Infrastructure & Systems Specialist
Endeavour has an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Specialist to join a consultancy firm, based in London, providing a comprehensive array of professional services to fintech companies, online businesses and payment solution providers.
The role offers remote flexibility with presence onsite required when needed.
The successful Infrastructure Specialist will be joining our client’s IT team and be responsible for ensuring that our client’s server and hosted application needs are met and that the health of their global infrastructure is monitored and maintained. You will configure and manage dozens of platforms powering websites, mailboxes, databases, and in-house software. In addition, it’ll be your job to drive improvements, which will include the implementation of automation whether it relates to boosting the effectiveness of processes or the efficiency of internal teams.
The selected Infrastructure Specialist will have the following demonstrable skills/experience required:
- Five or more years of experience in system administration or related IT role.
- Experience administering a wide variety of *nix platforms.
- Proven experience configuring and managing systems running Debian and CentOS (or derivatives), and software such as OpenSSH, Nginx, Apache, MySQL, Postfix, and Dovecot.
- Experience with tools and products like Chef/Ansible and Vagrant/Docker.
- Automate everything mindset with a ridiculous amount of experience in automating tasks through scripting.
- Knowledge of one or more languages such as Python, Go, Perl, Java, Bash, and PHP.
- Strong familiarity with supporting high-volume eCommerce websites.
- Understanding of hardware, information security, networking concepts, and enterprise applications.
- Basic abilities in network administration: experience working with Cisco/F5 products and a solid understanding of network protocols.
- Ability to quickly analyse complex issues, come up with innovative solutions, and determine possible causes. A high aptitude for problem solving is required.
- Ability to balance conflicting concerns such as security, maintainability, and usability.
- Experience supporting remotely located end users and systems, and an understanding of the impact of technology on the business.
- Ability to work to a very high standard and tight deadlines with colleagues from across the globe.
- Autonomous, detail-oriented, highly organized, and quick to adapt to changes.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willingness and ability to learn and master new tools and latest trends.
- Ability to work outside of typical business hours on occasion.
- Certifications (e.g. CompTIA Linux+, LPIC-*, RHCSA, ITIL® etc.) a huge asset.
If this sounds like you, send your CV or get in touch for further details!
Application Support Technician
Our client, based in Surrey / South London has an opportunity for an Application Support Technician to join the team. It is an innovative place to work, where each person shares their skills and makes an important contribution and share the following values:
- Aims: Improve and Grow
- Improve – our company, our products
- Grow – from existing strengths, through creation & innovation
The company objectives are:
- Double the turnover in 5 years, achieving 20% profit
- Become market leaders in Development software
- Increase sales of existing products and services
- Introduce new products and services (sustainably)
Application Support Technician
Our client produces several software products. These products require both technical and functional support for our customers to use them to their full potential.
The Application Support Developer will need to understand the products and the platforms they are built on in order to provide the technical and functional support. They will need to understand and manage support requests in the support desk system and grow in their understanding of the subject matter. The platforms involve SQL Server, IIS, .NET, Azure and Excel reports with VBA code and the Application Support Developer will need to provide assistance in all these areas.
- Receiving, logging, escalating, and chasing outstanding issues in the helpdesk ticketing system in compliance with our service level obligations.
- Installing/upgrading our products for new and current clients.
- Contributing to the development and testing of new products and features
- Using available tools such as Visual Studio, TSQL, Excel, macros, product knowledge or similar, to investigate, debug and provide solutions to client queries and reported issues.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of our online documentation.
- Managing Remote Access connections to enable client support.
- Working with cloud services for hosting products on behalf of our clients.
- Assisting with creating and managing client customised reports in Excel, including using VBA coding and TSQL/SQL to prepare them.
- Maintaining test environments and client databases on network to enable client support.
- Experience working with a helpdesk ticketing system
- Familiarity with Excel, complex formulae, charts, pivots and an understanding of VBA
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, documentation and problem-solving capabilities
- Experience of Databases and/or SQL Server Management Studio
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and organise work efficiently, to prioritise demands
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Good verbal and written communication skill and good organisational ability.
