Software Test Engineer Needed! Endeavour Recruitment is seeking an experienced Software Test Engineer for their client in Leicester. The Software Test Engineer is required to take responsibility for testing software on multiple projects and ensure all defects are resolved. A background in process control, warehouse automation or industrial control logistics advantageous. Salary up to £40K plus benefits.
Our client is based in Leicester, the largest city in the East Midlands. It is home to manufacturing, engineering and IT industries. With an excellent infrastructure of road and rail links this makes Leicester accessible from many regions.
- Pension Contribution of 6%
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Dental Plan
- Travel Insurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Home Insurance
- Holiday Trading Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts on Shopping, Cinema, Days Out
Working collaboratively with Software Engineers the Software Test Engineer would take ownership of the testing requirements. You must ensure that all function and non-functional requirements are translated into test cases. Manage the configuration control of hardware and software test environments. Perform testing and record results. Ensure testing is carried out with the project constraints.
Working Knowledge Required:
- Software release and configuration management systems.
- Installation and configuration of applications on Windows/Unix/Linux server environments.
- SQL to query database table content.
- Work in Process Control, Warehouse Automation, Control Logistics or a similar business area.
- Experience in performing Factory and User Acceptance Testing.
- Testing of mission critical high availability systems.
- Generating test scenarios from client’s brief and translating into functional tests.
- Minimum of ISEB foundation certificate for software testing
- Experience using both V-model and Waterfall methodology is essential
If you believe you have the right experience and previous track record to successfully deliver in this role, then please apply quickly in order to be shortlisted.