SQL Developer / Data Engineer
Our financial client based on the outskirts of Southampton and Portsmouth on the south coast have an opportunity for a SQL Developer / Data Engineer to join the team.
You will sit within the Data Team and work with technical and non-technical people across the whole company.
What will you be doing?
• Development and maintenance of data warehouse (Azure Data Factory, SQL Server)
• Writing SQL views and stored procedures
• Assisting with Power BI development and maintenance
• Database modelling, development and optimisation
• Azure DevOps
• Requirements gathering from senior stakeholders
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a can-do attitude – able to use initiative to bring about positive change and take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data
• Has experience in using PowerBI
• Has a strong command of SQL
• Thrives on problem solving and able to suggest solutions
• Can communicate effectively and be comfortable communicating ideas to people at all levels across the firm
• Can distil a complex problem into a workable solution and implement it
• Has gumption and strives to continuously learn and implement new skills and technologies on the fly. Can take an assignment and “run with it”.
• Has advanced Excel usage
Bonus Points for:
• Working in the financial industry
• Experience with Azure, especially Azure Data Factory and Azure DevOps
• Previous coding experience
• API experience
For further details regarding this exciting role, please don’t hesitate to apply.