Infrastructure Engineer - 3rd line
Our prestigious client based in the City of London has a need for a Multi-talented Engineer with the ability to work in Infrastructure, Systems, and 3rd line Support.
The role is hybrid: two days a week on site 3 days remote.
The Infrastructure Engineer will have the responsibility to maintain key infrastructure and deliver projects set by the Head of IT Services and provide a 3rd line escalation point for the helpdesk. The successful candidate will have the autonomy to research and develop solutions to projects and work on their own initiative
• Maintenance of IT Infrastructure
• Responsible for keeping key infrastructure components up-to-date
• Lead operator of software deployment systems to end-users
• Technical advisor of IT Infrastructure projects
• Infrastructure/3rd line support engineer within the helpdesk function
• Point of escalation for Helpdesk team
• Achieve and sustain high levels of customer satisfaction
• Participate in planning and delivery of Infrastructure projects
• Update and maintain documentation of IT infrastructure and components
• Guide continuous improvement efforts for systems, especially reducing risk to the business
• Provide out of hours support on a best-efforts basis in cases of disaster or serious issues
Knowledge, skills, experience
• Competent with Microsoft infrastructure (Active Directory, Azure, Office 365, Hyper-V and SCVMM) – accreditations is a bonus
• Advanced knowledge of network and firewall equipment (WatchGuard/HP Aruba is an advantage)
• Skills in key scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, vbScript)
• Experience in working with macOS systems – a bonus
• Ability to research, design and implement IT systems based on business requirements
• Enjoy providing high quality services to the business
• Ability to communicate and build relationships inside and outside IT
For further information regarding this position, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Endeavour Recruitment has a not to be missed permanent opportunity for an experience DevOps Engineer.
Excellent career and financial prospects!
Cape Town or Johannesburg based
As the DevOps Engineer you will be working in an agile environment alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of developers and operational staff.
You will take full responsibility for the uptime, performance, security and deployment of the entire web and development environment.
Fast- paced environment where efficiency is a priority and multi-tasking is a requirement.
You will be instrumental in being part of the transition from a traditional hosted environment to a fully cloud hosted environment with containerisation and serverless on the horizon.
This position is demanding yet very rewarding. If you can visualise the future and drive progress to move towards it, this position is made for you!
- Focus will be on delivering solutions in Azure, AWS and GCP while automating deployment, system maintenance, and keeping the platforms monitored and stable.
- Working in collaboration with the operations team.
- Architect and manage Azure infrastructure.
- Manage AWS and GCP infrastructure.
- Manage security.
- Manage CDN services.
- Implement and oversee secure practices in hosting and the SDLC process.
- Manage backup and disaster recovery.
- Manage infrastructure and licencing budgets.
- Automate deployment, monitoring, response, backup, and recovery procedures.
- Modernize legacy infrastructure to take advantage of Azure capability.
- Collaborate with architects to deliver solutions that are both cost efficient and highly scalable.
- Continuous scalability and cost optimisation.
- Documentation of all infrastructure and procedures.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of IIS, nGinx, ElasticSearch, Redis, MySQL, MS SQL.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Be available after hours to attend to critical outages and planned changes.
Skills and competence:
- Proven track record of designing, implementing, and supporting high scale services.
- Ability to match business needs with smart solutions to meet scalability and costing needs.
- Ability to constructively lead others and by so doing raise team performance.
- An excellent communicator both verbally and written.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to absorb pressure in stressful situations.
- Broad cloud knowledge, staying abreast of all tech trends.
- Flexible about working with a wide range of technologies.
Qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in managing and building scalable infrastructure.
- 5+ years’ hands-on DevOps experience
- 3+ years’ experience in working in agile teams.
