Endeavour has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Back-End developer, to join our Digital Commerce client’s team, based in London.
As a Back-End Developer you will develop, test and document advanced e-commerce solutions for our client.
The successful Back-End developer will be involved in the following deliverables:
- Develop custom Magento extensions (client specific or internal) based on the brief set out in the technical specification C
- Create system integrations between Magento and external systems and APIs
- Facilitate Magento migrations (from Magento 1 or other platforms to Magento 2)
- Participate in the development of our own tools, frameworks and extensions used as a basis on client implementations
- Provide bug fixing and root cause analysis assistance on support tickets
- Document new software components
- Approach any development with the utmost attention to code quality, Magento best practices, re-usability, security, performance and upgradeability
- Provide general assistance and mentoring of other developers
- Advise PMs / TAs on best technical approach to major tasks
- Participate in Code Audits Reports requested by existing or new clients
- Participate in reviewing backend developer application tests
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years Magento (Magento 2 experience is a plus) and PHP development experience
- Magento Certified Developer (Solution Specialist Certification is nice to have)
- Excellent knowledge of the architecture and core concepts of Magento's most important modules, Core, Catalog, Customer, Quote, Checkout & Sales
- Excellent knowledge of Magento's frontend rendering mechanism, layout, blocks and templates
- Excellent knowledge in Object Oriented PHP, Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Excellent knowledge of Git and distributed source control concepts, including branching and merging strategies
- Good knowledge of the Linux command line, SSH, CLI tools
- Excellent MySQL knowledge and schema design
- Excellent knowledge of API technologies (REST, SOAP)
- Good knowledge of debugging tools and code profiling
- Experience with unit testing and static code analysis
- Experience with virtualization technologies, e.g. Docker / Vagrant
Please, get in touch to discuss this great opportunity or send us your CV ASAP!
Do you have previous experience as a Software team lead?
Have you worked as a Scrum Master in previous projects?
Do you have a Test Automation approach to software development?
Are you a strong technical expert?
Then we want to speak to you!
Endeavour has a fantastic career opportunity for Embedded Team Lead, to join a Global client, specialised in the mobility industry.
You will be based in our client’s headquarters office, situated in the ideal spot for nature and water sports lovers, in Dorset.
The successful Embedded Team Lead will be developing and supporting the introduction of new products, and bug fixing of product issues.
Your responsibilities as an Embedded Team Lead will include:
- Coordinate teams of software engineers to support and develop .NET CF embedded products written in C# and C/C++
- Perform the role of Scrum Master for multiple development teams e.g. oversee Agile Ceremonies and providing start and end of sprint KPI reports to aid governance
- Coordination with senior management for reporting of progress and impediments and to implement the development roadmap
- Contribute to the coordination of multiple Agile teams developing in parallel to a shared goal
- Actively contribute to improve the quality of both products and services by working in accordance with internal and external quality standards
- Lead software process and tooling improvement activities
- Contribute to interdepartmental communication in order to improve awareness of the project and customer needs and the creation of a team spirit within
- Ensure that technical standards, documentation and processes are applied to all delivery artefacts
- Undertake software design reviews and provide guidance to other developers if necessary
- Assist in the refinement of specifications and requirements into a development backlogs, and present tested, working software in iteration reviews
- Write effective documentation and test processes
- Resolve technical issues arising during the project lifecycle and after release
- Significant experience within an embedded software development environment
- 3+ years Object Oriented Design and Programming (e.g. UML, Design Patterns, SOLID principles)
- 3+ years C#/.NET Software Development using the Visual Studio IDE
- Programming for Windows CE/Windows Embedded Compact and use of .NET Compact Framework
- Experience of CI and the development/application of automated tests (TDD or BDD)
- Source control tools such as Bitbucket and VSTFS
- Experience working as Scrum Master, for both on shore and off shore teams
- Strong technical capability - Architecture, Design/patterns and Implementation
Please get in touch and send us your CV, to apply ASAP!
Endeavour has a fantastic career opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to join a collaborative and dynamic team based in central London.
Our client, a global, award winning client from the Marketing industry is looking for a DevOps engineer with excellent team playing and communications skills to manage the design, implementation and support of the companie’s Cloud computing services including but not limited to Office365, Azure and other 3rd Party cloud service providers.
The successful DevOps Engineer will be responsible for designing and configuring our client’s DevOps platform and operational processes; work closely with Developers to build in-house cloud services; particularly in regards to Build & Release, Release Management and Automation.
