Do you have previous experience as a Software team lead?
Have you worked as a Scrum Master in previous projects?
Do you have a Test Automation approach to software development?
Are you a strong technical expert?
Then we want to speak to you!
Endeavour has a fantastic career opportunity for Embedded Team Lead, to join a Global client, specialised in the mobility industry.
You will be based in our client’s headquarters office, situated in the ideal spot for nature and water sports lovers, in Dorset.
The successful Embedded Team Lead will be developing and supporting the introduction of new products, and bug fixing of product issues.
Your responsibilities as an Embedded Team Lead will include:
- Coordinate teams of software engineers to support and develop .NET CF embedded products written in C# and C/C++
- Perform the role of Scrum Master for multiple development teams e.g. oversee Agile Ceremonies and providing start and end of sprint KPI reports to aid governance
- Coordination with senior management for reporting of progress and impediments and to implement the development roadmap
- Contribute to the coordination of multiple Agile teams developing in parallel to a shared goal
- Actively contribute to improve the quality of both products and services by working in accordance with internal and external quality standards
- Lead software process and tooling improvement activities
- Contribute to interdepartmental communication in order to improve awareness of the project and customer needs and the creation of a team spirit within
- Ensure that technical standards, documentation and processes are applied to all delivery artefacts
- Undertake software design reviews and provide guidance to other developers if necessary
- Assist in the refinement of specifications and requirements into a development backlogs, and present tested, working software in iteration reviews
- Write effective documentation and test processes
- Resolve technical issues arising during the project lifecycle and after release
- Significant experience within an embedded software development environment
- 3+ years Object Oriented Design and Programming (e.g. UML, Design Patterns, SOLID principles)
- 3+ years C#/.NET Software Development using the Visual Studio IDE
- Programming for Windows CE/Windows Embedded Compact and use of .NET Compact Framework
- Experience of CI and the development/application of automated tests (TDD or BDD)
- Source control tools such as Bitbucket and VSTFS
- Experience working as Scrum Master, for both on shore and off shore teams
- Strong technical capability - Architecture, Design/patterns and Implementation
Please get in touch and send us your CV, to apply ASAP!
About the role
- Duration: 6 months
- 40 hours a week
- Rate: €65-75 per hour based on experience
- Location: The Hague
You will be working within our clients Customer & Commerce business unit. At the moment, preparations are being made to have the first feature teams start working according to the LeSS (Large Scale Scrum) methodology. Collaboration, ownership and learning are central in these multidisciplinary teams. Together you will build a new organization, in a dynamic and learning environment.
You will be part of a DevOps team with experienced frontend developers with whom you will establish web components / frontend libraries and maintenance for all portals. You must be able to integrate web components with APIs and services and have also supported a test drive method with a CI / CD pipeline.
- 10+ years’ experience in the field of software engineering, and 5+ years in the field of front-end development
- Experience with the development of web components / frontend libraries in a corporate environment
- Experience with Continuous Integration and know how to optimize the frontend development for this
- Experience with unit testing, performance, cross browser compatibility, version management and clean code
- Experience with mobile development or Java EE;
- Dutch and English
Are you a looking for an excellent career opportunity? Our client, based in Southampton, specialising in delivering IT Technology solutions, is recruiting for a C# Software Developer to join their team. This is a permanent position and the salary is £45,000.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong analytic skills, and logical approach to problem solving.
- Commercial experience developing with C#, T-SQL, MVC and ASP.NET.
- Solid T-SQL skills including experience of creating and amending Stored Procedures working with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience of Angular JS
- Experience creating/maintaining web sites on Internet Information Services.
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment and be a highly organized individual with the ability to multi-task and have a high attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of design patterns and Object Orientated Design.
- Strong knowledge of refactoring, including improving the design of existing code.
- An interest in programming best practices.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and be autonomous and proactive in solving problems.
- Clear and concise documentation skills
- Knowledge of relational database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server and related .NET technologies
- Knowledge of Java, Ionic, Intel XDA, Typescript, Bootstrap, IIS 7.0
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
- Familiarity with continuous integration
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience developing RESTful WebAPIs.
- Understands the Agile software development lifecycle and working knowledge of SCRUM.
- Full development life cycle experience.
- Experience in large, complex system implementation projects.
- Knowledge of performing test driven development.
- Experience with CI tools such as TeamCity
- Previous experience working on similar applications would be highly advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of retail (convenience & forecourt) and EPOS.
Please, get in touch for further details on the exciting career opportunity!