- Software related degree/diploma
- Preferred certifications: Microsoft Azure Architect Design / Technologies, Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions and Security Technologies
- Hands on experience with the following:
- Architectural and strategic input
- Cost calculations and budgeting for forecasts and planning
- Documentation for both knowledge sharing and auditing needs
- Virtual Networking
- Secure practices
- MS SQL
- Infrastructure as code
- Serverless architecture
Does the above match your experience and expectations? If so, please get in touch asap. We look forward to receiving your cv!
Excellent long term contract opportunity for an Amazon AWS Cloud solutions engineer to help maintain, troubleshoot the infrastructure and provide support to internal cloud-based tools.
You will be part of a talented and multilingual team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security for a Leading European Organisation.
Service4Developers is the entry point of autonomous Cloud sandbox development environment.
PublicCloud will be a highly automated Cloud Hosting solution based on WildFly/PostgreSQL.
Qualified engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
At least 3 year professional experience within large-scale Data Centre environments
At least 6 months of professional experience on cloud environments
Create and maintain AWS stacks.
Monitoring tooling performance and production jobs
Troubleshoot end-user incidents on infrastructure level only
Receiving, logging and managing requests from customers via ticketing
Maintain and amend procedures
Participate in meetings and training related to the position
Liaise with other technical teams for problem resolution
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
AWS Cloud experience, certification is appreciated
Proven working experience with UNIX /Linux based environments
A knowledge in the following domain would be considered as an asset (level 1):
Basic to advanced networking principles (e.g: NACL, routing)
ORACLE Database and SQL knowledge
Scripting skills (e.g., powershell, Python)
ITSM Tools knowledge (SMT, BMC Atrium, Patrol, Proactive Net …)
Experience with a monitoring system
Kubernetes and tools around k8s ecosystem
DevOps, GitOps principles
A knowledge in the following domain would be considered as nice to have
Artefact store knowledge (Nexus)
Monitoring Dynatrace, Pandora
English fluent is mandatory (speaking & writing), French is an asset
First IT Service Desk/IT Support experience
You are able to work in shifts (8 AM – 8 PM)
Please get in touch for further details.
100% remote opportunity for a SharePoint/MS365 Architect for a multinational client in The Hague.
Required skills :
University degree in Computer Science/Information Systems and at least 8 years of experience in enterprise architecture.
Long and broad experience with Microsoft 365 aspects and related products.
Extensive experience with SharePoint 2019 aspects and related products.
Extensive practice of security hardening in all MS-Teams and SharePoint aspects (experience with Microsoft Security Assessments is an asset).
Sound knowledge of FAST search.
Experience with AutoSPInstaller, PowerShell DSC automated installation, ShareGate, and SPDocKit.
Certified Professional for Requirement Engineer is an asset.
ITIL certified is an asset.
Experience in integration between Zoom, Microsoft 365 is an asset.
Experience on MS-Power platform.
Strategic views; bring industry practices and disciplines.
Highly motivated, pro-active and service oriented.
Ability to work with people of different cultures and in remote locations.
Charismatic; outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Fluent in English.
Make users more self-conscious about the degree of sensitivity of the information they are processing on MS 365.
Implement security settings based on the labels for MS 365.
Propose a unified labelling system at the container level, implement of a Proof of Concept, and to critically assess the passage into production on MS 365.
Make a selection of innovative opportunities and build and fully document a Proof of Concept which can then be implemented in production for MS 365.
Audit SharePoint 2019 systems and recommend an action plan for hardening the security of SharePoint and its connected infrastructure (network, DBs, Active Directory).
Follow up of the implementation in SharePoint 2019 with regular discussions on the progress and a detailed final report on the action points which were implemented.
Mitigate major Microsoft 365 and SharePoint 2019 problems.
Improve the integration between Zoom, Microsoft 365.
Build and fully document a Proof of Concept which new Zoom features can then be implemented in production.
Please get in touch for further details.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent remote, contract opportunity for a Fluent French and English speaking Citrix System Engineer.