As part of your role, you will be required to:
- up-skill and train department staff and provide operational escalation where required.
- contribute to the support of legacy systems as and when required.
- follow Agile methodology for planned work with tasks and time estimates on a 2 weekly cycle.
- deliver work to agreed design and to agreed time frames.
Essential skills / experience:
- Experience of architecting and delivering enterprise projects with Azure
- Experience of build and release processes with Azure DevOps
- In depth understanding of Azure Infrastructure and SaaS services
- Powershell scripting skills
- Experience preparing and delivering written and verbal reports and general communications to audiences of varying levels of seniority and technical ability
Please get in touch and send us your CV ASAP to apply for this exciting perm opportunity!
Are you a looking for a fantastic permanent role? Then this is the role for you! Endeavour Recruitment is recruiting for a Software Architect to join a growing Software client in Southampton, Hampshire. This role is a permanent position and salary is dependent on experience.
What will you be responsible for?:
- Designing, implementing and reviewing architectural solutions.
- Setting and ensuring the right standards are expected and delivered.
- Leading the new and ongoing development on key systems for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Responding to customer incidents and resolving service-affecting issues.
- Coach, support, and mentor developers to improve over time.
- Promoting a strong adherence to standards and oversight – practice and guidance.
- Promoting a team culture and continuous improvement.
- Identifying improvements, planning and estimating work, designing architectures and implementing solutions.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- It is essential that you have strong experience working with C# and Microsoft .Net Framework / .Net Core using SOLID principles or a good understanding of how to apply them.
- You must have excellent documentation skills, using both written and diagrammatic mediums to enable developers to easily deliver soundly architected, reliable, performant and secure solutions.
- You should have a good level of experience of working with RESTful Web APIs.
- You have an in depth understanding of dependency injection and IoC.
- You must have an excellent understanding of Unit testing.
- Professional experience working with source control and CI tools such as team city.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in the retail or loyalty sector would be advantageous.
- Some experience of AWS, notably Lambda and serverless development.
- A working knowledge of firewalls, networking, and DNS.
Please, get in touch for further details on this exciting career opportunity as a Software Architect!
Excellent 6 month contract opportunity to join a leading telecommunications company based in Belgium. English speaking role.
You will be responsible for collecting, analysing and storing large data sets through state-of-the-art big data capabilities and technologies.
As a Big Data Engineer you’ll be in a driving seat to guide strategic decision-making within our company, make a difference to the customer’s entertainment, communication and future digital experiences, and drive new business development.
In your role you will be working closely together with Big Data architecture to set strategic direction for client big data.
Big Data Technology: You constantly maintain an overview of the Big Data landscape, allowing yourself to advise on new technologies where needed. We need someone that is has in depth expertise with regards to Scala, Spark, Structured Streaming and Kafka Streams.
- Clear Communication: You can effectively and diplomatically communicate ideas to your target audience, i.e. from architect to C-level executive.
- Pragmatic: You are pragmatic in your approach. You use the right techniques to provide the needed quality and detail while avoiding complex solutions.
- Project management: You are able to manage large projects autonomously and monitor scope, time, quality and budget at all times. You can take decisions and solve problems independently within budget of a project and take end to end ownership.
- Team player: You should put the team’s objectives above yours and take the initiative to get things done without waiting to be asked.
- Agile: You have experience with agile ways of working and can take the lead in a project based on Kanban principles.
- Coaching: You can easily share your knowledge with other team members and can take up a coaching role when necessary.
Please get in touch for further details.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an Application Support Manager to join our client based in Dublin. You will lead a team of analysts and developers to provide Application Support Services across the service delivery platforms. Salary in region of €75,000 per annum.
- Design and implement an IT Service fit for purpose for multi-client/multi-platform operations
- Ensure Service Improvement Plans (SIPs) are utilised
- Ensure key deliverables are identified and prioritised
- Ensure solutions adhere to business goals
- Manage system development priorities
- Manage costs, resources, and delivery schedules
- Manage delivery of IT Services to ensure systems remain operational
Required Skills and Knowledge –
- Experience managing Application Support teams
- Experience working in a client-facing role
- Knowledge of Software Architecture
- Knowledge of standard IT Practices
- Previous experience working in financial services industry would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Life Assurance industry would be beneficial
Please apply as soon as possible to be included on the shortlist for this role.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for a Lead Software Architect to work for a large client in Brussels, Belgium. The duration for this role is initially 6 months and the all-inclusive daily rate for this role is €722 euros.
