Infrastructure & Systems Specialist
Endeavour has an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Specialist to join a consultancy firm, based in London, providing a comprehensive array of professional services to fintech companies, online businesses and payment solution providers.
The role offers remote flexibility with presence onsite required when needed.
The successful Infrastructure Specialist will be joining our client’s IT team and be responsible for ensuring that our client’s server and hosted application needs are met and that the health of their global infrastructure is monitored and maintained. You will configure and manage dozens of platforms powering websites, mailboxes, databases, and in-house software. In addition, it’ll be your job to drive improvements, which will include the implementation of automation whether it relates to boosting the effectiveness of processes or the efficiency of internal teams.
The selected Infrastructure Specialist will have the following demonstrable skills/experience required:
- Five or more years of experience in system administration or related IT role.
- Experience administering a wide variety of *nix platforms.
- Proven experience configuring and managing systems running Debian and CentOS (or derivatives), and software such as OpenSSH, Nginx, Apache, MySQL, Postfix, and Dovecot.
- Experience with tools and products like Chef/Ansible and Vagrant/Docker.
- Automate everything mindset with a ridiculous amount of experience in automating tasks through scripting.
- Knowledge of one or more languages such as Python, Go, Perl, Java, Bash, and PHP.
- Strong familiarity with supporting high-volume eCommerce websites.
- Understanding of hardware, information security, networking concepts, and enterprise applications.
- Basic abilities in network administration: experience working with Cisco/F5 products and a solid understanding of network protocols.
- Ability to quickly analyse complex issues, come up with innovative solutions, and determine possible causes. A high aptitude for problem solving is required.
- Ability to balance conflicting concerns such as security, maintainability, and usability.
- Experience supporting remotely located end users and systems, and an understanding of the impact of technology on the business.
- Ability to work to a very high standard and tight deadlines with colleagues from across the globe.
- Autonomous, detail-oriented, highly organized, and quick to adapt to changes.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willingness and ability to learn and master new tools and latest trends.
- Ability to work outside of typical business hours on occasion.
- Certifications (e.g. CompTIA Linux+, LPIC-*, RHCSA, ITIL® etc.) a huge asset.
If this sounds like you, send your CV or get in touch for further details!
Full stack developer required!
A client focused on Defence and Security industry is looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to work on their edge orchestration, sensor and systems management platforms within their development team.
This is a remote position!
The selected Fullstack developer will be part of a cross-functional team that's responsible for the design of new products where they will be involved in all aspects of the lifecycle, from conception to deployment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with engineering teams and product managers to ideate software solutions and engaging visual designs
- Design innovative client-side and server-side architecture
- Lead weekly sprint meetings
- Help mentor junior staff
- Design, build and maintain efficient, useable, and reliable front-end applications
- Develop product features with minimal supervision.
- Turn prototypes into production-ready code
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Help maintain code quality, organisation and automation
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Work with Engineering and Capability Delivery to improve software
- Proven experience as a Senior Full Stack Developer
- Ability to lead a small team
- 8+ years of development experience
- Experience of being part of an agile development team
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Knowledge of source control including Git
- Familiarity with tools such as AdobeXD, Photoshop, Illustrator and others
- Strong sense of web design and an understanding of the UX best Practices, cross-platform compatibility, responsive design principles
Apply and send your CV or get in touch ASAP for further details on this exciting new opportunity!
Calling for experienced PHP Developers!
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join a rapidly expanding, established travel
business. As the company scales up, our client is looking for talented senior software engineers
to join their team.
This position will be remote (but you can work from Manchester office if convenient)
Our client is looking for an experienced PHP developer who has managed applications
running in AWS.
The successful PHP developer will be working remotely as part of an in-house Dev team, reporting to the Lead Developer;
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop and enhance bespoke PHP applications, web services and APIs.
• Implement web service integrations with third parties.
• Contribute to the Technology Architecture.
• Utilise the AWS platform to supercharge the eCommerce platform
• Ensure the AWS infrastructure enables the applications to scale
• Ensure your code is secure and efficient and that it will meet capacity demands.
• Follow Development best practices to design, plan, develop and ship good code (agile process is centered around sprint planning, fortnightly sprints, retrospectives)
• Contribute ideas to progress and increase the success of the business.
• Take responsibility for delivering your projects in a timely manner.
• Enjoy communicating plans and progress clearly via Teams and Jira
• Strong knowledge and experience working with modern object-oriented PHP using
MVC frameworks such as Symfony or Yii.
• Designed, implemented and supported production applications on AWS
infrastructure. Great if you have your AWS Certified Solutions Architect cert.
• Strong database design skills (MySQL) and the ability to perform optimisation and
• Experience using Git as a version control system in a team context.