- Strong experience in a production environment in Citrix and Microsoft technology (physical and/or virtual)
- Infrastructure project management experience
- Good understanding of IT security, patching, update and upgrade.
- Collaboration with provider to solve incident and problem for the customer and improve system performance.
- Industrialization and automatization is preferable
- The main required qualities are autonomy, rigor and a personal desire to move towards automation solutions and the ability to work in a team.
- French and English knowledge are mandatory (speaking & writing)
- Excellent communication skills and organisational skills
- Team player
- Minimum 5-year experience is considered as an asset
- Strong knowledge in Citrix environment
- Good knowledge in Active Directory administration
- Good experience with troubleshooting Exchange issues.
- You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent
- customer service
- You are potentially able to assume on call duty service with the team.
- An ITIL qualification is preferable but not essential
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, XenMobile, ShareFile Scripting PowerShell
- Windows Environment (Active Directory, SQL, Roles Windows Server)
- Microsoft Azure & Office 365 is preferable.
- Security (Trend Micro, ESET, Sophos) basic knowledge
- VMware, basic understanding
- Veeam or other backup tools, basic understanding
- Network understanding.
Please get in touch for further details.
Calling for an experienced DevOps Engineer!
Our client, a large Housing association, based in central London is looking for a DevOps engineer to join our growing development team.
As the successful DevOps Engineer you will design, develop and in some cases own the automated deployment, maintenance and monitoring of our client’s SaaS products, using your experience to achieve this within optimal cost. As part of your role you will be required to create, maintain and optimise infrastructure as code, across Azure.
The ideal DevOps engineer will have proven experience working as a .Net Developer and the ability to coach junior DevOps colleagues .
• Azure for DevOps (VSTS).
• Microsoft Azure cloud-based applications including App Services, Azure Functions, Azure SQL Database, Azure Storage, Azure AD, Azure Data Factory, Azure Resource Manager, Identity Services, Service Fabric and Key Vault.
• Azure for DevOps (VSTS).
• Programming language experience using PowerShell and C#.
• Application Insights.
• Certificates, Ciphers and Encryption.
• Atlassian suite of applications i.e. Confluence, Jira, Lucid Charts.
• Agile techniques such as SCRUM.
• Excellent organisational and analytical abilities.
• Outstanding problem solver.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Load balancing, routing, switching, DNS, network firewalls, and web application firewalls.
• Unix / Linux.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field. (Master’s degree preferred)
Please apply ASAP and send us your CV or get in touch to discuss this excellent career opportunity!
Endeavour Recruitment are seeking a Junior Support Engineer to join our client based in Leeds. You will test and validate software releases and provide technical support for their systems.
You will ideally have worked in a support/developer role previously, and have the following experience –
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Software Development/Scripting experience – ideally Bash, Python, and/or PowerShell
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Python, AWS, and/or Azure would be beneficial
Please apply asap to be considered for this Junior Support Engineer role.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to work for a client based in Southampton, specialising in delivering IT Technology solutions . The selected Business Intelligence Developer is expected to have excellent SQL Server T-SQL programming skills and be highly organised to work with our client as a Business Intelligence Developer. Our client has requested that the Business Intelligence Developer chosen for this role has good interpersonal and communication skills and is autonomous and proactive in solving problems to fulfil their duties as a Business Intelligence Developer.
This is a permanent position and the salary is up to £45,000, depending on experience.
What is expected of the Business Intelligence Developer? - Role and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Deliver high quality functional software within agreed timescales.
- Collaborate with a team to prepare designs, estimates and functional specifications.
- Maintain quality through code and document reviews.
- Participate in Agile based meetings to ensure iterations are well defined, planned and delivered.
- Investigate software/system faults and devise solutions to these problems.
- Review team & iteration performance to identify improvements to future deliveries.
- Take responsibility for own learning and ensure rapid uptake of familiarity with the system
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and develop changes
- Maintain accurate documentation
What skills are required of you as an Business Intelligence Developer?
