Remote - could be requirements to attend customer sites.
£488.86/day PAYE - £650/day Umbrella (inside IR35)
6 Months contract
Must come from a Defence background
In partnership with Endeavour recruitment we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Solutions Architect
to join an international aerospace defence company.
To develop and document business requirement, apply technology standards to meet the needs of the business and ensure compatibility and governance for all supported solutions. Deliver the service to agreed standards and KPI’s with regards to advice, design and implementation support to the Solution Delivery function.
Commercial and presales, Bid Support, Infrastructure, Application. Microsoft & Cisco technologies. Oracle, Azure/AWS Cloud, Cloud computing and Mobile device management.
Major Tasks and Activities:
• Delivery of bid and project solutions to ITIL governance standards.
• Work within project delivery framework with assigned project managers
• Develop and document business requirements, architecture and design.
• Assessment of existing software/hardware interfaces and augmentation to support future needs
• Providing facilitation, assistance, planning and technical support to ensure correct understanding of system requirements/design
• Defining, documenting and analyzing performance measures to ensure solutions are fit for purpose
• Identify and collate subject matter expertise in order to identify and document solutions
• Provide bid support to new business venture/acquisition
• Working with Enterprise Architect to identify need and create new standards as appropriate
• Working with solutions delivery to manage resourcing requirements
• Create and monitor processes to ensure smooth delivery
Qualification and Experience:
• Azure Certified Solution Architect
• Experienced IT professional
• Wide experience of project based technology and solution delivery
• Customer facing consultancy
• Senior Stakeholder management
• Technical qualifications e.g. MCSE, CCNA
• Wide exposure to technology
Technical & Specialist Knowledge
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience of developing technical solutions for large scale complex projects
o Delivering secure SaaS and PaaS solutions
o Experience delivering integrations with 3rd Party services e.g. Azure or AWS
o Working with platforms on Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, and Oracle Software
o Working with environments complying with government JSP 604 Standards
o Use of Architectural Toolset for design, process & lifecycle management
o TOGAF qualification
o Prince II or other Management experience
Key Behavioural Competencies
• High capability of working on own initiative with self management of work loads
• Able to work under pressure
• Ownership skills
• Excellent Time Management Skills
• The ability to share knowledge with team members
• Comfortable working across a multi disciplined environment
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Flexible, can do attitude
Security Criteria to be achieved:
MOD SC Security clearance
Other security clearances as contracts demand
e.g. Met Policy Security clearance, CRB
Excellent permanent opportunity for an experienced, Security Cleared Systems Engineer to be responsible for provisioning and maintaining infrastructure running both on-premises and in the cloud. This infrastructure is delivered by the Infrastructure Engineering department as part of the platforms consumed by the Product Development group.
The ideal candidate will have been designing and deploying infrastructure (x86) for several years, having a good understanding of the trade-offs involved and attributes needed for stable operations, and will have experience with at least one of the major virtualization vendors.
The candidate will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary platform team which builds the platform layer and supporting infrastructure for development teams to consume in a self-service manner.
Technical capability, adaptability to business needs, staying focused on delivering results, and relishing a challenge are all essential to the success of this role.
- Experienced, hands-on infrastructure architect, likely to be from an infrastructure design and/or system administration background
- Administration experience of one or more of the major virtualization providers (preferably Nutanix, but may include VMware/vSAN, KVM)
- HCI experience, especially regarding storage
- Linux (preferably RHEL) configuration, patching and management
- Candidate with a Linux/Unix background
- UK security clearance (current or lapsed)
Any of the following would be advantageous:
- Networking including VLANs, routing, WANs
- Familiar with modern monitoring and logging tools (Splunk, Prometheus, etc), an understanding of SIEM, and an interest in IT security more generally
- Security appliances such as those by Fortinet, PaloAlto or Check Point
- Familiarity with modern infrastructure provisioning tooling, such as Terraform
- Public cloud provisioning, especially Azure Resource Manager
- Familiarity, or more, of Kubernetes (or one of the managed K8s offerings, such as OpenShift) run ton the infrastructure and it interacts with, for example, the Nutanix CSI
- Product evaluation and vendor selection, including running Proofs of Concept/Value to compare
- Ability to work and communicate in an international and multi-cultural environment.
- Professional approach when dealing with internal and external customers, including clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of initiative, accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude under stressful circumstances.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change in a complex global organization.
- High aptitude for learning and high degree of self-motivation.
- Acquire new competencies and accept new challenges.
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities.
- Fluent in English. French, is an advantage.
Should the above requirements match your experience and expectations, please don’t hesitate to apply.
A Software Test Engineer is required to join the software QA test team of our Buckinghamshire based client, a manufacturer of software for the telecommunications and speech processing market.
