Endeavour Recruitment is looking for Network Engineer to join the Technology team at a leading publishing client.
A role has emerged for an enthusiastic individual working within operational infrastructure as a Network Engineer that whilst having broad Infrastructure skills has a specialised knowledge of Cisco Routing, switching, and Wi-Fi deployments.
Based predominately in London but may require travelling to regional offices. Involves working closely with project and networks teams to deliver new and upgraded network systems with occasional commitment to weekend and overnight work when required.
- Installation and upgrade of network access switches (2960-X)
- Installation and upgrade of network core switches (4500-X)
- Designing and implementing Cisco W-Fi solutions
- Configuring Palo Alto & Cisco ASA firewalls
- Supporting day to day network operational incidents and requests
- Strong Cisco skills, including IOS, Nexus 5K/9K, 4500-X, and 2960-X
- Good working knowledge and hands-on experience of troubleshooting network routing and switching, specifically using Cisco Products, protocols in use include Ethernet, IP, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, MGCP, GRE, QoS.
- Understanding of networking security appliances: Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco ASA firewalls
- Working knowledge of Cisco ISE, Cisco Prime, Cisco Secure ACS
- Experienced in Cisco Data Centre technologies (Cisco APIC Leaf/Spine Fabric)
- Experienced in VMware NSX networking technologies
- Cisco certification to at least CCNP / CCDP standard.
- Understanding of support team working practices
- Strong understanding of ITIL
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and motivation, as well as excellent problem solving capability and team working
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting complex systems
- LAN/Routing technology experience across large network environments
- Valid Driving Licence