Our leading client based in Cork, Ireland is seeking a Software Project Manager for a challenging role within a large team, engaged in delivering critical solutions to a well-established eCommerce client.
Work closely with Senior management and peers, Architects and Project Leads to understand client priorities and business requirements
Monitor and Delivery the project within the defined scope, to budget and time-scale.
Develop detailed project schedules and communicate these to the client.
Manage day-to-day client interaction and close collaboration.
Set and manage client expectations.
Appraise the work/deliverables of team members; identify and provide for developmental needs of team; and take corrective action when necessary.
Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
Build a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures
Desired Candidate Skills & Experience:
5+ years demonstrable & successful experience in a project lead or project management position, preferably in a commercial software development organisation, or in a similar exacting technical environment.
Experience of Agile development methodologies, particularly ‘Scrum’
Detailed familiarity with the Software development lifecycle
Possesses good understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
IOS, Android, Windows
Java SC / Java EE
Mongo DB, SQL Server, MySql
Please get in touch for further details on this excellent, long term contract opportunity.
Successful E-Commerce business in the Retail & Wholesale Market is looking for a competent C# Developer. As part of a small team you would be a key member in the success and progression of our clients’ E-commerce business. Experience with C# and .Net necessary, as is Excel, SQL or Oracle. Salary £35K to £40K DOE.
Situated in a rural location, that has appeal to many. Enjoy the boutiques, restaurants and ‘chocolate box’ scenery while still being only 90 minutes from London and a stones throw from the M4, M5 and M40.
- Work in a small company culture
- Be key member of the development team
- Holiday rising to 25 days
- Company Pension Scheme
- Option to work remotely
- Flexible working hours
- Training in New Technologies
- Progress to Management
- Increase Technical Knowledge
About the Role:
Primary responsibilities will be to work on new projects, some of which will be ‘mission critical’. On a day to day basis there will be maintenance of existing systems. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn new skills. If solving complex problems is of interest to you then this could be the role for you.
You will be expected:
- To produce structured code
- To take ownership of a task/project
- To Test work thoroughly and produce test plans when required
- To work with the team collaboratively
- To be creative, inspirational and proactive
Technical Skills Required:
- SQL (SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL)
- Excel Advanced User – Pivots & Lookups
- VB6 or VBA
- AWS &/or Azure
- Sage Integration
If you are looking for the next step on the career ladder, then please do not hesitate to apply, or contact us for more information.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for a Senior Linux Engineer to work for a large, reputable client in Brussels, Belgium. The duration of this role is 12 months and the daily all-inclusive rate is €577 euros.
We are looking for a Senior/Expert Linux Engineer with proven experience in managing Red Hat Linux environments. You will strengthen the System Operations team by maintaining our current Linux Server infrastructure and take a technical leading role in Linux/Infra related projects. Your tasks will mainly consist of:
- Assist in daily operations on Systems like deployments, maintenance, patching, upgrading, securing
- Manage, maintain and optimize the existing Linux environment
- Participate in an on-call 24/7 support team
- Assist in designing and implementing an overall Alerting and Monitoring Strategy for Linux environments
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- RedHat Enterprise Linux (incl. Sattelite)
- Security hardening & patching
- Ansible Scripting
- Webservices/daemons (e.g. Apache, Tomcat)
- Accompanying web/application technologies such as ElasticSearch and Logstash
- Knowledge of MySQLDB, Oracle DB or SyBase is a definite plus
- Prior experience in supporting Dell and/or HP Hardware platforms is a plus
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
If you want to work in Central London, Clerkenwell is in the heart of the City, with access to the mainline and tubes such as, Farringdon, Barbican, Kings Cross, Islington and St. Pancras. This area was once home to Charles Dickens and Oliver Cromwell and is now a trendy area to live and work, with creative businesses and smart studios in converted warehouses and factories. There is no shortage of Gastropubs, Bars and Clubs. Smithfield’s and Exmouth Markets are both close by.
Our client is an award-winning digital agency with a unique foothold in a niche area of the marketplace. Responsibilities will include working as part of team on interactive advertising.
With offices in New York, Singapore and Paris, our client has a strong belief in redefining advertising and an impressive client list is testament to their success.
To be successful in the role of Back End Developer we are seeking the following skills:
- Significant API experience
- AWS working knowledge
- Knowledge of Container Systems – beneficial
- Knowledge of Machine Learning – beneficial
Applicants are invited to apply as soon as possible to be included in the shortlist.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for a Drupal 8 Developer to work for a large client in the Public Sector based in Brussels, Belgium. The duration of this role is initially 220 working days with possibility of extension thereafter and the all-inclusive daily rate for this role is €340.
- Graph DB e.g. Neo4J
- Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience in AWS environment
- HTML & CSS
- Twig and Bootstrap for front-end framework
- Experience with Drupal 8 integration, experience with Drupal module customisation is an asset.
- Experience with CSS pre-processors
- Experience with RESTful services and APIs
- Responsive and Mobile design
- Cross-Browser Development
- W3C accessibility standards
- Behat testing
- Unit testing
- UI testing
- Git or other Version Control System
- JIRA issue tracker system
- Good problem solving skills
- Willingness and capacity to learn and develop professionally
- Fluent English Speaking
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
Excellent long term contract opportunity for a Drupal Developer to join a large European Organisation in Brussels.
Required skills and experience :
- 1- 2 years’ experience with enterprise Drupal development.
- knowledge of the Drupal ecosystem, core and contributed modules, Drupal coding standards etc.