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for a Software Container Platform Specialist to work for a large European organisation in The Hague, Netherlands. This duration of this role is initially 3 months with a possibility of extension.
Required knowledge and skills:
- You must have a university degree.
- Expert knowledge of Software container technologies and orchestration frameworks (especially Kubernetes).
- Expert knowledge of Docker.
- Expert knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices.
- Expert knowledge of Microservice Architecture.
- Experience with JEE-based middle tier applications and JBoss deployments.
- Knowledge of infrastructural and application security (e.g. Kerberos)
- Knowledge of TOGAF and Archimate.
- Knowledge of ITIL v3.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation.
- Must have a very good level of English (oral and written).
• Good Communication skills, interpersonal skills and analytical skills.
- Support the members of the aforementioned project in building up their knowledge and experience in the area of Software container-enabled and orchestrated platforms.
- Engage with the various stakeholders in the software development, continuous integration and deployment, test and SDLC process domains to understand the current state.
- Organize additional meetings or workshops with key stakeholders in order to outline the requirements for the future state of the common build and deployment platform further, especially with regards to the identification of benefits provided through containerization.
- Structure and complete business demand from an architecture perspective, and translate these demands into a viable, feasible, durable, and compliant target state solution architecture for the build and deployment platform (where applicable).
- Support the project managers/technical project managers in delivering a result that adheres to the principles, policies and patterns established in the enterprise architecture.
- Adhere where appropriate to the overall Enterprise Architecture through the delivery of solutions, solution architectures and models, design patterns, principles, models, requirements, standards and policies of EA and/or security.
- Interface with the Design Authority and Security, Architecture and Innovation in the context of roadmaps for architectural changes and capability platform strategies.
- Interface with the Service Operations in the context of understanding the implications of a potential migration to a container platform from an operations perspective for production support.
- Determine the potential impact of industry and market trends in the respective area, and include recommendations for further strategic changes and improvements.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
Endeavour is looking for a DevOps Specialist to join a reputable, multinational client in The Hague, initially for a 10 months contract.
The ideal DevOps specialist will be an excellent communicator and have strong interpersonal skills. Knowledge of another language – French or German – would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Review, propose and improve workflows intended for the future state of the CI/CD pipeline;
- Support the technical personnel in delivering solutions that adhere to the principles, policies and patterns established in the enterprise architecture;
- Design, code and engineer, integrate, test, correct and document customisations;
- Adhere where appropriate to the overall enterprise architecture through the delivery of solutions, solution architectures and models, design patterns, principles, models, requirements, standards and policies of security;
- Perform the necessary implementations, customizations and integrations, based on the current platform state and setup, to update and to deliver Container-based deployments;
- Interface with corresponding directorates as well as with other contracting services, e.g. in the context of plugin maintenance and process automation;
- Perform platform maintenance tasks and support build projects in case of issues and in their evolution;
- Support the introduction of Git/Bitbucket and HipChat, especially during the project’s guarantee phase and maintenance;
- Support the newly created Container-based CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise test setup by implementing related changes (if needed);
- Design and implement a Container-based platform system test spanning SCM, Jenkins, Nexus and potentially SonarQube;
- Deliver solutions to open, build platform-related Jira tickets, especially for (but not restricted to) Nexus, SonarQube, Docker/Container-related, Maven/Maven-plugin-related;
- Develop and implement a REST API-based HipChat data export and import option;
- Trigger and support either SVN-to-Git migration or guide the introduction of code access restriction for development projects that have stayed/decided to stay on Subversion (the process for access restriction is known);
Required skills and experience
- University degree
- Experience with multi-sourcing delivery environments;
- Expert knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices;
- DevOps mentality;
- Expert knowledge on Distributed Source Code Management solutions and corresponding work flow models;
- Strong implementation and development skills;
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation;
- Knowledge of ITIL v3;
- Good troubleshooting capabilities;
- Good Communication skills, interpersonal skills and analytical skills.
- Being active in a multi-cultural environment, the applicant shall have a very good level of English (oral and written).
You will also have demonstrable knowledge/experience of as many as possible of the following technical skills:
- Expert knowledge in the tools which are part of the build and deployment platform (such as SVN, Git/Bitbucket, HipChat, CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise, Maven, Nexus, SonarQube);
- Demonstrated experience with plugin development for Bitbucket and Maven;
- Expert knowledge in the area of Software Containers/Docker;
- AMF and ADS expert knowledge;
- Knowledge in Middle-tier (web services, web clients, backend of web clients, REST, Java/Groovy, JBoss);
- Good knowledge of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and shell scripting (bash);
- Good knowledge of JEE technologies;
Please apply for further details on this not-to-be-missed contract opportunity!