- Excellent SQL Server T-SQL programming skills, stored procedures, CTEs, window functions, dynamic SQL and knowledge of SQL injection vulnerabilities
- SQL Server experience ideally 2017
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- SQL Server database performance and SQL tuning
- Experience in handling large databases
- Knowledge of column store indexes
- Very good SSRS skills
- Data warehouse experience, design of data marts, star schemas and type 2 slowly changing dimensions
- Data analysis skills
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with tSQLt unit testing
- Understands the Agile software development lifecycle and working knowledge of Scrum.
- Experience using GIT source control and UML (ideally Enterprise Architect)
- Experience using Visual Studio database project
- Experience writing PowerShell
- Experience developing for Power BI
- Experience developing for Zabbix monitoring
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role as a Business Intelligence Developer, then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for an experienced SQL Architect to work for an internationally renowned organisation in Luxembourg. The selected SQL Architect is expected to have at least 6 years of experience as an SQL Architect or similar. Our client has requested that the SQL Architect chosen for this role has experience with PowerShell and has expertise in using MS SQL version 2012 to 2016 to fulfill their duties as an SQL Architect.
The duration of this role is initially for 6 months and the all-inclusive daily rate is €473 euros.
What is expected of the SQL Architect? - Role and Responsibilities:
- The Architect is responsible for the definition of complex middleware infrastructures and architectures for at least one of the domains for our client. You are a technical leader in the relevant domain, most of the times in multiple domains.
- The Architect will also assist project teams with technical issues including the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy, research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out solutions.
What skills are required of you as a SQL Architect?
- Expertise in using MS SQL version 2012 to 2016
- Experience with High Availability using "Always On"
- Knowledge of PowerShell is mandatory
- At least 6 years of professional experience in a similar position
- In-depth technical knowledge of the concerned domain (Senior Level)
- Architectural studies and technical documentation, design and review of strategies, policies and best practices
- Organizational skills and analytical ability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing purchase justifications, training users in complex topics, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with upper management
- Team working ability, communication and leadership skills
- Capability to manage small technical projects
- Capable to produce concise technical documentation
- Solid documentation skills
- Participation in product evaluation and project management
- Define policies and standard operating procedures (SOP) to be used by the operational teams
- Problem solving in a Problem Management context
- Impact assessments for changes
- Capacity management of the infrastructure used for the technological domain
- Provides technical lead for concerned technological domains
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role as a SQL Architect, then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
Are you a looking for an excellent career opportunity? Our client, based in Southampton, specialising in delivering IT Technology solutions, is recruiting for a Zabbix Development Engineer to join their team. This is a permanent position and the salary is up to £45,000, depending on experience.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Implement and evolve a resilient monitoring capability based on Zabbix.
- Identify and guide the development teams on the most effective ways to instrument and monitor products.
- Identify, develop and deploy innovative and effective monitoring solutions to meet monitoring requirements.
- Identify and evaluate additional capabilities and solutions that will augment and enhance current capabilities.
- Ensure that monitoring systems are relevant by ensuring alerts and actions are maintained to be appropriate and processes are in place for all events and alerts generated by the systems.
- Communicate and evangelise within the organisation to ensure that the monitoring solutions are used effectively and to gather new requirements and identify new opportunities for their use.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent knowledge of the Zabbix platform including deployment, performance tuning and management
- Experience of developing Zabbix templates, including bespoke items, triggers, actions, discovery processes and automation.
- Strong scripting skills especially on the Windows platforms such as PowerShell and WMI.
- Excellent operational awareness and an understanding of how to deliver value through monitoring and automation.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Dashboard tools and development such as Grafana.
- Experience of automated deployment and management techniques such as Chocolatey.
- Log aggregation and visualisation tools such as Elastic Stack or the cloud hosted equivalents.
- Use of Cloud platforms (AWS & Azure)
Please get in touch for further details on this exciting career opportunity!