Are you an experienced SQL DBA?
Are you looking to settle and join an innovative company?
If you are keen to make a real impact in a business intent on changing the face of the retail sector (and thus the end customer experience), then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
The selected SQL DBA will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintenance, support and administration of live Microsoft SQL database environments
- Proactive monitoring & continuous improvement of systems to ensure availability, resilience & performance of databases plus associated applications & interfaces
- Modification & manipulation of large volume live transactional data for company & customer use within databases
- Investigation & resolution of database and / or associated environmental issues
- Out of hours on call escalation point for critical database related incidents
- Provide database design / query optimisation / solution support & reasoned advice
- Implementation and deployment of database changes
- Ensure all database servers continue to adhere to PCI-DSS, GDPR & data retention policies
Required skills and knowledge:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a SQL centric role (SQL Server 2005 onwards)
- Using SQL Server Availability Groups or Log Shipping or Database Mirroring
- Experience of working on large volume live production systems
- In depth SQL Server skills including:
- performance tuning
- high availability
- database and configuration and management
- applying database security practices
- Exposure to a technology led organization
- Private equity or plc exposure
- Product launch experience
Experience with the following would be an advantage:
- Competent with Windows operating system and high-level server / storage infrastructure.
- Experience using SSAS / SSRS / SSIS
- Experience writing PowerShell scripts
- Administering a Data Warehouse
- DR / Business Continuity
- Experience using MySQL or Postgress
Send us your CV or get in touch for further details on this exciting new opportunity!