- Approachable and helpful personality.
- Power BI
- Knowledge of Agile project management practices
- .NET C# or VBA, MVC, WPF, WinForms or similar platform
- Source control experience, e.g. GIT or TFS
- Knowledge of Azure or other cloud platform
- Experience of debugging code in an IDE such as Visual Studio
This is an exciting opportunity that offers the real opportunity to grow and upskill with training provided.
For further details, please don’t hesitate to apply
Calling for experienced PHP Developers!
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join a rapidly expanding, established travel
business. As the company scales up, our client is looking for talented senior software engineers
to join their team.
This position will be remote (but you can work from Manchester office if convenient)
Our client is looking for an experienced PHP developer who has managed applications
running in AWS.
The successful PHP developer will be working remotely as part of an in-house Dev team, reporting to the Lead Developer;
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop and enhance bespoke PHP applications, web services and APIs.
• Implement web service integrations with third parties.
• Contribute to the Technology Architecture.
• Utilise the AWS platform to supercharge the eCommerce platform
• Ensure the AWS infrastructure enables the applications to scale
• Ensure your code is secure and efficient and that it will meet capacity demands.
• Follow Development best practices to design, plan, develop and ship good code (agile process is centered around sprint planning, fortnightly sprints, retrospectives)
• Contribute ideas to progress and increase the success of the business.
• Take responsibility for delivering your projects in a timely manner.
• Enjoy communicating plans and progress clearly via Teams and Jira
• Strong knowledge and experience working with modern object-oriented PHP using
MVC frameworks such as Symfony or Yii.
• Designed, implemented and supported production applications on AWS
infrastructure. Great if you have your AWS Certified Solutions Architect cert.
• Strong database design skills (MySQL) and the ability to perform optimisation and
• Experience using Git as a version control system in a team context.
• Familiarity with modern frontend technologies like HTML5, CSS3, ES6, React.js
• Knowledge of some or all tools and methods such as Composer, Redis, Elasticache,
Continuous Integration, TDD, Atlassian Suite.
• The ability to contribute high quality code and contribute to peer reviews offering
constructive feedback on code style, naming and design.
• Strong teamwork and communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
• Strong knowledge of web performance optimisation and caching.
• Great problem solving and organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
• Experience writing clear specifications from gathered requirements and breaking
down projects into simple tasks that can be delegated to keep all business priorities
Get in touch or apply and send your CV ASAP for this not-to-be missed opportunity!
Are you looking to start a career in IT?
Do you have experience in IT support?
Endeavour has a fantastic opening for an IT Technician to join our Marketing and Advertising sector client’s team, based in Hertfordshire.
Our client is looking for candidates at the start of their IT career to come in and provide IT Network support and perform Quality Assurance related tasks.
Ideally you will have:
- some hands-on IT networking support or QA experience
- Windows servers
- Mac OS
- Active directory
If this sounds like you, then send us your CV or get in touch ASAP, for further details regarding this exciting career opportunity!
SAP Software Engineer required for a remote contract opportunity with a Swedish client.
Our client is looking for a SAP FICO profile who will be responsible for maintaining and developing end-to-end application including initiate, design, create functional requirements, test, and configurations in the SAP solution.
The selected SAP FICO profile will be part of a team of highly competent people with advanced SAP platform which is used globally.
Skills & Requirements:
You have a solid experience in SAP Accounting and Controlling areas regarding design, concepts, principles, and configurations.
- You can explain deep subject matter situations relating to finance, accounting, and SAP to all stakeholders.
- You are a team player and excellent communicator.
- 9+ years of experience within SAP FICO configuration, testing and support.
- Experience with SAP Logistics (SD/MM)
- Should have experience in at least 3 end to end Implementation.
- Good communication skills with fluent in English, oral and written.
Good to have:
- POS Inbound (CAR-POSDTA)
- Knowledge in the areas of ABAP, integrations and/or Fiori is a plus.
- Experience within Agile ways of working
- Good MS office skills, as design improvements need to be documented and presented.
Apply ASAP or get in touch for further details on this exciting new opportunity!