This is a fantastic career opportunity to work and be part of our client’s QA team, responsible for ensuring that all products and services offered are fit for purpose.
The selected Software Test Engineer in this team will have the following responsibilities:
• Software development of tools and scripts for use by the QA team
• Creating tests and writing test plans.
• Executing test plans.
• Raising issues with the development teams and then working with those teams to help resolve the issues found.
• Creating test systems that will fully exercise the products on test and that will give us “real use” coverage.
• Bright, motivated, analytical, quick to learn
• Good communication and team working skills
• Programming experience in one or more of the following languages
• A good knowledge of TCP/IP networks and how to configure their setup
• Experience working with Linux and Windows servers at an administration level
If this sounds like you, send us your CV or get in touch ASAP for more info!
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent remote, contract opportunity for a Fluent French and English speaking Citrix System Engineer.
- Strong experience in a production environment in Citrix and Microsoft technology (physical and/or virtual)
- Infrastructure project management experience
- Good understanding of IT security, patching, update and upgrade.
- Collaboration with provider to solve incident and problem for the customer and improve system performance.
- Industrialization and automatization is preferable
- The main required qualities are autonomy, rigor and a personal desire to move towards automation solutions and the ability to work in a team.
- French and English knowledge are mandatory (speaking & writing)
- Excellent communication skills and organisational skills
- Team player
- Minimum 5-year experience is considered as an asset
- Strong knowledge in Citrix environment
- Good knowledge in Active Directory administration
- Good experience with troubleshooting Exchange issues.
- You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent
- customer service
- You are potentially able to assume on call duty service with the team.
- An ITIL qualification is preferable but not essential
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, XenMobile, ShareFile Scripting PowerShell
- Windows Environment (Active Directory, SQL, Roles Windows Server)
- Microsoft Azure & Office 365 is preferable.
- Security (Trend Micro, ESET, Sophos) basic knowledge
- VMware, basic understanding
- Veeam or other backup tools, basic understanding
- Network understanding.
Please get in touch for further details.
Endeavour has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Architect to join our Defence sector client based in Surrey on a permanent basis.
The Infrastructure Architect will be part of a small highly motivated team that provides the system design, development, integration, implementation and support across multiple projects to our customers.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Infrastructure Architect with specific network and routing knowledge/skills.
The successful Architect will have VMware ESXi expertise and be eligible for DV UK Security clearance, due to the nature of our client’s industry sector.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- VMware technical subject matter expertise –
- ESXi, vCentre, Clustering, High Availability, DRS vRealise, Update Manager, Hardening, Storage Integration, Extensive Trouble Shooting experience.
- System & software support role of IT Windows Server & Windows Exchange 2016 experience WDS, VAMT and SCCM.
- File Server, SQL Server, Remote Desktop Services and Remote Application Services with IIS, Command Line Interface and Power-Shell scripting knowledge
- Active Directory knowledge
- Experience implementing Group Policy Management
- Expertise in Networking Infrastructure –
- TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, RRAS, WAN, RDP, Remote Management, Static Routes, Managed Switches (ideally CISCO trained), Firewalls CCNA or CCNP.
- Windows 10 Administrator & Microsoft Exchange 2016 experience particularly around Availability Groups and Client Access Servers
- Ability to prepare and maintain manuals and handbooks
- Ability to communicate at all levels with internal & external stakeholders
- Full understanding of data protection requirements with Veritas Backup Exec or Avamar Job scheduling, policy & disaster recovery
Please send us your CV or get in touch ASAP for further details on this exciting perm opportunity!
Endeavour has an exciting contract opportunity for an experienced Security Engineer to join a financial client based in Brussels, for a long-term project.
Our client requires a bilingual Security Engineer, speaking fluent French, to work alongside the Infrastructure manager in order to implement, improve and operate the framework and all actions and/or controls required to ensure the security of our client IT Assets.
The successful Security Engineer will be involved in the following deliverable tasks:
- Make deep analysis of audit recommendations; define with all stakeholders the remediation actions needed and follow up until the actions are fully implemented
- Prepare security agents deployments on platforms
- Conducting some tests with specific tools.
- Work on security scanning & vulnerability remediation
- Work on Privilege Account Management deployment/operational integration
- Elaborate technical operation guidelines in line with security requirements
- Windows Servers;
- RHL Linux; VMware;
- SQL Server;
- SIEM; VPN; WAF;PKI;
- Infrastructure Design;
- Shell scripting
Please send us your CV or get in touch for more details about this no-to-be-missed opportunity
Endeavour Recruitment is looking for Network Engineer to join the Technology team at a leading publishing client.
A role has emerged for an enthusiastic individual working within operational infrastructure as a Network Engineer that whilst having broad Infrastructure skills has a specialised knowledge of Cisco Routing, switching, and Wi-Fi deployments.
