Are you a looking for an excellent permanent role? We are recruiting for a Windows Build and Deployment Engineer to join a client in Southampton, Hampshire. This role is a permanent position.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Windows build and update deployment in accordance with industry best practices for secure systems.
- Updates and patches are to be reviewed and tested whilst liaising with the security team to ensure any vulnerabilities are remediated effectively.
- Optimise and improve the system build and imaging processes for customer systems.
- Working with the security team to maintain system hardening standards (CIS).
- Maintaining anti-virus and anti-malware configuration.
- Testing software patches in line with regression test scripts.
- Maintain the security patching process for OS system images, ensuring systems receive then action appropriate updates on time and with minimal system impact.
- Deploying and managing application deployment into system images.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure ongoing compliance and governance is maintained.
- Support third party vulnerability testing and audit of system builds.
- Working with the security council and raising security incidents relating to system builds.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have Desktop, EPOS build and configuration experience
- Experience of deployment tools, Ghost, Windows MDT and WDS
- You must have Product Activation Techniques (MAK/KMS)
- Proven experience of creating and deploying custom OS images
- You should have Windows 7, Windows 10 build and MS troubleshooting experience
- Intermediate network skills
- Technical Knowledge of Intel based hardware systems
- You must have commercial experience in basic IT infrastructure
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Scripting (PowerShell/Python)
- Understanding of windows licencing models.
- Windows or InfoSec industry Certifications
Please, get in touch for further details on this exciting career opportunity as a Windows Build and Deployment Engineer!