• Familiarity with modern frontend technologies like HTML5, CSS3, ES6, React.js
• Knowledge of some or all tools and methods such as Composer, Redis, Elasticache,
Continuous Integration, TDD, Atlassian Suite.
• The ability to contribute high quality code and contribute to peer reviews offering
constructive feedback on code style, naming and design.
• Strong teamwork and communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
• Strong knowledge of web performance optimisation and caching.
• Great problem solving and organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
• Experience writing clear specifications from gathered requirements and breaking
down projects into simple tasks that can be delegated to keep all business priorities
Get in touch or apply and send your CV ASAP for this not-to-be missed opportunity!
Are you an experienced SQL DBA?
Are you looking to settle and join an innovative company?
If you are keen to make a real impact in a business intent on changing the face of the retail sector (and thus the end customer experience), then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
The selected SQL DBA will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintenance, support and administration of live Microsoft SQL database environments
- Proactive monitoring & continuous improvement of systems to ensure availability, resilience & performance of databases plus associated applications & interfaces
- Modification & manipulation of large volume live transactional data for company & customer use within databases
- Investigation & resolution of database and / or associated environmental issues
- Out of hours on call escalation point for critical database related incidents
- Provide database design / query optimisation / solution support & reasoned advice
- Implementation and deployment of database changes
- Ensure all database servers continue to adhere to PCI-DSS, GDPR & data retention policies
Required skills and knowledge:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a SQL centric role (SQL Server 2005 onwards)
- Using SQL Server Availability Groups or Log Shipping or Database Mirroring
- Experience of working on large volume live production systems
- In depth SQL Server skills including:
- performance tuning
- high availability
- database and configuration and management
- applying database security practices
- Exposure to a technology led organization
- Private equity or plc exposure
- Product launch experience
Experience with the following would be an advantage:
- Competent with Windows operating system and high-level server / storage infrastructure.
- Experience using SSAS / SSRS / SSIS
- Experience writing PowerShell scripts
- Administering a Data Warehouse
- DR / Business Continuity
- Experience using MySQL or Postgress
Send us your CV or get in touch for further details on this exciting new opportunity!
We are looking for an Oracle DBA to help maintain, and troubleshoot our infrastructure. You will be part of a talented and multilingual team of engineers that demonstrates superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security for the large-scale datacentre. Qualified engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
- Install, configure, upgrade and troubleshoot Oracle databases, Oracle Grid Infrastructure
- Performance tests and tuning
- Maintain and amend procedures and internal documentation
- Reporting to TL and/or management team
- Write and maintain custom scripts or identify tasks to be automated to lower the human intervention time.
- Participate in meetings and training related to the environment
- Participate in shifts and 24/7 oncall rotation
- Liaise with other technical teams for problem resolution
- Close work with customers
- Oracle GI 11.2,12.2,19
- Oracle RDBMS 11,12,19
- Oracle ASM
- RedHat Linux 6,7
- OEM, OID and CMAN, MySQL,PostgreSQL knowledge good to have
- Experience with monitoring system
- Experience with shell scripting
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
Please et in touch for further details.
Endeavour has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Back-End developer, to join our Digital Commerce client’s team, based in London.
As a Back-End Developer you will develop, test and document advanced e-commerce solutions for our client.
The successful Back-End developer will be involved in the following deliverables:
- Develop custom Magento extensions (client specific or internal) based on the brief set out in the technical specification C
- Create system integrations between Magento and external systems and APIs
- Facilitate Magento migrations (from Magento 1 or other platforms to Magento 2)
- Participate in the development of our own tools, frameworks and extensions used as a basis on client implementations
- Provide bug fixing and root cause analysis assistance on support tickets
- Document new software components
- Approach any development with the utmost attention to code quality, Magento best practices, re-usability, security, performance and upgradeability
- Provide general assistance and mentoring of other developers
- Advise PMs / TAs on best technical approach to major tasks
- Participate in Code Audits Reports requested by existing or new clients
- Participate in reviewing backend developer application tests
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years Magento (Magento 2 experience is a plus) and PHP development experience
- Magento Certified Developer (Solution Specialist Certification is nice to have)
- Excellent knowledge of the architecture and core concepts of Magento's most important modules, Core, Catalog, Customer, Quote, Checkout & Sales
- Excellent knowledge of Magento's frontend rendering mechanism, layout, blocks and templates
- Excellent knowledge in Object Oriented PHP, Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Excellent knowledge of Git and distributed source control concepts, including branching and merging strategies
- Good knowledge of the Linux command line, SSH, CLI tools
- Excellent MySQL knowledge and schema design
- Excellent knowledge of API technologies (REST, SOAP)
- Good knowledge of debugging tools and code profiling
- Experience with unit testing and static code analysis
- Experience with virtualization technologies, e.g. Docker / Vagrant
Please, get in touch to discuss this great opportunity or send us your CV ASAP!
