Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to work for a client based in Southampton, specialising in delivering IT Technology solutions . The selected Business Intelligence Developer is expected to have excellent SQL Server T-SQL programming skills and be highly organised to work with our client as a Business Intelligence Developer. Our client has requested that the Business Intelligence Developer chosen for this role has good interpersonal and communication skills and is autonomous and proactive in solving problems to fulfil their duties as a Business Intelligence Developer.
This is a permanent position and the salary is up to £45,000, depending on experience.
What is expected of the Business Intelligence Developer? - Role and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Deliver high quality functional software within agreed timescales.
- Collaborate with a team to prepare designs, estimates and functional specifications.
- Maintain quality through code and document reviews.
- Participate in Agile based meetings to ensure iterations are well defined, planned and delivered.
- Investigate software/system faults and devise solutions to these problems.
- Review team & iteration performance to identify improvements to future deliveries.
- Take responsibility for own learning and ensure rapid uptake of familiarity with the system
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and develop changes
- Maintain accurate documentation
What skills are required of you as an Business Intelligence Developer?
- Excellent SQL Server T-SQL programming skills, stored procedures, CTEs, window functions, dynamic SQL and knowledge of SQL injection vulnerabilities
- SQL Server experience ideally 2017
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- SQL Server database performance and SQL tuning
- Experience in handling large databases
- Knowledge of column store indexes
- Very good SSRS skills
- Data warehouse experience, design of data marts, star schemas and type 2 slowly changing dimensions
- Data analysis skills
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with tSQLt unit testing
- Understands the Agile software development lifecycle and working knowledge of Scrum.
- Experience using GIT source control and UML (ideally Enterprise Architect)
- Experience using Visual Studio database project
- Experience writing PowerShell
- Experience developing for Power BI
- Experience developing for Zabbix monitoring
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role as a Business Intelligence Developer, then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.