Exciting REMOTE contract opportunity for a skilled Kubernetes Administrator to join a financial sector client, based in Sweden!
The selected Kubernetes Administrator will be responsible for:
• Designing and implementing solutions to leverage a Kubernetes cluster
• Configuring hardware peripherals and services, managing settings and storage
• Deploying cloud-native applications, monitoring, and supporting a Kubernetes environment
Required skills and experience:
• Experience managing Kubernetes in production
• Experience with monitoring tools like ELK/Prometheus/Grafana preferred
• Experience with building and maintaining Kubernetes Operators
• Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
• Experience managing AWS EKS clusters
• General cloud architecture experience with AWS, in particular services used for administering a full software solution over time (CloudWatch, IAM, API Gateway, SNS, SES)
• Highly experienced with Docker and Linux containers in general
• Top notch Linux skills, Terraform and bash scripting skills
• SRE experience for a mid-large system at least
General DevOps Experience a plus
• A Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) is a plus
• Working understanding of Kafka is a plus
Apply and send your CV ASAP or get in touch for further info on this excellent contract opportunity.
Fantastic 12 months fixed-term contract opportunity for a Data Specialist to join global award-winning publishing organisation, based in London!
The role would suit someone with publishing experience looking to improve their systems knowledge and skills, or a systems-orientated profile who is looking to gain their first experience in publishing.
The selected Data Specialist will be reporting to Data Integration and Support Manager. You will be working from home until our client’s offices re-open.
As a Data specialist, your main responsibility is to execute the tasks required for various data quality initiatives. This includes the coordination and execution of acquisition-related data migration, and provide professional and effective support to the users of our client’s core finance and publishing systems.
- Supporting data quality initiatives, including assessing, cleaning and loading data in bulk on acquisition projects, backlist data reviews, etc. as directed by the Data Integration and Support Manager
- Maintenance and bulk loading of title data on third party title databases (e.g. Amazon Vendor Central)
- Providing excellent first line support on business applications managed by the Business Systems team, including Biblio, VI Portal, Focal Point, Dimensions and (future) Cognos, including user account set up, to agreed service levels.
- Escalating support issues to colleagues and vendors.
- Managing the support queue, including the proper classification of tickets in Zendesk.
- Assisting with systems testing and configuration.
- Monitoring operations, such as scheduled feeds and interfaces; troubleshooting and escalating issues with these to Line Manager or team leads as directed.
- Fielding and investigating issues with data feeds to 3rd parties (aggregators and retailers); maintaining a log of these issues; working to reduce issues and improve the mechanism generally.
- Using third party ticketing systems (e.g. Amazon Vendor Central) to log, monitor and progress issues.
- Referring data issues to responsible business (mainly editorial) staff for correction and following up as required
- Producing reports on data quality and open issues for Business Systems team and colleagues within the business.
Required skills and experience:
- Customer-focused, with a professional, patient and friendly manner
- Conversant with basic IT concepts
- Strong systems aptitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good MS Office skills, especially Excel
- Biblio3 software a plus
- ONIX a plus
Please apply ASAP or get in touch for further details on this exciting opportunity!
APPLICATION OPERATIONS MANAGER required for long-term contract opportunity with global reputable organisation, based in Switzerland.
This is an excellent remote contract!
As an Application Operations Manager, you will be responsible for release, deployment and operation of a diverse portfolio of complex projects and business applications, providing a support role to the owners of business applications and ensuring operational efficiency, compliance, risk mitigation and the achievement of business area results. You will also help with onboarding of resources and setting up of development environments.
The selected Application Operations Manager will cover the following deliverable tasks:
- Be the first point of contact for application specific incidents. Provide analysis and details to business clients and development teams.
- Be responsible for maintaining of the lists of application specific incidents. Identify and analyse causes, prioritize improvements and work with teams on fixes.
- Working close with development and other client teams, continuously improve monitoring, alerting and resolution capabilities. Provide technical leadership and oversee the planning, design, implementation, and support of a wide range of varied and complex business software systems from release and operations point of view.