- Experienced in site-building, developing modules and theming in Drupal.
- Excellent analytical skills and have an eye for detail.
- Capable of integrating smoothly in an international environment, self-starting rapidly and are a valuable team player.
- Good communication, writing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to explain and justify technical choices to a non-technical audience.
- Speak and write English fluently. Knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
Please get in touch for further details on this long term mission in Brussels.
Endeavour Recruitment has an exciting long term contract opportunity for a Drupal Developer with 2 + years’ experience.
Join a large client in the Public Sector based in Brussels, Belgium. The duration of this contract is 40 months and the daily rate is €300.
•At least 2 years of experience with enterprise Drupal development.
•A good knowledge of: Web technologies in general such as:
•In depth knowledge of the Drupal ecosystem, core and contributed modules, Drupal coding standards.
•Experience in site-building, developing modules and theming in Drupal.
•You have excellent analytical skills and have an eye for detail.
•You are capable of integrating smoothly in an international environment, self-starting rapidly and are a valuable team player.
•You have very good communication, writing and negotiation skills.
•You are able to explain and justify technical choices to a non-technical audience.
•You speak and write English fluently. Knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role then please do not hesitate to apply.
Endeavour is looking for a skilled Senior Magento Developer to join our a large Software development and E-Commerce client, based in Cork, initially for a 6 months contract.
The ideal candidate will have proven, strong execution skills and ability to manage client expectations, as well as excellent technical skills.
The successful developer will have a minimum of 3 years commercial experience implementing high traffic web applications with highly dynamic user interface, and be comfortable in leading a project from both a technical and delivery perspective.
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum of 3-5 years PHP web development experience
- Minimum of 3 years real-world e-commerce experience with Magento development in the last 2 years
- Experience with both Magento 1 and 2
- Expert understanding of Magento's code structure, extension architecture, theming hierarchy, and fallback components
- Expertise in authoring and extending Magento extensions
- Thorough experience in customizing Magento's front-end components using layout XML, blocks, and templates
- Thorough knowledge of vanilla Magento feature set and configuration
- Magento Certification is a huge plus
- Firm grasp of Git-based source control
- Competent with PHP object-oriented programming & MVC applications
- Competent with MySQL-based database concepts
- Demonstrated understanding of Responsive Web Design principles
- Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues, DOM and web standards
- Experience working with cross-functional and cross-office teams using Agile Methodology
- Experience with multiple CMS solutions
- Familiarity with automated deployment strategies
- Solutions-oriented thinking; always looking for the smart solution to a problem rather than jumping at the first answer
- A preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and technologies
Please, get in touch ASAP for further details on the excellent contract opportunity!
Endeavour Recruitment is looking for two Permanent Test Analysts for their client based in Brighton. This is primarily a Manual Testing role, but experience of Automated Testing would be advantageous. Training for this would also be provided. Between 2-5 years’ experience required. The salary on offer is between £25K to £30K.
The ideal candidates will have worked in a Testing role before and therefore be familiar with Agile, TDD, and implementing test plans. The client requires candidates who are excellent communicators, are extremely business focussed and are keen to build on their testing abilities to help deliver automated regression testing.
Essential Candidate Experience:
- 2-5 years’ Testing experience
- Jira &/or Bugzilla
- Linux / Windows
- Web Based Applications
- NoSQL, MySQL & SQL Server
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Apache, Tomcat, jBoss
If you are interested in this role and you have the right experience, then please apply for the role with your most up to date CV that includes the experience you have relevant to the role.
Endeavour Recruitment has an superb opportunity for a Cloud native developer to join our leading client based in Leuven (Belgium). This is a 12 month contract with possible extension, paying a daily rate of €400 all-inclusive based on a 40-hour week.
Requirements of the project
You will need to be a creative mind, a critical and outside of the box thinker showing a degree of flexibility and able to function in a sociable and creative environment.
The highly skilled, enthusiastic, communicative developer will build applications with a cloud native design in function incorporating flexible releases and integration with cloud eco-systems.
In-depth experience and knowledge as a Senior Java engineer with the ability to build and design the backend services and technical capabilities in a logical process.
The developer will work together in a multi-functional team to automatize build-integration-deploy-test processes and build functional, qualitative applications.
Focus on the base layer of the newly designed platform, adopting the best technologies to apply.
Evaluation on how to build and maintain the different components of this layer will be undertaken during the design and build of the new platform.
An ability to clearly communicate with project teams and stakeholders within the business is essential for this role, therefore a positive attitude and focus to keep motivation high when challenged will be a benefit to this role.
Detail orientated individuals with good in multitasking abilities when working under strict deadlines will succeed in this role.
A fluency in English is essential and the ability to speak Dutch is a positive benefit in this role.
Essential skills and experience required for the role.
- A determination to keep up to date with the latest web technologies
- Expertise in object-oriented en-functional programming in modern programming languages
- Database knowledge and experience: PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL (mongoDB, …)
- Java frameworks like spring/springboot and cloud related databases (SQL and No-SQL). For a few pilot applications (K ‘ching and Appyourservice).
- Expertise with front end and RESTful webservices, JSON, …
- Very good knowledge of software development best practices
- Design patterns
- Unit testing, continuous integration, build pipelines (grunt, gulp)
- Code analyses (Sonar)
- Experience in an Agile environment (Scrum, kanban)
- A passion for coding and end-to-end development.
This is a stunning opportunity to create the foundation of a platform that will reform the client’s application landscape.