Our client is an established software company supplying their product globally. They supply high quality, mission critical and secure solutions.
- Mobile Application Development
- Continual Integration
- Content Management
- Push Notifications
- Strong Communication
The successful candidate will be flexible by nature, enthusiastic and self-motivated. Please apply quickly to be shortlisted.
Endeavour is looking for a seasoned Configuration Manager for an exciting contract opportunity in Switzerland.
You will be joining a Global organisation, based in Geneva. This will be for a 6 months+ contract.
A Swiss Work Permit is required for any non-Swiss candidates.
The role will involve:
- Liaise with business lines to establish requirements for a repository environment
- Technical implementation and supporting teams with how to connect and share code
- Populate software components repository with input from the business lines
- Manage quality checking procedures
Required Skills and experience:
- At least 1 year hands on experience with setting up and managing Continuous Integration environment and Software Components repository environment;
- Ability to manage the technical coordination activities relating to complex technical infrastructure;
- Communication skills and very good knowledge of English;
- Must be able to install and configure tools like Nexus, Bamboo, Maven, SonarQube, Subversion or other source code versioning system;
- Programming experience and application development will be an asset - java, perl, shell scripts.
- Expert knowledge in application maintenance and deployment processes;
- Expert knowledge in Web servers and Application support. Experience with Apache web server, Tomcat, Jboss, WildFly application servers;
- Knowledge in Red Hat Linux administration.
- Knowledge of fault tolerant Web Application architectures would be a plus;
- Good experience with open source products support, development, and implementation is important;
- Good knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing, Internet services and protocols.
- Strong capacity to deploy new products, in a rapidly evolving and challenging technical environment.
Please apply and get in touch for further details on this excellent contract opportunity!
Endeavour Recruitment is urgently recruiting for an experienced Software Architect to join an excellent, reputable, London-based European organisation in the medical sector.
This is an fantastic opportunity, initially for a contract till the end of the year, with strong possibility of extension.
Skills/ Experience required :
*Strong Java Software Application development experience.
*API Development experience ( Rest / JAX-RS)
*Continuous integration (Jenkins / Maven / Nexus / Sonar)
Please apply for further details on this excellent, not-to-be missed contract opportunity.
Calling for an Agile Guru to join a leading company in the Telecoms industry, based in Belgium, for an initial 6 months contract!
As an Agile evangelist you will be, teaching and mentoring on different levels (teams, managers, partners) as our client is initiating enterprise wide Agile transformation.
You will be part of the Agile centre of excellence, which is setting direction, overseeing and supporting the overall Agile transformation. You are able to review existing and elaborate on new processes, governance, & structure to support a successful transformation.
You thrive on forming and influencing Agile communities raising awareness of Agile methods in the organization. You are able to connect with scrum masters & Agile coaches, who are part of the delivery teams, communicate & align with them to ensure the teams are moving in the direction in-line with the overall Agile transformation strategy.
- 7+ years acting as an Agile Evangelist in technology sector with large-scale technology programs ;
- You have deep knowledge regarding Agile development methods (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme, Test Driven Development), Agile-at-scale (SAFe) methods, Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- You have strong servant leadership skills with a passion for teaching and mentoring others and have experience in coaching Agile
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to adapt your communication to different audiences
- You are at your best and thrive in a fast paced culture full of collaboration, transparency and trust across teams
- You have strong change management skills
- Preferably you have at least one Agile certification
- English + (Dutch/French are assets)
If this sounds like your next challenge, please get in touch to find further information on this excellent contract opportunity!
Are you looking for your next role?
Do you have strong C# and WPF development experience?
Do you have proven experience in managing developer teams and product development life cycle?
Then, we definitely want to hear from you: Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Software Development Team Leader to join our Southampton-based client.
The successful Software Development Team Leader’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Managing a team of 4+ developers
- Managing the development life cycle in an Agile/Scrum environment
Technical Skills and experience required:
- Proven experience of managing a team of developers
- Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Proficient in WPF, with a good knowledge of its design methodologies
- Familiarity with the .NET framework
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Skill for writing reusable C# libraries
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in C#
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemes that represent and support business processes
- Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Experience in the convenience, point of sale or retail back office environments is a benefit.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated and proactive in solving problems.