provide technical input to decisions on the suitability of software design solutions.
- Liaise and co-operate with the Project Managers and Software Design Lead to resolve technical, project or resource problems and conflict.
- Supporting the research and development of products within the Company, improving engineering quality, efficiency, and cost.
- Participate in project reviews and support presentations at relevant Design Review Meetings.
- Support to the Business Development team, provide input to technical proposals when required, and be able to handle sensitive information in the course of your work.
Essential skills and experience:
- At least 5 years professional experience as software engineer
- Knowledge and experience of software design and development, particularly using UML-based design specification and implementation in at least one of the key software languages; C, C++, C#, and Java.
- Yocto Linux experience or Linux device driver experience.
- GUI; HCI
- Knowledge and experience of structured software design methodologies.
- Degree-level education in a related engineering discipline.
- Military background in defence would be highly desirable.
- Interest in professional development or working towards Chartered status would be desirable.
- A high level of both verbal and written communication skills. You must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, customers and suppliers
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multi-site team.
- Innovative and creative thinking.
- Willingness to work as part of a collaborative enterprise with other companies, including short periods of detached duty where necessary
Send your CV or get in touch for further details