Calling UK Nationals!
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent, long term contract for a leading client based in Cumbria.
We are looking for an Engineer (Software)to support operational plants across the entire site delivering maintenance, plant support and software modifications to industrial control systems, primarily Programable Electronic Systems (PES).
This is an exciting opportunity to further a career in the IT Industrial Computing and Engineering disciplines or start one! With a superb career progression path, there is an opportunity to work within a dynamic experienced team, and to work with new technologies and new facilities shaping the plant’s future.
The role would ideally suit an individual from a plant-based maintenance background, an engineering background or someone with a keen interest in IT solutions.
- Ability to perform complex system modifications without supervision. This may include, but is not limited to, the preparation of requirements specifications; validation tests; impact analysis; technical reviews; support to PMP production
- Perform temporary and permanent software modifications to PES in line with QMS arrangements.
- Perform unscheduled (breakdown) maintenance recoveries to the SEP machine Control Systems as part of the local team to significant (safety, quality, environmental) systems and/or technically challenging systems without supervision
- Assist the Team Manager in the preparation of support activities.
- Perform the PES Manager role for complex PES with key functionality or several less complex systems in accordance with PES management arrangements.
- Mentor and tutor Control Systems trainees, apprentices, less experienced engineers and individuals from the Operating Units such as craft and system operators.
- Provide specialist technical and engineering advice and support to plant maintenance teams, engineering teams (system, equipment & stream engineers), customers and stakeholders
- Demonstrate an understanding of different PES technology interactions and the interface to plant and process.
Knowledge & Experience
•Control Systems, instrumentation, CE&I or software background.
•Can provide evidence of an ability to work in an operating plant environment delivering structured maintenance activities, control systems, and system improvements.
•Preferably can provide evidence of previous plant process knowledge and experience.
•Demonstrable evidence of working in teams.
•HNC or higher qualification in an electrical, electronic or software related subject and/or suitable experience.
•Can provide evidence of an expert knowledge of one or more of a variety of PES technologies including PLC, SCADA, DCS, MIS/HLS, SQL Server, Modicon M and Networks.
•Can provide evidence of an understanding and application of the PES modification lifecycle, including both temporary and permanent software modifications.
•Good communications skills with the ability to interact at all levels providing advice, guidance and training across the local team and Plant facing support and operations teams.
Please apply / get in touch ASAP. We look forward to receiving your cv!