Our leading client based in Cork, Ireland is seeking a Software Project Manager for a challenging role within a large team, engaged in delivering critical solutions to a well-established eCommerce client.
Work closely with Senior management and peers, Architects and Project Leads to understand client priorities and business requirements
Monitor and Delivery the project within the defined scope, to budget and time-scale.
Develop detailed project schedules and communicate these to the client.
Manage day-to-day client interaction and close collaboration.
Set and manage client expectations.
Appraise the work/deliverables of team members; identify and provide for developmental needs of team; and take corrective action when necessary.
Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
Build a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures
Desired Candidate Skills & Experience:
5+ years demonstrable & successful experience in a project lead or project management position, preferably in a commercial software development organisation, or in a similar exacting technical environment.
Experience of Agile development methodologies, particularly ‘Scrum’
Detailed familiarity with the Software development lifecycle
Possesses good understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
IOS, Android, Windows
Java SC / Java EE
Mongo DB, SQL Server, MySql
Please get in touch for further details on this excellent, long term contract opportunity.
Successful E-Commerce business in the Retail & Wholesale Market is looking for a competent C# Developer. As part of a small team you would be a key member in the success and progression of our clients’ E-commerce business. Experience with C# and .Net necessary, as is Excel, SQL or Oracle. Salary £35K to £40K DOE.
Situated in a rural location, that has appeal to many. Enjoy the boutiques, restaurants and ‘chocolate box’ scenery while still being only 90 minutes from London and a stones throw from the M4, M5 and M40.
- Work in a small company culture
- Be key member of the development team
- Holiday rising to 25 days
- Company Pension Scheme
- Option to work remotely
- Flexible working hours
- Training in New Technologies
- Progress to Management
- Increase Technical Knowledge
About the Role:
Primary responsibilities will be to work on new projects, some of which will be ‘mission critical’. On a day to day basis there will be maintenance of existing systems. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn new skills. If solving complex problems is of interest to you then this could be the role for you.
You will be expected:
- To produce structured code
- To take ownership of a task/project
- To Test work thoroughly and produce test plans when required
- To work with the team collaboratively
- To be creative, inspirational and proactive
Technical Skills Required:
- SQL (SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL)
- Excel Advanced User – Pivots & Lookups
- VB6 or VBA
- AWS &/or Azure
- Sage Integration
If you are looking for the next step on the career ladder, then please do not hesitate to apply, or contact us for more information.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for a Senior Linux Engineer to work for a large, reputable client in Brussels, Belgium. The duration of this role is 12 months and the daily all-inclusive rate is €577 euros.
We are looking for a Senior/Expert Linux Engineer with proven experience in managing Red Hat Linux environments. You will strengthen the System Operations team by maintaining our current Linux Server infrastructure and take a technical leading role in Linux/Infra related projects. Your tasks will mainly consist of:
- Assist in daily operations on Systems like deployments, maintenance, patching, upgrading, securing
- Manage, maintain and optimize the existing Linux environment
- Participate in an on-call 24/7 support team
- Assist in designing and implementing an overall Alerting and Monitoring Strategy for Linux environments
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- RedHat Enterprise Linux (incl. Sattelite)
- Security hardening & patching
- Ansible Scripting
- Webservices/daemons (e.g. Apache, Tomcat)
- Accompanying web/application technologies such as ElasticSearch and Logstash
- Knowledge of MySQLDB, Oracle DB or SyBase is a definite plus
- Prior experience in supporting Dell and/or HP Hardware platforms is a plus
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
If you want to work in Central London, Clerkenwell is in the heart of the City, with access to the mainline and tubes such as, Farringdon, Barbican, Kings Cross, Islington and St. Pancras. This area was once home to Charles Dickens and Oliver Cromwell and is now a trendy area to live and work, with creative businesses and smart studios in converted warehouses and factories. There is no shortage of Gastropubs, Bars and Clubs. Smithfield’s and Exmouth Markets are both close by.
Our client is an award-winning digital agency with a unique foothold in a niche area of the marketplace. Responsibilities will include working as part of team on interactive advertising.
With offices in New York, Singapore and Paris, our client has a strong belief in redefining advertising and an impressive client list is testament to their success.
To be successful in the role of Back End Developer we are seeking the following skills:
- Significant API experience
- AWS working knowledge
- Knowledge of Container Systems – beneficial
- Knowledge of Machine Learning – beneficial
Applicants are invited to apply as soon as possible to be included in the shortlist.