Based predominately in London but may require travelling to regional offices. Involves working closely with project and networks teams to deliver new and upgraded network systems with occasional commitment to weekend and overnight work when required.
- Installation and upgrade of network access switches (2960-X)
- Installation and upgrade of network core switches (4500-X)
- Designing and implementing Cisco W-Fi solutions
- Configuring Palo Alto & Cisco ASA firewalls
- Supporting day to day network operational incidents and requests
- Strong Cisco skills, including IOS, Nexus 5K/9K, 4500-X, and 2960-X
- Good working knowledge and hands-on experience of troubleshooting network routing and switching, specifically using Cisco Products, protocols in use include Ethernet, IP, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, MGCP, GRE, QoS.
- Understanding of networking security appliances: Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco ASA firewalls
- Working knowledge of Cisco ISE, Cisco Prime, Cisco Secure ACS
- Experienced in Cisco Data Centre technologies (Cisco APIC Leaf/Spine Fabric)
- Experienced in VMware NSX networking technologies
- Cisco certification to at least CCNP / CCDP standard.
- Understanding of support team working practices
- Strong understanding of ITIL
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and motivation, as well as excellent problem solving capability and team working
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting complex systems
- LAN/Routing technology experience across large network environments
- Valid Driving Licence
Endeavour Recruitment has excellent opportunity to join our client a market leading, digital agency based in Central London. They are looking for a Systems Administrator with strong Linux experience, your main responsibility will be monitoring and maintaining core infrastructure systems. This is the perfect opportunity for a Linux Systems Administrator who is looking to expand their knowledge and develop new skills.
The successful Systems Administrator will be responsible for the following –
- Assisting on global infrastructure projects
- Recommend changes and improvements
- Monitor and maintain core infrastructure systems
- Assisting the development team
- Automate manual tasks – Python, Ruby, Bash
The successful Systems Administrator must have the following experience –
- Knowledge of Linux – Debian, Ubuntu, or CentOS
- Knowledge of Nagios
- Knowledge of distributed monitoring
- Knowledge of configuration management – Puppet/Forman, Ansible
- Administration of Atlassian tools – Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Understanding of TCP/IP and Networking
- Any experience with VMWare, vSphere, AWS, Azure, or Commvault is beneficial
Please apply ASAP to be considered for this Systems Administrator role
Java Software Engineer wanted! Our client based in Weymouth is seeking a talented Java Software Engineer. A background in UX / UI is essential. A skilled and talented person with a keen interest in software technology and the User journey through UX / UI is the ideal candidate. Extremely competitive salary on offer.
The Java Software Engineer should have UML experience using Enterprise Architect. Our client operates in areas where they support systems and equipment, both in the UK and International. This job will be in the area of underwater warfare.
- UX / UI
- Requirement Analysis
- Knowledge of Agile, Waterfall and V
- NetBeans, Eclipse, Java Swing, Java FX
- VMware, RedHat, Linux, Ansible
- Software Test Planning
- Configuration and Build
- SVN, Jenkins, Hudson
- Sonar or Signal Processing
- RTI DDS
- Degree in Computer Science or related subject
- Previous experience working as a Java Software Engineer
- Must be eligible for Security clearance
If you have the talent and skill to be a Java Software Engineer plus experience with UX / UI then please apply now with an up to date version of your CV.
Endeavour has an excellent career opportunity for a passionate Junior Test Engineer, who is keen to develop their career, by joining our Cyber Security client, based in Worcestershire. This is a permanent position and the salary is up to £29,000 for the right candidate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will be part of an existing highly skilled development and test team that produces complex cyber security solution software.
- You will be enthusiastic and demonstrate an ability to learn rapidly whilst also making a valuable contribution to the team.
- Writing test scripts under guidance.
- Running tests against scripts.
- Recording and documenting results.
- Raising defects.
- Working within a closely-knit team.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Recent experience of using scripting languages such as Python or PowerShell
- Basic knowledge of software testing.
- Suitability for holding a UK security clearance (SC).
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communications skills are essential in both written and verbal form.
- Either possession of ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing or having an interest in obtaining such a certificate.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience of using Microsoft Test Manager 2017.
- Experience of writing, modifying and executing software tests.
- Test automation experience.
- Experience of testing both network and desktop GUI applications.
- Domain knowledge of cyber security.
- Experience of setting up and using virtual machines, such as VMware or Docker.
- Experience of multiple operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Unix or Solaris 10.
- TCP/IP protocols, particularly SMTP and HTTP.
- Encryption standards (e.g. public key encryption).
- Visual Studio and TFS 2017 or later.
- Cloud-based testing, e.g. AWS or Azure.
- Agile testing techniques.
If you want to develop your career and join a client in the Cyber Security sector do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.