- Support and help business teams with onboarding, setting up of environments, access and using the systems. Input, correct and review business data if required.
- Support and help development teams with onboarding, setting up of environments, access to systems, interpretation of operational data, release management and CI/CD pipelines.
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies and methodologies, anticipate and analyse technological trends and assess their impact for delivering and supporting complex software applications.
- Ensure collaborative and active stakeholder engagement. Manage relationships between IT and business areas in major functional areas with multiple lines of service with a view to understanding and anticipating business and IT needs and establishing clear service expectations.
- Perform other related duties as required.
• Advanced university degree in computer science, information science or other closely related field. A first-level university degree, preferably in computer or information science, plus two years of relevant experience in addition to the experience required below may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Desirable: ITIL or another service and/or project management framework
• At least 5 years of experience in the provision of IT services working with the development and deployment of major IT systems.
• Significant hands-on experience in monitoring, problem analysis, prioritization and optimization.
• Good understanding of release management and SDLC
• Hands-on experience in at least 2 of the following technical areas:
o Monitoring and alerting in AWS environment
o CI/CD in AWS cloud
o CI/CD of Java based applications
o Data backup, recovery and migration
• Experience or training in at least 2 of the following:
o ITIL or another service management framework
o Managing defects and incidents
o Business continuity practices and/or ISO Quality Management Standards
o PRINCE2 or another project management framework
• Demonstrated soft skills in critical thinking, creativity, problem solving and adaptability.
• Ability to cultivate innovation and manage change. Proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives and accountability in delivering results.
• Ability to communicate on technical issues with a diverse audience. Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Please apply ASAP or get in touch for more info on this not-to-be-missed long-term opportunity!
Looking for your next move?
Our Belgian client, providing leading ERP solutions to the utilities and energy sector is looking for a Dutch- speaking Service Delivery Manager to join their team.
Our client is looking for a dynamic team player, good at building bridges between business and IT, and who can bring their pragmatic, goal-oriented and quality approach to the team.
The selected Service Delivery Manager will be responsible for the support and implementation of changes at one or several customers. This implies efficient planning, stakeholder, people, risk and change management with a focus on maximizing value creation.
As a Service Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for a dedicated team of consultants. Your performance and the use of our tools, project and support methodology must ensure streamlined activities, excellent results, and high customer satisfaction.
Required skills and experience:
• At least 1 year of experience as a Service Delivery Manager or Project Manager in an IT software environment (preferably ERP)
• A university or bachelor’s degree in Applied Economic Sciences: Business engineering; Computer Science; Economics or equivalent
• Good understanding of business processes
• Strong ability to take decisions and to handle pressure
• Clear communication skills, capable of presenting and communicating difficult messages in a distinct and clear way, both internal as external.
• Good commercial feeling.
• The necessary administration skills and you are capable to dialogue with the customer and subcontractors
• Experience in the Energy & Utilities sector is an asset
• A flexible person open for occasional travel mainly in the Benelux
Apply and send your CV, or get in touch ASAP to discuss this excellent career opportunity!
Endeavour has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Marketing Executive to join our client’s team, based in Milton Keynes.
Our Telecoms sector client is looking for a Marketing Executive who will make all the things that make marketing work, on a daily basis, happens: events, collateral production, responding to inbound messages and social posts plus supporting the campaigns manager.
The successful Marketing Executive will have the following responsibilities:
• Implement our client’s sales and marketing events and conferences
• Produce marketing collateral, including necessary international adaptations.
• Daily management of inbound chat, social and email enquiries
• Support the execution of campaigns, including tactical web posting, management of social media accounts and lead management
• Support content research
• Contribute to the wider sales and marketing team
• 1 years’ experience in a marketing related role, preferably in a B2B technology business
• Awareness of current content marketing techniques and marketing automation systems
• Familiar with standard office IT systems
• Excellent written English
• Passionate, enthusiastic, motivational and tenacious
• The ability to engage at all levels across businesses and specifically with sales teams
Please don’t delay and apply today! This is a great career opportunity for a Marketing Executive looking for a company offering a flat management structure, who empowers and looks after their staff.