Required skills and knowledge:
- Must have a university degree or equivalent in experience.
- 3 - 5 years direct experience in system design or software architecture, spanning backend systems, mobile apps and/or IoT. Working knowledge of programming styles and languages is required.
- Functional analysis skills, including gathering of functional and non-functional requirements and functional specifications, analysing their impact and producing supporting documentation.
- Well-versed with documenting complex systems; proficient in modelling languages such as UML or SysML.
- End-to-end software architecture design spanning all layers (including complex, large-scale and distributed systems), using proven styles and patterns where applicable.
- Hands-on experience with SOAP, REST, layered, event-driven and (micro)service architectures.
- Experience with code analysis, complexity and dependency analysis.
- A solid understanding of software security essentials.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies, techniques and tools.
- An analytical approach and attitude, with an eye for detail, yet able to maintain the oversight of the overall architecture.
- Experience with agile methods and DevOps.
- Ability to articulate the relationship between business strategy and technology strategy.
- Continuously staying up to date on new technologies, trends and architectural patterns, and evaluating their implications.
- Strong project management skills and high performance ensuring agile delivery of complex solutions complying with high quality standards.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with Domain-Driven Design (DDD).
- Experience with regulated environments (GxP, HIPAA).
- French and/or Dutch speaking is an asset.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
Endeavour Recruitment has the opportunity for a Camera Algorithm Expert to join our client, a leading Telecommunications company, for a permanent role in their Camera Research team based in Lund.
Your main responsibilities will be researching image processing algorithms and image fusion algorithm, and analysing trends in the surveillance camera technology market, helping design state of the art surveillance cameras.
Preferred Skillset –
- Masters or PhD in relevant field
- Experience with Low Light Capturing, Wide Dynamic Range (WDR), and Image Fusion
- Experience with Camera algorithms
- Familiarity with camera system and architecture design
Applicants are invited to apply as soon as possible to be included in the shortlist.
Endeavour Recruitment has exciting opportunities for a Cyber Security/SOC Architects for their client, in various locations in France or Germany.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a company to work for, offering a very competitive salary, a variety of benefits and the prospect of career growth and progression.
Our client, a European cybersecurity specialist, has the mission to protect the National Critical Infrastructure, as well as government and defense against cyber threats. Reliable and high-performance security products and services are able to detect, analyze and neutralize the most sophisticated cyber attacks.
Your responsibilities will include among the following tasks:
- You intervene on the SOC architecture studies, in order to specify the most suitable to be taken into account for the supervision of the safety in relation to the need of the customer.
- You are the privileged interface of the project manager, and you have to define the build project strategy with him. You bring the elements to define the risks and project opportunities.
- You act within the company to control the technical teams (IDS, SIEM, WAF..), and you are the technical referent vis-à-vis our customers in the phase of construction.
- You are required to make a technical watch on the progress in the world of the cyber- security, attack methods and system protection methods, and security solutions supervision.
Experience & Knowledge
- Holder of a diploma of Engineer Bac+5 (or equivalent) in the field of cybersecurity or a related discipline.
- 3 years minimum experience in a similar position and ISO 27001 certification.
- Solid knowledge of cyberdefence products: IDSIIPS, management system of log, SIEM, vulnerability scanner, APT detection tools, etc.
- Linux and Windows skills.
- You're always curious, invested, concerned. As a team, you promote transparency and listening to your people.
- Language skills: advanced level in English. Fluent in French or German
- Please note this position requires a security clearance.
- There may be requirements to travel to customer premises (predominantly national but also limited international).
Please, get in touch ASAP for further details on these superb career opportunities.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for a Solution Architect specialising in Telecoms to join the Research and Development team of our client, a large telecommunications company, based in Dublin. This is a 12-month contract and our client will pay extremely competitive rates.
Your main responsibilities will be leading and undertaking advanced Architecture Design and developing advanced software technologies. You must be familiar with mobile telecommunication network architecture and have at least 2 years’ experience developing Micro-Service systems.
Preferred Skillset –
- Extensive experience working in the Telecoms Industry
- Familiar with mobile telecommunication network architecture
- Experience developing Micro-Service systems in a Container, Orchestration, CI/CD environment
- OSS System Architecture
- Experienced in Network Technologies
- Analysing Business Requirements
- Waterfall or Agile Development Methodologies
- Previous experience working on large scale, complex projects
- Previous experience with Machine Learning, Big Data, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) is beneficial
Applicants are invited to apply as soon as possible to be included in the shortlist.