Contract opportunity for a Desktop Support profile to start ASAP.
You will be joining a growing financial sector business IT team.
This will be a hybrid remote role.
For the right Desktop Support candidate, there will be the opportunity to become a permanent member of our client’s IT team.
As a Desktop Support representative, you will be responsible for providing IT application
and infrastructure support, as well as developing business solutions that help bring about
operational efficiencies and improvements to our client’s technology capabilities. You will report
to the Head of IT within a team of four other members. Day-to-day the role will largely involve
working with internal users as well as working closely with our third-party IT suppliers.
The successful Desktop Support profile will be:
- Customer focused – able to put themselves into the end users’ shoes to understand their
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships.
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude – able to use initiative to bring about positive change,
especially in ambiguous situations.
- Well organised and able to manage a competing work volume.
- Logically thinking – able to plan out the sequence of steps to understand and resolve a
- Driven to progress in their career and takes responsibility for their development.
- Is not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo.
- Willing to travel between offices when required (Solent, Bournemouth, and London) on
- ccasions (20% travel)
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working with the end users of technology
- A strong demonstrable desire to build a career in IT
- At least a 2:1 university degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics
- (STEM) subject that contained modules with programming exposure.
- Experience of working in a financial services operational department (ideally within a
- wealth management context)
- Evidence of improving a process using technology solutions
- Evidence of providing customer support, either in a technical or non-technical capacity
- Knowledge and experience of using the Microsoft Azure, PowerApps, and Power Automate
- Technical background with evidence of programming experience in an object orientated or
- Advanced Excel skills